• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SOVA, ITS 2010! Step ya Melee game up baby! <3

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
WHO IS TRYING TO GO TO NC FOR MELEE THIS WEEKEND???
I need to know answers to all of the following:

-can you drive there?
-if so, how many can you take with you?
-if not, do you have a ride?
-how long can you be down there for?

Here's the thread for the tournament so PLEASE take some responsibility for this and don't ask me any details about it that can be answered in this thread:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=211146

Here's the deal:
I'm TRYING to drive to Richmond friday night.
I have a couple people who are going to get back to me about needing me for a ride.
I don't know how long I'm staying though I'm fully able to come back on monday.
I may be able to stay with PLUR but that's no guarantee esp since I don't want to exploit his offer to me by saying "oh wait I have 4 more people too"

So basically, I will only be able to give rides to those who absolutely need them and not those who just don't feel like driving if they're able to.

CSTICK WHERE YOU AT?!?
OTIS?!?
ETHER??????? <---lolll why bother asking :( :( :(

rhan

Smash Hero
I wanna come. But I'm gonna need to be back Sunday....Like maybe around 8pm or 9pm? I don't know about times yet...

If you're planning to stay until Monday, I don't wanna hold anyone back. If so don't change anything cause of some kid. I'm not important and I don't wanna eff up anyone's good time.

toasty

Smash Hero
if you're saying you're going to Magfest, I know the guy running the Smash tourneys so they won't be ******** at all :) the only chance for change is the number of matches and such if he's given heavy time constraints. but he usually runs things the way it should be run, stages and all :) unless MD/VA has weird shltty counterpick stages >_>

O-NO

Smash Journeyman
Vallejo CA! (for lowlifes that dont know) Teh Bea
i love how we get random invites to tourneys. ^.^

Im proud to say i started this thread.

Mag thread:

ATTENDEES:

Toasty<----- WTF?
O-NO<------- Double WTF!?!?
TheTantalus
VanillaWaffle
Lobos
Kornn
EE
Warchamp7
Hidden MachineS
SypherPhoenix
theSage

how do we randomly get thrown into these things? Today was my FIRST TIME looking at this thread! thats on the FIRST PAGE!

i need to live up to my reputation.

AlcyoNite

Smash Champion
If I were to buy mvc2 and a console stick, for what system should I buy and where should I get them from?

Also, I have a dc and a copy for dc (I would have to find the copy, but I know where the dc is), but there is something wrong with my dc: it doesnt power up. the light glows at a dim fade and never powers up enough to turn all the way on. is this a common problem that can be fixed? if so, then i would just buy an arcade stick for dc and practice that way.

toasty

Smash Hero
haha Otis I WAS intending to go until I realized that:
I'd have to travel 3 hours
I'd have to pay 45 dollars for the event
I'd have to find a place to stay for the weekend
I'd be missing a Melee event in NC that I could actually attend!

and sorry Clowsui..I'd like to...but yeah :(
thanks though!

Senko Zero

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4940-5527-1789
If I were to buy mvc2 and a console stick, for what system should I buy and where should I get them from?

Also, I have a dc and a copy for dc (I would have to find the copy, but I know where the dc is), but there is something wrong with my dc: it doesnt power up. the light glows at a dim fade and never powers up enough to turn all the way on. is this a common problem that can be fixed? if so, then i would just buy an arcade stick for dc and practice that way.
The dreamcast version is pretty much arcade perfect translation, but...it's as it's obvious it's rarer. On the other hand, the ps2 version is more plentiful ( I know at least two Game Stops in the Newport News area have a used copy) along with arcade sticks being easier to find. However, some glitches from the arcade version were fixed in this version (although nothing you'd have to worry about in actual play) and there is a weird issue with the sound at times.

If it's just for practice, I'd say go for the PS2 version honestly.

As for the DC problem...sorry, can't help you there.

rhan

Smash Hero
I wanna come. But I'm gonna need to be back Sunday....Like maybe around 8pm or 9pm? I don't know about times yet...

If you're planning to stay until Monday, I don't wanna hold anyone back. If so don't change anything cause of some kid. I'm not important and I don't wanna eff up anyone's good time.
*Whistles and slowly walks away* :D

Also anyone in the VA beach area wanna play? I'm allowed out til 10.

royboy850

Smash Apprentice
lmao at MAGfest attendees list

clowsui has Starlock as his avatar. i say we go guyth

also, thankfully i have TWO more weeks of vacation so ill be back....the 11th? sunday before my classes start

and ye ill get on reserving the common room again soon as i get back :D

rhan

Smash Hero
Wanna pick me up? I would love to get out this house. :D

Edit: I might be able to get a friend to drive me to you're place.

rhan

Smash Hero
I can whenever. I just need to call my friend and see if he'll drive meh.

And no he doesn't play. I tried teaching him but it didn't turn out so good. He's more of a first person shooter.

Malco!!!

Smash Apprentice
ok well my number is 3487378 which you alreayd know now that i typed it but i am tpp lazy to backspace. hha nvm you just texted me but once again im to lazy to to backspace

toasty

Smash Hero
also, thankfully i have TWO more weeks of vacation so ill be back....the 11th? sunday before my classes start

and ye ill get on reserving the common room again soon as i get back :D
good **** but....no go on January 10th then? That's fine...I'll talk to BlackG and see what's going on...

Would people rather go to Chu's Birthday Biweekly or would they rather me throw a tourney on January 17th????????????

Melee and Brawl apparently at Chu's.

Rhan, P-cat: word. I'll see what I can do for you guys =D

WHO ELSE FOR NC MELEE TOURNEY THIS WEEKEND?!?!?!

dobee

Smash Apprentice
Hmm, my money's gonna be on hold for awhile, I just bought a $2500 macbook -_-. So yeah and since im still trying to go to cali, i wont be going many tourneys out of state until i get my money right.

toasty

Smash Hero
welllllll unless there's like massive OOS Melee guys going to Chu's for his bday, then I won't be going and I'll be hosting a small tourney on the 17th if that's cool with Booooose ^_^

That'll be like...the last time I go OOSoVa until Cali and I'd be down for hosting bi or triweeklies at ODU if that's cool with Boose...they'll be like $5 tourneys?

What do people think?

dobee

Smash Apprentice
Im down.
And i just google mapped the drive from here to cali... 1 day, 20 hours
Theres one stretch thats 1232 miles... but thats not until step 24. lol

Gum

Smash Journeyman
Im down.
And i just google mapped the drive from here to cali... 1 day, 20 hours
Theres one stretch thats 1232 miles... but thats not until step 24. lol
im thinking airways...yeah no real reason to drive unless you just like being bored for extended periods of time.

Ether

Smash Ace
I'd love to go to NC this weekend.

But I always have to work Saturdays. =\

But I've got good news. I finally got the new apartment I've been talking about for half a year. It's really nice, and really safe (there's a gate and you need my passcode to get in). It's so beautiful; shrubbery, pool, gym, lounge room (tournies???) tennis court all on the same property, no extra charge.

And in the time I've taken away from smash, I've gotten pretty good at guitar. I've got a slick black Ibanez and a relatively cheap amp.

And because I haven't been playing smash, I've had the chance to hang out with some old friends and play rockband. And as a Christmas present, he's giving me a new computer (wtf???!), so I'll be online again.

It's...almost as if life is better when you don't play smash... =O

But I'm willing to play on New Years if anyone else is.

Toasty - sorry about not returning calls. Lisa didn't have her phone with her both times, and I was too lazy to call back =_=

Top Bottom