• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SOVA, ITS 2010! Step ya Melee game up baby! <3

D0N

Smash Ace
How do crew battles work anyway? Its always talked about and never gets done.

Malco!!!

Smash Apprentice
Ether's coming?!
Uki put me on the def going list!

How do crew battles work anyway? Its always talked about and never gets done.
You get two teams with about 4 or 5 on each team. (The number of people don't really matter.)
The teams get together and talk about who they're throwing out first and who everyone is picking which character cause the same character cannot be used twice within the same team. You're the only DK I see around here so you should be fine. The match starts off with the two people who got picked to go first and they play as if its a regular match except try not to sandbag cause the stocks you lose from the first match carry over to the next match. So for example You go in first against toasty and you win and he only takes off one stock from you. Then you play their next guy with only two stocks. So you would jump off once. You go to the edge of stage count down from three no charging your fist or needles etc and then fight.

dobee

Smash Apprentice
Man, I have no time to do anything now. From 8am to 10pm im either at work or at class EVERYDAY during the week. And last weekend I was in Iowa visiting my brother. I just don't have the time. And this weekend is my birthday so, yep.

Ukiyasan

Smash Apprentice
Alright, updated the list last page.... Ether and Malco added to the definite list.

@Kitsune: My place, Friday all night.... check back a few pages for the details

Ether

Smash Ace
Alright, updated the list last page.... Ether and Malco added to the definite list.

@Kitsune: My place, Friday all night.... check back a few pages for the details
Actually, I just meant I was up for some casual tournies. I didn't realize you were throwing something this Friday.

...I'm still coming.

Anyone wanna team up with me? I'm pretty sick in Melee... >_>

Toasty, I can show you a ton of new things I've learned with Marth. Can't wait.

royboy850

Smash Apprentice
etherz! toasty bring your camera so i can prove to my friends once and for all that i know billy dee williams black to the future edition

and happy birfdays dobee!

CStick

Smash Lord
fest? This Friday (a day that I'm off from work)? Ether going?

post details now. I'm down. I'm there. I'm fully erect like kitsune over the thought of a SS reunion.

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;

Ukiyasan

Smash Apprentice
Current List that I know of....

Confirmed:
Toasty
Kadaj
D0N
Caboose
Zion
Killz
Famous
Jwolf
ETHER
Kitsune
Malco
Slash
C-Stick

Possibles:
Mashi
D0N's friend
Zion's roomates
Rhan
ttocs

royboy850

Smash Apprentice
fun fact:
Will Smith was offered the role of Captain America

rulz hollywood

"…during an MTV News interview regarding his role in “Miracle at St. Anna,” actor Derek Luke let slip that a very prominent - and surprising - face could be the star of Marvel Studios’ next blockbuster film. “I heard they offered Will Smith ‘Captain America,’” said Luke, adding that the intriguing casting rumor “just shows you how times have changed.”

Ether

Smash Ace
Yeah, toasty, let's team! At least for melee...I understand if you find someone better for brawl.

lol @ billy dee...I have a fro again

Edit - Toasty, there is no one better to team with for brawl. Team with me.

toasty

Smash Hero
Yeah, toasty, let's team! At least for melee...I understand if you find someone better for brawl.

lol @ billy dee...I have a fro again

Edit - Toasty, there is no one better to team with for brawl. Team with me.
lmfao YES let's do it!

maybe I'll keep my poofy hair until friday so we can be called Fro-**** [a la "Bro ****"]

or Topegay 2.0

^_^

ttocs

Smash Rookie
well now that it's getting pretty epic i'll have to add myself to the definite list

^_^

toasty

Smash Hero
life, son...life. what vids do people want up now? I think I uploaded all the teams matches I had...I think. Not sure, though. Lemme know what you need put up.

Haven't gone through to separate the singles matches, yet. After that, money matches will go up. ****'s been CRAZY with work. :(

that and I'm training in Melee when I can...

SlashTalon

Smash Ace
Games N' Trade Presents:​
THE MAGICIAN'S ALLIANCE Presents:

BRAWL SINGLES AND TEAMS
Sept 27th

ODU
4404 Monarch Way Norfolk VA, 23508
757-648-8616

Future Events To Plan On Attending:
October 18-19th
2 Day event (Singles&Doubles day 1/Side Tourneys and Crew Battles Day 2)
Cash + Prizes (360/games/ect)
Housing available
Free food+Drinks

SoVA=VaBeach/Norfolk/Hampton/ect.

Tourney Starts at 1pm (doubles then singles, possibly overlapping)
Venue Fee: $10 ($3 discount for bringing a setup/5 for full setup: TV+Wii)
Singles Entry Fee: $10 per person
Doubles Entry Fee: $20 per Team ($10 per person)

RULES

NO ITEMS [not even Smashballs]
Team attack is ON.
Life stealing IS allowed.
Teams Tournament will run first, THEN Singles. Unless we try to run both simultaneously. We'll see.

Double Elimination
3 Stock, 7 Minutes
All Matches are best 2 out of 3, except:
Winners/Losers/Grand Finals which are all best 3 out of 5

iCONTROLS! ---You can use any controller (GameCube, Wiimote, etc) and any control configuration you want. If you have special control settings, you MUST change your control scheme before the match starts. If you're human and happen to forget to add your changed controls to that system, you have about 5 seconds into the match [unless your opponent is nice] to remember to change your controls. You WILL, however, remain that character and return to that stage if this kind of event occurs. Sometimes people forget to take off the previous player's tag...well in Brawl that actually matters since control schemes are attached to tags. Same rules apply for realizing this.

Controllers

1. You are responsible for bringing your own controller.
2. Controller mods of ANY kind (short-hop mod, L-trigger mod, etc), except for cosmetic changes (paint job, different colored plastic), are banned. Tournament staff may randomly inspect any controller at their discretion. If you are caught using a banned controller you will be immediately disqualified from the tournament.
3. Turbo or programmed buttons of any kind are banned. You may use third party controllers or pads that have these features, but if you are suspected of using the banned features you will not be allowed to use that controller any longer.

Any glitches or game-stalling strategies to run out the clock are banned and will result in the loss of that stock. This includes Fox's shine stall far away from the stage repeatedly just to run out the clock. It's different than the one done as a defensive mechanism to throw off your opponent's timing for edgeguarding or things of that nature. I don't know if you can still do the rising-pound stall with Jigglypuff, or Peach's wall-bombing or whatever it was called. I think Pit can also repeatedly upB under the stage from ledge to ledge [if the stage is designed in such a way, and a lot of them are]. Don't be a dlck about the specifics like "oh, well I only did that but so many times"...use some common sense. This includes MK's Cape trick...just don't =)
STANDING DDD GRAB INFINITE IS BANNED.

***NO COACHING. In the middle of a tournament match

Cheering for your crew is great, but if it's not a crew battle (in which case, anything goes ).

IF YOU BREAK THIS RULE, THE MATCH WILL BE FORFEITED.***

Prize payout for each tournament will be 60/30/10

I think that's pretty fair.

STAGES
NEUTRAL STAGES (set to Random):
-Final Destination
-Battlefield
-Smashville
-Yoshi's Island (DS Version)

COUNTERPICK STAGES:
-Lylat Cruise
-Halberd
-Frigate Orpheon
-Pokestadium 1
-Brinstar
-Delfino Plaza
-Castle Seige
-Rainbow Cruise
-Jungle Japes

I reserve the right to change anything and everything about the rules and stages if I see fit. I doubt anything will change, but just know that's how it is.

More info will be added as I get it so keep checking back.

Games N' Trade wants to be the number one smash tourney venue in SoVA...
You should help!

Venue price will always be cheap, and MA and I have complete control over payouts/rules/dance parties

D0N

Smash Ace
I want to see my money match up too when you start putting stuff up.

Top Bottom