• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SOVA, ITS 2010! Step ya Melee game up baby! <3

Kukulza

Smash Apprentice
CNU is thinking of possibly holding a smashfest event like we did in the past in the coming weeks...well, at least we've been talking about it a good amount. We were curious if people would still be interested in these. Im assuming a good portion of people will want to play brawl, i know the majority of us here prefer melee to be honest :X We're thinking a possible mixture of both. Im hoping other CNU players jump on board with this as well, i'll talk to schoolie/speed/pcat etc. but i imagine theyre down as well.

I miss the smash scene :(

royboy850

Smash Apprentice
juans! ::huggs::

i wanna play you in melee again even though ive gotten ridiculously rusty

lulz at 2:30 am posts during the school year

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
CNU would be sweeeeeeet

on that same note, some other time when CNU isn't hosting, I will try to force Caboose to let me schedule fests in his name haha [his hall has a "multi purpose room" and it looks sweeeet...I just dunno the policies for using it]

I'm down for an all Melee event. You'll have more people show up if you include both games, but you'll still have a good amount if it's just Melee :)

Malco!!!

Smash Apprentice
Ahhhh, Ill never forget CNU!
I cant wait for that to start back up again!
I met alot of good players through Christopher Newport.
Ether, Schoolie, Toasty, Dean, and Cow!

MaSHi

Smash Journeyman
i wanna play melee tourney. we should do both at cnu. casual tourney. i wanna go win me some gas monies if i go. unless malco gets mad and wins melee. =/

Ukiyasan

Smash Apprentice
Okay, I'm gonna repost this to bring attention to it... Kadaj and Toasty have voiced interest.

Ok, well, we have the whole house. There is one tv that is ready minus a wii/gc next to the door. There is one in the den and one in the room next to the den. Also, have plenty of couches/chairs for people to sit around comfortably. Basically its gonna feel somewhat like T-dome but with a bit more space for walking/standing around. ((Edit: I will need Wiis/GCs and copies of Smash for each TV))

Date: Friday: Sept 12.
Time: Start arriving around 7pm
Leave: Whenever I get tired/next morning (I'll have the place to myself, so if people bring sleeping bags/pillows, they can crash)

Ask me for any other details. Parking on the street might become an issue if a ton of people come in seperate cars.

MaSHi

Smash Journeyman
malco: yep =]
uki: if people are willing to go then i will. your house isn't exactly near me.
hova: you'd come to sova to personally pick me up. =]
cnu: it better happen. or else. =P
kadaj: we need to play.
toasty/boose/blackg/slash/malco/jwolf/customers/people: gnt today plx. =]

rhan

Smash Hero
Uki: I'm down. I'm trying to get to my dad's house this weekend so me and my brother could possibly come. I'll keep in touch if this is set in stone or not.

CNU Peeps: DO EET! <3

JWolf

Smash Cadet
Uki, ill be willing to go depending on attendance

Who's going to GNT today?? Thinking of going up there.

Malco's scary when he's mad :(

SlashTalon

Smash Ace
Uki we usually have everyone chill at GNT on Fridays (last friday was awesomes) i'd be possibly willing to go there with anyone that comes here...
I mean no one likes driving and a lotta people are like a walk away from GNT.

But i mean GNT odu is open like all night as well.

Personally I don't mind goin to your place, I just want people to play with until I get off at 8:30 =(

JWolf

Smash Cadet
Personally I don't mind goin to your place, I just want people to play with until I get off at 8:30 =(
Selfish! The man is trying to hold a fest and all you can care about is having people come to your job and entertain you

But yeah ill probably be at GnT Friday anyway

Ukiyasan

Smash Apprentice
Well then, you guys wanna do this.... wanna do the stuff at GnT and then move it over to my place for the fest Friday night after Slash gets off? We will have loads of fun... ^_^

Edit:

@Toasty: Yeah, exact same spot.

royboy850

Smash Apprentice
do all you guys really not like driving? i love driving even with gas prices...

mashi: i cant come to gnt this week cz i have to study for thursday. and if toasty found out he'd give me sour looks

^^tho thats not to say i cant work. still waiting on an email. slash update me if niah contacts you plox

toasty:
wings > Paula Deen
even if traditional wing sauce is just butter and hot sauce >_>

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
you have to understand that it takes Mashi/SK about 45 minutes to get to GnT

oh, and:*sour ****ing looks*

lastly: Paula Deen is, IIRC, at NIGHT...the Wing fest is during THE DAY which means: toasty will be one fat ***** come saturday hahahahahaha...I dunno if I can afford both though...so I'll still be going to the wing fest regardless

OMFG CABOOSE CHECK FACEBOOK IN LIKE...3 MINUTES. I have the greatest idea for the Fat Kid date on Sat.

EDIT@ Scott: sooo does that mean you can make it to GnT and Uki's on friday?

GnT is right behind the Ted Constant Convocation Center at ODU [look up directions to that if you need]...I believe the name of the store [shares space with GnT] that's shown on the sign is "Cyber Criter" [though it's pronounced "critter"]...but yeah, right behind the Constant Center.

If I get to GnT early enough, I'll kidnap people to go to Uki's at like...6:45 or 7 =D I'll probably have space for 2 people, since I'll be taking Kadaj and I'm assuming Caboose :)

ttocs

Smash Rookie
I have friends that live on 42nd street so I'm kinda familiar with that area so that probably won't be a problem :D

but yeah for sure as long as nothing comes up I'll be there

Ukiyasan

Smash Apprentice
Alright, this is gonna be awesome. And like I said before, if you all wanna crash at my place the night of the fest... you are more than welcome to. Just make sure to bring a pillow if you want one.

Edit:

@Rhan: Really hope you come so we can do some team practice for the next tourney... I really want us to do well ^_^

Ukiyasan

Smash Apprentice
I just think its sad that M2K is now enjoying Brawl more than Melee. I guess its the opinion of different people. I starting to like Melee again, and Brawl is still fun. I really just wanna play both and get good at them both.

royboy850

Smash Apprentice
the only reason m2k is bored of melee is cz he broke it in every sense of the word. that man is a robot

...whats a robutt?

Ukiyasan

Smash Apprentice
Dude, Inui is such an ***... I saw the CH4 thread and he was whining about JCaesar's place... I haven't been there, but if you all didn't complain, it must be decent. Now I can see why Inui is so hated to the point that Chu would make a C3 event called Inui Sucks.....

D0N

Smash Ace
I said I was down for whatever friday earlier, but I guess I shoulda been specific and said im goin to play at uki's so other people better be there friday. I wont be at GnT friday tho, but if anyones there sunday then i will be.

And ill add that I like driving places and always get lost even if ive been there before lol. I just suck with directions.

MM's anyone?

Ukiyasan

Smash Apprentice
D0N, just so you know, I'm not at the same place you picked me up for the one Hi-Score tourney that we teamed in. It's somewhere else. If you need directions... just txt me, or mapquest it.

D0N

Smash Ace
Mapquest betrayed me one too many times, i prefer directions from a person. Can you pm me directins from 64?

Ukiyasan

Smash Apprentice
Sent the directions to ya d0n. If you don't mind bringing a wii... I would appreciate it, since you will probably be one of the first ones here.

Edit: Ok, so if I'm correct... so far, the head count that have more or less confirmed....

D0N, Toasty, Kadaj, Boose(If Toasty is correct in his assumption)

Well, if people can give me a definite yes or no by Thursday, I would appreciate it. I plan on buying some sodas to have around the place for the fest. Also, tell me what sodas you all like and I'll see about get some of them.

royboy850

Smash Apprentice
wtf is with all you noobs still using mapquest? only fifth graders and 80 year old grandmas use that nubby piece of ****. the interface is slow and awkward as crap, the window is tiny, the site is cluttered, and every time you zoom in it takes 20 seconds to redraw the map

mapquest offends the very core of my being

Top Bottom