• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SOVA, ITS 2010! Step ya Melee game up baby! <3

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
Uki, if no one else lives near you (Slash moved), I can probably give you a ride...gas money would be greatly appreciated
I filled up my gas tank the other day...............and it cost $70. WT****ingF
Man...I remember like 5 years ago it cost 20 bucks or less to FILL UP :( :( :(

Shaeman111

Smash Ace
Oh hell no >_>
why does my city have all the boring **** lol.
malco we need sum more 1v1's lol

O-NO
I want some casuals before hi score tourney starts!!!!!!!

toasty

Smash Hero
why? O-NO is trash >_>'
lolllll jk man...more dollar sets!!! I don't think I'm going to use Pika at all in Brawl so that means I'll keep him fresh in Melee :) Except he'll be my counterpick char...no longer a low-tier main. I aim to take your money and all the ****ing titles Ether never shows up to take =D

Shaeman111

Smash Ace
lol no toasty YOU'RE trash for giving up hope in what u worked for years >_>
low tier is beautiful.
i'll be sure whoever ur using as a higher tier will be 4 stocked.

Jeff.....

Smash Rookie
@Jeff & Mashi: I'll consider the Marth Ditto MMs.... just let me think about it some.

As for Hi Score this friday, I'm gonna need a ride... if anyone is willing to give me a ride, I'll throw in some cash for gas money.
nvm, it was only cool when i was the only one.

toasty

Smash Hero
lol no toasty YOU'RE trash for giving up hope in what u worked for years >_>
low tier is beautiful.
i'll be sure whoever ur using as a higher tier will be 4 stocked.

hmmm..I might as well rant about this.
yeah it's all beautiful and **** until you start losing consistently to lesser skilled players ONLY because of a matchup advantage. It's worse when you lose in tournament to said lesser skilled players. It' beyond worse when they turn to you with this smirk of "wow...I just beat toasty in tourney...finally! man..I must be getting pretty good.".

**** that.

Also, it's hard to realize my smash potential as a low tier player when the only people who have proven able to do that have been playing as low tiers competitively since the game came out, and they would get to practice these low tiers against the higher tiers of Chu, Chillin, Azen [Chu and Azen would be the low-tier users...mostly Chu]...but I'm not trying to do this for the next 5 years in order to catch up. I'm a much better player than my placings in Melee tournaments. Sure, my higher tiers aren't that great right now, but if I can bring them back up to my prime...I'll be able to find out if I can actually beat Ether or not without him sandbagging...I'll actually be able to do well in bigger Melee tournaments.

I don't know. I think I'm just tired of losing simply because I choose a ****ty character. Playing Ness at a level where I can compete with top tiers nearly gives me a stroke. That **** is sooo stressful. I could be playing against someone ****ty but because they're using Sheik I have to play at the stress/effort level a good top tier user would have to endure against Korean DJ or some ****.

Ukiyasan

Smash Apprentice
@Toasty: Thanks, that ride would be greatly appreciated. Just tell me what time you wanna go and I'll be ready.

@jeff: Ok then, we can do the TL ditto MM... I like playin ya, and if it means I can win or lose a few bucks to learn how to improve my TL... so be it.

toasty

Smash Hero
That pisses me off almost as much as the comment you left on the It's a trap! video, lmao
I can't believe I even helped you yesterday!

ughhhh your parents live so far away :( Esp compared to before. But hey you live pretty close to O-NO now...so...um...wait, this should be directed at O-NO....hosties? pleeeeaaaase?

Also...a certain someone needs to clean their apartment so I can come over :)

Shaeman111

Smash Ace
lol so what, it's about proving yourself to be better by using a better ranked character?
whatever u want man, ill give you a reason to keep playing lower tier =D
i just gota think of one....
i honestly dont know why i still main link.....
but i gots mah falcozors so idc ;)
it balances out.

toasty

Smash Hero
it's not about "proving" myself [and no I'm not arguing, just explaining for anyone who cares...not you Shaeman. I don't quite care what you think about my choices...I just feel the topic is worth elaborating on, and putting this into words helps put things into perspective for me :)]...it's about getting better at the game. While maining low tiers taught me incredible smash lessons and good habits, low-tiers don't have the potential to take advantage of every situation that higher tier characters can capitalize on. What I mean is, no matter how fast my Ness is, I could NEVER combo someone or control the stage as well/quickly as my Fox can. I learned better applications for the mindgames my low tiers forced me to learn. I can always make my Fox better and it will invariably yield better results. *broken record* tiers exist for a reason, and no matter how much better my Ness/Pikachu get, there IS a near plateau in the Time invested / Results yielded graph. It would take years more of experience to make up for those character deficiencies. Even then, I'll still be behind. The metagame continues to evolve. I simply started too late.

Shaeman111

Smash Ace
I know, Toasty. You just do your thing.
But it's all so sad, the metagame's saddening.
i guess we all gota move on sometime >_>
melee's a soap opera
listen to us lol

Edit: Oh btw, Toast, i need some fox v link practice.
so would this be a good opportunity or..... what?
you get shine combo practiceee!!

_Kadaj_

Smash Hero
Throw that P***y at me? B***h I think Im Babe Ruth
I say melee is over its time for brawl and when the world of sova realizes this and play to actually be good at the game we will all be a lot better off I mean look at japan see what they are doing in brawl already and the metagames in brawl haven't even began to evolve yet! Why are they playing so good some may ask. The answer is because they let melee r.i.p. And gave brawl a chance

And this is exactly what we need 2 do
Some people say it takes no skill to be good at brawl but that's only an excuse for people who don't take time 2 actually be good at a NEW! Game

Shaeman111

Smash Ace
I say such a brilliant game should NOT go to waste just because a new game came out.
ESPECIALLY Melee??
Isn't melee the reason all of us are here? Was the game design that perfect?
I mean, sure, brawl may have some good aspects,
but why QUIT melee because brawl's a new game?
Give brawl a chance is okay, but kill melee and ur killing the exitement and speed.
Brawl's a very different game. Good or not, don't let it decide wether you play melee or not.

toasty

Smash Hero
Kadaj made sense in a post!!!

hooray!

lmao, <3 you and your ******* *** Marth >_<

<3 Melee forever though...but I am investing whatever "training" time I have to Brawl, unless the majority of people there want to play Melee =D

Critical Hit 3 will be amazing. I can't wait.

I wish we lived closer to MD :( Then we could make it for the upcoming *Pound* Bi-weeklies that hopefully start after CH3

O-NO

Smash Journeyman
Vallejo CA! (for lowlifes that dont know) Teh Bea
Sorry for being MIA for so long, ive had a busy few weeks.

NOW, as far as this friday thing goes, ill be running melee and brawl. they will both have to be done at the same time. ill have someone helping me run the melee brackets but the rles are the same as always.

at the tourney i plan to get with the owners to discuss the next date and time for the next lock in as well as the security issues.

ive just got in a few hours of practice in brawl this past weekend while i was at AMA. i cant wait to see how far i make it in this tourney with my limited knowledge and skill in this game.

MaSHi

Smash Journeyman
=]]]]]]]]] i'm not sad. i like playing higher tier characters. kudos to toasty for making the big change.

Tope

BRoomer
BRoomer
I don't like waveshining.

Toasty I feel you on the low tier. I was maining pikachu for a good string of tournaments a while back. **** sucked.

Ether

Smash Ace
Toasty makes worthwhile posts.

Apartment cleaning starts today (hopefully).

Also, I saw The Happening. Half funny, less than half scary. It was so-so, you know?

toasty

Smash Hero
Toasty makes worthwhile posts.

Apartment cleaning starts today (hopefully).
Thanks..and..........awesome =D

Also, I saw The Happening. Half funny, less than half scary. It was so-so, you know?
see what most of SoVa does NOT know is that Ether is one of the nicest people they will ever meet...so this review translates to:

Do not waste your ****ing time, air, and money on this movie. It's as trash as SoVa's Melee scene...and we all know how that went.

That's just my theory since I didn't see the movie but I know the plot. I'm pretty sure whatever portion of America that was subjected to its bull**** excuse for a storyline in the last week has collectively intellectually devolved.

toasty

Smash Hero
Oh...I thought you were going to work in a PSP joke somewhere >_>

like, you prep for your tourney match by being engrossed in Puzzle Fighter or Lumines on your PSP...look up only to whoop their monkeyass, and instead of reveling in your victory, treat a competitive match against their pathetic self as an unwelcomed distraction from your hand held recreational puzzle game which was far worthier of your time/effort

...unless you go up against J.Wong or something...in which case you just have Goatse.cx uploaded on your PSP and ask him to hold it while you plug in your sticks.

Wiggles

Smash Cadet
Thanks..and..........awesome =D

see what most of SoVa does NOT know is that Ether is one of the nicest people they will ever meet...so this review translates to:

Do not waste your ****ing time, air, and money on this movie. It's as trash as SoVa's Melee scene...and we all know how that went.

That's just my theory since I didn't see the movie but I know the plot. I'm pretty sure whatever portion of America that was subjected to its bull**** excuse for a storyline in the last week has collectively intellectually devolved.

Since I also saw the movie, I'll go ahead and say what Ether didn't have the heart to say.

The movie was bull****.

Some parts where funny, but not intentionally so.

The only redeeming factor was Mark MuhFuggin Wahlberg.

The idea for the movie was great, but once again, M. Night Shamahoweveryouspellhisname failed by writing such a strict script. It had Mark Wahlberg and John Leguizamo, two great actors, but somehow; The acting was horrid.

M. Night is known for being very strict with his scripts, so the actors couldn't be creative, ending in a ****ty movie that tarnishes the name of two amazing actors.

toasty

Smash Hero
A REMINDER!!!!

CRITICAL HIT 3 IS ALMOST HERE!!!
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=167178

^there's the thread with ALL of the info you could possibly need.

My car and Dobee's car = Already full. (If you think you're riding with us but didn't talk to either of us in the last day or two, chances are you're mistaken. doubt anyone was mislead, just making sure)
The place where we've got housing? Already full.
Send a PM to Plairnkk for housing [he's having a huge fest the night before and lives like 30-40 minutes away from the venue and is welcoming all OoS(out of state) kids]

I'm not trying to coordinate another grand SoVa migration. This post should be satisfactory. Handle your **** and step it up...CH3 should be amazing =D

Also: it's $40, not $45 like originally projected.

_Kadaj_

Smash Hero
Throw that P***y at me? B***h I think Im Babe Ruth
A REMINDER!!!!

CRITICAL HIT 3 IS ALMOST HERE!!!
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=167178

^there's the thread with ALL of the info you could possibly need.

My car and Dobee's car = Already full. (If you think you're riding with us but didn't talk to either of us in the last day or two, chances are you're mistaken. doubt anyone was mislead, just making sure)
The place where we've got housing? Already full.
Send a PM to Plairnkk for housing [he's having a huge fest the night before and lives like 30-40 minutes away from the venue and is welcoming all OoS(out of state) kids]

I'm not trying to coordinate another grand SoVa migration. This post should be satisfactory. Handle your **** and step it up...CH3 should be amazing =D

Also: it's $40, not $45 like originally projected.
Just 2 clarify me and famus are riding with dobee correct?

Jeff.....

Smash Rookie
The smash community is slowly going away =[

Nothing really going on, no where to smash anymore =[

Top Bottom