• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SOVA, ITS 2010! Step ya Melee game up baby! <3

Malco!!!

Smash Apprentice
Nope. Definitely not light skinned or on the big side. If you see this before you head out to the school, I'll be wearing a yellow shirt with sliver, white, and black stripes going across the center.
Ok then nvm.
I have no idea.
Ill just look for you on Wed.

MaSHi

Smash Journeyman
hopefully we'll get a 64 setup sometime this sat *cough*. lol why does korn wanna mm me so bad? haha. =P. kk $5 each. <3. you just wanna spend my monies on things i probably need like foods. =[. lol what are you talking about jeff? melee you(general not jeff rofl) NEED practice haha. brawl you don't well not me. cause it gets boring playing the same people. so if you wanna know my secret the night before a tourney just play sonic/wolf for about 7hrs and don't get sleep and you'll succeed with snake/mk??? =P oh well haha. melee all week son! =]

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
mini-"bump for amazingness" (haha, Tope)

October 4th Melee fest at ODU!!!!
Where:
Virginia House on ODU campus:
4603 Elkhorn Avenue, Norfolk
[you'll see a group of massive dorm buildings next to Elkhorn between 43rd and 49th St. The building in the back left is Virginia House]
As Caboose said, you have to have someone open the doors from the inside and the windows for the common room [where this fest will be] are to the right of the dorm entrance, so just knock on the windows or call me so we can open the doors for you.

Parking:
1) On 49th St. and Blue Stone the gate at Webb Center will probably be open. You may see cars there already, but it doesn't look like a parking lot at all...so if it's empty and you think "nah that can't be it"...it probably is]
2) the garage on the corner of 43rd and Elkhorn. Park on the 2nd floor. If you're bringing setups, pull up next to where the dorms are on Elkhorn, give us a call, and we'll come get the setups, and then you can park. that way you won't have to lug a TV + other crap from the garage :)

When: Saturday, October 4th. 2PM - Midnight. All post-midnight festivities can be moved up to Caboose's room or anywhere that ends up working out afterward. We've got options though, so don't worry =D [we may even be able to go to....MY HOUSE?!?!?!..............................................maybe not >_>]

FEES:
NONE. IT'S A FEST. WHICH MEANS: NOT A TOURNAMENT.

BRING MELEE SETUPS, PLEASE. TVS. WIIS. GAMECUBES. MELEE. MEMORY CARDS. AND BRING YOUR OWN CONTROLLER!!!! .....Seriously people, it's been a while now >_>

I will not be recording. I WILL, however, bring my recording EQUIPMENT. I'll have the cables and the software for anyone who wants to record onto THEIR laptop. So bring your laptops and harddrives or whatever you need. But don't expect me to handle the recording/posting of vids for this fest.

We have plenty of chairs/tables...a LOT actually, so that won't be an issue.

PM me for my number.

Also: who in SoVa is actually interested in playing Texas Hold'em some time? $5 buy-in.
again: bring setups and controllers.

KORNNNNN~

Smash Master
hopefully we'll get a 64 setup sometime this sat *cough*. lol why does korn wanna mm me so bad? haha. =P. kk $5 each. <3. you just wanna spend my monies on things i probably need like foods. =[. lol what are you talking about jeff? melee you(general not jeff rofl) NEED practice haha. brawl you don't well not me. cause it gets boring playing the same people. so if you wanna know my secret the night before a tourney just play sonic/wolf for about 7hrs and don't get sleep and you'll succeed with snake/mk??? =P oh well haha. melee all week son! =]
nah dude D:
i just MM anyone in sova thats all

whodat

Smash Apprentice
I played Melee the other day and it was kinda fun, but I'm really only here to play Brawl. With that said I most likely wont be heading to that fest, but to everyone that is going have fun.

Don- If you really wanted to come through and game it's all good. I need the practice. When would you come by so I can make sure to be home?

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
no tourney? can we make it 1 dollar buy in or something? i would prefer to have a singles brackets...i'm not interested in going somewhere just to do friendlies..i don't care about winning money..but i do care about the challenge of working my way up through the brackets.

on the flip side i'll have money for money matches this way..but it's not as exciting as an actual tournament.

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
LOOK I said I'll make it exciting but I don't want to say something to make it too hyped and JUST about that...but it looks like people don't trust me on that :( :( :(

Fine. These are the top 2 ideas I had:

1) $2 buy in.

Round Robin.
2nd place gets $4
3rd place gets $2 back.
Winner takes the rest.

Again: Round. Robin. That means: EVERYONE PLAYS EVERYONE.

2) [and this is the one I didn't want to advertise because of the hype it can create]

OH WAIT that means I shouldn't post it hahahaha...just wait. It's a good idea =D the way it'll be run will depend on who shows up though. You guys will like it though, I promise!

The back-up was a $1-$5 buy-in tourney.
...or a $1 winner takes all GREEN GREENS TOURNEY!

The reason I stressed that it's not a tourney is because there are people who WOULDN'T show if it was a tourney.

I'm open to change [btw sorry Caboose for hijacking your fest] so I may leave it to a vote when we get there :)

Either way: you'll have a chance to make money and there WILL be competition. And awesomeness ^_^

If there's a microwave, there will be nachos...a couple community plates and then for sale [no joke this time I WILL make them if I have all the stuff I need]

royboy850

Smash Apprentice
yessss good **** toasty. and np youre better at this stuff than i am :p

i dont think there's a kitchen on the first floor but if you follow me we can use the 3rd floor kitchen in the lounge that has a microwave

ttocs

Smash Rookie
I have *****es hotter than Toasty's on deck... you guys might be in store for something wonderous

ttocs

Smash Rookie
yeah true

well I want to backtrack anyway, I don't want to create a buzz and then let down

everything is speculation and we will leave it at that

royboy850

Smash Apprentice
if youre looking to brawl thats all your going to need to give out. as soon as you set up your wii's internet connection, put in brawl and enter wifi mode. itll give your code right there under your name

B

Blackula

For anyone who is interested, I'm having a get together at my apartment on either Friday or Saturday. Still working out the details with some of my other friends. If anyone is interested, let me know. I do have a Wii with 2 classic controllers. You might have to bring a GC controller if you prefer that instead.

B

Blackula

Whodat, you coming on Friday or Saturday? I think Millionz and Tiamat might be coming over. If he does decide to come, you can catch a ride with him.

whodat

Smash Apprentice
Ok so whenever you guys are done with playing Melee and feel like playing brawl let me know.

Top Bottom