• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SOVA, ITS 2010! Step ya Melee game up baby! <3

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
I probably won't. I gotta drive the Hampton kids home and I have work in the morning...but more importantly: I live less than 15 minutes from there.

HAHA MaSHi you're right...

also: Uki, your Marth is getting better for sure, but don't jump to conclusions ;) Just keep your head up. You're starting to implement reading-your-opponent more now, which is good. Eventually you'll be comfortable with Marth's movements and approaches to the point where you will be focusing on your opponent and not on what you're doing.

that said, team Fro-**** is going to destroyyyyyy =D!!!!!!!

Ukiyasan

Smash Apprentice
@Toasty: Of course, I know I have loads of room for improvement, but I'm leaps and bounds better than I was when you first met me. Remember, I use to be the uber-scrub C-sticking Marth (I hated when people would just say "C-stick...." anytime I would f-smash, because I did it so much...) and poke>smash Roy... (Almost created a **** Bananas moments with Shab when it was beating his Fox...).... now I am playing a unique Jiggs and starting to make my Marth much more solid.

Ether

Smash Ace
I played so much brawl last night, I don't know how I'm gonna get through today... so dizzy.

I can't spend the night Uki cuz I have to work at 8 in the morning.

Toasty! You're teaming with me in Brawl too? Good sheezy, we got this. Sure, I'll dollar mm you if you want, best of 5 maybe?

I'd team with Mashi since I heard he's good, but I'm gay for toast.

Ukiyasan

Smash Apprentice
Yet another updated List....

Confirmed:
Toasty
Kadaj
D0N
Caboose
Zion
Killz
Famous
Jwolf
ETHER
Kitsune
Malco
Slash
C-Stick
Riku
ttocs
Mashi
SK
DoubleDee
Ghad
Null
Rhan

Possibles:
D0N's friend
Zion's roomates
Shaeman
Ptzr

Edit: @Ether: Np, as long as you come and hang out some, its all cool.

Malco!!!

Smash Apprentice
I played so much brawl last night, I don't know how I'm gonna get through today... so dizzy.

I can't spend the night Uki cuz I have to work at 8 in the morning.

Toasty! You're teaming with me in Brawl too? Good sheezy, we got this. Sure, I'll dollar mm you if you want, best of 5 maybe?

I'd team with Mashi since I heard he's good, but I'm gay for toast.
How late you gonna stay?

toasty

Smash Hero
Oh ok sweet.
Ill play you when I get there.
Be prepared to be crossed off my list.
You already beat me in tourney...but if a requirement for getting crossed off is that I'm at least decently back into Melee and close to how I was before, then good luck crossing me off Friday ;)

Ether: you didn't teach me anything [directly]...though you did teach me, by example, that I need to learn IASA frames on dtilt and fthrow...and that Caboose doesn't know them hahaha
Next time we play, you gotta tell me the new stuff you were talking about =D also: <3!!!!

Ether (again): More Ness Vs. Link!

Rhaaaannnn: MORE NESS VS. YLINK!!!

Uki: point taken.

MaSHi

Smash Journeyman
now only if we had a black man named otis and a 3rd strike cabinet.hmmmmmm. j/k on 3rd strike but o-no better be there. =[

Ukiyasan

Smash Apprentice
now only if we had a black man named otis and a 3rd strike cabinet.hmmmmmm. j/k on 3rd strike but o-no better be there. =[
This sounds evil.... but maybe we should have a group of people kidnap him and bring him if he doesn't wanna come....

j/k

But it would be nice if O-No would come... then we would have to talk Schoolie over to this... we could make it an official SS reunion ^_^

Malco!!!

Smash Apprentice
You already beat me in tourney...but if a requirement for getting crossed off is that I'm at least decently back into Melee and close to how I was before, then good luck crossing me off Friday ;)
Oh I totally forgot I said That I did cross you off.
Oh well I did it once I can do it again!

Ukiyasan

Smash Apprentice
Yet another updated List.... (If Grim doesn't back out)

Confirmed:
Toasty
Kadaj
D0N
Caboose
Zion
Killz
Famous
Jwolf
ETHER
Kitsune
Malco
Slash
C-Stick
Riku
ttocs
Mashi
SK
DoubleDee
Ghad
Null
Rhan
Grim

Possibles:
D0N's friend
Zion's roomates
Shaeman
Ptzr

toasty

Smash Hero
okay...so Slash gave me some news about the ODU location for the tourney...sounds better :) I'll be checking it out Friday to give a 2nd opinion, but I trust Slash's judgment.

apparently the back room belongs to GnT and is rented out to Cyber Criter, which means they can say GTFO. The computers will be moved and we'll have tables built into the walls for the game stations, and CHAIRS.

Famous

Smash Champion
I told Billy id give him a ride

but now I dont have a teammate =(

And famous your sig is awesome good **** man.
Thanks for the compliment...I made that about 2 years ago. Check my photobucket to see some more...I haven't updated it in a while though.

No teammate? Mabe Null or Killz will team with you...hell I might team with you depending on the people.

royboy850

Smash Apprentice
yea sorry slash but you know we wouldnt get anywhere in teams >_>

really want to team with BLKG actually but dunno if he's going/me and billy have had plans to team for a while

also: miracle berry. i want some. **** lack of money and paying with plastic =.=

also also: i dont trust slash's judgment. just throwing that in there

also also also: c.ocks

JWolf

Smash Cadet
Make melee last so malco can join. hahaha seriously.

And i have no teammates for anything, but i dont think that i'll enter any tournys anywayssss

Famous

Smash Champion
I'll team with you in melee if I decide to enter the tourney..If you want.

We made a pretty good team in those friendlies at GnT...

RiKu.757

Smash Apprentice
I can bring 3rd Strike if u want me to Mashi. And I can bring Guilty Gear as well.

Ukiyasan

Smash Apprentice
GOOD **** TOASTY^_^

Updated List....

Confirmed:
Toasty
Kadaj
D0N
Caboose
Zion
Killz
Famous
Jwolf
ETHER
Kitsune
Malco
Slash
C-Stick
Riku
ttocs
Mashi
SK
DoubleDee
Ghad
Null
Rhan
Grim
Schoolie
NDN
Ivar

Possibles:
D0N's friend
Zion's roomates
Shaeman
Ptzr

Ukiyasan

Smash Apprentice
Updated the list.... and **** guys, we are at 25 and still aren't stopping. This is seriously gonna be one EPIC night. Of course, this count doesn't include me... since its at my place.... sorta important.0

Edit: ****it Toasty, why haven't you convinced Gum to come yet... I think he and Dobee are only two MA members that will be M.I.A. at this moment, but Dobee has a reason.....

royboy850

Smash Apprentice
gum: because brawl's a dumb game

caboose agrees

and lawl MSP. ALSO: toasty get ready for a surprise soon (hopefully)

toasty

Smash Hero
Gum should get back into Melee ^_^ he said himself that he'd be down if Melee tourneys were held. His Samus was soooo **** and only getting better!!!

Uki...hmmm...nvmd, I'll talk to you about it later. kinda odd to make my point on the boards without being a complete *** about it ...

SUPPLIES?!?!? YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS

royboy850

Smash Apprentice
ok yea its not working >_> prolly gotta let it charge first

anyway the surprise was that i got the phone my dad sent today :D

toasty

Smash Hero
mayyyybe...it'd be nice to end the night on the note of Melee ^_^

of course I, and others have expressed the same, can better transition from Melee to Brawl as opposed to from Brawl to Melee...then you have people like me and Mashi airdodging at the top of the screen in Melee for no reason :( :( :(

royboy850

Smash Apprentice
or people like me. who...air dodge over the edge of pokemon stadium when falcon dtilts in the middle of the stage....

dammit

Ether

Smash Ace
Quick post to answer some things I missed:

Kadaj - Yeah, can't wait to chill and team up at least in friendlies, you know? I'm a bit better at Guitar Hero/Rockband; I gold star half the songs, five star most of the rest, and barely get by on songs with ridiculous solos (like Afterlife or Ride the Lightning on Rockband).

I hope O-NO comes. Then again, if he does, and I place in any tourney, I owe him his entry fee back cuz I'm still using his controller.

CStick, Kits, and everyone else who was excited to have me make it out - Thanks! See you there.

Everyone should come to this. If someone will let me, I'll play friendlies with everyone on a dedicated tv like all night long. I may even give random advice.

I think SS should crew battle some other crews, at least in Melee, since I know we all play that.

CStick - The fest is at Uki's Friday night, after GnT, so around 7:00 to all night, I think. I'll personally be staying till maybe midnight-2am. Midnight may be my cutoff for real, though.

Caboose - do you still live where you used to? I was in the area one day, and I was gonna drop by for some games.

Is Toasty making nachos?

Top Bottom