• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SOVA, ITS 2010! Step ya Melee game up baby! <3

The |Egg| Sniper

Smash Apprentice
Tis the season to be foolish.
Look at this: M.arth= Marth
D.iddy= Diddy
M.ario=Mario
L.uigi=Luigi
S.nake=Snake
P.ikachu=Pikachu
L.ucario=Lucario
S.amus=Samus
Y.oshi=Yoshi
F.ox=Fox
L.ink=Link
J.igglypuff=Jigglypuff
B.owser=Bowser
I.ce C.limbers= Ice Climbers
G.anondorf=Ganondorf
Mr. G.ame and W.atch= Mr. Game and Watch
P.okemon T.rainer= Pokemon Trainer
S.quirtle=Squirtle
I.vysaur=Ivysaur
C.harizard=Charizard
t.ime=time
s.tock=stock
L.andmaster=landmaster

The |Egg| Sniper

Smash Apprentice
Here, have some more:
D.K=DK
W.olf=Wolf
I.ke=Ike
P.each=Peach
T.oon = Toon
C.aptain F.alcon=Captain Falcon (CF)
Z.elda=Zelda
S.hiek=Shiek
W.ario=Wario
O.limar=Olimar
P.it=Pit
S.onic=Sonic
F.alco=Falco
N.ess=Ness
L.ucas=Lucas
R.OB=ROB
D.edede=Dedede
K.irby=Kirby
Meta K.night=Meta Knight
B.rawl=Brawl
S.mash=Smash

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
pretty contrived, considering last year's prank
I think they were all too busy playing/flaming Brawl this year to work up the programming that they did for last year's ****ing awesome prank. but wow I wish I knew about that before I went down my subscription emails and just opened ALL of them in new tabs

....................and then the sound came on @_@

Cow

Smash Apprentice
yeah man, embedded midis and a plethora of images on an already slow forum. Great times that was.

wordfilter was mildly humorous.

SlashTalon

Smash Ace
Sorry for double post, the boards we're havin technical difficulties.

One more note is for people that are able to bring full setups I can waive half your venue, and all if you don't want any food.

Koorii

Smash Cadet
great way to make up for the epic squanders...definetly count me in...oh and i'll be available to smash pretty much every day for now on...

Koorii

Smash Cadet
oh good point, dont know if i'll be there either, i didnt even know about c3...

RiKu.757

Smash Apprentice
To those who say "F@ck Brawl"

I was on YouTube earlier on Gimpyfish's channel and I saw he had a video on y u shouldn't play Brawl. The video seems kinda dumb, but he did have a good reason not to play it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYZpcLuBpmk

A game with no Ether, is not worth playing.

toasty

Smash Hero
schollie, wanna try out your R.O.B.?
if he doesn't, I sure as shlt do.

I was actually hoping to have a double R.O.B. team ^_^

Otis. Why haven't we played Brawl yet??

..................oh right, cuz I keep squandering on everything ;____;

EDIT: is your phone fixed yet?

EDIT #2: Slash! go to http://www.vcdgear.com/ and download the latest version [make sure it's not the one that says "update" under it] so you can convert the .bin files [the ones Brawl replays are formatted as, which your basic media players won't read] to .mpeg

oh...and I suppose you should get your laptop returned to you first >_>

MaSHi

Smash Journeyman
brawl is not fun. =[. nintendo played the ultimate april fool's joke on me. =/. rofl. i got owned.

RiKu.757

Smash Apprentice
i could probably stop by tomorrow if i get off early. i could probably bring my setup too.

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
i won a brawl tournament on campus yesterday...only 2 or 3 of the players there were actually good though...in the finals the rob player almost beat my marth, but then i went pit and played campy and 2 stocked him.

toasty

Smash Hero
psh, campy Pit? musta been a trash ROB ::laugh:: bring that ****...April 26th =D (will make thread tonight probably)

back to Pit/ROB though; last night I had pretty @_@ experience. I never get to fight Pit players so the one match that I did play against a Pit, I did f/d-tilt, and fsmash...all at point blank range...the entire time he just had his mirror shield up. And nothing happened. it's bad enough that a recovering Lucas will just bounce off the **** shield to his death :(

And yesssss Cow I KNEW you would post something like that. <3

BTW, I plan to go to C3 or Chu's [forgot which one] toward the end of May. Just putting advnaced notice out there for anyone who might be interested. Fats/Cow(?)/Juan/Spod: there is no reason you shouldn't be there, since you're already close enough in NoVa =D

Cyrain

Smash Ace
Someone needs to host a melee tournament so I can come play Ether.
I still play 90% melee and only like 10% brawl. -_-
But that's okay, cause Chu is hosting Melee biweeklies again. =D

toasty

Smash Hero
But that's okay, cause Chu is hosting Melee biweeklies again. =D
yeah if he does what he plans to do at the end of the month again in May [Melee-saturday, Brawl-sunday] I'll probably go to both. I played like 3 matches of Melee the other night at Slash's and I was somehow sooo much faster. I could double jump cancel and do Fox trixies better than I could when I played Melee @_@

O-NO

Smash Journeyman
Vallejo CA! (for lowlifes that dont know) Teh Bea
im going to hit up the may 24th C3. should be good times.

Cyrain, EFF smash, we need to party! once i get some money im coming to richmond.

we all know brawl is NOT that good. but regardless its fun to play ( if you play for fun) and theres still TONS if not INFINITE amounts of time to break this game and turn it into MVC2.

Please, suck it up, play the game, and stop the brawl bashing on my gawd **** thread.

Congrats to KP. you should teach me how to play this game, i STILL havent got to put any work into learning it or finding any good strats or whatnot.

Riku, unreal, if you guys wanna come over thats cool, just call me. but im only tryin to play for a few hours so i may kick you out early. text me or somethin.

The_Doug

Smash Ace
Wassup Sova :)

I've been out of action for ages, but I'm hungry to play some Brawl if there are any goings on in the neighborhood.

Toasty, Ether, Otis, Kitsune, Cow, Cyrain, Tope be cool to see you guys again and catch up! Good times.

757-639-1563 and I'm on instant messenger usually.

Cyrain

Smash Ace
OMFG The_Doug is back!!!!!!!!!!!!
*Cheers*
Yesss I've missed you in SoVa dude.
Next time there is any sort of smashfest I'm definitely gonna try to come. I haven't played you in ages haha.

Senko Zero

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4940-5527-1789
Mad late, but as for the location of our April 13th tourney:

Play A Round Golf and Games
89 Nelson Drive
Newport News, VA 23601

Time: 3pm (try to get to early for practice and setting up, speaking of which, WE NEED THEM!)

5$ entry singles
5$ per person in teams
2$ venue if not playing another game held on a arcade machine
Payout 70/20/10 (Singles)
70/20/10, 70/30 (Teams, pending attendence)

Rules:
No Items (Not even Smash Balls)
3 Stocks-6 min
Old Melee rules from the first post of of this thread are in effect.

Stages:
Random - (Brawl) Battle Field, Final Destintion, Delfino Plaza (may be changed to conterpick), Yoshi's Island (Singles only), Lylat Cruise, Smashville (Melee) Pokemon Stadium( also might be changed to counterpick), Rainbow Cruise (Teams only)

Counterpick - Luigi's Mansion, Shadow Moses (both of these are maybes) (Melee) Jungle Japes, Green Greens, Corneria, Brinstar

We deeply apologize for our tardiness, but hey, we tried something. Hope to see you all there.

Otis if you want to hang that Sat prior pm me.

O-NO

Smash Journeyman
id love to hang, but i have a MASSIVE party to throw that night. ill be hung over like a mo fo but ill be there.

Doug, good to have you back, ill be planning an event sometime late april so everyone keep an eye out.
that means you as well TR.

im gonna try to get M2K to come also and do a Melee/ brawl weekend joint ala Chu dat, or" March of the side tourneys", if you would.

Cash will be changing hands again Sova, you know how i roll when it comes to tourneys. BRING MONEY!!!

this one may be far bigger than the last, how many people can O-NO fit in a town house? all this and more, on the next "SoVA, the Adventures of O-NO".

SchoolieDee

Smash Journeyman

Counterpick - Luigi's Mansion, Mario Circuit, Bridge of Eldin, Shadow Moses,
And Frigate Orpheon, Pirate Ship, and Pictochat are turned off? What the hell brah... did you even think about the counterpick list? It's not my tourney, but cnu has a working ruleset if you want us to help you guys out. We've been going over the stages for the past two weeks, playing on each individual stage and deciding if a stage should/shouldn't be legal; it's a fairly balanced list.

edit:

Depending on when the OBX trip, gets wrapped up, CNU might show up for this, but its definitely not a gary...

Although Juan and I need to go ahead and demolish those Doubles. More 5-stocks, man. :laugh:

toasty

Smash Hero
Slash got kinda screwed =/ Unless people decide not to go to C3 on the 19th [that's when it is, right?]

Slash: hey guys I'm throwing a fest on saturday the 12th!
CNU: hey guy, we decided to announce it all late and ****, but most people are going to come to this anyway
toasty: hey I squandered on throwing a tournament on the 19th
Slash: Oh word I'll just do it that day! Awesome!
Tope: A much more important event is going on then somewhere else not immediately close to here
Slash: oh...
SoVa: ::::::silence::::::: [when you should be saying either "yeah man, going to C3" (except you, Cory, you're fine) or "naw, probably not going to C3, Slash's will be tight"]
toasty: My tournament is official AND confirmed with the venue for real now! April 26th!
(and I don't know if we mentioned this part on the boards)
Slash: and then I can host afterward since everything has to be done at 5 PM and if people want to do doubles or a crew battle or anything, we can do that too!

I was going to continue but it'll make me sound way more bitter than I am. I guess what I'm trying to say is that while most of you aren't really familiar with Slash personally, you should go to whatever fest he holds anyway. Really chill atmosphere, nice place, good people. You could probably fit in as many, if not more, people as Otis can. I didn't chime in about Slash's earlier only because chances are I wouldn't be able to make it until the 26th because of the theatre festival. So yeah, show some support for the people who are actually hosting instead of several people asking to play Brawl and asking for fests and yet continuing to ignore the offer.

Just don't park on his street >_>

SchoolieDee

Smash Journeyman
I think Slash is a real champ. After publicizing for weeks about 3 back to back events, people come out of the woodwork and advertise their own things, not to mention competition with C3 in Nova. Tough breaks all around :\

... in math terms

F/sova\(Melee) = Sova squandering
F/sova\(Brawl) = Sova (squandering + silence) + the most absurd counterpick stages ever.

O-NO

Smash Journeyman
for the record, i already told slash that i was more than likely (unless C3 is on the 19th) going to his place on the 19th.

though this is the Sova thread of choice for casuals, random conversation, and small gatherings, aside for my tourneys (since this is my thread and all) OTHER TOURNEYS, GATHERINGS, SMASHFESTS, AND SO FORTH, SHOULD HAVE A THREAD MADE BY THE HOSTER!!!!

that way they can put up there own titles and more than just the sova regulars will pick up on it.
i am not against people posting about there events hear. im all for it actually. but remember that this is NOT the place to try and gear everyone up for YOUR event. just get the word out, then make your own thread.

ALSO, theres a LOT of tourneys going down as of late. i mean brawl is still fresh and EVERYONE wants to be pro.

TOURNEYS WILL OVERLAP! and more than that, EVERYONE WILL NOT HAVE THE SAME RULE SET!!!!

it has not been decided that any one rule set is the best (stage wise). this game is still new. i mean i for one dont think that shadow moses, Frigate Orpheon, OR Sky world should be on AT ALL. then again, these are NOT MY rulesets.

and FYI, ill be going with C3 rule sets unless a more popular one comes out.

Top Bottom