• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SOVA, ITS 2010! Step ya Melee game up baby! <3

Israfel

Smash Journeyman
Who knows. >_< It's a bit difficult since I can't drive lol. But I'm certainly open to taking a bus down sometime of someone could pick me up. I'll have to talk to cyrain about it and plan something. Sadly I'm ill at the moment, so I doubt that I'd be doing anything in the very near future. I definitely want to come down sometime for melee/brawl/third strike/whatever. SoVa is too good.

O-NO

Smash Journeyman
Vallejo CA! (for lowlifes that dont know) Teh Bea
did someone say 3rd strike money match?

Toasty, ill fix it to say something, but the fact that i changed it JUST so you could cancel like 2 posts later gives you at least a few day fail penalty ^.^

i really wish there was something in brawl that seemed like and advanced form of movement that MATTERS.
this game really just makes me feel like a nooblet every time i play. i feal like i should be doing something better or faster but the fact is theres just NOTHING to it so far. and for the love of ANYTHING....random tripping......gawd....

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
hahaha, I totally understand and accept that >_>
btw, anyone decent enough at photoshop to make a simple e-flyer for this? My boss wanted one so he could post on MySpace and other **** to get more people to come. I have a logo and another picture I could send you that he would like on there.

Israfel

Smash Journeyman
Lol, I haven't played third strike in forever, so I'm certainly in no condition to money match anyone. I dislike money matches anyways, ever since I lost money playing poker in England when I was like 12, I've been kinda adverse to betting. >_> I'd love to play friendlies though lol. I will make an exception for melee though. If anyone wants to moneymatch my peach on final destination with metal boxes turned on very high, I'd be glad to beat you with a 1-2 stock disadvantage. :D

@ toasty: My skills in photoshop are mediocre, but I could certainly give it a shot. Just send me whatever pictures/information you would like included on it to my email at multani42@hotmail.com Oh, I guess the size of the flyer I should be aiming for would be helpful too. I don't have a myspizzle so I don't know what I'd be aiming for lol.

Senko Zero

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4940-5527-1789
Well, even though there seems to be a grand resentment for Brawl around here, TBFN is sponsering a Brawl Tourny on Sunday April 13th at Play Around Golf Games in Newport News.
It's a new game that many people are already have a negetive view for compared to Melee, and the main way to test it would be through a tournement scene...so...here we are...

Not trying to thread hijack, simply to post a note on here before the official thread comes up as I lack most of the specifics myself other then more games will be hosted on the same day. Tekken and 3S for sure....past that I don't know.

toasty

Smash Hero
Omfg Toasty Fails Again.

OKAY so originally the link at the bottom was posted because Newport News was throwing a Brawl tourney before my rescheduled one...oh well. but now? Well I mentioned auditions earlier. And I got in. The problem? The last saturday show, which I knew would be the 19th (at NIGHT).......................has a matinee showing during the day. Seeing as how I can DEFINITELY reschedule THIS one for the 26th but I most definitely cannot reschedule theatre performances, I took it up anyway.

toasty fails once again :(
you guys can choose to ignore me if you like since I keep postponing **** :( I just feel like a *******. Sorry again............................but come see the show? haha =D

>_>

just click below to see how I feel.

gooooodddaaammmmniiiiit

Serpent

Smash Apprentice
About the Newport News tournament: what are the rules? I'm sick of going to scrubby timed item tournaments.

OKAY so originally the link at the bottom was posted because Newport News was throwing a Brawl tourney before my rescheduled one...oh well. but now? Well I mentioned auditions earlier. And I got in. The problem? The last saturday show, which I knew would be the 19th (at NIGHT).......................has a matinee showing during the day. Seeing as how I can DEFINITELY reschedule THIS one for the 26th but I most definitely cannot reschedule theatre performances, I took it up anyway.

toasty fails once again :(
you guys can choose to ignore me if you like since I keep postponing **** :( I just feel like a *******. Sorry again............................but come see the show? haha =D

>_>

just click below to see how I feel.

gooooodddaaammmmniiiiit
Don't feel bad, you're doing us the favor. Congrats on the audition. I'm happy about the delay as I'd be out of town for the previously scheduled event. It better kick *** though. :)

I would have done a small tournament over my Spring break, but since my parents are out of town I had to keep it to just a people I know party. Sorry guys. Kind of ironic that I couldn't throw a party because my parents are out of town. I just need my parents trusting me until I go off to college in August.

whodat

Smash Apprentice
Please believe that this will not be the scrubby item and time matches that other people are throwing. To me those look ******** as hell. In any case I will make another thread soon to post about the tourney as far as rules and such. I'm tired now and don't really feel like doing it.

SpeedYoshi

Smash Journeyman
Serpent- what? this is the time when you cash in all that hard earned trust that you worked for all your life.. like the summer before i went to college i got into a car wreck, got a ticket, and got arrested for tresspassing

O-NO

Smash Journeyman
Please believe that this will not be the scrubby item and time matches that other people are throwing. To me those look ******** as hell. In any case I will make another thread soon to post about the tourney as far as rules and such. I'm tired now and don't really feel like doing it.
Its been to long since ive got to chill with you guys. i may come up there the day before to practice with you guys if thats cool? perhaps i could stay at mikes (sen)?

Serpent- what? this is the time when you cash in all that hard earned trust that you worked for all your life.. like the summer before i went to college i got into a car wreck, got a ticket, and got arrested for tresspassing
GOOD ****!!! *HIGH FIVE*

CStick

Smash Lord
SPD speaks the truth, and you don't even need to go away to college. I'm at TCC, and I went from never getting in trouble to hiding 'certain financial purchases', a reckless driving ticket, a lawyer bill, and my own personal stash of vodka in my room in the span of...two weeks:laugh:

God help me when I'm out of the house and going to VCU or CNU

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
hmm, i meant MM at brawl obviously. I don't want people to get the idea that i am not playing quite regularly..

as for hating brawl..no, I love it, atm it may be as fun as melee...the problem is that it lacks the depth of melee, and so i dislike people who say "brawl is better than melee"

this makes me react by *cough* refusing to talk to people who IM me for the purpose of playing a brawl wifi match (which is lame anyways since lag prevents you from shielding fast moves)

but yes, in reality..i play this game on avg at least 2hrs a day...so my brawl skills are decent^^ and i'm willing to MM blindly too

my roommate's DDD is really good too...we need a tournament soon..

_Kadaj_

Smash Hero
Throw that P***y at me? B***h I think Im Babe Ruth
Last night was 2 good
i just wanna say good **** 2 toasty and caboose for comin out 2 hampton and playing us in brawl

im lookin forward to getting some more SoVA faces to come down 2 hampton to play.

Come at your own demise lol J/k but plz do come down

im interested in playin tope and all of team richmond as well :chuckle:

Famous

Smash Champion
Last night was 2 good
i just wanna say good **** 2 toasty and caboose for comin out 2 hampton and playing us in brawl

im lookin forward to getting some more SoVA faces to come down 2 hampton to play.

Come at your own demise lol J/k but plz do come down

im interested in playin tope and all of team richmond as well :chuckle:

I agree, good **** toasty and caboose...I hope to play you guys again in the near future, I'll try to lay off the sound effects next time, lol.

Famous

Smash Champion
Your lucky you found a wii since they're still quite hard to come by. I can't wait to see your progress within the next 10 days.

toasty

Smash Hero
Your lucky you found a wii since they're still quite hard to come by. I can't wait to see your progress within the next 10 days.
yeah they told me at the Newport News Toys R Us a week or two ago that they would have them in on the 30th. So I got there over an hour before opening...I was 20th in line. And terrified.

53 minutes later, I see the text on the front of a small piece of paper in the hands of a ToysRUs employee that read $249.99... then she turned her hand a bit, and that small piece of paper became a thick and beautiful stack of hope.

With bright eyes and burning pockets, I no longer felt like an idiot for owning Brawl and even Wii component cables without actually owning the system.

That said...Famous, I guess I should've clarified: my involvement in the theatre festival [which I meant to say STARTS on the 10th, after 10 days of rehearsal] will restrict my Brawl time heavily for the next few weeks, but mostly the next 10 days. Thus, I won't make much progress :(

Ether, you should come over some time, maybe Sunday, and Brawl.

toasty

Smash Hero
toasty what happen to the rest of our set in melee vids at that one C3???
oh snap. that's embarrassing. I'm usually pretty good about that [with the exception of that famed 1000th post vid thread...yeah that turned out to be a really poorly thought out plan]. I'll get those up tonight, hopefully. I get home from rehearsal kind of late =/

gahhhh what's worse is that I remember getting a PM from you a little while ago too about this :( squanduhzz...sorry Boss. [haha, maybe I subconsciously forgot about those vids because of how much of a scrub you make me seem to be. that Mario is so **** intimidating.]

O-NO

Smash Journeyman
Ether, you wanna get some brawl practice in on wed?

im tryin to play for a bit, but im not sure for how long. i plan to go down to the beach and check out the new DDR machine they just got.

i think its time for me to pick back up a few of my old competitive games since smash is going so slow at the moment. fear not, im still on scene and WILL be at tourneys. i just miss DDR and 3S.

boss8

Smash Hero
oh snap. that's embarrassing. I'm usually pretty good about that [with the exception of that famed 1000th post vid thread...yeah that turned out to be a really poorly thought out plan]. I'll get those up tonight, hopefully. I get home from rehearsal kind of late =/

gahhhh what's worse is that I remember getting a PM from you a little while ago too about this :( squanduhzz...sorry Boss. [haha, maybe I subconsciously forgot about those vids because of how much of a scrub you make me seem to be. that Mario is so **** intimidating.]
lol it's cool i just wanted to watch the rest......u don't hafe to put them up if u don't want but i would like u to....do'nt worry i wasn't even in beast mode....i was only lv 7 that day...i was only a perfect ten when i killed azen and beat chillin and chu at chu's turney...but trust me it will never happen again....but like i said add the vids if u want...

toasty

Smash Hero
lolllll so what you're saying is: post the vids even though I wasn't at the top of my game and I STILL ***** you into embarrassment.

hahaha, s'all good, I loved our non-$MMs ...I was trying to just dive into a ****load of MMs that day to get used to it and to see how I'd play differently. Definitely learned a lot from that. I'll post the vids man...but you gotta come down here on the 26th ^_^

BTW - SOVA!!! Is the 26th too close to exams for a lot of people?

Firstaidguitar1

Smash Cadet
Hey guys. I live in Chesapeake, VA.

lately, a friend and I have been discussing hosting our own Brawl tournaments. However, we are unsure how many people would be willing to drive here to play. It would most likely be on Saturdays, so no worries about when.

If you would be interested in playing, send me an email at Firstaidguitar1@yahoo.com or a PM on here. Again, this is not signing up for anything, we are just curious how many brawlers we could obtain through this site alone. Thanks guys, god bless.

Top Bottom