• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SOVA, ITS 2010! Step ya Melee game up baby! <3

D0N

Smash Ace
I mean as much as I love it I need time to hone in on my brawl skills and work out minor flaws in my technique that's all also ether here's my number call me whenever you want to play my house is always open my #s 757 240 6229
I"d love 2 come 2 o-no's but I don't have a ride :(
Your in hampton right? I dont mind stopping by if you can help out a little, like 5$, for gas.

Edit: Yea nevermind that. I thought you meant you could make the tourney. My fault for not reading enough of what was posted.

RiKu.757

Smash Apprentice
Sux that u were stuck at work Ether.
O-No, next time we need to start CvS 2 or Super Turbo right away.

Senko Zero

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4940-5527-1789
TBFN will be there tomorrow, with Whodat, myself and the return of DRAGONCHARLZ. We may be there early, with a set-up as usual.

J TYME!!

Smash Journeyman
Anyone want to play in Richmond today?? I would go to the CheezyPeezy tournament but its kinda far, and no one from Richmond is going it seems.

Jinmaster.

SlashTalon

Smash Ace
So this may seem like it came out of nowhere...but I'm desperate:
I think many got that mixed up mainly because we moved the Loser's Final, Winner's Final, and Grand Finals of the main tourney to the T-dome... so people probably assumed that if they were covered for the tourney, they were covered there too. We definitely need to get Slash covered for being so kind to host the Finals at his place...

Edit: I know I still owe the fee... I'll get it to Slash next time I see him (even though I left as soon as Finals finished)

Uki, If you're still down for reimbursing me i'm down for accepting =D But in all seriousness my money is tight and if youre able to pay my tourney fee at high score, I'll be able to give you a ride there. Does this request of deal making and extortion sound good?

O-NO

Smash Journeyman
Vallejo CA! (for lowlifes that dont know) Teh Bea
d@mn ETHER!, i said CALL ME, lol

i was at work too. i was gonna come get you right from work and go to my place. my gf had her lap top so i couldent check the boards. V.V

oh well. another time i suppose.

jinmasta, you should hit up tope, he lives right next to VCU and is usually down to smash. your still new to the game and he can teach you alot in a short time.

besides, you dont need to know much to learn brawl.

J TYME!!

Smash Journeyman
**** you

jinmasta, you should hit up tope, he lives right next to VCU and is usually down to smash. your still new to the game and he can teach you alot in a short time.

besides, you dont need to know much to learn brawl.

I've been hooking up with Tope, however he has been busy this past week with school and work. I doubt that he will be going to this today. We are going to C3 tomorrow however. Is anyone from SoVa going tomorrow?

I want to host a gathering in Richmond next Saturday. Is anyone interested from SoVa to come up? I'm dying to play all you guys and test myself. I have a decent house, and a good amount of people are welcome (10-16 people)

Let me know if you are interested, and I can make it happen.

Jinmaster.

O-NO

Smash Journeyman
id be down but the next saturday im off work is looking like the 7th of july i think it is.

aside from that i may be free for the better part of next week, mon - thurs.

as for the tourney today, everyone be sure to bring a FULL set up (with tv) if you can. melee also if you have it. id like to run this tourney as fast as i can.

Ukiyasan

Smash Apprentice
I don't have any setups to bring, but I know Slash and I will both be there. He's picking me up for this and I'm hoping that I do better this time then my scruby time at the Gusto's tourney

CStick

Smash Lord
how long will the tourney prolly go? And when will melee possibly start?

I gotta work tonight and have a feeling it'll be too late by time I get off.

MaSHi

Smash Journeyman
both tournies start at 7 =P. iono when it'll end. uhh i'll bring my wii+brawl+melee no TV but i'll bring it anyways just in case =P.

MaSHi

Smash Journeyman
i'm playing in bothhhhhhhhhhh. scareddddd? j/k rofl. but yeah i'm planning to at least win some money from one of the two tournies. cough. =]

Ether

Smash Ace
I really, really want to go, but I'm just too lazy to get out there. Are these weekly? If so, I'm off next Friday, so I could make it.

Kadaj - Man, I know what you mean; it's like the movie Hero with the water and swords and stuff...it's one reason I play sword characters. I told Lozr's crew this, and they said I watch too much t.v....lol

O-NO - Yeah, you did say call, my bad. But yeah, next time.

Riku - I'm free Saturday after 3 and all of Sunday.

Is J-TYME mocking Chu Dat's sig?? That's so ****.

One more stupid question - Who's TBFN? A crew? What do the letters stand for?

IrArby

Smash Ace
I'll be bring one decent sized tv Wii with fully unlocked Brawl and a GC. Sorry component cables aint cheap so I didn't buy none. See everyone there

RiKu.757

Smash Apprentice
Ether, u tryin to play Sunday?
BTW the first time i met LoZR's crew they were all carrying toy swords with them.

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
DOUBLE MOTHER****ING POST. *puts on protective butter*

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=4749147#post4749147

Results.

Enjoy =D

EDIT:

Just be glad my friendly Falco > my Tourney Falco >:O
QFT! You'll get there, mang. I'll just have to step it up so that luck won't be a factor =D

O-NO...it's cool man. Think about it this way: You used to LIVE with BlackheartLee. That man was like the ultimate AI to play against day in and day out. There was a reason you were amazing. Now? He's gone. You have no one of that caliber to train with. And thus, you don't venture out to train much as you also don't have the time nowadays. So don't give yourself so much **** :) You're my hero...and one of the big contributing factors to me maining Fox from now on.

Btw? I believe I earned my Pimp color Fox back last night XD

O-NO

Smash Journeyman
take it, i quit melee.

i simply dot have time to try and be pro at all the games id like to.

CVS2, 3S, Brawl. these are my tourney games.

there are to many games i love to play, but if i spread my time to far between them ill never win at any one of them. when i learned 3s i diddent ply CVS2 at all for like 3 years. now i have to re-learn it.

so from now on, the only fighters im going to play are ones i play in tourney. everything else is just casual.
i mean, i still play DDR and IIDX for my music game fix and Maple story for MMORPG. not to mention MGS4 and DMC4. or CoD4 and Halo3 when i feel like shooting people.

to many games and not enough time. thats not even counting working 2 jobs, and spending time with my g/f. placing as high as i do in any game with the amount of practice time i DONT get is an amazing feat in it self. i mean, i ALMOST took toasty out of brawl using D3, who ive NEVER played before, even in casual matches. i beat Nava, who plays with Chillin when hes at Tech for school. Sheman KNOWS my lose came from my own **** ups. Destroyed his falco in our first match only to follow up by handing him the rest of the set via missing every chance to punish him.

Why?

lack of practice or even casual play for that matter. i SD just about EVERY match i played in brawl and still just barely lost.

so, ill say it again. i quit melee. for now on im only going to play casuals in every fighting game aside from 3s, cvs2, and brawl.

theres just not enough time in the day for me to be good at every game i love.

Top Bottom