• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SOVA, ITS 2010! Step ya Melee game up baby! <3

whodat

Smash Apprentice
Nope the avatar isn't just for show. They used to be my main in melee, but I kinda gave them up in brawl. They are now one of my many secondaries. Toasty can tell you about them lol. I'm free most of this week as well so just give me a call or text and I will game a bit.

Jtowns- I am going to be at the hi-score tournament, but i'm a scrub though

Ukiyasan

Smash Apprentice
Jtowns- I am going to be at the hi-score tournament, but i'm a scrub though
Haha, and I guess that makes me a person that just picked up the controller and doesn't know the buttons....

Ok, outside of that sarcastic remark, I wanna thank Kadaj for doing a training session with me yesterday. Definitely helped me out. I think I've figured out what order I'm gonna use characters in... and should I dare say it.... a new character is in that mix ^_^

Only Kadaj knows who that is, and I hope he keeps it that way so I can trash some people by surprise on Saturday.

whodat

Smash Apprentice
But I am a scrub though lol

Seriously though I have a lot of things that I need to work on.

whodat

Smash Apprentice
I'm not quite sure how I should take that.

Anyway look forward to playing you eventually.

Gum

Smash Journeyman
@Toasty: Do you happen to have any footage recorded of us playing? Im trying to make a Samus combo vid.

Trying to find a place to smash is a chore in the summer time. anyone down for today though?

whodat

Smash Apprentice
Gum- that sc4 tournament you're running is there a money payout or just gift card or whatever?

Gum

Smash Journeyman
Its gonna be a money payout. Im thinking 5 venue and 5 entry.

O yeah also anyone who DOES play SC4 who is down to play let me know cuz Im down for that as well.

dobee

Smash Apprentice
Yo Mashi, G-reg got 3rd in Singles lol. And I guess you were 2 matches ahead of me because you got 17th and I got 33rd.

Oh and Kadaj and toasty, plank and jcaesar forgot your controller and remote

_Kadaj_

Smash Hero
Throw that P***y at me? B***h I think Im Babe Ruth
kadaj: kuku, speed, fats, and maybe cow all live up here in nova with me
:( I used to have so much fun playing with them does fats play brawl?

Dobee: nice work I heard you were ****** in torpedo ball lol

Khalil: PLAY ME!!!!!!!!!!!

Whodat: CALL ME and then PLAY ME!!!!!!!!!

Don: just call me so we can play maybe we can go up to whodats or something

MaSHi

Smash Journeyman
dobee cause g-reg knows matchups yo lol he's good like that. i only know how to play snake dittos. i only beat people cause i camp and read them. he can do both while knowing matchups and stuff. i'll learn the game though now that is. =]

i will start my real brawl training now though. =]

RiKu.757

Smash Apprentice
NoVA was fun this past weekend. We ended up goin to DC tryin to find G-Reg's place. Me and ndn got a game off m2k and Cactuar in friendlies. I constantly got 3 stocked by m2k in Melee, and I still couldn't do a thing against Cactuar. m2k is the biggest *** i've met inside and outside the smash world (U can ask Mashi, Dobee, and ndn) y. And i beat Cactuar in Torpedo Ball, but i didn't win money like Dobee did, and SoVA actually ***** in something, "TORPEDO BALL!!!!!!!"

And Ether, everyone was lookin 4 u, especially Cyrain.

RiKu.757

Smash Apprentice
When I play and talked to m2k he seemed like a pretty cool guys towards me. What was he doing to portray him as an a$$? Just curious
I had no problem with him when i played him, he was more of an a$$ when i lost to Cactuar in friendlies. Then when we went to IHOP, the waiter was asking us what we wanted to drink and this man slams his hands on the table and yells "I want Chocolate Milk."

CStick

Smash Lord
M2K can get too serious. Not "scream and throw **** into walls" serious like Husband, but he can get all whiny if he is playing bad, or whatever. Kind of like a Ken Syndrome, if you will...

Senko Zero

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4940-5527-1789
Good stuff in teams DON. I'm down if you want to team at the August 9th tournament. Team Sword And Ape FTW.

Kadaj - Sorry I missed games at Whodat's the other time you were there. I was just extremely exhausted and needn't worsen my bad Smash record anymore due to fatigue. I will be ready this Saturday however.

Toasty - Hope you're gearing up for this money match we have planned. I might not be Kadaj, but my Marth has come a long way.

MaSHi

Smash Journeyman
i'm lazy to drive anywhere now unless it's within 15 mins. if someone wants to play they come to me now. i'm down for today. =]

MaSHi

Smash Journeyman
alright whoever wants to go PM me lol i'll tell you my address but if it's too far i know why. =]. alright uki i'll text. so far i got 4 people going. anyone else? rofl.

lol i meant 5 forgot uki

i keep forgetting to add stuff. don't come til 8. play til i'm sleepy then you go. =]

D0N

Smash Ace
Good stuff in teams DON. I'm down if you want to team at the August 9th tournament. Team Sword And Ape FTW.
Yea teams were fun. It was funny how we kept doing the same thing at the same time too lol. I would team, but im already supposed to be teaming with PTZR on the 9th. He didnt know if he has to work that day or not when we decided to team so ill find out soon and if he is working then its team sword and ape. ill keep you posted.

Who: ggs in brawl and guilty gear. The TBFN videos were funny and now I know if I ever play a bad fighting game and complain about it atleast its not pretty fighter bad lol.

RiKu.757

Smash Apprentice
so i guess you didnt find my hat huh riku...
Nope. I could go look again while i'm at work with nothin to do.
And nope. I didn't find it.

And Ether, there won't be a next tyme 4 Chu's........

rhan

Smash Hero
D0N said:
Yea teams were fun. It was funny how we kept doing the same thing at the same time too lol. I would team, but im already supposed to be teaming with PTZR on the 9th. He didnt know if he has to work that day or not when we decided to team so ill find out soon and if he is working then its team sword and ape. ill keep you posted.
I'm Pitzer's ride up if he doesn't have work that day. I'm about to call him up so he could check his schedule ahead of time. I'm not trying to interfere with the teams that have already been set. But I think Pitzer wouldn't mind if you switched up on team mates. Plus I still need one for Brawl. lol If you and Senko Zero could play together regularly or for practice then I could team up with Pitzer since we play almost all the time also. But of course I'm just throwing this out there. Don't take this into consideration just yet. :/

royboy850

Smash Apprentice
yea it turns out that CNU, after their initial dip into brawl, just couldnt get into it and has pretty much stuck to melee afaik
ill be moving onto campus on the 20th again

also: ether is NEVER free to play. consider him dead

Serpent

Smash Apprentice
I can't go to Jubilee any more, so anyone expecting a ride: find another. Then I won't see SoVA until Xmas break after Aug 9th. *sadness* I'll represent down south though. 1st best in Florida Brawl is on my campus (I'll improve if I play with them), and Florida Brawl is generally scrubby, but a lot of tourneys. So expect a more **** me. ;) Also, Florida Melee is nasty, so I hope to improve in that area too and I might be able to play decently.

Poehlcat

Smash Apprentice
none of the CNU people besides schoolie play brawl =/
A lot of the CNU guys that don't know you guys as well, such as myself, play brawl. But school isn't in session yet so SpeedYoshi and Kuku are up in Nova, and Glyph and I are in Richmond. I know last time I saw Fats he wasn't too keen on brawl, but who knows by now.. As for Cow I have no idea. As soon as school starts up again I'm pretty sure you guys can expect attendance from some of us at SOVA events.

Top Bottom