• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SOVA, ITS 2010! Step ya Melee game up baby! <3

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
where? at toastys? where's that at?
I won't even dignify this with a response.
<3
I need to sandbag someone in brawl

Toasty?
fix'd
Brawl is a tough game
this...
yea it has a weird learning curve
again...this...
Im picking up DDR/ITG again....
OTIS. LOOKIT KADAJ'S POST. It's what I was trying to tell you last night. You're also taking out your frustrations on Smash and honestly? You sound like every single scrub you've made fun of or put down in the past. I say that because I love you. Seriously.

Also, it's not a good habit to make such declarative statements in a "guilty until proven innocent" fashion...and if that's just how you joke, then I wasn't used to it XD I'm just saying man...I miss the Otis that ran this scene :(

whodat

Smash Apprentice
Yo kadaj hit me up if you wanna game. Maybe I can get DragonCharlz to come with me. He has been wanting to play you outside of tournament, but there is one catch. NO SANDBAGGING

MaSHi

Smash Journeyman
haha. ether....we really never played any games together. man we always forget to. also toasty....i forgot our money matches too. wtf was i doing? haha. i mean i play brawl because everyone else is doing it. it is pretty weird. i still don't know how to play the game. i'm just using the same techniques from melee such as camping and reading people. there's nothing to it that i've really applied. i'm playing this game as it was in melee. i don't know how to play "brawl" for its game yet. i'll figure it out though.

jason: weird. it always works for me. >-<. ask others to try as well.

toasty: read pm plx. =P

StarYoshi14

Smash Rookie
Crap, just remembered that I have stuff to do Saturday morning. What is the latest I can show up to get in the tourney?

KitsuneKing

Smash Journeyman
it's getting modded.. i'm getting different art/ball top/buttons put on. i should be getting it sometime this weekend.

but yes, anyone who plays anything other than smash should def. attend.

rhan

Smash Hero
Thanks KitsuneKing for the link.

I've been trying to get into Tekken, SC, and SF but I haven't really gotten the chance to learn up on the games. Maybe people there might show me a few things about each game. :)

MaSHi

Smash Journeyman
haha. jason is yours gonna have cammy on it? like that one beast one on youtube haha.

toasty

Smash Hero
Crap, just remembered that I have stuff to do Saturday morning. What is the latest I can show up to get in the tourney?
If you're not playing teams, you can show up around 2 or 3. I'll hold off your singles matches for you if you know you can attend around those times. Or hell, would people be cool with me starting singles an hour after teams end? That way people can get food etc etc. If you play friendlies at this time and THEN go to get food and you're not back by the time that I've announced for the start of singles, you'll be in the losers bracket. So. Use your time wisely.
Back to StarYoshi:
If that's the case, you can show up at 4 at the latest.
Do you have my number?

If you plan on playing teams, the latest you can show up is 11:30 but ONLY if you and your teammate let me know ahead of time that you absolutely WILL be playing teams.

@ Khalil: awww not hard ****? :( :(

Malco: stop losing expensive ****.

MaSHi

Smash Journeyman
malco wasn't the ds at jojo's house? i remember i saw it on the couch. well beside it.

toasty did you ever post blackg's apt number?

hopefully good decent turnout again. like hiscore wasn't that bad.

Malco!!!

Smash Apprentice
malco wasn't the ds at jojo's house? i remember i saw it on the couch. well beside it.

toasty did you ever post blackg's apt number?

hopefully good decent turnout again. like hiscore wasn't that bad.
Ive already found it.

toasty

Smash Hero
oh **** no I never did get the official apartment number >_> sorry!!! I've been pretty lax about the setup with this because of the short notice nature...feels mad casual XD but seriously follow those directions and you will have NO problems at all...I'll repost everything at the bottom of this post

some of the newer kids should be showing up to this!!! it'll be a good time :)

gah that reminds me...I need to make a thread about the 31st...........hmmmmmm

gah...I'm kinda lazy right now XD

also, there's no guarantee that we can book the room yet. I'll know next week for sure.

Reminder of all the info for this weekend's tourney:
This Saturday, January 10th:
BlackG's apartment...I'll get the address in a bit. [SEE MY NEXT POST!]
Brawl Singles and Brawl Teams...NO MELEE
$3 venue [snacks/drinks will probably be provided]
$5 per person for teams
$5 for singles
DOORS OPEN AT 10 AM!!!!
TOURNEY AT 11 AM!!!!

If you are going to be late [and you KNOW when you're going to be late...don't wait til 11 to call me.] let me know so I can at least put you in the bracket.

So...Newport News, I'm lookin at you: get your a.sses out of NN EARLY. Aim to be there at 10 and you'll be there by 11:15 XD [hope you guys can make it on such crazy short notice >_>]

DIRECTIONS TO BLACKG'S PLACE!!!

I don't know the EXACT apt. number he has but I can give you directions.
Look up the best way for you to get here:

Arvida Ct
Virginia Beach, VA 23462

[just type it into Google Maps and you should still be able to get directions]
BUT!!!!
Whatever the directions say about being on Baker Road...stay on Baker Rd. until the directions tell you to turn, but you'll have to park ON Baker Rd. otherwise you're effed.

The cyan shows where you can park on Baker Road [those buildings next to it are all identical looking apt. complexes
The yellow shows where to WALK [yes, through a building, you'll see.]
The red shows where BlackG's apt is.....UP STAIRS, second door on the right!

Gum

Smash Journeyman
oh really? what's your stick gonna be like?
Seimitsu buttons in black, with a black Sanwa square-gate stick and an internal converter connected to a dip switch so I can go between 360 and PS3. Got my own custom artwork up there to. It's gonna be sick, when it finally decides to get here of course.

Top Bottom