• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SOVA, ITS 2010! Step ya Melee game up baby! <3

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
I would prefer MK2 banned for teams..but honestly it's only a little broken in teams..i just don't want anyone trying to counterpick me in singles there.

Also, if wobbling is banned, i don't have to train that skill..i've never bothered to learn it, but i can play IC and chaingrab somewhat..i just don't usually field them.

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
double postage...

SoVa fans of Melee! If you haven't seen this thread, I suggest you at least skim through.

They're all pretty ****ing awesome [except the commentary which is....ugh.]

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=192755

naw **** that I suggest you watch and rewatch and study and write analysis of every single match to the point where you're magically pro by Saturday!!!

=D

Also haha @ Chu...yeah I know, check your PM :)

Famous

Smash Champion
Yea look at this s#!t

By Osco316
Dear Famous,

You have received an infraction at Smash World Forums.

Reason: Signature Violation
-------
Don't leave your sig on if it's longer than your post.
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=5445918
-------

This infraction is worth 1 point(s) and may result in restricted access until it expires. Serious infractions will never expire.

First of all the signature was not longer than the post. The post was longer than the signature.

D0N

Smash Ace
I really dont understand that famous. It makes me think of a cop who didnt meet his quota for speeding tickets so he pulls someone over for going 26 in a 25 zone.

toasty

Smash Hero
oh well it's just one point. I got one for censor dodging one time and I PMed the guy asking about restriction details and you need a whole bunch in a certain [relatively short] period of time for any restricted access to go into effect, so you're good :)

that's weird that they would say that though...esp considering how often people post short messages with their sigs. Isn't that what they have 10char limits for anyway?

whoever the mod was is just being a d!ck for sure >_>

oh...and my censor dodging? it was on the Melee Yoshi boards in a Yoshi Vs. Ness thread...and I ended a mini-matchup-guide with simply:

"F.ucking eggs" [granted...that's EXACTLY what censor dodging is...unlike your 25 in a 26 haha]

good thing Tope loves me =D

aw **** watch him give me one just to spite me since it won't mean anything after a while >_>

Gum

Smash Journeyman
BTW toasty your wii is at GnT at ODU in the bottom drawer of the inventory cabinet. I told them not to sell your ****. Pick it up when you get a chance.

toasty

Smash Hero
whoa crazy coincidence, I was seriously going to call you today to come by and pick it up. what about my 3 little splitter cables that I let Yoster use? Are those there too? I need them for recording my 6 hour Marth Ditto Marathons with Caboose [totally homo <3]

Thanks man :)

RiKu.757

Smash Apprentice
That's F****d up Famous. It's almost as bad as one I got on a Pokemon forum for typing "U" instead you"You". It's stupid. They tell u to use proper grammar on the forum yet they let people say F**k and other S**t up there.

toasty

Smash Hero
yeah when I saw that, it was back when you could click on someone's avatar and in that little pull-down menu, it always included "Find Threads Started By..." and you had like 8 THREADS LMAO

You posted it in every regional thread, too good. What's worse...WAS THE VIDEO OHHHHH GET ***** SON!

My favorite comment was GAWes: these are combos?

But you've improved lightyears beyond that, so good **** =D

At least it seems like you know how to use the boards now haha

toasty

Smash Hero
Kadaj. I'm coming over around 3-3:30 for a couple hours to play Brawl. Okay?

Make sure you got that fan ready >_>

also: postography star? if only it sounded cooler :( but good **** haha

Boose. Breakfast of Champions on the 17th at Dean's for TJ's "We miss you" fest?

Anyone know where I can find a used copy of Wario Ware?

Ether

Smash Ace
:)
I might not be going to that fest ether :( no ride up to odu unless someone1's willing to give one

I haven't seen ether in awhile :(

Btw ether we should def. Move in together and become godlike at smash :laugh:
Aww...well, it's all good. EVERYONE, I MAY BE UP FOR GRABS FOR A PARTNER FOR SATURDAY. I swear, it's like no one wants to team with me ;_;

But yes, we should move in, or at least move closer! Like, in the same neighborhood.

lmfao @ kadaj thinking he hasnt seen ether "in a while"

YOU DONT KNOW THE HALF OF IT SON. THERE'S A REASON I CLASSIFIED HIM AS DEAD
lol

Ether: I want all of your top 6.
I can't wait! My list is Marth -> Fox -> Sheik -> Falco -> Roy -> Link, I think. Oh man, toasty, last night, I was Ness against Lisa's Sheik, and I aerial PK fire'd her recovery and spiked her during the stun! If you've done this, let me know, but I thought it was pretty sick.

Lol I know why you pronounced him dead.

I have becmoe an abomination with Roy after that fest at uki's but I don't know how good it is now seeing as how me playing melee is like ether showing up on the scene. It only happens but so often
lol, I should sig this

but regardless, ether ignored my love T_T though to be fair, its kadaj's last melee event
oh yeah, sorry. Well shucks, I may very well need a partner. We'll see. I mean, it's not like you aren't good. :)

wtf does this mean, btw?

but frills, small inconsequential tourny. really just a fest for melee people
My kind of environment!!!

Then again, I guess you could always just sing Spice Girls to get out of it...right Vince?
god**** straight.
Fixed ^.^

Toasty, i may be around sometime this weekend.

Slash......the chairs man.....the chairs.....
We really need to hang out, O-NO. When are you free?

toasty

Smash Hero
Haha Ether I meant you using all top 6, but I'll take YOUR top 6 over THE top 6 any day =D!!!!!!!! I really do need Marth Vs. Link. You destroyed me that last time @_@

As for the PK-fire-->Spike? A Ness main's wet dream...and livin the dream is the only thing I know to do with Ness ^_^ It's such a good feeling when that works.

Try using the Shyguys on Yoshi's Story to make a PK Fire wall...murder against anyone hanging on the ledge if the Shyguys are over the edge. Granted, I've only really tried this once, but Simna told me about it so you know it's good haha [btw, did you know 95% of everything awesome about Ness is extremely situational? ;____;]

On Saturday, I will only MM you in one matchup:
My Ness Vs. your Link.
it'll be epic, and I'll record it. But don't expect me to record a lot of vids that night, I won't have time to upload for a while :(

I get a dollar for every time I kill you with the YYG, even if I don't win the set or even the match. If I get NO YYG kills the entire set, you get a dollar whether you win the set or not. We can either make that the entire wager or just make it a set amount + those $ bonuses.

My Ness is full of awesome MM ideas.

Malco: don't forget ours.

SchoolieDee

Smash Journeyman
****it ether, just team with me so we can finally enter/win a doubles tournament.

We never managed to in the past, but this weekend we can just get it out of the way :)

B

Blackula

Man, I wish someone would have told me that the A button was busted before I picked it up. LOL.

B

Blackula

Maverick, at ECPI, we have the Player's Club which is a gaming club. Well, on Wednesdays, we get together and game for 30 minutes. We mainly play Brawl and Halo 3. Well, I played Brawl in the first set, and I was the last to pick up a Game Cube controller. No one told me though that the A button was busted. During the match, I said, hey, my A button is stuck.

royboy850

Smash Apprentice
i hear B button smash is pro

and ye, im up for breakfast of champion's at dean's

edit: going through some of the EVO 2k7 vids and ken is on freaking fire

Ukiyasan

Smash Apprentice
I already played with roy just not in tourny or in friendlies unless it was at my house
Liar... you played as Roy at my place when Toasty came back to pick you, famous, and caboose up from the fest. I remember because Your Roy and my Ness > Toasty and Caboose's Marths during that fun. Realistically, I know my Ness would get ***** any day of the week.... but still it was fun to get a few wins off of Toasty and Caboose ^.^

Top Bottom