• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SOS2! May 15th/16th. Burlington, NC. Be there or be...a weenie.

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
there better not be more people for brawl than melee. half the prs arent even going. ( so i thought)

null55

Smash Master
dude it was like. dthrow, dthrow, jab->uthrow->regrab, uthrow->usmash, u-air, u-air, knee or something idk it was prob sexier (NOT LIKE THAT GAY *** FOREVER GRABS BS :mad:). i just remember PP yelling his usual orgasm ****.

how was church?

~Twitch~

Smash Master
cullowhee, nc western carolina university
dude it was like. dthrow, dthrow, jab->uthrow->regrab, uthrow->usmash, u-air, u-air, knee or something idk it was prob sexier (NOT LIKE THAT GAY *** FOREVER GRABS BS :mad:). i just remember PP yelling his usual orgasm ****.

how was church?
hispanic. -_-

dude, me and kevin comboes were raaaaaapedud you mad because we grabbed you to f-throwed you to death.

null55

Smash Master
lol that **** was DUMB.

but we all know what **** really is:

(you're the one on the right)

(^kevin really mad after we ***** him.)

Juno McGrath

Smash Hero
Doubles results.

1.They won't PR us... (Kale, Kadaj)
2.Just asian enough (Jon, Ledger)
3.Stock and the girl who carried him to third (Stock, Fyre)
4.bags of bread (Sourdoe,Mbags)
5. Bikes on Bikes (Damage, Snap)
6.Vilt and TRU

RAPERAPERAPERAPE

NisP

Smash Journeyman
Aww Chris buddy, don't feel bad. I've been playing for like 3 years and I still don't place top 5 very often. :\ And really don't feel bad, Sheik vs Ganon is REALLY bad unless you are good at the CG. Don't give up, boy. Luhhhh you.

On a lighter note, my Marth ****ing ***** omgggggggg. I'd played him a bit when I teaching Maria how to play, and some in friendlies with Plur but I had never actually played seriously against people. So this tournament I did what I did with Ganon that one Duke, and then with Doc at that other Duke, and I literally taught myself Marth in about 5 hours playing against Lucas and the next day I was taking matches off of Alex's Fox and Sheik. I have been fighting against Marth for years but never really tried him much.

Basically, my entire strategy for Marth revolves around this one question: If I was fighting Marth, what would he do that would piss me off?

Then you take your answer, apply it, and abuse it DJ style. Also, dolphin slashes are my favorite thing ever.

Two things I learned about matchups this weekend:

Marth vs Ganon: I don't like this AT ALL for Marth. I played this quite a bit with BlackChris and it's just a huge pain. Ganon outranges you, has quite a few auto combos, and tipmans the hell out of recovery. If they can edgetech Fsmashes, they can always hug you with UpB immediately after. Mad annoying. There are a lot more things to be said about this but I said this when I was playing Ganon and I will say it again now that I've played the other side. Ganon beats Marth 55 45.

Falcon vs Samus: I really don't like this at all for Falcon. I played JMH for a while and did very well with Fox, Falco, Marth and Sheik. Then I switched to Falcon and lost 2 or 3 in a row. The more I thought about Samus the more I realized that she really ****s up Falcon's game. She CC's Nairs which is Falcon's main approach through missiles. All of her random moves knock Falcon out of the air (why am I surprised?). Grabbing is only okay. Yes, you can Dthrow her but then what? She is heavy so you have to wait longer after the throw animation and she can normally squeeze out a Nair to trade or beat Uair. Even if you get the Uair, she will pretty much always be able to DI away from any knee follow ups. Then you have shuffled knees which she will CC and punish at low percents, and then not really give a **** about until around 80. At this point it may knock her off the stage but she will have years to recover. When she recovers you can wait on stage and try to Utilt or stomp which don't work if they sweet spot; also, if they sweet spot and you miss the Utilt, they get a free Fair to Dsmash. Alternatively, you can play risky and chase her off stage but there is a good chance of crashing into a bomb before connecting. Also, UpB OOS is super stupid so you can't ever hit her shield. This isn't even really going into Samus' side so much, but Falcon's side of the matchup is at very least really tedious. I wouldn't go as far as to say the matchup is in Samus' favor but I personally REALLY hate it.

I also really hate Falcon vs Falco. It's atrociously bad, and IMO, unwinnable at Kevin's level. In the 8 matches I played in tourney, 7 out of 8 were vs Falco. I'll probably be playing Falco dittos instead from now on since I had a lot better luck vs Cam in them after our set. Anyway, this is not a new development, I just thought I'd reiterate.

ANYWAY, I still had a really good time playing everybody. Thanks to Lucas for being my car ride buddy most of the weekend, and DJ, Alex and Smith for all being sweet. Also, I love playing with Kale. That guy is HILARIOUS.

Also, get at my second date DOODOO trousers. Too bad I'll never get to wear em because I went with the wolf shirt. :\

Bri, thanks for hosting and being awesome.
tl;dr <3

i doubt it.

nisP you didn't make a results thread, did you?
Nahh. I posted results from yesterday in this thread.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
NisP, any results on a random bookbag at your place?

also: just finished playing spoon and slasher for a few hours. i play better angry. cause i play more deliberate and meaningful and ruthless angry. i dont let a nair go by that isn't CC jabbed. salty ganon is so salty. but when i'm happy i'm a ****ty ganon who can't edgeguard, wavedash, or waveland.

now i just figure out how to play more deliberate while happy. so that my angry ganon becomes ****ING AMAZING.

Ocean

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
OCEAN#0
well this tourney went about as good as it could have for me. I wasn't gonna beat twitch, and I still have no clue how to fight sheik soooo that's how it goes.

time to play ps2 and forget melee exists until I find a tourney date I can ,ake it to. It's not like I'm gonna get better.
ya ***** don't give up. you have been improving faster than anyone in my eyes, don't let your uphill streak go down now.

don't turn into me.

Diatenshi

Smash Lord

also: just finished playing spoon and slasher for a few hours. i play better angry. cause i play more deliberate and meaningful and ruthless angry. i dont let a nair go by that isn't CC jabbed. salty ganon is so salty. but when i'm happy i'm a ****ty ganon who can't edgeguard, wavedash, or waveland.

now i just figure out how to play more deliberate while happy. so that my angry ganon becomes ****ING AMAZING.
name change to the Saltyness?

Damage Points

Smash Ace
Doubles results.

1.They won't PR us... (Kale, Kadaj)
2.Just asian enough (Jon, Ledger)
3.Stock and the girl who carried him to third (Stock, Fyre)
4.bags of bread (Sourdoe,Mbags)
5. Bikes on Bikes (Damage, Snap)
6.Vilt and TRU

RAPERAPERAPERAPE
those are the best team names ever

Lightsyde

Smash Champion

If being mad when I play made me play better, I would **** all of you so hard.

Ocean

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
OCEAN#0
Reminds me of when i first met you, your "ocean combo"

where u said it was dthrow into a wave infront of their face so they cant see, into rest

and then u did it... lol
handwave into rollout. best combo in the game.

Damage Points

Smash Ace
Very fun Damage Points. You should definitely just play Wario and I guess second Metaknight.
Yeah that's what I'm thinking. My wario has def gotten better. Those friendlies me you and kale did helped big time. When I play more patient I was doing better. And your rob ***** so hard he won't die!! Can't wait for the anime fest on the 30th. Fun times will be had and we will def chill.

Top Bottom