• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SOVA, ITS 2010! Step ya Melee game up baby! <3

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
From Games N Trade

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sad...76.296852&sspn=0.007431,0.016522&ie=UTF8&z=14

1. Head north on Monarch Way toward W 45th St
246 ft

2. Turn left at W 45th St
0.1 mi

3. Turn right at Hampton Blvd/VA-337 E
2.4 mi
^THIS is the main st. on ODU's campus where all the traffic lights are

4. Turn right at Terminal Blvd/VA-406 E
1.6 mi
5. Take the Granby St/US-460 ramp
0.6 mi

6.Merge onto E Taussig Blvd
52 ft
IGNORE THIS PART!!!! don't let it confuse you. Just seriously, skip this line of reading, you will NOT find a sign for "Taussig Blvd" if you look for it...all it means is that the exit ramp BECOMES Taussig Blvd, but you're going to just take a left on Granby from the exit ramp

7. Turn left at Granby St/US-460 E
1.2 mi
8. Turn right at E Bayview Blvd
1.7 mi
9. Turn left at Willow Terrace
0.3 mi
10. Turn left at Simpson Ct
243 ft

royboy850

Smash Apprentice
^^much nicer translation

and yea, uki's list is right. SO COMES! there'll be at least three good players and a fat guy there

Ukiyasan

Smash Apprentice
Sweet, So... I will keep a list of confirmed people in this post and edit it as it is updated....

Confirmed:
Toasty
Kadaj
D0N
Caboose
Zion
Killz
Famous
Jwolf

Possibles:
Mashi
Slash
Malco
D0N's friend
Zion's roomates
Rhan and his brother

D0N

Smash Ace
Thanks for directions Uki, im bringing my wii. With that and Toastys translated directions I shouldn't get lost... And I tried yahoo for directions once but no google yet.

I may have a guest with me (Ill let you know when its verified). He wants to see SoVa in action.

Ukiyasan

Smash Apprentice
Alright...

@D0N: That is perfectly fine. It will be sweet to have more people.
@Caboose: If you want it... bring it.... I got the extra tv in my room if you absolutely want to play it and the other three tvs are being used.

Edit:

@Slash, Mashi, Jwolf, and others: So.... is this enough to get a few of you to confirm coming?

toasty

Smash Hero
I'll be bringing the MC-TV, a Wii, and a Cube...

Zion might [probably will] come through. He'll bring a small TV if necessary. His roommates may come [all about competitive gaming, though mostly with shooters, but they're interested in getting into Smash...know about advanced techs in Melee but haven't integrated it into their gameplay at all and have no real competitive experience, or exp. against competitive players]...but those are unknowns right now. Zion is 85% sure he'll be there.

Kadaj...yeah I'll give you guys a ride :) Just...check your PM.

toasty

Smash Hero
duuuude do you have it? I need to learn how to **** in that game again :( it's been like...10 years since I was good at that game D:

all I know is that when I pick Donovan, you'll know where it comes from when my ROB uthrow will KO and I scream "I'MA DROP THE TOMB ON YA!!!" [though it's rare enough that I kill with ROB's upthrow, I shout that out far less frequently...that needs to change =D]

Malco!!!

Smash Apprentice
Wait Toast.
That Zion guy is going to be there?!?!
I want to play his Falco! I never got a chance at GnT!
I need to see something.

Uki: Yeah he going.:embarrass:):laugh:

D0N

Smash Ace
Puzzle fighter? I like it but I suck. My puzzle game is pokemon puzzle league.

Ukiyasan

Smash Apprentice
List updated. And this is gonna get sick at this rate. Right now we have the chance of have almost as many as GnT had for the last tourney for this fest.

royboy850

Smash Apprentice
don: wrong-o. your puzzle game is tetris attack. or panel de pon. take your pick

anyone with a ps3 or a psx emulator download puzzle fighter and bring it plox

RiKu.757

Smash Apprentice
Tetris Attack is the ****. Pokemon Puzzle League is fun, but I suck @ 3D mode.

D0N

Smash Ace
3ds my **** and I have puzzle fighter for gba on my laptop. Will that work?

ttocs

Smash Rookie
[all about competitive gaming, though mostly with shooters, but they're interested in getting into Smash...know about advanced techs in Melee but haven't integrated it into their gameplay at all and have no real competitive experience, or exp. against competitive players]...
hey sounds like me :)

edit: oh yeah Uki I'll most likely show up.

Ukiyasan

Smash Apprentice
@ttocs: Let me know when it is a definite....

Updated list.... please let me know if you aren't on it or if you are in the wrong section.

Confirmed:
Toasty
Kadaj
D0N
Caboose
Zion
Killz
Famous
Jwolf
ETHER
Malco

Possibles:
Mashi
Slash
D0N's friend
Zion's roomates
Rhan
ttocs

MaSHi

Smash Journeyman
i'll more likely confirm by thurs.

will there be casual tournaments? melee/brawl dubz/single?

Ukiyasan

Smash Apprentice
@Chaos: I think the next tourney will be on the 20th... but you should ask Slash since it is more than likely to be GnT as next tourney.

@Mashi: Alright, and if we can draw enough interest, I will run some casual tourneys at the fest, $5 per event. Seems like we are gonna have enough setups to do it.... and if you come, try to drag SK out here too.

@Everyone: Since Mashi brought it up.... CASUAL TOURNEYS.... $2 singles melee $5 team melee. $2 singles brawl $5 team brawl. $1 brawl crew 3 people per crew round robin 3 stock each. $1 melee crew 3 people per crew round robin 4 stock each.

Brawl rules:
3 Stock, 8 minute
Items are set to "off" and "none"
Life stealing is allowed in teams
Team attack is ON.
All sets 2/3 except finals, which are 3/5
No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.
If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage.
Metaknight's Infinite Cape glitch is banned.
If a game ends with Bowser doing his suicide klaw and it ends in sudden death, the sudden death will be ignored and that game will count as a win for Bowser.
Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.
Stalling is banned.

Stage Lists

Neutral:
Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Yoshi's Island

Counter:
Castle Siege
Delfino
Halberd
Lylat Cruise
Pokémon Stadium 1
Brinstar
Frigate Orpheon
Jungle Japes
Norfair
Rainbow Cruise
Luigi's Mansion(Teams only)

Melee rules:

4 Stock, 8 Minutes.
Life stealing is allowed in teams.
Items OFF
Team attack ON

Stages:
Neutral:
Final Destination
Battlefield
Yoshi's Story
Dreamland 64
Pokemon Stadium
[DK 64, Rainbow Cruise(teams only)]
[Fountain of Dreams (singles only)] .

BANNED:
Yoshi's Island (Pipes)
Fourside
Hyrule Temple
Flatzone
Brinstar Depths
Icicle Mountain
Big Blue
Mushroom Kingdom 1
Venom
Yoshi's Island 64
Peach's Castle
Kongo Jungle
Onett
Great Bay
Mushroom Kingdom 2
Mute City(teams only)

Counterpick.
Any Non-banned stages are allowed for CPs.

Edit:
If we can drum up enough people and attention for it.
Draft Crews (free entry):
Rules will be decided as needed.

2nd Edit: Changed stuff to more reasonable prices, as suggested by Mashi.

rhan

Smash Hero
Uki's sig...... :'(

Also my Dad is going out to sea sometime this week. So I have like a 50/50 chance if my Step-Mom takes me in. My bro's not gonna be with me cause he's going to a birthday party this weekend. So....yeah...

MaSHi

Smash Journeyman
jeezes uki i said casual tourney. like $2 singles melee $5 team melee. $2 singles brawl $5 team brawl. not trying to make us broke. $1 brawl crew 3 people per crew round robin 3 stock each. $1 melee crew 3 people per crew round robin 4 stock each. that's casual ****.

toasty

Smash Hero
good **** Mashi...and good **** Uki for hosting. I just remembered that I'm fasting so I can't eat til like...7:20 friday D: [though I'm going to hell for my activities on Saturday, for sure]

SOVA!! IT'S C3 TIIIIMMMEEE!!!.......................in November, that is. But that's the next ECRC event.

November 22nd. That's 75 days from now. Save $1 every day from now until then...bam: easy $75. There's your fee for teams, singles, venue, AND $30 left over for gas/food.

You guys can't tell me you're unable to save a dollar every day >_>

Prize payouts are up to 7th place [teams/singles]. If enough people show, they pay out to 13th place. Don't forget you can score ECRC points and that equals $$$ at the end of the year!!!

THREAD:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=5311582

Ether

Smash Ace
@Everyone: Since Mashi brought it up.... CASUAL TOURNEYS.... $2 singles melee $5 team melee. $2 singles brawl $5 team brawl. $1 brawl crew 3 people per crew round robin 3 stock each. $1 melee crew 3 people per crew round robin 4 stock each.
I'm in.

...if Toasty lets me borrow his Wii indefinitely.

toasty

Smash Hero
I will if you actually decide to play :) [I was going to drop it off that one time til you said you didn't wanna get into it or something to that effect]

****. I'll drop it off TODAY. ^_^!!!! I have it in my car right now. I get off work at 5:30 or 6. When is good for you?

Top Bottom