• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SOVA, ITS 2010! Step ya Melee game up baby! <3

JWolf

Smash Cadet
Good **** to S.T.A.R.S for winning the crews. Just expect the 31st to be hella different. **** will change, i promise.

Tourny was fun, kadaj your really good. teach me? haha

Fun Times. Today was a good day and is getting me back into training.

Also figured out im done with brawl singles, i will only play doooubleees now haha...

Me and Mashi WILL be taking the next SOVA teams tourny.... If we team <3

EDIT: DragonCharlz is officially on my doo doo doo list

rhan

Smash Hero
Same to you JWolf and KF. It's was mad mad fun having you all out here again. ^_^

Sorry if I seemed like a jackhole during the crews. I felt bad afterwards. I hope I didn't hurt any friendships. :(

Also: When cleaning up we found a pair of headphones. They're little black ear buds. They aren't any of ours. Just thought I should tell ya'll. When we come to the 31st tourney we can give them back there.

MaSHi

Smash Journeyman
scott: wasn't there to support me. =/
o-no: is there something going on or just for you two? haha. =P
jwolf: cause SS going to take that shiiiii sonnnnnnn. train hard guys. i am. ^-^ for 31st.
stars: good **** though. i heard about it haha. heard it was close.

OMG H4X

Smash Journeyman
NNID
rustytotallypwns
i had a good time! stoaked to play some more in the future!

and i swear kadaj's marth can wavedash

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
who almost beat me with sheik? was his name kadaj? or was it someone else?

and hell yeah the 31st is going to be different...don't expect me to dash attack an invuln opponent into tipper...better bring your A game son!

revenge is to be had! oh, and sorry if i offended the peach player by going bowser one friendly..i play a lot of char, and i knew i wasn't going to play any main before the crew battle. my bowser is better than quite a few of my other char...it's just i have trouble with campy marths, foxes, and now peach players it seems....Dsmash shuts down 90% of bowser.

Oh and if you camped turnips better you probably could hae 3 stocked my bowser instead of barely winning. Focus on using turnips into float approaches more. The low tier have trouble with that.

ether, how does sheik get in on marth when he camps his air game right in your face? it seems that is the hardest thing for sheik to deal with but i've been practicing sheik vs marth since that match..and on yoshi's you can't really camp needles to force the marth to aproach.

i also want vids; theo and I train together, and i don't remember his matches for some reason.

Malco!!!

Smash Apprentice
who almost beat me with sheik? was his name kadaj? or was it someone else?

and hell yeah the 31st is going to be different...don't expect me to dash attack an invuln opponent into tipper...better bring your A game son!

revenge is to be had! oh, and sorry if i offended the peach player by going bowser one friendly..i play a lot of char, and i knew i wasn't going to play any main before the crew battle. my bowser is better than quite a few of my other char...it's just i have trouble with campy marths, foxes, and now peach players it seems....Dsmash shuts down 90% of bowser.

Oh and if you camped turnips better you probably could hae 3 stocked my bowser instead of barely winning. Focus on using turnips into float approaches more. The low tier have trouble with that.

ether, how does sheik get in on marth when he camps his air game right in your face? it seems that is the hardest thing for sheik to deal with but i've been practicing sheik vs marth since that match..and on yoshi's you can't really camp needles to force the marth to aproach.

i also want vids; theo and I train together, and i don't remember his matches for some reason.
Naw his name is Oro?

JWolf

Smash Cadet
Same to you JWolf and KF. It's was mad mad fun having you all out here again. ^_^

Sorry if I seemed like a jackhole during the crews. I felt bad afterwards. I hope I didn't hurt any friendships. :(

Also: When cleaning up we found a pair of headphones. They're little black ear buds. They aren't any of ours. Just thought I should tell ya'll. When we come to the 31st tourney we can give them back there.
They are mine.... Just bring em the 31st please

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
I think imma get back in to melee and show up for the 31st tourney. Maybe enter.

-SK

KitsuneKing

Smash Journeyman
Otis- down for games this weekend? I need some more HDR dee jay/ chun matches. i can bring tvc and maybe 2 sticks. may even bring my gc controller for some melee. I'll see if keven and corey want to come too.

SpeedYoshi

Smash Journeyman
not ether but
try wavedashing out of shield -> jab/grab
or trade hits with a fair of his with one of your moves since all your moves send him up and will then put him in a disadvantaged position

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
yeah, i found trading hits worked well today when i was testing...ftilt will trade, and it's worth the damage you take.

WDing out of shield is ok, but if they are spaced well they should dtilt on your shield afterwards, unlike in marth dittos, sheik does not fall fast enough to get in with an aerial afterwards if the spacing is good

MaSHi

Smash Journeyman
watch kdj and pretty much copy whatever he does. patient on stage and aggressive off. amazing sheik. use d-tilts for setups. in the air trading hits seems to be best i agree. try to not be in the air haha. stay grounded. cc a lot against marth. i wanna play your sheik now haha. =P

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
I was just about to :) :) :)

Thanks everyone who came to the tourney and also separate thanks to those who brought setups...it made the tourney run reallly smoothly. Once again, tons of time for friendlies and uhh...rushed draft crews hah

David would like to host again. Please let me know the interest. FEEDBACK would be lovely! Likes, dislikes, suggestions, etc!

MaSHi

Smash Journeyman
place was beast. only thing is. we need more foods/drinks. haha. at least 2 bags chips. basically wave venue if we bring our own chip or 6pack. ^-^

toasty

Smash Hero
Kadaj and Famous watched non-stop ever since you brought it upstairs. Eventually, SlashTalon came over and Kadaj played some Brawl with him while watching and they just...watched all the way til the very end. At the same time: Caboose and I just played Meleeeee ^_^ But mannnn Boooossssss too good!!!

Ally is great!

It was cool to watch those though! I'm going to set up a channel myself to see how to stream vids live for the next big tourney that I'm involved in :)

Cdot757

Smash Rookie
yo jason. when do you play tvc? hit me up.
mashi im down for some tvc casuals, i have to master that game in a month my friends are counting on me :confused:, just hit me up im pretty much always available but we all get together and play hd and tvc around 8 or 9ish on the weekdays.

Otis i can play melee today as a sub for ether if he doesnt come, thats if you want me too :)

KitsuneKing

Smash Journeyman
mashi im down for some tvc casuals, i have to master that game in a month my friends are counting on me :confused:, just hit me up im pretty much always available but we all get together and play hd and tvc around 8 or 9ish on the weekdays.

Otis i can play melee today as a sub for ether if he doesnt come, thats if you want me too :)
if you dont place at Sinsation, we are going to kill you.

Cdot757

Smash Rookie
if you dont place at Sinsation, we are going to kill you.
yo morrigan and ken is truth right now. Im learning how to effectively jump cancel morrigans dash for some of the fastest over heads ever known to man and ken is just too awesome to sum up in one post

otis just hit me up and said he wants in on the sova leveling up sessions, were going to play some melee then if we are playing hd tonight i was bring him thru

KitsuneKing

Smash Journeyman
haha i can play if it's late night... but i will see.

oh yeah and thanks for jacking my god team. we are fighting game twins... cept you're better. haha
good **** otis on lvling up in other things :D our HD sessions are too niiiiiiccccceeeee.

i need to harness the balrog hands b/c my asian hands aren't big enough to handle Boxer.

toasty

Smash Hero
I was gonna come through and play Melee today at Otis's...but I've had a loooong overdue project with Slash and others that I've constantly put aside by being busy with Smash and such...................but gooooddaammmmmn Cdot's going? sheeeit >_> wait a minute...how long are you in town for?!?! You must unlock the **** in me...maybe it's the carpal tunnel but I just can't play Melee the way I used to ;___;

also, Boose: I already saw those last night after I dropped you off, too good!!!

DragonCharlz. Shame on you. Seriously.

royboy850

Smash Apprentice
k fools i just reserved two dates and now im waiting for the confirmation emails. ill post when they get confirmed

a friend victor wants to host a melee tourny also on the 24th. entry will def be cheap so no worries

24th: 11AM-10AM
31st: 10AM-10AM

both are at the same ODU common room we've been using. bring setups

TWO MELEE TOURNIES IN A ROW SON. DONT SQUANDER

both dates are awaiting confirmation, ill post when i get the emails

rhan

Smash Hero
There could potentially be TWO TOURNEYS???????? GAWD DAMNZ!

Also: I got a setup for the 31st as long as KP has room in his trunk?

Also also: 10am - 10am? Wha...? I hope you mean PM. It that is the case the times look great. :)

whodat

Smash Apprentice
Toasty it's all good if whenever you're near to hit me up for some friendlies. I'm always down.

Top Bottom