• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Soul Calibur IV

xX Boezy Xx

Smash Journeyman
Uh ohs. My mic broke. Unfortuneatly, you're gonna have to put me down as a no for voice. I'll try and communicate to you guys in-game through funny movements, crouch dancing, or taunts, but I'm afraid that's all I can do...

I'll try and get a new mic as soon as possible...

smashbot226

Smash Master
So, PS3 owners, how are you're good games?

OH WAIT. YOU'VE ONLY GOT THREE.

MGS4, Uncharted, and Resistance!

What does 360 have?

Gears of War, Call of Duty 4, Battle for Middle Earth 2, Mass Effect, the new Final Fantasy, Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion, and a few others.

Sorry, I just have this...

Don't ask.

Symphony X

Smash Lord

What does 360 have?

Gears of War, Call of Duty 4, Battle for Middle Earth 2, Mass Effect, -this one doesn't count-, Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion, and a few others.

Don't ask.
Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Storm
Kingdom Hearts 3
God of War 3

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
rofl.

Like half the crap you named is for both systems smashbot.

Zero Beat

Cognitive Scientist
NNID
BLUE
3DS FC
4141-3279-8878
If there's no Assassin(Except for Xianghua's style) then ****, I'll be disappointed:(.

He used to be so cool...no move list character, but with a **** ton of hidden moves.

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx
Sadly, no. He isn't.

I'm so angry that Lizardman never seems to ever even come close to becoming human again. Was he human in SC?

Actually, I don't think he was in the game until SC2...

LP4Life666

Smash Journeyman
The rated battles in this game are very disappointing. Between lag and the timing required for parrying, the rated matches usually turn into who can spam the same attack faster than the other person. The person who finds the cheaper spammable move generally wins the match.

Still, the character creation is at it's best. I'm gonna stick with creating characters and showing them off/playing with them in unranked matches. Kittymeow suit ftw!

EC_Joey

Smash Lord

What does 360 have?

Gears of War, Call of Duty 4, Battle for Middle Earth 2, Mass Effect, the new Final Fantasy, Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion, and a few others.

Don't ask.
Yeah half these aren't Xbox360 exclusives. This list has a pretty good lineup of PS3 games, not to mention it looks like PS3 will be having a fantastic year, what with LittleBigPlanet, Resistance 2, Valkyria Chronicles, Fat Princess, and a boatload of PSN games coming out.

Symphony X

Smash Lord
Most of them originated on the 360.

Those games shipped to the PS3 so their sales wouldn't go any lower.

And to SymphonyX: NAruto: Ultimate Ninja will be on BOTH systems, and God of War 3 and Kingdom HEarts 3 won't be out for a WHILE.
The fact is that they still are on the PS3.
And no, NUNS won't be on both systems.
The ultimate ninja franchise is exclusive to Sony.

Naruto ftw.

At Boezy:
Nightmare is awesome.
I made a custom character with his style.
I love it.

cheap_josh

Smash Ace
^ Haha, a few days ago I versed a Nightmare-styled Harry Potter online.
It's amazing what the character thing can make. Sailor Moon, link, Raiden etc.
How do you unlock equipment anyway? Only the tower?

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
^ Haha, a few days ago I versed a Nightmare-styled Harry Potter online.
lol wut? :laugh:

I've made some custom characters, but nothing too crazy. I almost made a perfect Aladdin (Yun-Sung style), but no little fez hat. I had to use a bandanna.

Indiana Jones (Ivy; Closest thing to a whip)
Raiden (Killik)
I also customized Astaroth with the "executioner's mask" and the "masquerade," added the right colors, some shoulder pads, belts, and bingo, I got Spawn.

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx
I made:

Britney Spears (Voldo) & Bald lol
Lara Croft (Kilik)

Also, on the character selection screen, there's still one empty space. Who is that? It's inbetween Darth & Apprentice.

xX Boezy Xx

Smash Journeyman
Anyone here giving Algol any thought? I'm trying to get better as him because he's a bona-fide badass. I'm basically using him as a secondary right now (I really only use Nightmare and Algol 90% of the time, with Zasalamel only sparingly...). Just wondering because I've only seen one person use Algol in all the online matches I've ever played.

EC_Joey

Smash Lord
This is the first Soul Calibur game I'm going to attempt to get into. I'm going to stick with Kilik, and I'm trying to learn all of his moves right now.

leechaolan

Smash Lord
Tower of Souls ticks me off so much. They expect you to fight 9 people with just one? wth?

Who's the best character to ring people out with? I know everyone can, but who has the quickest or best throws to do so. I've been using Siegfried's 1+A to stab them and throw them out. Vader's throw too but his isn't that good.

Any tips would be gladly appreciated. =)

cheap_josh

Smash Ace
Tower of Souls ticks me off so much. They expect you to fight 9 people with just one? wth?

Who's the best character to ring people out with? I know everyone can, but who has the quickest or best throws to do so. I've been using Siegfried's 1+A to stab them and throw them out. Vader's throw too but his isn't that good.

Any tips would be gladly appreciated. =)
Yeah I'm only at stage 30ish, you have to kill 10 people in total with one person. Sucks big time.

Anyway if you want to easily throw people off use Rock's. Rock has one that's almost guarentee throw off if you're by a ledge since he literally picks the guy up and just drops him. But he's slow. Cervantes is good for throwing if you know how to do his stab move. And The Aprentice can combo/kick people off pretty easy. Kilik and Hilde are pretty good too. Pretty much anyone can if you can do it at the right time.

But it doesn't matter eventually theyll use auto grapple break.

cheap_josh

Smash Ace
I'm stuck at the tower. Zasalamel on level 32 is too hard. I'm worn down after fighting almost a dozen other guys straight. The farthest I got was with lizardman and I barely got any damage on him when he offed me in one attack. Suggestions?
When I try again this afternoon this'll be my 40th try at least.

Oi Kyon

Smash Journeyman
I actually tried to make a gundam...it kinda looks like one when you zoom all the way out. XD

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
I just bought it tonight!

I'll bust it out tomorrow and see how good it is.

cheap_josh

Smash Ace
http://www.familyfriendlygaming.com/Reviews/2008/Soul Calibur IV.html

Family Friendly Gaming reviewed Soul Calibur IV...

*snicker*

Seriously, it's worth a read in a terribly masochistic sort of way.
Wow he gave the graphics a 58%. Lol he needs to quit sippin that haterade he knows dang well the graphics are phenomenal. He's just mad at the boobs it's obvious. smh

Although I do agree this could've been rated M. Well... maybe. T and 1/2 perhaps. Meh, w/e I'm playing it, and liking it. But the site is Family Friendly Gaming so I guess I can see where he's coming from.

But still, he gave the game a 67 overall...

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
I actually tried to make a gundam...it kinda looks like one when you zoom all the way out. XD
Nice. If possible, pics? I'm just curious how it turned out :laugh:

"Family Friendly Gaming

For those not familiar what the Soul Calibur series is about, it is about good and evil warriors trying to get their hands on an occultic sword that will grant them all kinds of power. Many of these warriors have demonic type swords themselves that they used to dismantle anyone in their way. Soul Calibur IV is a continuation of a fighting game where weapons are used.

Almost every single female (and there are a lot of them in this game) are dressed in a way to enslave men to lustful thoughts. The bouncing animations makes this a game to keep away from those with the weakness for that particular enslavement. There is a lot of violence in this game as well.

I really had hoped that Namco Bandai would clean up the bad language in this series. It is not needed, and gets repeated way too often.

If you are into ultra violent video games, then you will find a lot of replay in Soul Calibur IV.

The women need more clothes in Soul Calibur IV."

lulz, even more hilarious than that Christian Movie-Rating review for "A Clockwork Orange." Here's a hint, its rating was "C," for "Condemned."

If he was against sex and lustful thoughts that it gives to the gamers, why did he give the sound 69 percent?

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Almost every single female (and there are a lot of them in this game) are dressed in a way to enslave men to lustful thoughts. The bouncing animations makes this a game to keep away from those with the weakness for that particular enslavement.

/FACEPALM

Wow, who the hell is writing this? I feel like I'm reading claptrap certain uber self-righteous religious folks would right (Which is probably exactly what this is)

"enslavement" urges...enslavement... what?

People scare me, they really do. However, he was giving his opinion, however, this is the kind of thing that would greatly influence certain people, even people that would like the game if they gave it a shot...

This review fails, and so do the people who made that site.. they should all burn in somewhere other than the hell they created.

Top Bottom