• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SOVA, ITS 2010! Step ya Melee game up baby! <3

MaSHi

Smash Journeyman
hmmm. well i didn't think we were gonna win. i just wanted to try all 3 of my characters and see which did best. if they failed then i would pretty much give up on that. then next time stick to the same one that did the best. and i pretty much just got *****. so i'll pretty much stick to MK. i'm all about the money not the game. =].

JWolf

Smash Cadet
Toasty you sound like a child with ADD

CANT WAIT FOR BRAWL MONEY MATCHES!!! OH WAIT MELEEEEEEEE WAIT, MONEY MATCHES!!

Melee> Brawl

But We still need to do that round robin ****t

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
requests from NC:

"SoVa...please come to this."

I can't but I'll spread the word anyway:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=201163

P.L.U.R. [the host] is the **** [Formerly SpeedSk8er] so y'all should go to this ^_^

PS: it should be 2-3 hours away from SoVa since it's Raleigh. It's also that same distance from NoVa if you have any NoVa friends you want to go =D

RiKu.757

Smash Apprentice
I'll be there sometime after 6. I'll try to be there earlier but I can't make any promises.

C-Stick I think it starts at 4.

toasty

Smash Hero
Cstick. Please be courteous. There will be one Brawl set up provided we have enough Melee setups to have a successful tourney and fest. The more Melee setups we have, the more we can sacrifice for Brawl. So if you don't want Brawl to take up a TV that you think we could use, take the initiative to bring a Melee setup. That'll guarantee good times for you and all of us.

Boose, I was going to join you at MGB tonight but the hilarious coincidence is that on wednesday, Sherri kept asking me to watch Mongol with her, and then today she even texted me [simply saying "MONGOL"] but she works til 8 every night so I knew the MGB thing was a no-go. BUT we did just watch it on her TV [On Demand]

.......omg.

Pretty d@mn great dude. For real.

Your Kuya: new guy! woooord...yeah show up at 4. If you have a Melee setup [or at least a TV that you can bring] that'd be pretty ****ing amazing!

MaSHi

Smash Journeyman
haha hmm. you don't have to worry about grab release unless you're like marth mostly haha. =P

royboy850

Smash Apprentice
T_T hope she's ok man

ill still be waiting in the room to open the door for you guys

first person who comes wil have to help me move some tvs down though

Ether

Smash Ace
So I hear there's some Melee today. I'm assuming it's at ODU again. Has FATS come back yet? I may go to this tonight, but I was already invited to play Rockband 2, plus Lisa's sick, so we'll see =(

toasty

Smash Hero
thanks...she had to have reconstructive surgery on her tympanic membrane (eardrum) and what's ridiculous is that [yet another pro of having good insurance] if we didn't have insurance...this tiiiiiny tiny bottle [like 1/3 of the size of those 5-hour Energy Shots] of medicinal solution WOULD have cost $256

wtf.

Also: Yes Ether, there'll be a $2 tourney today at the same place at ODU. People will arrive at 4 [though I may be late] and tourney will start at 4:30 or 5

Boose: I suggest that if only one person shows up at first, just send them up to your room to get David's TV hahaha...in the meantime, perhaps you could just bring the lil b!tcha.ss TV down along with Master Chief before 4? or just one of them? hehe [don't forget the remote!]

Ether

Smash Ace
The following is important to toasty, so please, listen up =D

I haven't had a chance to check the whole thing out yet, but my brother and his documentary pals (who, with him, made the doc about chiptunes->using video game hardware as musical instruments) decided "hey...let's make a chiptunes album too!". So they each made a track with the Nintendo Gameboy as an instrument. I'll tell you which one my brother is after you listen to it =D

"The last half hour of daylight is the recommended listening time."

There is a video to accompany the short album [my brother shot most of the footage and edited it all together]

http://www.hemlockrecords.com/fadetofall/

There you go =D

Enjoy.

And thanks.
Holy **** I will check this out when I get off work.

Yes, I am going through the past 3 or so weeks of posts -_-

MaSHi

Smash Journeyman
good shiz o-no. hey i have a friend who wants to money match you in 3rd strike. it's only if you're bringing it. he's a 3rd strike/mvc2 player. so if you're not bringing setups i won't tell him. if so i will haha. so hit me up. (o-no) i meannnnsss

Ether

Smash Ace
I give up on reading all these posts, although you guys are all hilarious.

O-NO, a friend of a friend brought over some Guilty Gear, and we all played it for the first time. Can I come over some time and play it if you have it?

royboy850

Smash Apprentice
ether just come. rock band 2 can wait til they come out with a full jonathan coulton DL pack. also: O-NO thinks GG is silly :p

riku bring it today! 2 dollar potemkin tourny :D

toasty: was it the booty-gorilla noise? yea i bet that was it. dem kids and their newfangled music

Top Bottom