• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SOVA, ITS 2010! Step ya Melee game up baby! <3

royboy850

Smash Apprentice
tip for shotgun calling:
get your opponents attention by yelling out their name REALLY LOUD. then when they say "what?", reply "shotgun"

PRO RULES: if both people call shotgun at the same time, first person to pull down their pants and reach the car wins

so i should be booking a train ticket down there for this weekend right? D:

rhan

Smash Hero
royboy850 said:
tip for shotgun calling:
get your opponents attention by yelling out their name REALLY LOUD. then when they say "what?", reply "shotgun"

PRO RULES: if both people call shotgun at the same time, first person to pull down their pants and reach the car wins
LMAO

Too good. This deserves to be sig'd.

Royboy 4 prez!

royboy850

Smash Apprentice
hahaha ty's rhan

and if slash drives a stickshift truck thats man points up the roof

just rechecked HSG/HSG results threads and no vids/brackets yet T_T

and no ike vids yet toasty D:

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
@Caboose: You don't want to know what I've been going through the last month. ****'s been 18 kinds of ridiculous.

Khalil, do you have the brackets from before you left? Call me and I can tell you who beat whom [I think] to finish the bracket so it can be posted.

Also @ Caboose: I looked into all of the best Chinatown/other buses [ www.ivymedia.com ] and nothing was convenient at all. Unless of course you can get up to Alexandria [I think] and then find a ride from GREENSBORO to Raleigh [78 mile drive]...and it'll cost upward of $100 because of the short notice >_>

Gum

Smash Journeyman
Yeah I still got the full bracket saved up until the squanders (the technical squanders I mean).

Ok well I'll ride with you Slash. I'm putting my trust in you and your hockey tonka vehicle.

toasty

Smash Hero
my guess is that no matter where you upload the tourney file from, when you simply click "file->save" after that, it automatically goes to a pre-designated file where all TIO files get saved by default, which would be in whatever file the program was installed [since somehow it doesn't get automatically installed in the Program Files nor does it get considered as a "Program File" even if you install it in that folder]

Gum

Smash Journeyman
I can sense that you struggled in that explanation, but fear not! For I am not such a lowly noob! Hark! I am enlightened, and can now embrace comfort in the bliss of knowing where said TIO file was saved by default!!

royboy850

Smash Apprentice
hm thought i posted this already...
anyway sorries toasty, forgot you were getting reamed this month. is the brown fest part over at least?

and ty's for the ivymedia link. i may use it for odu to home trips later

toasty

Smash Hero
Uki. One day, you will become great. On that day, your greatest and most epic matches will be recorded.

And on the next day?

They'll be on youtube with the game's audio completely overshadowed by the blaring, beautiful majesty of the elegant sonic compositions of one Senor Enrique Iglesias.

Serpent

Smash Apprentice
If I get the brackets by Tuesday early evening (today), I'll probably be able to get a few matches up. I'm sure I could ID the people in the video, but I honestly want to see full results. So I'm basically blackmailing SoVA. I know you want those vids. :)

And with the brackets I'd be able to label the more epic but less important matches better (I think we all agree grand finals singles at least were boring as hell).

EDIT: Next time I come back for a tourney, I'll record finals and stuff miking the audience. Hearing reactions makes it much more interesting.

Ukiyasan

Smash Apprentice
Toasty, you wouldn't..... actually, knowing you.... you would. meh. I only said that because if I hear that song, it ALWAYS gets stuck in my head for like 2-3 days. I actually don't mind the music too much. Oh and did you want your recording stuff before you went to Jubilee? I figured you would like to record matches down there... if so, let me know. Maybe we can do a smash training session this week so you can teach me how to be a good ROB and I'll bring the cables.

toasty

Smash Hero
*cries*...I've been telling people that Saturday would be off for me :( *JohnsJohnsJohnsJohns*...if only you knew...actually, yeah remember that girl at the tourney? Friday will be a sad day for toasty toast ;___;

Basically, between mid-July and mid-August, I'm suffering through what could only be my trials to earn me the Karmic points that yield my otherwise extremely fortunate life.

MaSHi

Smash Journeyman
GNT is a go for me. Jubilee is a no go. Goodluck to everyone going. I am playing today. If you wanna play hit me up. Not sure if it's definite but it doesn't hurt to ask. =]

Ukiyasan

Smash Apprentice
Meh.... I really am much better when I practice then just watch. Like Zap Cannon for Lucas, I watched it 5000 times and could never understand how to control the distance with it, then I practiced it and got it down pretty well.

toasty

Smash Hero
I hate you Schoolie. And I almost got you invited to the "Reinventing R.O.B." private backroom where crucial **** is being discussed >_>

<3 the OTHER Trey who's actually not a douchebag ^_^

@Uki, I don't know if I'll have time to play but I DO need to come through and pick up those cables. Thanks for grabbing them for me :) I suppose I could come by...today? text me or something if that's okay [I get off work at 6 so I should be there shortly after]

Malco!!!

Smash Apprentice
Malco: Even though we didn't play at all it was cool to chat with ya there. Maybe sometime when I'm at my dad's house I can see if I could chill at your place or whatever to practice/play some smash. Or maybe when I'm actually not broke...money matches???

Schoolie: Nice to see that you're alive and still attending some of the tourneys. Maybe next time we could play some Melee (or Brawl, which ever you prefer.) Like with Malco, maybe if I get some cash together we could have a few money matches sometime. :)
Yeah that sounds awesome Im always down!

whodat

Smash Apprentice
**** Kadaj I just saw your post. I'm definately down for games tomorrow. I will call you.

Top Bottom