• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SOVA, ITS 2010! Step ya Melee game up baby! <3

Israfel

Smash Journeyman
Speaking of all this quitting, I wonder if I'll be going to any future smash tournaments. v_v I couldn't make the one today since I had family commitments, but really, I don't see much of a point in keeping up with either game. I'll keep playing melee for fun; brawl is ****ing trash. : /

SlashTalon

Smash Ace
Applaud this man!

=] Malco's a Monster.

Maybe if i could actually watch me play i might get back into it.....

But hey, no matches i've been in hit youtube =[
I saw MAlco at O-NOs awhile back.

and with the vids, im pissed cus my HD died.

If you noticed on my youtube there's a huge gap between like may 27 and june 16

Ether

Smash Ace
Lisa cleaned the apartment, so people can come over again (after like, a year). The only thing is I work a lot, so people may only be able to come over on Sundays and Mondays. Toasty, you can probably come whenever. . . >.>

I'll let you guys know when I throw something.

Ukiyasan

Smash Apprentice
Come on guys, I need to find some people to train with.... my scrubby friends (Nobody that is a tourney player that is) don't pose any challenge and thus my training against them is worthless. I've starting picking up Falco, Diddy, and MK because I've been so **** bored. Start telling me when you all do Smash training, cuz I'd be in for that.... considering having a line-up of TL, MK, Falco, Diddy, Lucas, and Marth...

Alot of characters, I know... but Diddy is a beast if you can keep the momentum of a battle in your favor, the second you lose it, it is hard to rebuild it. As for MK, the only reason I wanna use him is because I starting playing him for fun, and I realized why he has been winning tourneys. I've always used Lucas and Marth, and my TL is becoming halfway decent. Also, Falco is a fun character, and I've been learning to chaingrab with him some... so... I wanna train to see who I'm using next tourney I go to....

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
To everyone going in the CH3 caravan...I got scheduled for work on thursday but I got them to let me off early. No real time was decided but I'm sure I can leave work around 2:30...so prepare to be at my house at 3 PM. You can get stuff loaded/situated in my car while I get any last minute stuff ready that I may need to [like a quick shower so I don't smell like *** during the 4-5 hour ride].

Kadaj, please make sure all of the Hampton people are ready by no later than 3:20. Not just at your place. Ready to go.

Whodat: PM me directions to your place from 64 W, please.

Jeff..... : my Windows Movie Maker is having issues. I'm sorry I've neglected your videos. I'll be posting the toasty/Jwolf MM marathon shortly.

toasty

Smash Hero
the Brawl scene has a lot of people...the Melee scene had a lot of heart. Either way I'll still rep both. Sorry I couldn't make it for Melee. Obligations + distance :(

who won? Tope?

btw: Tope is a saint. Unless you're a ******** or if you're annoying. That man played a song for me so I could fall asleep...what a godd.amn sweetie.

Shaeman111

Smash Ace
Yeah thats something i'll HAVE to agree with
People vs Heart.
im pretty sure i know which one will come out in the end though =[
anyway, yeah tope won. i got second.

Also, I meant Tope was mean in the game!! I had to ban sheik!!
then he beat me with fox >.>
Yeah we had some fun times though.

Me and Tope vs Lv. 1 Luigi!!!
HELL YEA!!

Senko Zero

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4940-5527-1789
So people can't decide to stay between "Rushdown Fighter GC" or "You can actually play more sytles then Rushdown, but because the game system is f@cking ******** you're best off playing either Keep Away or Hit & Run Wii".

I swear it's like two versions of Pokemon or something....but whatever, I'm finding it hard pressed to keep playing myself.

D0N

Smash Ace
Kadaj: Are You gonna be playing today or tomorow? Me and the other guy I came with last time are looking for some others to play with today.

SlashTalon

Smash Ace
Toasty your phone dead?

Anyway, I'll be at your place at 3. I dont have Serpent's numba anymore (new phone...again) so I hope you can get a hold of him asap

Ether

Smash Ace
Well thanks for the few who played melee at the tourney.
Brawl is ruining everyone's lives.
Tope is mean btw.
I think Tope has his own way of pushing people to get better.

Things that Tope has done to improve me include:

* Yelling, "You're wrong, Ether!" after I incorrectly guessed his counterpick against SavEdge.

* Aggressively waking everyone up for C3, and declining my wish for five minutes of extra sleep.

* Sandbagging in my first set against him.

* Gimping/intelligently destroying my Fox at Descendency.

* Floating as Peach, and watching me helplessly try to hit him and miss, only to tell me, "Just tilt." (I was Sheik)

So I mean, yeah. >.>

O-NO, let's hang out sometime. I got some issues that I need you to snap me out of. <_<

edit - wtf, I have over 1000 posts?

Serpent

Smash Apprentice
Toasty: since I don't have my own car anymore, I'm going to have my mom drop me off at your house on Thursday. What time would be good/best? I think you said you were leaving at 3:00, but anytime is good for me. And I'm also on AIM a lot.

Also, my number is 581-6545 if you need to get in touch.

AlcyoNite

Smash Champion
I think Tope has his own way of pushing people to get better.

Things that Tope has done to improve me include:

* Yelling, "You're wrong, Ether!" after I incorrectly guessed his counterpick against SavEdge.

* Aggressively waking everyone up for C3, and declining my wish for five minutes of extra sleep.

* Sandbagging in my first set against him.

* Gimping/intelligently destroying my Fox at Descendency.

* Floating as Peach, and watching me helplessly try to hit him and miss, only to tell me, "Just tilt." (I was Sheik)

So I mean, yeah. >.>

O-NO, let's hang out sometime. I got some issues that I need you to snap me out of. <_<

edit - wtf, I have over 1000 posts?
I find that as a consistency among the better players. It's comforting...i guess. Ether, we should play.

When is the next major SoVa event? and that's a serious question. I can host things, but not many are willing to come out to teh Burg for their every fix of Smash. Can we work on something in teh Newz?

toasty

Smash Hero
Serpent: whatever works for you man :)

Ether: wtf! I made over 2000 posts?! god****it. hahaha, way to squander your 1000th ;) at least you didn't promise people an awesome video thread that never happened :( I'll also take you up on your invite soon.

Also, I found my phone charger...

Trying to organize a tourney at Hi Score, just waiting to hear back from them now :)

MELEE WILL DEFINITELY BE GOING ON.

As for fests? who knows :(

AlcyoNite

Smash Champion
Serpent: whatever works for you man :)

Ether: wtf! I made over 2000 posts?! god****it. hahaha, way to squander your 1000th ;) at least you didn't promise people an awesome video thread that never happened :( I'll also take you up on your invite soon.

Also, I found my phone charger...

Trying to organize a tourney at Hi Score, just waiting to hear back from them now :)

MELEE WILL DEFINITELY BE GOING ON.

As for fests? who knows :(
speaking of hi-score, did any1 return that ps3? I need to know how unconfortable to feel around their property if I attend one of the events there. I'm very cautious about even being potentially suspected of doing anything to question my integrity around people who don't know me. I guess I'm self-conscious...

toasty

Smash Hero
no. but you should really be fine. Don't worry so much. It comes off the wrong way. [not that you worry about being suspected of anything in this thread, but the excessive worrisomeness comes off in your posts] I'm sure you're a smart and nice kid...and you wouldn't steal anything. So there's not thing to worry about, right? HSG is an extremely chill place.

Top Bottom