• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Soul Calibur IV

xX Boezy Xx

Smash Journeyman
I'm playing Mitsu, Cass, and Amy right now. All seem really fun.

It's hard to learn a new kind of game like this (new for me, since i've never played a 3d fighter before.) I can't help but think in smash terms. It's all about approach, spacing, and mindgames.
I found myself thinking the same thing. And then I tried to wavedash with Nightmare >.>

EC_Joey

Smash Lord
I found myself thinking the same thing. And then I tried to wavedash with Nightmare >.>
Sometimes when I'm getting combo'd I instinctively push left trigger for shield, but instead it makes me grab like an idiot.

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx
Have any of you tried my Ivy combo?

I love it. <3

But I hate how attacks get weaker after so many hits. But it's fair. If not, battles would suck.

Symphony X

Smash Lord
So I finally decided to try out ranked matches, even though everybody said they were just matches of whoever can spam the fastest.
And I gotta say, it's really not.

I mean, there are some out there who like to spam the same move, but most were legit matches.
I have to say I'm having quite a lot of online fun that I didn't think I would have.

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yeah I got my first online experience in a few nights ago and it wasn't HORRIBLE. It was a little too laggy for my taste, but it made it easy to use Mitsu's 2KB.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Wavedashing is a term that originates from Tekken, which was also made by Namco.

Kazuya Mishima could do a crouch dash and from there he could do several different moves. He could also wait a split second and then do a WR attack or grab.

He has alot of options from his crouch dash and it's one of the reasons why he is usually in the top 5 of any Tekken game he appears in.

Wavedashing in Tekken terms was just repeated crouch dashes.

Some characters can wavedash in Soul caliber too of course. The Sisters and Nightmare come to mind.

Also ALL fighting games are about spacing, punishing, poking and mindgames.

smashbot226

Smash Master
I spam Astaroth's Bear Hug.

DAWZ DAT KAOWNT?

EDIT: I thought of how to declone most of the bonus characters.

Shecherazade- Give her a disconnect-able double sided sword. Isn't that, like, THE elf weapon?

Shura- Give her a fluid bona fide whip, with evil aura around it.

Kamikirimusi- Leave her giant stick, except make it more of a badgering style.

Angol Fear- Give her spiked gauntlets, similar to Heihachi's style in SC2 for PS2.

Ashlotte- Replace her with a male bonus character wielding a rifle with a blade at the end of it.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
What does Vader's alternate/2P costume look like? I'm as curious as hell, here.

For PS3 users curious for Yoda, his white jacket just turns brown like his suit for an all-brown attire. Is it something lame like that for Vader too?

Doggalina

Smash Lord
Chicagoland (NW Indiana)/Purdue West Lafayette

Katy Parry

NNID
justysuxx
Yeah, PS3 has terrible lag. Terrible.

I mean, I can't even play matches online other than with friends. It says, "Failure to connect". :(

cheap_josh

Smash Ace
Yeah I heard that PS3 has big problems with that, and that you always have to reconnect to PSN after getting a connection failure (don't know if it's true).

ExMachina

Smash Journeyman
I've been playing on PSN for a while... While it takes a while to find matches (you get lots of "game is full" errors), once you do get in, they're fine. 5 bar matches are perfectly playable, 4 you get some lag, and below is a wash. Though I still don't trust the netcode to try GIing to any extent even if I have a good connection.

If any PSN users are anywhere near the US East Coast, feel free to add me for some 5-bar games.

-ExMachina-
Main(s): Kilik
Contact Info: r4r3truffle[at]gmail.com
PSNID: exmakina
Voice: Y

Yes, I main Kilik. No, I do not spam A+B, 22_88AAA all day.

Symphony X

Smash Lord
Sadly, I might not be active in this thread as much as I have.
Because I finally got my hands on my own Rock Band today instead of borrowing my friends copies.

I KNOW YOU'LL ALL MISS ME.

Katy Parry

NNID
justysuxx
*Sob?*

Lol. You're devoted.

Rockband is just a knock-off of Karaoke Revolution & Guitar Hero.

I LOVE KARAOKE REVOLUTION.

Do you guys think Ivy will be in 5? She basically died in this one. I love how she's a "hero" now.

Top Bottom