• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SOVA, ITS 2010! Step ya Melee game up baby! <3

Jeff.....

Smash Rookie
Im touched I'm even included possibly...

After talking to malco i've been told that KF is melee only...

So I'm Down to join this new crew ^_^

Also, running both melee and brawl going at the same time is sure to mess up people, but its all good.

Hopefully my melee partner can come since my brawl partner no longer associates himself with me =[

rhan

Smash Hero
If I come, I could bring a Cube and Melee. But the TV is another story...

Also, I'm all in for the 64 side tourney. ^_^

Malco!!!

Smash Apprentice
Most likely Jeff too unless KF is still into Brawl...let alone him haha
Envy quit, Batman quit, I think oro? still plays game battles don't know about tourneys, and I play melee but would play brawl but just not pay to play.

Melee for life!!! :]

After talking to malco i've been told that KF is melee only...

So I'm Down to join this new crew ^_^

Hopefully my melee partner can come since my brawl partner no longer associates himself with me =[

Batman and I are the only members that still party with melee!
You traitor...:embarrass
Yeah I got you for melee teams!! Alot of you guys will get treated like sluts that day :]

D0N

Smash Ace
My partner for saturday decided hes not goin anymore but i still am. ill bring a wii too.

And I might try to go to O-NO's on thursday if thats cool. I really want to play before the tourney so ill make the trip there.

Jeff.....

Smash Rookie
Batman and I are the only members that still party with melee!
You traitor...:embarrass
Yeah I got you for melee teams!! Alot of you guys will get treated like sluts that day :]

wow really malco? You of all people should know that i play melee, i just dont go to drews house and play with you guys =]

Guarenteed we are top 3 in teams

*high five*

Serpent

Smash Apprentice
I'm entering all 4 tournies and 64 if that is played (please use competitive 64 rules). Can also bring Wii, Cube, component cables for Wii, one TV, and a mini TV for friendlies (it's not that small, but too small for tourney matches IMO). On the Hiscore site it says Brawl is $10 for singles and teams, wtf. I hope that isn't true, and if it is I'm totally against that. Since they don't get the money for games (just venue), I vote for $5.

Also, Critical Hit was awesome. I learned a lot of stuff by playing against different styles, talking to people, and watching matches (learned some tricks, mind games, and things about G&W from Velocity). So many great matches went down. I had a great time with everyone who stayed at JCaesar's, glad I got to know you guys better. Too bad I'm heading to FL for college, but I'm going to take over the Florida scene, just watch. :)

Biggest accomplishments: I beat Mew2King's Metaknight with Game and Watch when I got him down to one stock and he SD'd off the edge. He wasn't playing his best, but still makes me happy. :) I also only got one stocked with very high damage (over 120) by Cort's Snake, but got ***** when he switched to MK. I need to play against more **** Metaknights, or get my Snake better so I can counter pick that...

Sorry for wall-of-text.

Malco!!!

Smash Apprentice
wow really malco? You of all people should know that i play melee, i just dont go to drews house and play with you guys =]

*high five*
The keyword in my post was "party" when was your last melee tourny?:embarrass

But yes top 3 son!!

rhan

Smash Hero
Jeff..... said:
Malco!!! said:
...yes top 3 son!!
Hate to burst ya bubble but...

Top three already has our names on it.

Rhan and Shaeman! ;D

( Assuming that Shaeman would want to be on my team... :< )

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
lol I wish it was 7 hours...that would have been amazing.

It was 11 PM and I left Newport News to go home and catch up on sleep that I missed between wednesday and sunday due to smash/vids/Critical Hit

And then there was dead stop traffic on 64 East. I was at the last possible exit before the tunnel when Kadaj calls me. After some unrelated talk I randomly decide to drop by since he is about 5 minutes from where I was going to be stuck for an hour or two, easily.

4 hours later, toasty is driving and falling asleep and almost getting into accidents :(

BUT IT WAS WORTH IT [well.......okay that's ********. I have to be more careful and actually get rest, this was very unhealthy, despite how informative and helpful it was]

Slash: erm..........we need to talk, honey >_>

toasty

Smash Hero
would people rather do one game at a time??? I just figured it would save time since every attendant isn't going to play both games >_> I'll probably keep it the same as it is...

also, yes it's 5 dollars for each tourney, that's my call not theirs. I will look into what they are saying publicly to correct it, thanks for the heads up.

D0N

Smash Ace
Ok, I wont be able to go anywhere thursday because i gotta work, but if anything is happening today ill play. Anybody wanna brawl today?

toasty

Smash Hero
Pools? dear god no. That will take so long and I doubt we would have enough setups to make it run fast.

IF YOU OWN A WII/BRAWL, BRING IT TO THE VENUE. IF YOU CAN'T MAKE IT, LET YOUR CREWMATE TAKE THE WII TO THE TOURNEY! We need as many as possible to run Melee and Brawl. If you own Melee, bring the game PLEASE. Even if you're not entering, just bring it to the tourney ^_^

ZOMG THIS INCLUDES TVs

Ukiyasan

Smash Apprentice
Ok, well... I still will need a ride... I'll pay some gas money and even pay venue fee for a person... I just really wanna go so I can have fun as well as assist in running the tourneys like last time.

Edit: I might... MIGHT throw in pay for one tourney too ^_^ (especially if its toasty)

D0N

Smash Ace
We need tvs too? i thought we use theirs? well i doubt that i can get a tv but a wii is assured.

Uki: If your house is easy to find i guess i can pick u up without fully taking advantage of your desperation. ill probly just make you pay gas

Ukiyasan

Smash Apprentice
We need tvs too? i thought we use theirs? well i doubt that i can get a tv but a wii is assured.

Uki: If your house is easy to find i guess i can pick u up without fully taking advantage of your desperation. ill probly just make you pay gas
Thanks D0N.. and yeah, its just off of 64East... @ Northampton Blvd

royboy850

Smash Apprentice
lol man im missing out on so much

first: toasty that really was an ace match. clutch nairs though im sure you've noticed by now that there were no "destaling" moves in between. that dtilt worked fine barring the fact that PC haxed and it didnt trip him. but seriously even though you were hovering in RETARDEDLY DANGEROUS positions, you pretty much hit him 100% with the falling nairs. good ****. and i saw that turn around gyro near the beginning of the match =] btw when he DI'ed out of your dsmash in the last seconds that broke my heart D:

second: whats with you people not sticking it to your characters? i wanted to CF mm dobee and Ike mm sen. wth guys? AND NO MORE SNAKES/FALCOS/MARTHS DAMMIT. who else was annoyed that the top CH3 10 had 3 MKs and 3 snakes >_>

also: i woke up yesterday to find that my house no longer has tv, phone, or internet. dic't T_T

toasty

Smash Hero
who else was annoyed that the top CH3 10 had 3 MKs and 3 snakes >_>
not me! ^_^.......................................wait.

hah the main reason Slash needs to play Snake is because he's such an MGS head and he was basically #1 in the WORLD at Metal Gear Online ^_^

Falco feels so fun [lmao, last night Killz was like "what??? no lasers???"] which is why I'm going to learn him and Marth is a rapist. when played RIGHT it's a thing of beauty. You don't even have to spam sideB or fair

Also: thanks man. I really really wanted to beat him. When he was at 150, last stock I thought "OMFG. AM I ABOUT TO BEAT PC CHRIS IN A TOURNAMENT MATCH?!?!?!?!!!" and then I cried when he DIed out of the dsmash.

Sad Face @ your telecommunications situation

come back to SoVa, plz >_<

toasty

Smash Hero
Oh ****

I could be that partner O-NO i got ten time better ask jason
10x better since the last time WE played???????????????? *hands CDot $5*
wtf have you been doing? also: I met God Is My Rock...didn't get a chance to play him though >_>

yayuhhhhzzz I'll see you saturday?

What a perfect sig. For real. I mean, lookit that join date/post count combination!

Cdot757

Smash Rookie
lol i never needed to talk on the boards till now cause I cant find people to play anymore

I've been home for three weeks and only played melee once with kitsuneking. If anyone want 1v1 wants anytime this week for hi score or just in general hit me up

o yeah i guess in brawl too

dobee

Smash Apprentice
Oh don't get me wrong boos, ima still play the **** outta cf and ganon, there just gonna be secondaries and not mains... they'll be my counterpicks lol. I just can't be using them at big tourneys like CH3 because it's just impossible to win with them.. (even though i beat plank w/ ganon on japes son! lol) But yeah i just need a character to be in that top tier. So yeah, mm still on son!

Edit: I mean you could teach me wario and we can have like the wario bros. team or somethin lol.

rhan

Smash Hero
Malco!!! said:
We can still both be in top 3.
Nut uh! We take up all three spots! D:<

Lol jk

Shaeman you talked to Kyle yet? Pitzer also needs a ride....See if he can jump in the car too. I can contibute gas money. <.<

EDIT: Scratch that. I already talked to Kyle. He couldn't get a ride. :' (
But good news. I can. Grandma will take me and a few others. Only thing is that she'll want gas money. :/

Top Bottom