• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SOVA, ITS 2010! Step ya Melee game up baby! <3

rhan

Smash Hero
IV, Everyone knows your a good boy. No one would suspect you of anything.

Also Toasty, when do you think this tourney would be? Or is Hiscore going to tell you when you could set one up there?

[I'm just trying to get the info ahead of time cause I live waaaaaaaay deep in Gloucester...And I have almost no way of transportation if I ask around at the last moment.]

MaSHi

Smash Journeyman
tope tourney gonna be on the weekend of the 18-19th toast. lol so hmm. just letting you know =P. i hope it doesn't conflict with anything.

Shaeman111

Smash Ace
Serpent: whatever works for you man :)

Ether: wtf! I made over 2000 posts?! god****it. hahaha, way to squander your 1000th ;) at least you didn't promise people an awesome video thread that never happened :( I'll also take you up on your invite soon.

Also, I found my phone charger...

Trying to organize a tourney at Hi Score, just waiting to hear back from them now :)

MELEE WILL DEFINITELY BE GOING ON.

As for fests? who knows :(
Toasty is my love
my affection;
my everything.

I will never eat toast for breakfast again.

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
Okay just talked to HSG [well, got an email]:
no go on 18th weekend. Looks like the weekend after 4th of July is the way to go. Which day do you guys prefer? And do you want to do 7PM again? I will try to do this earlier if people want to do teams.

I WILL NEED SETUPS!!!!!!!!!

Ukiyasan

Smash Apprentice
I WANT TEAMS.... but I need a teammate >.<
Lucas is actually really good for teams. That will be good and I would prefer that friday or saturday.

Shaeman111

Smash Ace
hmm. i guess i'll need a brawl teammate too...
and will there be melee teams?
i'm sure we can head up there again.

Edit: wait i'm confused. the 11th of july weekend, or the 4th of july weekend?

Ukiyasan

Smash Apprentice
Ummm, just realized... you really should make it friday, because saturday and sunday is the Magic pre-release events at the Virginia Beach Convention Center... so you might lose a few people that play Smash to that... (I would still come out for tourney though...)

toasty

Smash Hero
And isn't Richmond over 20 min.s from ur place, Mashi?
You got the wrong guy.

I might just make it another Friday night thing. That seemed to go well for people :) it didn't completely destroy their weekend.

I'm looking at July 11th. 6PM start registration so that we can start the tourney by 7PM.

I STILL NEED THE OKAY FROM HI SCORE SO DON'T CHANGE YOUR PLANS JUST YET. JUST KEEP IT IN MIND.

Again, this will be $5 each [venue, all tournaments]

Is 70/30 pot split cool?
I didn't really hear complaints the last time...if there's a huge outcry for people wanting at least their money back if they get 3rd...then I'll consider changing it. Until then. It's 70/30 payout.

EDIT: IF we do this Saturday, the 12th, there's a possibility to make this an all day tournament so that we actually have TIME for Singles and Doubles. If it's a night-time tourney like it would be on friday, then ONLY Brawl/Melee singles.

dobee

Smash Apprentice
How bout this... If i get 3rd, then 3rd gets their money back. If I get 2nd then 70/30. If I get first, then 100/0. But 4th or lower? then I still get my money back for using falcon. No but im cool w/ 70/30. OH and Toasty you should give me a crash course on rob... I was playing with him yesterday and was having fun... not as fun as falcon but a character i could actually use w/o being bored lol

AlcyoNite

Smash Champion
You got the wrong guy.
Sou ka? Then who is the right guy?

...rob... I was playing with him yesterday and was having fun... not as fun as falcon but a character i could actually use w/o being bored lol
lol indeed. i didnt know that was possible.

EDIT: Go here:
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=178950

EDIT @ Shaeman's post just after mine for the sake of not making a bunch of posts:

No, my internet is not working. can u give me urs for a few dayz?

AlcyoNite

Smash Champion
haha yeah it's really difficult to get bored when you're a robot with so much **** heart and personality! It's like he's WALL-E's predecessor, or something.

btw, why hasn't SoVa seen this incredible film? ndn, MaSHi, and I were astonished...

@ IV: Jeff.....
Malco quoted Mashi saying that he wouldnt travel over 20 minutes again to another tourney.

Mashi responded to ur request for recommended dates for HiScore by saying that Tope would have a tourney in Richmond on a certain date.

I pointed out that Richmond is over 20 minutes away from [wherever Mashi lives in] SoVa, mockingly of course.

so, ?????????????

EDIT: i've been posting WAY too much, so i'm gonna go play Impulse on GH3 and rip it up

Shaeman111

Smash Ace
What incredible film?

Theo you're still not as good as me in GH3.
I know that was a challenge

AND UR NOT HERE. AFTER WTF EVER UR DOING FOR FLUTE FRENZEE UR GETTIN UR N00B *** HERE!!!!!

toasty

Smash Hero

dobee

Smash Apprentice
Not if you're going to make crazy a$$ bird calls like that lol. But yeah you can ride with me.

MaSHi

Smash Journeyman
somebody play me today. *cough*.

@toasty: sounds good i'm definitely in for that weekend <3
@Sman/IV: $mm gh3? =P
@slash: i know you're free don't you lie to me (if you are then j/k). get dobee (no choice). =]

Jeff.....

Smash Rookie
Mashi why you been ducking out on me lately? =[

Slash, where do you live? Bahahaha.....
I was planning on making a return, but then my car breaks down.....

In the shop till early tomorrow.

I need to play brawl. I think my toon link is in the ****ter and my marth now plays like melee marth.

Malco!!!

Smash Apprentice
Mashi why you been ducking out on me lately? =[

Slash, where do you live? Bahahaha.....
I was planning on making a return, but then my car breaks down.....

In the shop till early tomorrow.

I need to play brawl. I think my toon link is in the ****ter and my marth now plays like melee marth.
How much is all it costing cause frasier is cheating.

Jeff.....

Smash Rookie
How much is all it costing cause frasier is cheating.
about 550...but i don't know if its the same thing for you...

I had to get a bunch of stuff taken out and a bunch of stuff put in....

Got a free oil change though ^_^

toasty

Smash Hero
IMPORTANT UPDATE/?:

Hi Score says that if we do Friday night(July 11th), it will be $5 venue fee, but I think we can only do Melee Singles and Brawl Singles. No Teams.

If we do Saturday all day, July 12th, the venue fee will be higher [think $8-10..most likely 10], but we can do teams AND singles for both games. If I don't get enough support for the all-day saturday tourney by TONIGHT, then we're only doing singles on friday.

Payout will be 70/30. If entrants are over 40 people for a given tourney, then it's 60/30/10.

dobee

Smash Apprentice
All Day, Son. Oh, and is Karn gonna be at your house or do I have to pick him up from somewhere?

RiKu.757

Smash Apprentice
Friday or Saturday is fine for me. If it's on a Saturday, I'll be MIA more likely cuz i have something to do that day depending on the time.

Top Bottom