• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SOVA, ITS 2010! Step ya Melee game up baby! <3

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
oh yea...THE BOSS!!! gooood **** man...that losers finals set was crazy close!!! Shame you didn't know about the system of Winners/Losers finals or "Dave's (modified) Stupid Rule" [where you can't counterpick to a stage you already won on in that set...I don't like that rule too much either. But for real, imagine getting taken to Rainbow Cruise or some **** TWICE in the Grand Finals set >_>]. You completely ***** in Winners Finals when you thought it was 2/3 :(

and CSTIIIICK!!! <3 <3 <3

I almost died when I saw Lee...I miss that guy :(

_Kadaj_

Smash Hero
Throw that P***y at me? B***h I think Im Babe Ruth
Lol yea until I came back and won the last 3 straight :laugh: but its all good tho we play all the time so its no surprise as how it turned out. (I'm not being a$$ guys relax) if he would've beat me I wouldn't have been surprised.

Gg's to every1

Toasty we must play more

Boose we need to play more sorry about that marth v.s. Ike match :(

SlashTalon

Smash Ace
So C3 was pretty awesome.

Here's the rundown:
Not a lot of people there, but they were very skilled players:
Forte
Azen
Chu
Chillen
Meep
Kirbstir
G-reg
Knacker
Plank
Omni
Yoster
OM
BMX!
Shoga
And I know Im forgetting a few more...

I think Chillin, Chu/Azen, and Forte split top 3, we all ended up just doing friendlies.

Def my best tourney performance so far. I only lost to Chu in tourney (twice...yeah brackets hate me), but I was able to finally beat Kirby in a set. In tourney matches I beat a Marth, lots o' peaches, Mks, Sonic, Falco, and more MKs

I went all Falco the whole tourney (minus teams) and I only lost to Forte (Peach), Plank (MK), Chu (Kirby), and G-reg(Sheik/Zelda), but I also beat them all a few times.
I beat and never lost to G-regs Snake/Wario =D
I beat all the MK's I played pretty heftily and in case you couldn't tell my confidence has significantly boosted.

I encouraged them all to come down next week for the GNT tourney, to which Chu said he would try its really based on the amount of people so the prize is worth it.

Oh and
0 Suicides!:laugh:

unrealperson4564

Smash Apprentice
Virginia Beach, VA ; I think I'm becoming a Sonic
lol at the random huge attendance

GGs Slash! and once my family gets some financial crap worked out maybe I can get a Wii and show up to more tourneys to show my little bro all the stupid mistakes he makes. *sigh* Three sucides against Kadaj and Fear with Meta Knight -_-

dot dot dot

Oh and Toasty thanks for the Rainbow Cruise advice. :D

Hopefully I can scrounge up some pennies for the tourney this friday.

royboy850

Smash Apprentice
wheresies? just post up here and ill look it up later

cz. you know. the labs actually open on sunday unlike saturday where they're open for FOUR FUKKIN HOURS

royboy850

Smash Apprentice
yea i did. i waited til 12 20 but noone was there so i left

and ill be in the cyber loft - computer lab on second floor in webb center. if you dont know where that is, post and ill go to...i dunno del vecchio's if its before 5, lions den if afterward

edit: btw toasty did you ever check what teacher/time/course your lit class is?

edit edit: i assume fatties date isnt rescheduled to tonight. otherwise call slash/khalil or apparently billy to contact me. seriously sorry about yesterday. lab closed at 4 so i never got it. but man, resched quick or ivar's going to say "goddammit caboose" with a burning passion in his eyes every time he sees me

Ukiyasan

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys, just thought I'd drop by and say hi. I've been having a very bad week and I honestly doubt I will be making it to GnT for saturday. Had a falling out with my parents and now have no car, practically no money, and am having to live from the kindness of a family friend to be able to have a place to sleep at night. I would be more than willing to go to the tourney if I had a ride, since I get paid friday and will actually have some spending money in time for GnT. If anyone thinks they could give me a ride, (Staying in Ocean View area of Norfolk) please PM me on here or txt my cell (757-803-5216).

_Kadaj_

Smash Hero
Slash we can play if you wanna come by or any1 for that matter.
(P$C is slowly starting to fade :( which is bad)

I don't want to be out of practice for the GnT tourny or C3!

Any1 call me up!

And whodat, dragoncharlz, commi, and logan call me so we can play. You guys should come over more often!

toasty

Smash Hero
goooood **** Slash...

UKI: omg that sounds awful :(

Caboose: leo online isn't working right now :( I'll get you that info asap. Fatties date should be on a saturday or sunday [but not this upcoming weekend]. I'll facebook you more details.

Who wants to go see Paula Deen on September 13? ^_^

royboy850

Smash Apprentice
lol yet another game i need to play. that and balderdash. and trivial pursuit MASTER GENIUS EDITION (took one game six freaking hours >_>)

lawl at paula deen and more lawls at don not knowing paula deen. you shouldve just sent him a picture of Land O'Lakes Extra Trans Fat Butter

also: me and slash totally didnt play each other for 5+ hours straight last night and ended at 12 am with 200+ KO's each. nope.
in unrelated news, my wario is pretty much back up to par

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
hey do people still have melee tourneys in sova, or is it just brawl these days?

regardless, what tourneys are here between now and sept. 15th? i may be in the area.

toasty

Smash Hero
Dean's place is THE ****. oooh mannn...really nice place, for real.

and he introduced me to something that sounds disgusting but it's AMAAAZING [as far as simple fatty snack-foods go].

A chocolate-dipped SMORE. ^_^ (microwaved of course)

Re: Lion's Den. David just texted me about that too haha...said CPUs could beat those guys

MaSHi

Smash Journeyman
hmm. so smash goes on at gnt and not lion's den? gimme more info. i'm back on boards now. i got my sched worked out and all that. gimme info and i'll play this week and whatever.

MaSHi

Smash Journeyman
what is the odu GNT is there more than one GNT? or is the address from the tourney the one you're at? gimme like the address and i'll hit it up tomorrow.

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
i might come..i'm not very interested in brawl tourneys though..my tech skill for brawl will be off..

ie i'll have to relearn not trying to wavedash everytime i want to move..and learning to do the over b combos with marth slowly again...

maybe i'll just play mk or someone who doens't have much tech involved..though i noticed pro players have gotten better at tornado spam and using the up+B

toasty

Smash Hero
the ODU GnT is a different location entirely from the tourney. If you head to ODU, it's behind the Ted Constant Convocation Center in the shopping center on Monarch Way. It's next to Perfectly Frank.

@Caboose:

INTRODUCTION TO LITERATURE - ENGL 112L
Assigned Instructor: LANE M. DARE
Wednesday 7:10 pm - 9:50 pm

BAL 2068

@Slash or anyone who sees Caboose today: TELL HIM TO CHECK HIS PM, ASAP.
thanks.

royboy850

Smash Apprentice
yea not sure if im going to change my class then cz my friend Rusty's in the accounting class i have then. though my lit teacher now seems boring as hell. ill decide whether to keep my oceanography or my accting (both i share with Rusty) and ill check out how ms. dare rates online. sorry bud D:

check your PM reply

_Kadaj_

Smash Hero
About this tripping mod let's say rob does down tilt will he no longer trip after down tilt? If so that mod will mean a lot of setups and combo's will dissappear wouldn't want that happening would you...

It really doesn't affect me tho marth doesn't really trip opponents anyway

rhan

Smash Hero
Maverick Ace said:
About this tripping mod let's say rob does down tilt will he no longer trip after down tilt? If so that mod will mean a lot of setups and combo's will dissappear wouldn't want that happening would you...

It really doesn't affect me tho marth doesn't really trip opponents anyway
The "No Tripping" mod only applies to running. Moves that cause tripping will still have the other player to trip. Like Diddy's bananas, Toon's dash attack, DK's dtilt, etc.

I beat Toasty to it :)

Rhan = 1

Toasty = 2,376,342,853

toasty

Smash Hero
Another long and poi---...actually, it's not pointless at all!

I'm almost certain that it only affects the tripping that occurs while moving and not the kind that occurs from attacks/objects like ROBs dtilt and Diddy's bananas...

Everyone [including pros] has been saying that it has no negative effect on the game which leads me to conclude that it only removes the really god awful trip that has single-handedly ended the careers of some would-be brawlers...hell, Khalil was almost outta the game for that very reason [his "last straw" was if he lost money due to a trip and in a heated money match on his last stock, he just happened to trip...against an Ike. ;____;]

good thing he changed his mind :)

Also I forgot to add:

BALDERDASH IS ****ING AMAZING..

I need to see what's going on in the world of Smash and tournaments/fests and my own life the weekend of September 13th before I commit to this BUT:

I may be having a fest. But not a Smash-fest. Not even any video games! [but that's mostly because I can't host game fests at my place anymore :(]

Balderdash.
Apples-to-Apples.
Celebrity.
Taboo [probably]
Texas Hold'em [if people are down for a $5 buy-in. you can buy-in as many times as you wish, but only when you're completely out of chips]

We could even make this whole thing a crew or teams thing. Everyone involved throws in a dollar or two and whichever team/crew places the highest cumulatively in all the events gets all the money?

Although that means I'll have to buy Balderdash and Apples-to-Apples...****. Oh well, it'll be good to have them.

Allow me to explain the first 3 games and their rules. It'll be difficult to truly realize WHY these games are amazing so if I don't feel lazy then I may cite examples ^_^

BALDERDASH:
This is a very fancy word for "Bullshlt" ...because that's what you do to win.
cards are in boxes, Trivial Pursuit style, and each card has about 5 words on one side and their definitions on the flipside. Now...these words are all real. But they're absolutely obscure and ridiculous. They range from the way outdated to the bizarrely situational...and their definitions typically do not relate to any fragments of the word and its pre/suffixes, so it's not like you can break down what it means. My favorite is probably "fussocking" which means "fat and hard to handle" haha...
Each round, in a clockwise sequence, there is a person designated as the "Dasher". He takes a card, and chooses a word. Everyone writes down on a little pad what the word is. A timer starts and everyone has to create their own definition for the word. The pieces of paper [with names] are folded up, given to the Dasher who, completely straightfaced, has to read all the definitions to everyone, including the actual definition. People then vote on what they think the correct definition is.
You vote for the correct one, 1 point.
People vote for yours, 2 points.
You SOMEHOW write down a definition similar to the actual definition, 7 points.

Hilarity ensues.

Warning: you should only play this game with relatively intelligent/creative people.

APPLES TO APPLES:
Two kinds of cards here. Red cards have 1 noun written on it [ people / places / things / events ] and green cards have 1 adjective written on them [ examples: fuzzy, tame, influential].
Everyone takes 7 red cards from various piles and keeps them secret...
Each round someone new is the judge. They flip over a green card and then everyone selects a noun from their hand that best fits the adjective and places it face down. It could be the best fit for the adj, it could be the complete opposite, it could be something completely ridiculous [the other night I pulled a green card that said the word "Spicy"...someone put down a red card that said "Sean Connery" and I didn't even bother looking at the rest of the red cards hahaha]
As you can see, you can play to the judge [like if your girlfriend is the judge and the adjective is "Shallow" you DO NOT want to put down the noun "My love life"]
You get the adjective card if the judge chooses your noun. You get 7 adjective cards [or whatever] you win...

some house rules apply like:
If you put down "Helen Keller" you automatically win the round hahaha

CELEBRITY:
People pair up.
On 3 slips of paper per person, you write down the name of a famous figure
[living/dead/animated/legendary/mythical/etc]
slips go into a bowl folded.
let's pretend I'm on Otis's team.
1st round goes like this:
when it's our turn, the timer starts and I pull out a slip of paper. I give as many clues as possible until Otis gets it correct or says "pass". "Pass" = putting folded slip back into the bowl...Correct answer = putting slip on the table, and then Otis takes a slip out of the bowl.
This goes on until time runs out. The bowl goes around the table 1 by 1 to each team until all the slips are empty. At this point everyone has heard all the celebrities' names. So you better have been paying attention to the clues...

2nd round:
same exact thing.

Except for each celebrity you are limited to only ONE WORD as the clue.

3rd round:
same thing again except..................you can't say anything.

points are tallied up at the end of each round based on how many slips you have on the table.

For real, this game is amazing and beyond entertaining esp when you have a large group of people [12-16 people]

This may be a first come-first serve kinda deal since I can't have too many people in my house anymore...but I'll post up IF this is confirmed.

Just offering people a chance to hang out and not worry about Smash for a weekend.

Of course if there IS a tournament or fest that weekend for Brawl/Melee, then I'm down as hell! Just not at my house :)

MaSHi

Smash Journeyman
okay for gnt tomorrow. who goes and what time? cause it's like 30 mins+ for me. if quite a few go i'll go.

Top Bottom