• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SOVA, ITS 2010! Step ya Melee game up baby! <3

MaSHi

Smash Journeyman
goodluck in FL serpent. =P. look for AFROTHUNDAH down in FL he's pretty ****. tell him you know Mashi. <3.

RiKu.757

Smash Apprentice
Ether would be considered dead until he shows up to an event. Then he'll be dead after the event is over.

MaSHi

Smash Journeyman
hey khalil when is the sc4 tourney? j/w. details please if you know. =]

whodat

Smash Apprentice
Sorry I'm already having games at my place today otherwise I would play there. Maybe we can do the crew battle on the 9th

rhan

Smash Hero
D0N said:
Sen & Rhan: it looks like im teaming with PTZR still.
Veddy nice. I'll be sure to get his tail up there then.

If your partnerless: I'm willing to team up in Brawl to whoever needs one. I play TL and Samus. I'm pretty decent at the game. I been learning up on the game and practicing a bit here. Only bad thing is that we probably wouldn't get any practice together until the day of the tourney. :<

Senko Zero

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4940-5527-1789
It's all good DON. I was awaiting confirmation of someone else that coming, and it's been for sure now, so you'll see me and him in teams.

I'm down for an August 9th TBFN crew battle. We'll have six members in attendence if I'm counting correctly: Whodat, DragonCharlz, HangedMan, Commi, KiLn and myself, whack *** Sen Zero. Whatever you purpose I'm more then likely good for, but then again, it is a group thing.

Ukiyasan

Smash Apprentice
Rhan, I'm up for teaming with you. I could use Lucas, Diddy, Marth, or ROB for teams.

Edit: Thats right toasty... I'm working on ROB now ^_^ and its not bad for me just picking him up at Mashi's the other day.\

Edit #2: Forgot that I CAN use TL in teams... just don't prefer to.

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
get with it son.

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=184838

read. :)

I've been super insano busy...

UPDATES ABOUT SATURDAY!!!

We always seem to be short on TVs. Always. I will be using HDTVs with component cables as a LAST RESORT. Unless we've discovered one or two at the venue that everyone can agree doesn't have lag... >_>

so. I will offer $2 - $3 of my own to each person who brings a TV that can be used for Brawl. First come, first served basis. If we don't end up using your TV, you don't get $ unfortunately. But I'm pretty sure we will use them.

Sorry that I'm so late on all this ****.

Please bring a Wii and Brawl if you have it (with all necessary unlocks). Do NOT assume that we have enough. No $$$ for Wiis, unfortunately, but I will love you forever!!!!

DOES ANYONE HAVE AN EXTENSION CHORD? [that has input for the ground prong, too...you know the hole that looks kinda like this: |o|....OKAY that's a horrible picture, but it's got 2 slits and one hole at the bottom, so we can put in power strips]

Also: NO HALO TOURNAMENT. Tekken 5 WILL have a tourney and so will MADDEN. I'm only in charge of Brawl so I don't know the rules for anything.

gahhhh things have been slightly insane lately...

don't be surprised if I seem edgy/anxious as hell on saturday.

BRING CAMERAS! take pictures! videos of everything! It's going to be a crazy event =D

Kadaj: your entire entry fee is on me. [$30]

ALL ATTENDING M.A. MEMBERS!!!(and honorary friends)
I NEED YOUR HELP!!!! I need people to GUARANTEE attendance at a specific time so I can delegate occupations for the day.

EDIT: Show up as early as 9 AM so everything can begin at noon or so.

Serpent

Smash Apprentice
@Mashi: I've heard of him, I think he's in the top 10 FL powerrankings, not sure. When I see him, I'll be sure to mention your name. :)

I'm going to bring 1-2 TVs (I don't need your money Toasty) and 1 Wii. I'm also going to bring recording equipment for matches on my TV. I'll have it going the whole tournament.

I also have an extension cable with the |o| thing. :) So I'll be bringing one of those too.

_Kadaj_

Smash Hero
Throw that P***y at me? B***h I think Im Babe Ruth
What do you mean toasty? Are you saying that I can show up for free and play singles and doubles? Just want to clarify as to what you mean.

Khalil: we had some fun matches last night sorry we couldn't play longer.

I've devised the greatest team name for me and FEAR. Well I didn't think of it FEAR did.

:bee: "The Best SoVa Has To Offer" :bee:

Toasty are we still down to **** at jubilee?

rhan

Smash Hero
Ukiyasan said:
Rhan, I'm up for teaming with you. I could use Lucas, Diddy, Marth, or ROB for teams.

Edit: Thats right toasty... I'm working on ROB now ^_^ and its not bad for me just picking him up at Mashi's the other day.\

Edit #2: Forgot that I CAN use TL in teams... just don't prefer to.
Alright Uki. 2 Toon Link's would be pretty fun. I can play Ness a little bit on Brawl. But my best are Samus and TL. :/

toasty said:
bring TVs saturday, and Wiis, please?
I got my set up. It's coming again. ;D

toasty said:
EDIT: Show up as early as 9 AM so everything can begin at noon or so.
._.

I live waaaaay out here in the country. It already takes an hour from here to Newport News.......I don't know about being there around 9AM but I think we could possibly make it there around 11ish?

toasty

Smash Hero
What do you mean toasty? Are you saying that I can show up for free and play singles and doubles? Just want to clarify as to what you mean.
Yes.

I've devised the greatest team name for me and FEAR. Well I didn't think of it FEAR did.

:bee: "The Best SoVa Has To Offer.............you ready? No, Craig, I mean it's the best TEAM NA-...Craig, that's not what I was saying the team should be cal-...CRAIG!. What are you typing on your Blackberry??? DON'T POST THAT TO SMA-" :bee:
I like it.

Toasty are we still down to **** at jubilee?
****in-A right we are!!!

WHO ELSE FROM SOVA IS PLANNING TO GO JUBILEE??

I'm trying to leave next saturday morning, EARLY [9 AM] so be prepared as if you were leaving Friday night. 99% chance I can't leave on Friday >_>

Housing is a non-issue because the venue is Karn's house (no longer a separate venue like originally planned] and we can stay there as long as we need to...

Important: I'm planning on coming back on MONDAY. If that greatly affects anyone's chances of going to Jubilee, I may be able to leave Sunday night.

Brawl is on Saturday, Melee is on Sunday [unlike originally planned]

EDIT@Rhan
I live waaaaay out here in the country. It already takes an hour from here to Newport News.......I don't know about being there around 9AM but I think we could possibly make it there around 11ish?

noooo don't worry about it...all I was saying was that people are ABLE to show up as early as 9AM. It will help a great deal if we get the majority of the stations set up as EARLY as possible. Adding a few later on won't be too much of an issue. Once we're there and we have a sense of how much space we're going to be allowed, we'll be able to predict the necessary space for setups that will be arriving later...it'll also help REGISTRATION a great deal if people show up as early as possible...that way we can actually maybe start the tournament on time????

and thank you (and everyone who mentioned bringing stuff) so much for bringing a setup :)

D0N

Smash Ace
Toasty: I know you dont know rules n such, but do you know when the tekken tournament starts or where I can find stuff out? I know someone who would want to go.

toasty

Smash Hero
From a Hi Score newsletter:

Madden – Registration 9am-11:30am – starts @ noon

Brawl – Registration 9am-11:30am – starts @ noon

Tekken 5 – Registration 9am-1:30pm – starts @ 2pm

NCAA College Football – Registration 9am-2:30pm – starts @3pm

Call of Duty 4 – Registration 9am-5:30pm – starts @6pm

Ukiyasan

Smash Apprentice
Toasty, I'll be there around 9am. Exact time, I'm not sure of yet. I'll help you out in anyway humanly possible. I'll even run the brackets like I did for O-NO's tourney way back.

Edit: Rhan, we can call our team "Young Guns." We just have to limit our characters to TL, Lucas, Ness, and Diddy. You can play TL and I'll figure out which compliments him the best for teams.

MaSHi

Smash Journeyman
see everyone tomorrow. =]

should i be there at any specific time? if not then i'll be there by registration. <3

toasty

Smash Hero
Maaasshhhhhiiii get there EARLY!!! we can get tons of casuals son =D

12804 Norwood Road
Raleigh, NC 27613

This is the address of the venue where the actual Brawl tourney will be on Sunday. The melee tourney will be at my Dad's house on Saturday and the address for that is:

2018 Brilliant Drive Raleigh, NC 27616.

We need as many TV 's/Wiis/Cubes/Powerstrips as possible. Please post if you can bring any of these.

I'll be updating the first pots sometime soon.
and then there's this...[MAAAD late on this one]

it was just confirmed today that Jubilee will NOT be at Karn's and actually WILL be at the venue

MaSHi

Smash Journeyman
i know i'm being dumb and stuff but when is this jubilee thing? haha i wanna go. sounds awesome. haha. i'm all late. who is going? is there room? who is driving? what is gas monies? how long are we staying? when we leaving? when we coming home? if i know then i might be able to go. =P haha.

toasty

Smash Hero
Jubilee is next weekend.

I am driving.

I have room to take 4 people other than myself and I don't have a clear idea of who I'm taking because my mind has been scrambled lately...incredibly scrambled >_>

Pretty sure Kadaj is going [since we're supposed to **** teams ^_^]...oh I guess that means I would be taking him haha, so room for THREE people left.

Gas money is between 20 and 25 dollars a person. IIRC Raleigh isn't terribly far away [same distance as Chu's from here? or at least C3], so I may settle for 20, but only if I have a full car.

I am leaving SoVa saturday morning at 9. This means that if you are meeting me at my house, it'll be before 9. If I am picking you up, that means the LAST person we all pick up will be picked up at 9 AM.

Oh ****, actually, I'll be staying at my girlfriend's place Friday night [close to my house] so we'll be meeting somewhere at ODU or something...we'll discuss how to work this out later. It won't be terribly complicated though, I promise =D!

We will reach Raleigh at noon.

Brawl Teams start around 1PM on Saturday.

I suppose Melee has the same schedule Sunday.

If everyone riding with me needs to be home Sunday night, I'll see what I can do.

My PLAN is to leave Monday morning. 11 AM.

Bring music.

dobee

Smash Apprentice
Hmm well i wont be going to the jubilee but on the 30th i'll probably go to c3. Main reason is that chu has my hat and i gotta go get it lol. But yeah if this car thing works out ( getting a new car for better gas ) I will most likely go... anyone interested?

jtowns

Smash Apprentice
****, I can't go to Hi Score tomorrow. My Wii broke yesterday, and I have no plants to smoke before I go. That's just a bad omen imo. I'll try to make my way to Jubilee, if anyone from Roanoke or around Western SoVA can give me a ride I will pay gas money! :)

toasty

Smash Hero
D: @ jtowns!! nooooooooo :(

@dobee: WTF!!! it's an M.A. event, man!!! you can't be skippin out on that ****! oh cuz you're sooo good at Torpedo Ball you're all of a sudden too good for SoVa?

well **** you then. ;______;

who else will show the world that Double Falcon is possible???

*cue Grim and Caboose's re-entry into the competitive Smash scene*

^_^

ugh...bout to pass out. gotta be up so early tomorrow :( :( :(

jtowns

Smash Apprentice
Good luck to everyone at hi score! Post results Toasty! Have a great time everyone, I'm about to hit the road for 6 hours, guh. Wish I could be playing smash with you guys! Hope to see you at Jubilee, peace.

Top Bottom