• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SOVA, ITS 2010! Step ya Melee game up baby! <3

_Kadaj_

Smash Hero
Throw that P***y at me? B***h I think Im Babe Ruth
Btw if anyone is interested/willing to drive to APEX its a national MELEE and Brawl tourny, and is pretty cheap
only 30 bucks for everything

let me no and we can carpool me and famous = automatic $20 to the gas tank already

Mashi ,SK, Pitzr we should all get together and plan for this it'd be extremely cheap for gas if we all went and its a two day event.

I already got housing and everything for us

We can all meet at my house and leave from their

Yo Otis could you please bring some tv's to odu on may 2nd for my tourny :)

O-NO

Smash Journeyman
Vallejo CA! (for lowlifes that dont know) Teh Bea
Tourney went ok, Riku. only 12 people though. like 20 Sova heads went to C3 for SFIV teams. next one will be much better.

Kadaj, idk if ill even be around may 2nd. things are going nuts at my job right now and thats on my list right now. if i happen to be free and there's no SFIV stuff going on, ill hook you up.

P.S.

Even though Slash took like 1/2 a year to bring back my chairs....subscribe to his vids, there pretty good ^.^

http://www.youtube.com/user/animalveststudios

OMG H4X

Smash Journeyman
NNID
rustytotallypwns
yo kadaj count me in for APEX
i got a big van, only 2 real seats though, so well need something for people to sit on. prety sure cocm's gunna come too.

who all else is gunna go?

Cow

Smash Apprentice
Good **** Cow, thanks for coming out to the SFIV tourney. to bad we dident get any matches in V.V
I would've stuck around longer, but i needed to get back and get working on this stupid project. we could get some matches in on live sometime though

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
EVERYONE: I'll probably be imposing the $5 venue fee...for what??? FOOOOOOD!!!! and drinks :) also, it will go towards the TVs Cstick gets IF they don't lag :)

What should I get:
-Chips/Drinks/Pizza [like I did at the CNU tourney, which I think went really well]

-ORRR!!! LASAGNA FROM GUSTO'S?!?!?!?!

if anyone was at my Epic Madness Vol. 3 Tourney back in the day, you'll remember the epic lasagna and salad from Gusto's :)

so what should I get?!?!?

PLEASE give me input!
EVERYONE check out the other thread [click the blue arrow in the quote above :)]

OMG H4X

Smash Journeyman
NNID
rustytotallypwns
sweet! could maybe get some beanbag chairs too.

cocms prolly gunna come, itll be sweet if we roll 7 deep!

toasty

Smash Hero
From the SoVa Melee Revival Tourney Thread:

Ill go if Gmoney aka scrapecity drives me
OMG.

This is getting bigger and bigger duuudes...and tons of setups are pouring in!!! That doesn't mean you should stop trying to bring em though!

We're, more than likely, going to have TWO rooms. But only one of them is confirmed right now.

The one we usually have, at Virginia House, is confirmed so no worries there.

The other one, I'm waiting on a friend to reserve at Ireland House [the building immediately next to Virginia House] and THAT will be where all the food/drinks and FRIENDLIES/MMs will be [tourney matches will be played there when necessary as this is looking to be huge.], meaning those are the first setups that will be moved from tourney play to casuals.

I'm gonna need more dedicated staff members than usual so to those who said you could help, awesome, and I encourage other SoVa kids to step up and help out. It's the only way this can be successful =D

RiKu.757

Smash Apprentice
From the SoVa Melee Revival Tourney Thread:

I'm gonna need more dedicated staff members than usual so to those who said you could help, awesome, and I encourage other SoVa kids to step up and help out. It's the only way this can be successful =D
Toasty, I should be able to bring a full setup. And i'm thinking of upgrading my laptop from Vista to XP, so i may be able to bring a recording setup as well. As far as helping out, u kno i'm down to help.

toasty

Smash Hero
yeah that made me laugh too XD

gooood **** all around!!!

and did you say something about bringing a camera [to interview...THE BEARD?!?!]...that'd be cool.

I should have my laptop back tonight from Rahil [...all reformatted n **** >_>] so that means I'll have a recording setup as well.

MALCO can you bring a recording setup?

IS KF COMING TO THIS?!?! Seriously, $5 and you get food, $5 more and you get to play in tournament with a bunch of amazing Smashers who are traveling from all over the east coast in hopes of a large event.

As usual:
IF SOVA DISAPPOINTS, I'M NEVER HOSTING MELEE EVENTS EVER AGAIN. [ever wonder why I don't take the effort to host Brawl tourneys anymore? I don't make idle threats XD
KADAJ don't gimme a speech, that's just one of the many reasons haha, continue to hold your post man, you know I'll always help you out
:)]

KITSUNE : you said you were bringing Corey to this. Please don't tease me :( You guys better both enter [at least in one of the events! :(] Seriously man, it's like the last hurrah as far as making "the reunion" happen. Bring FTZ too...and if he says "but I'm so bad now" slap the **** out of him because that man never played in the first place and he was still godly XD

I really wanna make this good for SoVa and good for the OOSoVa people who are coming to this!

OTIS do you have work the whole day on the 25th? what's the deal?

KitsuneKing

Smash Journeyman
TOASTY: yeah we talked about it, we're pretty much going. besides, i'd rather tease you with bigger things... so i guess for this next month we'll try to train in some melee haha also, if you've been playin melee all this time... you BETTER NOT lose to people who've switched to 2d fighters :p

brawl is terrible.. HYPE

toasty

Smash Hero
shiiit I guess I better stop fuxing with alt characters and focus on my mains XD sooo only Fox/Marth/Ness for the next few weeks [Boose, don't let me do otherwise!!!.......................unless it's Falcon dittos on YS XD]

<3 I love you Jason Jaring Asian Jason...maaad homo

KitsuneKing

Smash Journeyman
Rule #5 of Internet Forums:

do not reveal anyone's full real name, if so, you must make sure it is the correct name.

It's Balrog Jaring now sir.

Malco!!!

Smash Apprentice
MALCO can you bring a recording setup?

IS KF COMING TO THIS?!?! Seriously, $5 and you get food, $5 more and you get to play in tournament with a bunch of amazing Smashers who are traveling from all over the east coast in hopes of a large event.
I can bring the recording stuff with disc, but my laptop is broken. :[
AND KF kinda broke up haha.
Jeff and I are the only ones still tournament active.
Jird and Batman play alone sometimes.
Oro? just flat out quit. (But still plays casually with his big brother Malco!! :])

Edit: Pizza.

toasty

Smash Hero
Ah I see...

Someone should bring a laptop [preferably non-Vista] that we can install Malco's recording equipment on! =D

Everyone who is recording, I can upload everything to my channel. OR I can give you my youtube password [obviously a temporary one :)] and I'll trust you to not **** with it so we can all be uploading [I'll give all of you a certain format to follow, though, so that all the vids look nice ^_^]

toasty

Smash Hero
So far:

TVs - 11!!! (and a few more, not confirmed yet)

1 - toasty [I have an extra that can be used for friendlies but it's glitchy and thus can't be used for tourney]
3(!!!!!!!!!!) - Tristan
2 - Rhan
2 - Malco
2 - Cstick
1 - The |Egg| Sniper

Cubes/Wiis - 14

3 - toasty (thanks Kits =D)
3 - Tristan
2 - Rhan
1 - Malco
1 - Cstick
1 - OMG H4X
1 - Jwolf
1 - Israfel
1 - The |Egg| Sniper

Melee discs - 12

2 - toasty
3 - Tristan
1 - Rhan
1 - Malco
1 - Cstick
1 - OMG H4X
1 - Jwolf
1 - Israfel
1 - The |Egg| Sniper

Recording Setups - MUTHAFUKKIN FIVE SON!!!

toasty
OMG H4X
Malco
Riku
Rhan

KEEP IT UP PEOPLE!!! WE NEED MORE TVs AND MELEE DISCS!!!

Memory cards are NOT an issue, even if they're more convenient, we can always do without them since we've got extras :)

daaaaaaaaaaaammmmmnnnnn

D0N

Smash Ace
Unless you have someone serving the lasagna lunch lady style, pizza seems easier to manage imo. Otherwise someone will take more than their fair share if its alot of people (seems like it will be). Then again I dont really know how the lasagna comes when you order it. If its simple to serve or someone will serve I vote lasagna, but pizza still seems more convenient.

and something other than soda, like fruit punch or lemonade, would be nice. Not everyone drinks soda.

toasty

Smash Hero
snap, I forgot that the reason why it was okay the last time I did it was because it was the "fest" day of Epic Madness Vol. 3 [3 day affair XD] so I didn't mind serving the food and all of that [50ish people maybe?]

Pizza is winning in votes anyway. Seems like there's just going to be more food that way, in general.

oh crap I forgot, I'd have to actually go pick up the lasagna and stuff..........and that's going to be a LOOOT of lasagna. Instead I could go to Chanello's, which is closer than Gusto's anyway, and it's not hard to transport lots of pizza :) I think we had what...11 or 12 large pizzas last time?

START POSTING TOPPINGS!!! I might order enough so that everyone gets one half of a large XD You can get 1 topping per pizza sooo yeah post **** up.

and good call on the non-soda drinks thing...I'll get some other stuff for sure :)

OMG H4X

Smash Journeyman
NNID
rustytotallypwns
yo toasty im down to help out with what ever you need me for. might be able to bring cocms tv too.

jalapenos! id pay more for some olives too.

JWolf

Smash Cadet
I can bring the recording stuff with disc, but my laptop is broken. :[
AND KF kinda broke up haha.
Jeff and I are the only ones still tournament active.
Jird and Batman play alone sometimes.
Oro? just flat out quit. (But still plays casually with his big brother Malco!! :])

Edit: Pizza.
Oro? said he'd come and pizza.

Orange Drink. Top 5 KF should be there.

But inevitably it will probably only be me and Malco

toasty

Smash Hero
Spod - I might be able to...we'll see...crazy family shiz going on [family business starting up and such] but I definitely want to get some games in :)

Jwolf - acknowledged

oh right I forgot to mention:

PIZZA is what we're having. It just isn't practical to have lasagna for a tourney of this size.

EDIT: CNU - how many setups are you bringing???

I KNOW you guys have a good TV or TWO you can bring...**** you have enough for two FULL setups. I'd really appreciate the help.

oh and I checked back and my boy RHAN is bringing FOUR POWERSTRIPS?! GOOOOD ****! You better label that mess XD

Top Bottom