• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SOVA, ITS 2010! Step ya Melee game up baby! <3

Gum

Smash Journeyman
You can push block in TvC by pressing A+B+C (SRK's terms for Light, Medium and Heavy respectively) to do the same thing what it did in MvC2, although you can use it on blocking ANYTHING and take no block damage.

The reason why Ryu's Shinkuu Hadouken pretty much connects to anything is because it has VERY LITTLE startup, some people have already compared it to how fast Cable's AHVB was.

Oh yeah, we may be getting another Wii stick soon, so we might have two for the tournament, not sure yet.
Awesome. also I think they did well with adding variation to the combo system with baroque canceling and stuff, so its still cool even though they simplified things.

CStick

Smash Lord
I mean really though Cstick, its the natural order of things. I mean even I quit Brawl, but I'm never going to go back to melee because its outdated and not worth putting more time into.
true, true.

I mean, the fact that it lasted seven years and peaked at about 80,000 actual active players throughout the world is saying alot. I guess what hurts so much is how quickly it went away. GS4 comes out, and it was the sickest, most epic tourney in awhile. Then, just three months later, brawl comes out, and melee quite literally ceased to exist.

But yea, no game can last forever. Maybe in a few years a better SSBM (or SSBM-esque alternative) will come up.

Maybe i'll start playing brawl. But, I'm gonna be a **** though. SoVA plank, here I go!!!!!

Gum

Smash Journeyman
true, true.

I mean, the fact that it lasted seven years and peaked at about 80,000 actual active players throughout the world is saying alot. I guess what hurts so much is how quickly it went away. GS4 comes out, and it was the sickest, most epic tourney in awhile. Then, just three months later, brawl comes out, and melee quite literally ceased to exist.

But yea, no game can last forever. Maybe in a few years a better SSBM (or SSBM-esque alternative) will come up.

Maybe i'll start playing brawl. But, I'm gonna be a **** though. SoVA plank, here I go!!!!!
SoVa Plank lolz. For real though, you should play some SF with peeps. Its too good. Anyone down for some HD Remix??

D0N

Smash Ace
Chun-li has a corner infinate already lol. well, atleast in this game there that thing that lets you brake out of combos for 2 special meters.

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
toasty your done next time ......
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL too bad VA's best ROB AND Marth live in SoVa XD I honestly didn't think I'd do that well against you, but I should have known better <3<3<3

also...next time: I'll never listen to you when you say "I suck now..." when I'm looking for a teammate >_>

I really wanna come through and smash with the Originals again...too good...learned a lot just from the lil bit I played at Candy/Jose's place :)
You're late. Everyone knew about Genesis like last week. Maybe you would have known if you was on smashboards more then allisbrawl. :/
ewwwwwww ptzr wtf

So...yeah, tourney will be awesome this weekend.

Slash won't be there anymore, but Serpent will be!!!

D0N

Smash Ace
Mashi: well i didnt see or figure out any other 0-deaths yet but comboing is too easy so i dont doubt that they exist.

Also, Slash isnt coming anymore? awww....

Senko Zero

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4940-5527-1789
There are some infinites and death combos found, but infinites are far and few between (only ones for Rockman, Chun-Li, Karas, and Batsu have been found so far to my knowledge) and death combos require large amounts of red health for Baroque cancels to get the full damage needed.

What D0N was talking about is the Mega Crush, which is basically like the Burst from Guilty Gear, but it takes two bars of meter along with a little bit of life to activate. Even so that alone says that the infinites and death combos CAN be escaped from, even if at a cost.

Played some more tonight....and if we learned one thing.....DO NOT LET ALEX GET ANYWHERE NEAR ROLL.

Power Bomb, then jumping C (the dropping cross chop) to Hyper Bomb equals 95% life on her and would probably kill Karas.

rhan

Smash Hero
If I can't make it to this upcoming tourney I would like to at least play something. My dad lives close to Kellem High. Anyone near there wanna play *CO-NOugh* I'll be glad to play whatever. I'm trying to pick up SF but I'm so horrible at the game and I would like someone to teach me. Crystalnite has been helping me in a few things but not much into detail yet.
Tee hee. Imma stay in VA Beach until Monday.

Happy Holidays everyone. :3

MaSHi

Smash Journeyman
tvc is okay lol. still warming up to it. it's all timing this game really. button input. once you get that down. random combos ftw.

Gum

Smash Journeyman
No one is getting wii's. not unless you are a 40-year-old mom who absolutely MUST show up at Gamestop at the crack of dawn before the manager even gets there OR you **** and pillage the UPS guy.

Famous

Smash Champion
Merry Xmas everyone...Man, I didn't get nothing for christmas...Oh well, at least I'm Famous. I'll just go out and buy something

ttocs

Smash Rookie
happy holidays everyone

pumped for the tourney on saturday

any chance to play brawl is exciting :]

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
Please let me know if I'm forgetting anything...

HI SCORE GAMING PRESENTS: TOASTY MOTHER****ING TOAST PRESENTS: An evening of Brawl Singles ^_~!!! Saturday December 27th + TvC side tourney [run on only one setup though, unless we have more than that...just a heads up, since it's only a side tourney. Rules will be presented AT the tourney but the guys running it are experienced dudes who don't have scrubby *** rules so no worries!]

Arrive at 4PM.
Tourney at 5PM.
Prices are subject to change according to input from potential attendees [YOU].
$15 for venue and tourney combined [$7.50 each...best I could do to reduce venue for you guys].

1200 N. BATTLEFIELD DR. CHESAPEAKE, VA 23320
^ in a shopping center to the left of a futuristic-a.ss looking Sonic restaurant
757-410-9494
www.hiscoregaming.com

Bring.
Wiis.

I can't stress this enough.
There should be at least 6 TVs and I believe there will be more space there than before [they rearranged some stuff and got rid of some rooms]

Anyone else who brings a TV...omfg I love you. I really do. Please. My love is pretty ****ing amazing. You really want this ****.

We only have a short amount of time to run this event as there is a lock-in that night.
The more setups we have, the faster this will run.

If there is not enough interest in this event, it WILL be canceled.

RULES:

(If you need these explained to you, please find me at the tournament or anyone I deem as a Tourney Organizer for assistance)
Prize Payout is 60/30/10 with the only possible change being that 4th place gets his entry fee returned [or part of it? haha, laaaame...but that's the best I'll do unless a lot of people show up]

3 Stock
8 Minute Rounds
Double Elimination Bracket [maybe pools???]
Best 2 out of 3 except Winners/Losers/Grand Finals which are best 3/5
NO ITEMS [not even Smashballs]

Bring Your Own Controller
No button modifications allowed
No "turbo" buttons may be used either
YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR MAKING SURE THE CONTROLS FOR YOUR TAG ARE WHAT YOU WANTED THEM TO BE. Please take the time to make sure of that before the tournament/match starts. If you didn't take the opportunity you had to do that and realize the error mid-match, too bad: you have to play out the match.

No Unnecessary Pausing
No Coaching
Standing DDD infinites [and variations thereof, like chaingrabs at an edge] are BANNED. I can't remember if I banned walk-off chaingrabs or not...someone help me make that call plz?
ICs infinites are LEGAL
No Stalling [subject to my judgment or that of another TO]

Again, please see me or another TO for further explanation if you don't/understand any of these rules. We'd be happy to clarify things for you so that no one has any bull**** happen to them at the tournament.

STAGES
NEUTRAL STAGES (set to Random):
-Final Destination
-Battlefield
-Smashville

COUNTERPICK STAGES:
-Yoshi's Island (DS Version) <---NOTE: no longer a neutral. Lemme try this out.
-Lylat Cruise
-Halberd
-Frigate Orpheon
-Pokestadium 1
-Brinstar
-Delfino Plaza
-Castle Seige
-Rainbow Cruise
-Jungle Japes

Top Bottom