• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SOVA, ITS 2010! Step ya Melee game up baby! <3

rhan

Smash Hero
Jeff..... said:
Is there going to be teams on the 12th?

From what I heard last, teams are still going on the 12th for both games. Unless Toasty changed it up on us recently without telling anyone.

Malco!!!

Smash Apprentice
Wait Jeff I might still be able to go.
What time does this thing start cause I don't leave till late at night?

Ukiyasan

Smash Apprentice
Well, I need to know if we are doing the event on the 12th... if we are, I plan to be there... if not, I'm going to the pre-release for the new set in Magic....

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
sorry everyone, CRITICAL HIT 3 WAS ****ING AMAAAAZING.

I almost (:(:(:(..doesn't count) beat PC Chris in each of our two matches. (his Snake survived a stale nair from ROB at 160% and my brain decided to nap while I jumped into that huge bomb on Halberd...and it was still a close match against his Metaknight after that)

Plank made me realize why Luigi's Mansion is a bad counterpick against Metaknight or anyone faster than ROB :( the clock ran out...*sigh* but I did the same thing [with no intention of doing so until the last 20 seconds] to Keitaro...

Out of 60 teams, Slash and I got 25th
Out of about 110, I got 2nd seed in pools [with Velocity as 1st seed and Meep as 3rd seed] and finished in 17th

Malco!!!

Smash Apprentice

I almost (:(:(:(..doesn't count) beat PC Chris in each of our two matches. (his Snake survived a stale nair from ROB at 160% and my brain decided to nap while I jumped into that huge bomb on Halberd...and it was still a close match against his Metaknight after that)

Plank made me realize why Luigi's Mansion is a bad counterpick against Metaknight or anyone faster than ROB :( the clock ran out...*sigh* but I did the same thing [with no intention of doing so until the last 20 seconds] to Keitaro...

Out of about 110, I got 2nd seed in pools [with Velocity as 1st seed and Meep as 3rd seed] and finished in 17th
Congrats PC Chris! ;]

rhan

Smash Hero
Nice Toasty! Way to represent! *Pounds chest* O:<

Lol, it's very late for me and I need to get to bed...

Malco: I ment to ask a while ago. How is my brother? (The Samus player). Any critques on his playing style would be nice.

Malco!!!

Smash Apprentice
Malco: I ment to ask a while ago. How is my brother? (The Samus player). Any critques on his playing style would be nice.
Make sure he reads this.

He is one of the best Samus players Ive meet. No lie. I honestly think he could give the best samus in SOVA (addy sanchez) a run for his money! I played him in some friendlys and I was forced to get serious. The only thing I can really say about his game is make his samus faster then it already is which is pretty fast and more mind games! Samus has a ton of them. Learn em and you cant be beat dude.

P.S. He is a pretty cool kid! Quiet tho! haha :]

D0N

Smash Ace

Nice placings! And almost victories are always better than just getting your *** kicked. You made him struggle.

Just curious, who placed the highest out of Sova?

D0N

Smash Ace
Lol Really!? Well its not that big a surprise. Top 20 out of 100+ is a **** good job

GOOD **** TOAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Im hoping everyone else did good too, but ill find out later since its kinda late and i have a busy day tomaro.

O-NO

Smash Journeyman
Vallejo CA! (for lowlifes that dont know) Teh Bea
Thats good **** toasty.

YOU MUST come over on Thursday. im tryin to get practice in.

everyone is welcome BTW. im pretty sure i wont have to cancel for anything this time -.-;

EDIT!!!!

i just watched your match with PC Chris...

I am **** proud of you man. that was a GREAT match. you started of real strong and really controlled the better part of the match. and when you where down that stock you pulled it back real quick and held on till the very end.

Not a loss in my eyes. just a lesson.

toasty

Smash Hero
thanks! ^_^

I really couldn't have done ANYTHING without all of SoVa and a good amount of MD/VA backing me [LOL I had HOVA so you know that **** was loud hahaha]

and of course...I'd be nothing without my toaster ^_^ That **** worked wooonnnnders!!! Mindgamed so many people. You could tell who had no humor about it and how that reflected on how they view smash/tourneys...it was kind of a nice way to know who to bother talking to hahaha

ABOUT HI SCORE, I WILL POST LATER TONIGHT AFTER TALKING TO THE VENUE.

SlashTalon

Smash Ace
I take all credit with your victory vs Keitaro.

Keitaro said:
You actually did confuse the crap outta me when you said "hands off my bread" I was like "wtf?!!?", lol!!
And i swear the moment we stop killing eachother in teams=the moment we **** face! >:O

Great job everyone from SoVA, I think we rep'd quite nicely. Toasty that PC Chris match was sooooo yours, next time buddy. I'll have your back talking GOB sh*t the whole time at the next tourney

SlashTalon

Smash Ace
My own CP's continue to ruin my life in tourney...we picked Lugis and Rainbow cruise and I just randomly died due to the stupidest things =(

I WILL bring the chicken mask next time and well both taunt like the ***** of the rock!

RiKu.757

Smash Apprentice
Good Sh*t Toasty against PC. Just as O-No said, You're a winner in our eyes.

SlashTalon

Smash Ace
OH and before I forget I propose we make a new Crew...seeing as GC/DC has fallen apart

My suggestion will always be: The Empire
but, us SoVA guys would make a helluva crew:
Slash
Toasty
David BlackGuy
Dobee
Mashi
O-NO

Most likely Jeff too unless KF is still into Brawl...let alone him haha

dobee

Smash Apprentice
OH **** HOOKERS! Im there, son. But yeah good ish toasty fa real. Next time though, there will be more SoVA in the top, believe that. Im done with low tiers... i mean i like playing them, but its just too much work. Ima pick up some people like marth and falco... OH and i can make shirts for the crew son!

toasty

Smash Hero
I'm more than likely down for thursday unless I can call female-companionship-sans-soliciting Johns ^_^
I'm definitely down for this crew... haha are we going to steal the way those guys wrote it for MGO? E[\/]PIRE or something? that's epic by itself...but if we go another route, we should be The Magicians Alliance [for the wtf factor for people who haven't seen Arrested Development]

EDIT: wooow Dobee, you just did in 4 months what it took me like 1 1/2 years to do. good ****!

Also, everyone I play needs to remind me that I'm trying to learn Falco and Marth. They're both sooo sexy =D Slash, forreaaaalll you need to learn that SNAAAAKEEE

SlashTalon

Smash Ace
>_> Fine.

I'm down with either:

The E[V]PIRE
or
The Magician's Alliance

I think I am going to pick up Snake. God**** you both for wanting to steal my main tho =( haha **** THAT BRING IT AAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!

toasty

Smash Hero
Hi Score Gaming Presents: toasty(Toast) Presents: BRAWL VS. MELEE! July 12th!

haha, okay not really, but it's Melee and Brawl, DOUBLES AND SINGLES! Yes. 4 tournaments!!!!!! I know it's short "official" notice but I've been trying to plan this, the trip to Critical Hit, and then all the insanity that went on at my house so I was unable to really do official shiz early.

the venue:
1200 N Battlefield Blvd Chesapeake, VA 23320.

www.hiscoregaming.com

TIME: 12PM NOON REGISTRATION!!!!!! Get there earlier to hang out and help set up your systems that you're bringing.

Tourney STARTS 1PM SHARP.
Melee and Brawl tournaments will be run SIMULTANEOUSLY.
Meaning: Melee teams and Brawl teams will run at the same time. Melee singles and Brawl singles will run at the same time.

FEES:
Venue Fee $10
ALL TOURNAMENTS ARE $5 EACH.
PAYOUT IS 70/30, unless there is high attendance [40+] for a given tournament.
Best 2/3
Winners/Losers/Grand Finals are Best 3/5
Double Elimination

Melee: 4 Stock, 8 Minutes
Brawl: 3 Stock, 7 Minutes

TOASTY'S BRAWL STAGE LIST:

Neutrals:
Final Destination
Battlefield
Yoshi's Island (DS)
Smashville

Counterpicks:
-Lylat Cruise
-Halberd
-Frigate Orpheon
-Pokestadium 1
-Brinstar
-Delfino Plaza
-Castle Seige
-Rainbow Cruise
-Jungle Japes
-Luigi's Mansion
-Pictochat (we will take a vote at the beginning of the tournament from all attendants to determine if this stage will be legal for the tourney. NO debate, just voting.)

PLEEEEEEEASE!!!!!! WE NEED SETUPS. DESPERATELY.
We need as many Melee and Brawl setups as possible with all characters/legal stages.

Top Bottom