• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SOVA, ITS 2010! Step ya Melee game up baby! <3

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
David BLKG is also going...I'll see if he's willing to drive and how many people he can take.

@Ether, I was actually waiting for Lisa to graduate before I crash your place to play [because I'm greedy and want to play only you, but I don't have a setup at my place and your place is unusable until Lis is done with everything]

ALSO: graduation is THIS saturday, correct??? C3 is on May 25th =D You should DEFINITELY be able to go.

@Tope/TR: Okay, looks like I'll be the Richmond party bus ^_^ Isra/Cyrain/Tope...it may be a really full car if O-NO can still make it that day. Unless the people in my caravan have room for others as well...we'll see how the numbers work out. I would love to play tons of Melee and Brawl while in Richmond though.

@Dobee: how much room do you have in your car? It'd be **** if you could take some of Hampton with you =D I guess one of the Hampton people could go in Koorii's car? LOL you would DEFINITELY have to be kinda short though...you really do NOT want that seat if you're anything close to above-average height.

again, I'll see who Black-G can take :)

dobee

Smash Apprentice
Well as far as I know I have 1 definite riding, a possible second i have to check.... So as of right now i have 2 definite spots open. So yeah I can get a couple of hampton people. And if someone is REALLY desperate to go they can ride in the back (2 door explorer) lol. SoVA is rolling deep son! lol.

EDIT: Psh, we still need housing though.

toasty

Smash Hero
housing won't be too much an issue...I just gotta check a few things. give it a week or so and I'll have more info on housing :)

and yesssss this is exactly what I want to happen. I want SoVa to make a larger-than-normal showing. I want at least 15-20 people repping SoVa...even if you normally live in NoVa [Caboose/Grim/Zion/Biosage/etc]. Usually we'll have like...3-5 people go =/

Koorii

Smash Cadet
sorry guys until further, notice consider my car completely full...definitely a wrench thrown in my plans...i'm still going i just dont know if i van carry any more...

O-NO

Smash Journeyman
Vallejo CA! (for lowlifes that dont know) Teh Bea
it sounds like i may have to drive to c3....
the only thing about that is, if i do drive, im going with some SRK heads. so im unsure of how many people i can take, when ill be going, when im leaving OR, where im staying ~.~;.

OK

SoVA ON LOCK TOURNEY!!!

When: Saturday June 7th (over night)
Time: TBA
Where: Hi Score Gaming, 1200 N Battlefield blvd, suite 103, Chesapeake, VA

Venue is 10$, but remember this is a multi-game event, play in as many games as you like to get the best value. (even if it is just for fun and you know youll loose ^.^ )

Rules, you KNOW the rules.... im using the c3 stage list.
Melee rules are on page one.
Singles (5$ a person)
Teams (10$ a team)

Items set to off.

Stages set to random:

Yoshi's Island (DS version)
Battlefield
Smashville
Final Destination

Counterpicks available:
Lylat Cruise
Delphino Plaza
Luigi's Mansion
Norfair
Halberd
Pokemon Stadium 2
Castle Siege
Pictochat
Rainbow Cruise
Green Greens
Brinstar
Frigate Orpheon
Pokemon Stadium
Electro Plankton

Matchs will be best of 3 with finals best of 5.

Matchs will be 3 stock with a 7 minute timer.

OTHER GAMES!!!

Tekken5 DR
MVC2
CVS2
SF3
Arcana heart
SF alpha 2
SF super turbo
Puzzle Fighter (hd remix?)
and many others......

toasty

Smash Hero
Riku...I know you asked me a long time ago but I don't remember if I gave you an updated answer. looks like I'll be taking Richmond people like I thought so I don't think I'll have room in my car >_>

sorry man.

Also...just remembered that I'm a ****** and it's Memorial Day Weekend...which means no work on monday...which means no rush in leaving C3 ^_^...which is good since it'll probably take like 11 hours to do the tournament x_X

Malco!!!

Smash Apprentice
Im going to try and go to this lock in thing.
Maybe we could could play another round of Street Fighter 3 and some Powerstone!!?!?

royboy850

Smash Apprentice
wait toasty what do you mean about housing? as in limited space for the hotel? cz im pretty sure billy could step it up to some degree in that respect

EDIT: BY THE WAY. the first meal we're all going to have up there is five guys. end of story

toasty

Smash Hero
speaking of lock-ins, im getting good responses on the srk thread.

ive got heads from Richmond, MD, and NYC coming to this.
step it up SoVA!
We should promote the HELL out of this at C3 =D

wait toasty what do you mean about housing? as in limited space for the hotel? cz im pretty sure billy could step it up to some degree in that respect

EDIT: BY THE WAY. the first meal we're all going to have up there is five guys. end of story
I've been way ahead of you like 8 pages ago haha, I've been talking to Billy about this already =D Hence: "I'm working on it" or "I'll see what I can do".

I'm not trying to put Billy on the spot like that.

EDIT: fuxin-A-right we're going to Five Guys ^_^ So Boose, you will definitely already be up in NoVa correct?

FOR THOSE LOOKING FOR HOUSING:
if the hotel thing works out, just make sure you got $5+ to throw in. IF IT WORKS OUT. It may not. I'll get my prices within the week hopefully.

royboy850

Smash Apprentice
yea i figured thats what it was. but if it was something like people coming early or w/e, i could've offered my house for a few hours

oh and yes, i believe i'll be home by then unless my dad for w/e reason can't pick me up

toasty

Smash Hero
naw Billy wants us to get there earlier...since it's saturday [I guess to guarantee that we get rooms?] and it's memorial day weekend.

gahhhh this is going to be soooo good =D can't wait.

Edit: regardless of where you stay, it's a good idea to bring at least a pillow/blanket...and for the love of god deodorant/toothbrush or something!

MaSHi

Smash Journeyman
i need to figure out housing for myself first. if i can't figure something out then i'm not going rofl. if i do cough cough malco hotel splitzy? =]

BUM163

Smash Lord
Every wednesday and thursday is training grounds at web2zone. from melee to brawl, to tekken 5 to street fighter, come to play and train with other players. Fridays are brawl weeklys which every week has been 40 plus. You have any questions pm me here or hit me up on aim which is oni163. this is in nyc.

toasty

Smash Hero
these rooms are HUGE [they're actually suites]...last time, Rahil, Isra, Cyrain, G-Reg, and myself were reasonably..uh...comfortable? Granted I slept on the floor wearing a hoodie with the hood up to act as my bed/pillow/blanket, but I'm not picky :) We can figure it out. when I get the price list for multiple rooms, I'll let you guys know. Just plan on sharing a room with like 4 or 5 dudes

Again, if this doesn't work out [price-wise] I'm sorry. I can't make any promises right now. So work on some sort of back-up plan [like staying at the C3 lock-in the night before the tourney!]

EDIT:
I've been to a weekly at Web2Zone when I was in New York last summer. I didn't get to stay for the tourney but I got friendlies with everyone who was there [Bum/DireVulcan] and man oh man...EVERYONE there is good. like...CRAZY good. >_> If you ever find yourself in Manhattan or near it one week...it's pretty amazing

Ether

Smash Ace
TOASTY we play SOON!

Both games plz. Just bring your Wii over.

Why have I not asked you to come over more often?

We can record matches? Sometime next week or maybe after C3.

Edit - Do I understand this right? C3 is on a sunday, and memorial day is monday, both days that I am off? I would just have to get Saturday off and pay gas money because housing is more or less available? So there is no reason for me to miss this?

Watch me squander.

SlashTalon

Smash Ace
Ether I'm pretty sure I live ridiculously close to you...

You need to just drop by any night where were playing...which is like 70% of every week haha

toasty

Smash Hero
TOASTY we play SOON!

Both games plz. Just bring your Wii over.

Why have I not asked you to come over more often?

We can record matches? Sometime next week or maybe after C3.

Edit - Do I understand this right? C3 is on a sunday, and memorial day is monday, both days that I am off? I would just have to get Saturday off and pay gas money because housing is more or less available? So there is no reason for me to miss this?

Watch me squander.
Ether/toasty: we should play!

Ether: oh...well..we can't play here, Lis has got to get some work done

toasty: completely understandable...but I don't have a set up we could play on here =/

Ether/toasty: some other time then ;____;

I figured I'd just wait til Lisa graduates and then I can come over whenever and **** your spacies and learn how to beat Sheiks consistently. ^_^

EDIT: You can absolutely not squander. You better have told them TODAY that you're taking off for Saturday the 24th.

EDIT#2: David Black-G can take two other people in his car. If you still need a ride let me know. Ether: you're riding with me, correct? Of course you are.

Gum

Smash Journeyman
**** C3 weekend is gonna be top tier as hell! Hey O-NO, any chance you could bring Third Strike, cuz Im still trying to learn that game. I wanna play it even after 4 comes out.

toasty

Smash Hero
HAMPTON LISTEN UP. You guys are probably going to have to split up. almost no one driving up in a completely empty car [which is what you'll need to take 4 other possible people] Dobee already offered a couple spots to you guys. So choose who is going with him (if the offer still stands, of course) and anyone else who has even one spot and wouldn't mind taking Hampton people [and for those who haven't met them, they're all legit guys who won't do anything stupid...all very respectful] should be an awesome person and offer a spot :) But yeah, you'll have to split up.

OH and C3 is only slightly more expensive than SoVa tourneys. Please be aware of the fees you'll have to pay and don't act surprised ^_^
Here is the C3 thread for reference:
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=165685

OTIS!
put me down for the lock-in son =D I'll be there...especially to get WRECKED in some 3rd Strike. I'm pretty awful at it. I think all I know how to do is parry and hadoken, lmao...of course I'm not THAT bad, but yeah, school me in that **** and I'll see you in some Puzzle Fighter ^_^

dobee

Smash Apprentice
Oh yeah the offer is still there lol but to let them kno, unless the hotel is rediculously cheap (which I doubt) I'll be staying at the C3 lock-in.

Oh and put me down too for the SoVA lock-in.

drag00nspyd0r

Smash Rookie
wow there is a huge number of people coming! I'm trying to work out a huge sova vs nova crew match. I'm going to advertise it up in nova tomarrow, when i get back. Let me know if you want in.

toasty

Smash Hero
goooooddaaaamniiiit >_<

on the real, though, Otis...the last thing I want to do is see your file come across my desk at work [I work at a bankruptcy office]. I've already had to file someone that I was very close with...that **** sucked. ;___;

EDIT: Tope...lemme know when you find out whether or not you need a ride up. If we throw Isra in my trunk I can easily give you a ride back lol

O-NO

Smash Journeyman
Vallejo CA! (for lowlifes that dont know) Teh Bea
so yes, after spending about 800$ on keeping my car and license AND, still having a ton of other bills to pay....im gonna say that im gonna have to miss out on C3.

unless its rigged so that i cannot loose any event no matter how hard i try.

i hate this world.....

Top Bottom