• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SOVA, ITS 2010! Step ya Melee game up baby! <3

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
CSTICK I tried calling but no luck...
here is the info you need :)

dobee...as far as I know this is your car [LOL @ me dictating it]
MaSHi
D0N
*opening*
*opening*

You guys are staying with Hova because he's the ****ing man...he lives about 30ish minutes from Chu's. That's the best I could do for y'all :)

So obviously, CStick...if you're cool with staying overnight, then dobee's your best bet.
If not, you can follow us. You can either meet at my place [ugh I'm leaving at like...6:30 >_> BUT IT'S FOR MELEEEE so <3<3<3] or meet us at Kadaj's.

Kadaj: I really hope The Fear is at your place when I get there. Granted he doesn't live far but just for convenience's sake, it'd be good to have everyone at the same place so we can space (lol) appropriately in trunk

I plan on arriving at Kadaj's around 7 AM. I don't plan to stay long so basically everyone needs to be there and ready at 7 AM. Bring blankets or whatever you need to sleep.

Boose:
BREAKFAST OF CHAMPIONS NlGGAAAAAAAA...

SOVA.

TOURNEY ANNOUNCEMENT:
HI SCORE GAMING PRESENTS: TOASTY MOTHER****ING TOAST PRESENTS: An evening of Brawl Singles ^_~!!! Saturday December 27th

Arrive at 4PM.
Tourney at 5PM.
Prices are subject to change according to input from potential attendees [YOU].
$15 for venue and tourney combined [$7.50 each...best I could do to reduce venue for you guys]...if you guys wanna up the ante a bit, I'll make it $20 for venue/entry combined.

Bring.
Wiis.

I can't stress this enough.
There should be at least 6 TVs and I believe there will be more space there than before [they rearranged some stuff and got rid of some rooms]

Anyone else who brings a TV...omfg I love you. I really do. Please. My love is pretty ****ing amazing. You really want this ****.

We only have a short amount of time to run this event as there is a lock-in that night.
The more setups we have, the faster this will run.

SLASHTHATNlGGATALON WILL BE THERE SONNNNN ...there's a comma or two somewhere convenient in there.

If there is not enough interest in this event, it WILL be canceled.

D0N

Smash Ace
Ill go to that with my wii.

dobee: ill meet you at kadaj's house just to make everything easy.

Gum

Smash Journeyman
LAWLER SKATES RIDE THEM!!! G-reg forgot my name. Sad face. I'll be at the 27th tourney for shoooo'. Bring that Samus heat once again, maybe just for funnsies. For real though I been on that Street Fighter 4 and it's too good. See ya'll at the tourney.

@O-No- I expect many nights of SF4 when it drops officially son. I'm coming for that a$$ nuckaaa. This aint 3rd nuckaaa! nah but for real me, you, erin, and whoever else. Oh yeah and I play on stick now, wewt!

D0N

Smash Ace
oohh, dam. ah well. I probly woulda spent too much time playing that and came in last at the tourny if it was there anyway...

MaSHi

Smash Journeyman
i will give all my details tomorrow. c-stick were you planning on going sat and coming back sat?

ttocs

Smash Rookie
oh btw toasty my phone was lost

but yeah, between gas fee/tourney fees/food fees when i get there, i think i'm gonna squander.

but yesssssssssssssss @ hi score tourney.

Senko Zero

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4940-5527-1789
D@mn I wish people would announce these with a little more notice. It's a ***** requesting time off as I need a week advance in order to get the day off. I may be able to now, and I do want to go as I had to leave early last time, but I don't know.

Also, with all the SF4 talk, it's come to my attention that GameStop will be running a Street Fighter 4 Tournament next month in the Newport News/Hampton area. The game WILL be Street Fighter 4 as they have two 360s with the game downloaded onto their HDDs for at least two weeks now.

The grand prize for the event will be a Limited Edition copy of Street Fighter 4 ( I believe you have the choice of picking what system you want it for: 360, PS3 or possibly PC, not sure yet.) and second place will be a $50 card for whatever you want at GameStop. Nothing for 3rd or below.

The way the tournament will be run is that each Saturday two of the eight stores in the area will be holding a tournament. It will be held in the afternoon time, I remember hearing about 2-3. All you have to do is win at that store, then the eight winners from each one will compete in the final tournament which has a seperate date on I believe February 7th.

Registration however will be on-line this time, so once I get more information and dates I'll get back to you all. Just a heads up right now though.

toasty

Smash Hero
please post in the thread I had a link for. not saying I'm expecting posts already since i just made the thread last night, but it looks pretty bad when there are zero posts for a tourney thread >_>

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=211462

Sen I've only read the first line of your post but basically the opportunity fell into my lap LAST NIGHT and people wanted a tourney so bam I offered one. Sorry for the short notice everyone :(

Gum

Smash Journeyman
D@mn I wish people would announce these with a little more notice. It's a ***** requesting time off as I need a week advance in order to get the day off. I may be able to now, and I do want to go as I had to leave early last time, but I don't know.

Also, with all the SF4 talk, it's come to my attention that GameStop will be running a Street Fighter 4 Tournament next month in the Newport News/Hampton area. The game WILL be Street Fighter 4 as they have two 360s with the game downloaded onto their HDDs for at least two weeks now.

The grand prize for the event will be a Limited Edition copy of Street Fighter 4 ( I believe you have the choice of picking what system you want it for: 360, PS3 or possibly PC, not sure yet.) and second place will be a $50 card for whatever you want at GameStop. Nothing for 3rd or below.

The way the tournament will be run is that each Saturday two of the eight stores in the area will be holding a tournament. It will be held in the afternoon time, I remember hearing about 2-3. All you have to do is win at that store, then the eight winners from each one will compete in the final tournament which has a seperate date on I believe February 7th.

Registration however will be on-line this time, so once I get more information and dates I'll get back to you all. Just a heads up right now though.

YES INDEED I WIL BE THERE! Thats wierd though. I work a freakin gamestop and I havn't heard anything about this before now. How did they get the full console port on two 360's more thn a month in advance?

Senko Zero

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4940-5527-1789
Well I've heard it's only downloaded to the HDD, as I said. The general manager of the area has one on his 360 along with somebody else's. And as I said, only eight out of eleven stores in the Newport News/Hampton area are doing it.

How do I know about this? My mother just so happens to be manager to one of the GameStops in the area. I'm bound to get more information from her by tomorrow, they apparently have fliers for the event and whatnot.

I did find out the dates however: 3, 10, 17, and the 24th. Also, all of them start at FOUR, not two-three like I thought. I have also the e-mail address that you have to send to, but once I get more information on store locations I'll get back to you.

toasty

Smash Hero
Sorry Otis...I'll talk to Hi Score and see what time their lock-in is. If it's 10PM, then the tourney time stays as is. If it's midnight, I will change the actual start time of the tournament to accommodate everyone. It'll also leave more time for friendlies and such ^_^

Note: I'm ONLY doing this, Otis, if you actually intend to enter the tournament were it to be delayed :) I don't think anyone would mind if the tourney started at 6 instead of 5. Obviously I know you won't be there right AT 6.

Also obvious: you might tell me you won't want to enter since you'll have no time for warming up. I understand, but that's the best option I've got if you REALLY want to enter the tournament. So. Tell me either "good **** toasty" or "nah man I think I'll just play friendlies or whatever". In which case: tourney will begin as scheduled regardless of when the HSG lock-in starts.

rhan

Smash Hero
I might possibly attend this upcoming tourney.

I'm kinda in the mood to play some Brawl. I just hope I'll be feeling better by next Saturday. :)

rhan

Smash Hero
Man...that would be nice to go to right before school starts up...But I'm afraid I have no ride.

And I'm not putting my trust into Pitzer again. :(

Senko Zero

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4940-5527-1789
Alright, it seems theirs a very good chance I had a misunderstanding and the game will be HD Remix instead. I had just heard that the game was downloaded on the HDD, and after hearing about that console demo they had in Europe a few weeks back I wouldn't put it past Capcom to release some promotional sets, but turns out I could very well be wrong.

In any case, if anyone is still interested in entering, register your email address at:

desmondmiller@gamestop.com

to get more information about the tournament. Why the hell they just don't have it on the flier I don't know.

Gum

Smash Journeyman
Alright, it seems theirs a very good chance I had a misunderstanding and the game will be HD Remix instead. I had just heard that the game was downloaded on the HDD, and after hearing about that console demo they had in Europe a few weeks back I wouldn't put it past Capcom to release some promotional sets, but turns out I could very well be wrong.

In any case, if anyone is still interested in entering, register your email address at:

desmondmiller@gamestop.com

to get more information about the tournament. Why the hell they just don't have it on the flier I don't know.
Oh ok, that makes more sense. I figured you were polly talking about HD Remix. Im still down to enter.

@O-no: Do you use a curved-close or curved-wide arcade stick?

Senko Zero

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4940-5527-1789
Also...just a heads up for this upcoming tournament....anyone have a spare modded Wii? I got a copy of TvC on hand in case anyone wants to try it out.

My own Wii is not modded yet as the CD/DVD driver is ****ing up randomly and is still under warranty so I don't want to void it and my other Wii has a broken fan so it overheats badly in like an hour of play.

So...yeah...anyone want to try out this new half Japanese "who the f@ck is that?!", half Capcom cast fighting game and has a Wii on hand I'll bring it along.

Gum

Smash Journeyman
Also...just a heads up for this upcoming tournament....anyone have a spare modded Wii? I got a copy of TvC on hand in case anyone wants to try it out.

My own Wii is not modded yet as the CD/DVD driver is ****ing up randomly and is still under warranty so I don't want to void it and my other Wii has a broken fan so it overheats badly in like an hour of play.

So...yeah...anyone want to try out this new half Japanese "who the f@ck is that?!", half Capcom cast fighting game and has a Wii on hand I'll bring it along.
YES TvC IS THE ****!! I'll try to see if I can get my freinds wii, which is modded. Can't wait for that. Is there a stick for wii? I never seen one if there is.

toasty

Smash Hero
I played it last night at Chu's house...****. omg. ****. I suck so horribly though at those type of games since I have barely played them...needz to play though XD

Also: I played on a WII-stick! hooks up to the wiimote and bam you're good. I dunno **** about sticks for figthers and such but the guy who owned it and was amaaazing at that and other fighters said that it works perfectly for him

Senko Zero

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4940-5527-1789
Correction: We WILL have a modded Wii on hand, ALONG with a Wii Hori Stick. We all played it a bit last night....game is f@cking great.

Roll is USEFUL for once, Viewitful Joe is stupid, Alex is GREAT now, Ryu is beast, Batsu is also great.....this game is just fun as hell to play. Nobody (save for the big characters, PTX looks like complete *** and Gold Lightan (the giant Golden Waffle Lego Robot) can be run from all day) looks bad at this point.

rhan

Smash Hero
Lol. I randomly came upon that when ripping the vids.

Expect more videos to be posted. I have brought a lot for S-Man to keep himself busy for about a week. :p

Gum

Smash Journeyman
Correction: We WILL have a modded Wii on hand, ALONG with a Wii Hori Stick. We all played it a bit last night....game is f@cking great.

Roll is USEFUL for once, Viewitful Joe is stupid, Alex is GREAT now, Ryu is beast, Batsu is also great.....this game is just fun as hell to play. Nobody (save for the big characters, PTX looks like complete *** and Gold Lightan (the giant Golden Waffle Lego Robot) can be run from all day) looks bad at this point.
Oh good shiet!! I wanna try out a wii stick. I havnt messed with viewtiful joe much. he sucks? thats sad face. Ryu is a beast though. Can't wait for this.

Senko Zero

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4940-5527-1789
NO, Viewiftul Joe is stupid....as in STUPID GOOD. He has some dumb@ss boomerang setups, his bomb can keep him safe for runaway, and he does ******** damage just for his mash punch move in air after a ground string to launcher.

Toasty, both of those big characters aren't that great. Just pick Ryu + Tekkaman (the Tatsunoko guy that wields a double sided spear) and run away all day and whenever they whiff something, call Tekkaman assist as Ryu as Tekkaman's little wire (compared to them) trips them and makes them comboable into a Shinkuu Hadouken :laugh:.

D0N

Smash Ace
NO, Viewiftul Joe is stupid....as in STUPID GOOD. He has some dumb@ss boomerang setups, his bomb can keep him safe for runaway, and he does ******** damage just for his mash punch move in air after a ground string to launcher.

Toasty, both of those big characters aren't that great. Just pick Ryu + Tekkaman (the Tatsunoko guy that wields a double sided spear) and run away all day and whenever they whiff something, call Tekkaman assist as Ryu as Tekkaman's little wire (compared to them) trips them and makes them comboable into a Shinkuu Hadouken :laugh:.
I did that when I was playing the guy who brought it to the tourney and after a few rounds he complained that Tekkaman is too cheap and said he was banned from tourneys

Top Bottom