• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SOVA, ITS 2010! Step ya Melee game up baby! <3

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
Anyone who doubts O-NO's ability in 3rd Strike needs to see this:

http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=2835644&postcount=2180
lmaaaaoooo I remember that ****. TOOOO GOOD. And wow, without the whole Choke Chord incident, would there even BE a "Red ___" for the Red Ken to reference?

And on that note:
**** FATTY!!!

that poor chair didn't see it coming ;___;

EDIT: yo. If anyone hears anything about another NC Jubilee, we gotta go again! That weekend was possibly the most fun I've ever had smash related ^_^........uhhh, with the exception of Epic Madness, of course!

SlashTalon

Smash Ace
SLASHTALON's THUNDERDOME

DATES: SAT APRIL 19and 26 (following Toasty's tourney when we get kicked out)

"I Fight For My Friends"

Come play some friendly competitive Brawl at my place the next two weekends.

PARKING PARK IN THE SHOPPING CENTER NEXT TO MY COMPLEX. PARKING IN MY COMPLEX WILL RESULT IN TOWING BECAUSE THE TOW GUY IS A STRICT MUTHA-PHUCKA. I LIVE THERE AND I'VE BEEN TOWED

Time: People can start showing up around 5pm and we will def play into the night

Venue fee: $5 (food/drink included), Tourneys will costs extra.

General rules: Same as Toasty's, You break it, you buy it, you get out.

SET UPs AND EXTRA CHAIRS would def be a help if a lot of people show up.
I have four TVs to use and at least two wiis to use. Bringing Drinks & Snacks will also be quite awesome.

Tourney Rules:

SINGLES
No Items
3 Stock
8 Minutes
Best 2 out of 3
Grand Finals: Best 3 out of 5
Each player can ban a stage prior to the set.
First match of each set will be on a Random stage
Loser of the previous match will choose the next stage, then the winner selects a character, then the loser selects a character.
Any glitches or game-stalling strategies to run out the clock are banned and will result in the loss of that stock.

TEAMS
Team Attack ON
3 Stock
Best 2 out of 3
Finals: 3 out of 5

CREWS:
If you're on my crew: WIN
If you're not: LOSE

NEUTRAL STAGES (set to Random):
-Final Destination
-Battlefield
-Smashville
-Yoshi's Island (DS Version)

COUNTERPICK STAGES:
-Lylat Cruise
-Halberd
-Frigate Orpheon
-Pokestadium 1
-Brinstar
-Delfino Plaza
-Castle Seige
-Rainbow Cruise
-Jungle Japes
-Green Greens

ALL TOURNEY MATCHES WILL BE RECORDED

More details to come. Hope everyone can make it.
Cell-7578399426
AIM-PuckPhobia

SlashTalon

Smash Ace
please note that on the 26th, after my tournament, people may not be at Slash's to open the place up because my tournament should END at 5 so there's a chance that Slash may still be at the tournament. Make it 5:30 or 6 for the 26th, Slash.
My roommate will be there, that or Brown. I got it covered! :p

SpeedYoshi

Smash Journeyman
@isra yeah, best of 3 $3 is good with me and i'll end up banning final cuz i ban that stage against almost all chars :)

and ****, there was way too much drama in this thread for the past ~200 pages

royboy850

Smash Apprentice
um i kno im balls late for talking bout this but in regards to DDD infinites:
yes, walls are a problem, but there's also a HUGE part that goes to walk off stages. parts of delfino plaza and the second stage of castle siege make DDD nigh broken in some matchups (like wario...T_T) i think thats the real issue that goes down in stage discussion regarding DDD and is the "infinite" to worry bout banning

_Kadaj_

Smash Hero
Throw that P***y at me? B***h I think Im Babe Ruth
ill c if i can make it to slash's after toasty's tourny but the only way i could do that is if i had a ride to slash's and my dad would pick me up there.

he doesn't have a problem dropping me off then picking me up its just making multiple trips is what he wont go for. :(

but im looking forward to this weekend 1st im going to richmond to play with fear afterwards we're going to tope's to play team richmond. After that ill b playin toasty on sunday

SMASH IS THE BEST GAME EVER!!!!!!!!!!!

O yea toasty plz dont forget your laptop and gamebridge cables this time.

Cyrain

Smash Ace
and Cyrain..well...I just need more Cyrain ;)
Mwahahaha, I feel so loved. I miss you Toasty!
And you best be scurred of my falcon, son.
I suck at the marth matchup with him
But I've gotten pretty good. =)

ALSO anyone else want some MMs next time I come down? Name a top or high tier character and the matchup and I might accept. =P
Ether, best of 501 MM? 1$?

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
come where? i'm in williamsburg...i have a general rule that i accept MM when possible.

also, i don't remember anything wrong with castle siege or delfino plaza..the walk off portions are there...but there isn't just one level of height..you shouldn't be playing on portions where you know your opponent can cg you to death.

toasty

Smash Hero
omg. I played Melee against last night. Forgot way too much about that game. *10 matches in* Caboose: "OH YEAH! Crouch canceling! That's what we haven't been doing!"
Most of what we forgot was movement related though. Stupid new awesome multiple airdodge system. lmao, Rahil was CF, Caboose was Ganon (his last stock @ highish damage), Ganon was just within upB range [but he was level with the stage heightwise], CF just short hops (in place, mind you).................and Ganon airdodges backwards in fear. too. good.

edge teching was still second nature though, didn't even have to remember that ^_^

@Cyrisrafel, I hope you guys get a ride. It'd be soooo sick to have you guys down here next weekend! You could whip me back into shape with Melee. We'll have to play like 10 matches apiece before our money matches :laugh:

EDIT: okay. So I should basically say that doing that broken standing chainthrow on those several characters is banned...but walking off on those stages shouldn't be an issue.

Be aware of your matchup. If you can get chained to death by a certain character, esp on certain parts/phases of a stage, then avoid getting grabbed. It's pretty much that easy of a concept. Ooooh sadface it makes it so hard...whatever. deal with it.

Cow

Smash Apprentice
naw I don't have the gamebridge cables. someone lost them ;______;
which cable did you lose? the um.. one that goes from the gamebridge to the little av/svideo in jacks is tough to replace (the short one), but the one that goes from the gamebridge to the computer is actually a reasonably common USB cable

toasty

Smash Hero
uhh...I wish it were that simple. I lost everything that I need for the recording setup. Basically he's going to buy me a new adapter, new cables, splitters, etc. *sigh* I might have to look up something other than gamebridge, got any recommendations? Something better that you know of? I mean the GB served me just fine, I'm just curious for an upgrade while I'm at it, you know?

Gren Kuts

Smash Rookie
Hey, it's Nick a.k.a. Winback.

Does anyone still have the full results from the PAGG Brawl tourney? I went 2-and-2, and it had like what, 14 entries? So what place does that put me in? I dunno much about brackets, so I'm asking you guys. Thanks.

Brawl matches take a long time.

Cow

Smash Apprentice
uhh...I wish it were that simple. I lost everything that I need for the recording setup. Basically he's going to buy me a new adapter, new cables, splitters, etc. *sigh* I might have to look up something other than gamebridge, got any recommendations? Something better that you know of? I mean the GB served me just fine, I'm just curious for an upgrade while I'm at it, you know?
honestly, pretty much anything is probably better than a gamebridge. It's main draw is that it was like $10 for a while.

Israfel

Smash Journeyman
@ SpeedYoshi: Cool. I'll probably end up banning battlefield since that stage is terrible.

@ Cyrain: MM my falco/marth/fox with your falcon? I'd do falcon ditto, but I suck with falcon. I need the instruction of Mr. Geos.

@ Toasty: Yeah, I'd really enjoy coming down. I'm not all that enthusiastic about brawl still, and will probably go random character #309 in the tournament, but of course I'd still enter. ^_^ Any amount of melee would make it all worth it. The issue is indeed the ride though what with the somewhat short notice and C3 being this weekend. Imma get my license as soon as I'm out of this semester though, so in the future this will hopefully be a nonissue.

Cyrain

Smash Ace
@ Cyrain: MM my falco/marth/fox with your falcon? I'd do falcon ditto, but I suck with falcon. I need the instruction of Mr. Geos.
Yea man, that's cool with me. I'll MM any character you want against mah falcon. All 3, if you want. =D I dunno when I'll get to come see you kids next, though.

Cyrain

Smash Ace
Cyrain, who do you play? i know fox since u were at my tourney.
I main Fox and secondary Marth.
I also play pretty much all of high/top tier though.
I'd like to think my falco, falcon and peach are all pretty good as well.
My sheik is pretty meh though lol.

*Edit*
I love Falcon dittos.
Anyone wanna Falcon ditto MM?

Cyrain

Smash Ace
His Ness is also a beast. Then again, I'm terrified of all Nesses ;____; What the hell did all you people do against me? I have no memory :(

Watching Cyrain's Fox in beast mode, especially on teams, is inspiring.
Hahaha thank you, thank you.
I play much faster now than I ever did the last tiem you saw me haha.
I look forward to getting some matches in with you again.
We always say we're gonna get a **** ton of matches in, then we never do
NEXT TIME I COME
Oh, it's goin' down.
Same for you Ether.

SpeedYoshi

Smash Journeyman
**** cyrain, we need to play next time we get the chance, i learned to fox ditto, and my only evidence of this is taking off 3 of pcats stocks by only giving 32 damage in <30 seconds. He then quit the match haha

Cyrain

Smash Ace
**** cyrain, we need to play next time we get the chance, i learned to fox ditto, and my only evidence of this is taking off 3 of pcats stocks by only giving 32 damage in <30 seconds. He then quit the match haha
Hahaha sounds about like how I play. x_x
Good & gay lol. Shines ftw =)
I'm totally down though, I do love a good fox ditto.

toasty

Smash Hero
the gathering last night was pretty awesome.
Biosage: MOTHER****ING OATMEAL CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES, SON!
Slash: good **** on being clutch in the last crew match.

Also @ Slash: way to prove that ODU is better than CNU at smash AND riddles haha
gooood ****.

PS: Kentucky Fraco Bell? Yeah. **** you. Mexican Pizzas are NOT made with taco shells.

Ether

Smash Ace
Hahaha thank you, thank you.
I play much faster now than I ever did the last tiem you saw me haha.
I look forward to getting some matches in with you again.
We always say we're gonna get a **** ton of matches in, then we never do
NEXT TIME I COME
Oh, it's goin' down.
Same for you Ether.
You're not allowed to move that fast. I call speed johns.

toasty

Smash Hero
omfg my Marth (in Melee) is absolute trash now...as opposed to just garbage like before :laugh:
My Fox on the other hand...gimme a few matches and he'll be more **** than before [though...that doesn't say much >_>].

My new MM proposals for if/when you come down to SoVa next weekend :)
Isra: My Fox vs. your Falco. Cyrain: My Fox Vs. your Marth/CF

Oh and <3 Fox dittos with SpeedYoshi. I could have played that matchup for all of the 3 or 4 hours last night ^_^

SlashTalon

Smash Ace
Hella fun at CNU. I love crew battles so much it hurts my loved ones.

Glad my first trip up there was an awesome one. Schoolie's ROB is definitely a T-1000000 (terminator reference? ok nevermind...)

Hope to see everybody at T-dome after Toasty's

Top Bottom