• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SOVA, ITS 2010! Step ya Melee game up baby! <3

D0N

Smash Ace
ill be free saturday at about 8 to play wherever everyones playing brawl. Whether thats whodat's or blackula's place.

SchoolieDee

Smash Journeyman
Attention Sova!

Fats will be back in town around November, at that time CNU will host a big "We Miss Fats" sova tournament. At the current time, it's looking like Melee will be the preferred game.

If you want to have brawl played there, then bring your own setups or send me a pm with your argument, but don't expect us to have anything brawl related before you get here :p

There's plenty of time before then for you to convince us otherwise, but we have 0 fun playing brawl and won't waste any time on it in november :D

Totodile

Smash Rookie
hey anybody wanna team up for the melee fest? and Toasty if ur still doing the hold em thing then im in.

Totodile

Smash Rookie
yeah but will jwolf be alright with that? im not trying to get falcon punched in the car.

Totodile

Smash Rookie
haha i mean im not just gonna sit there and watch ill air dodge or spot dodge or something just the less drama the betta

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
Sorry guys but the confirmed list for hold'em is already too many people. Sorry I didn't respond to your PM though, Uki.

Caboose: I don't know how we'd do on teams, as much as I'd love to do Breakfast of Champions...

Russ: We gotta take down Schoolie and Ether!!! Just remember: DO NOT PICK FOX lmao.

Schoolie really needs a badge that says "Fox Killer" with "(but only on teams)" somewhere on there...

^_^

and...really? I need to send a PM??? you lazy ****.

B

Blackula

Ok guys. Games are going to be at my place on Saturday instead of Friday. I usually have people start coming around 6 but just show up whenever you can, for those who are interested. If you need the address, let me know and I'll send it to you in PM.

D0N

Smash Ace
I will be there saturday, I just need an address and a number to call incase I get lost. I live pretty close to whodat to give you an idea of where ill be driving from.

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
eh schoolie will be there this weekend? kowai!!!

but yeah, my vs jiggs matchup is not what it was in the old days when my roommate was ajiggs main...my game overall is probably a little better from my time in nova..but i don't know matchups very well..and I don't play enough.

i can only hope brawl has deteriorated your skill at melee like it did to a lot of players in nova

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
hey ether..will you be there for melee too? Guess that means i have to bring my sheik's A-game?
I would critique those vids..but i'm studying..and vid critiquing is time consuming..i prefer to watch vids with others and comment using play by play..because typing it out takes too long.

You could always just post them in the general character forums and someone should help.

Though i don't think the sheik forums are as helpful as the marth ones honestly..and both are dead these days.

toasty

Smash Hero
Preemptive bump! Because SoVa is laaaazy and dumb! =D

October 4th Melee fest at ODU!!!!.......with possible Round Robin / Green Greens Round Robin Tourney! TBA
Where:
Virginia House on ODU campus:
4603 Elkhorn Avenue, Norfolk
[you'll see a group of massive dorm buildings next to Elkhorn between 43rd and 49th St. The building in the back left is Virginia House]
As Caboose said, you have to have someone open the doors from the inside and the windows for the common room [where this fest will be] are to the right of the dorm entrance, so just knock on the windows or call me so we can open the doors for you.

Parking:
1) On 49th St. and Blue Stone the gate at Webb Center will probably be open. You may see cars there already, but it doesn't look like a parking lot at all...so if it's empty and you think "nah that can't be it"...it probably is]
2) the garage on the corner of 43rd and Elkhorn. Park on the 2nd floor. If you're bringing setups, pull up next to where the dorms are on Elkhorn, give us a call, and we'll come get the setups, and then you can park. that way you won't have to lug a TV + other crap from the garage :)

When: Saturday, October 4th. 2PM - Midnight. All post-midnight festivities can be moved up to Caboose's room or anywhere that ends up working out afterward. We've got options though, so don't worry =D [we may even be able to go to....MY HOUSE?!?!?!..............................................maybe not >_>]

FEES:
NONE. IT'S A FEST. WHICH MEANS: NOT A TOURNAMENT.

BRING MELEE SETUPS, PLEASE. TVS. WIIS. GAMECUBES. MELEE. MEMORY CARDS. AND BRING YOUR OWN CONTROLLER!!!! .....Seriously people, it's been a while now >_>

I will not be recording. I WILL, however, bring my recording EQUIPMENT. I'll have the cables and the software for anyone who wants to record onto THEIR laptop. So bring your laptops and harddrives or whatever you need. But don't expect me to handle the recording/posting of vids for this fest.

We have plenty of chairs/tables...a LOT actually, so that won't be an issue.

PM me for my number.

again: bring setups and controllers.

Ether

Smash Ace
hey ether..will you be there for melee too? Guess that means i have to bring my sheik's A-game?
I would critique those vids..but i'm studying..and vid critiquing is time consuming..i prefer to watch vids with others and comment using play by play..because typing it out takes too long.

You could always just post them in the general character forums and someone should help.

Though i don't think the sheik forums are as helpful as the marth ones honestly..and both are dead these days.
It looks like I'll be there, and you're right about everything you said. And yeah, bring your A-game.

toasty

Smash Hero
Ether: I watched all of them but I noticed in the last vid [but didn't look for it in the others] that 95% of the time...Lisa is not moving. And by that, I mean there's no dash dancing, there's no movements to throw you off; she's static. She moves in when she tries to set things up or to predict you. But she almost never tries to bait you.

She needs to find that balance of aggression toward controlling space without aggression with attacks.

Like you said after the Descendency tourney at FATS's place, Tope's main advantage was that he forced you to come to him. Sheik wrote the book on that ****!

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
is ether better than you, CK?

lol; loaded question..but still..i haven't played ether since i got semi-decent at this game..like from scrub B to scrub A level..so i'm curious how good he is.

will it be worse than khorne, boss, or Chinesesah owning me..

you owned me in singles once...but then you decided to SD to let me into semifinals instead of you.

but i remember that your fox was better than all my characters..and that your marth and secondaries weren't that good compared to your fox..your marth went about even with my sheik..but you would have won if you had just gone fox all matches and then not SDed once in the 2nd match..and randomly miss the upthrow- uair at the end of the last match..

I'm honestly more worried about playing schoolie..i used to be good at the jiggs matchup..but i haven't played it in too long..i hope i haven't regressed to the point of getting 3 stocked by jiggs again.

ChaosKnight

Smash Master
i say me and ether are even because hes the better marth with a good fox secondary and im the fox with a good marth secondary :p

were opposites :O

toasty

Smash Hero
the last Jiggs I played before playing Schoolie a couple weeks ago....was Schoolie, a LONG LONG LONG time ago...and he's still no Mango against Marth =D

speaking of Mango Vs. Marth: DID YOU SEE MANGO VS. KEN FROM EVO2007 ?!?!

Amazing. [But so was the second set @_@ pure wrath.]

Top Bottom