• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SOS2! May 15th/16th. Burlington, NC. Be there or be...a weenie.

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
i think pp will be to busy chewing out the melee players for getting the pr thread shutdown.

we could just blame the whole thing on stingers. It has worked in the past.

Damage Points

Smash Ace
@Nisp

so what time exactly is brawl starting tomm???

@Jon and shAdy and anyone

Someone ride with me please or if you have room let me ride with. I dont mind driving at all tho.

Jon?

Smash Champion
@Nisp

so what time exactly is brawl starting tomm???

@Jon and shAdy and anyone

Someone ride with me please or if you have room let me ride with. I dont mind driving at all tho.
I thought I wasn't able to make this because I thought Brawl was on Saturday. I'll let you know if I need a ride or not.

NisP

Smash Journeyman
SINGLES RESULTS:

1: Dr. PP ($38.50)
2: $ Mike ($11.00)
3: Twitch ($5.50)
4: Lord Karn
5: Cam
5: DJ Rome
7: Dark~Side
7: Bl@ckChris
9: Dark Hart
9: Vilt
9: Snap

Bracket later.

ANY BRAWL PLAYERS IN THE AREA SHOULD COME STAY TONIGHT TO START PRACTICING!! Melee people left ><; Except Kale and Kadaj

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
well this tourney went about as good as it could have for me. I wasn't gonna beat twitch, and I still have no clue how to fight sheik soooo that's how it goes.

time to play ps2 and forget melee exists until I find a tourney date I can ,ake it to. It's not like I'm gonna get better.

Diatenshi

Smash Lord
well this tourney went about as good as it could have for me. I wasn't gonna beat twitch, and I still have no clue how to fight sheik soooo that's how it goes.

time to play ps2 and forget melee exists until I find a tourney date I can ,ake it to. It's not like I'm gonna get better.
im practicing tech skill and working on the little movements i suck at, all the while ive PM'ed PP like 20 times, i might not be getting insta-better, but if i can catch on to some **** itll help alot

moral - dont get lazy

btw sheik is mad homo gay love, like u gotta be close enough so they cant sneak up and buttrape you, but far enough ur not already being penetrated

nc melee is so predictable these days =( its kinda sad someone needs to get good and switch it up
working on it, seriously, though it may come for naught

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
you do realize I've been to almost every tournament that I wasn't in wilmington for, and I've been the host of quite a few smashfests, right? I also played dshep almost every day this whole time, and I'm still getting fourstocked by ****ing josh's sheik. Not to insult him at all, but it's pretty evident that although I've made progress these last 8 months, attending tournaments where I'm not even good enough to learn from my opponents isn't going to help me. So unless the part of nc that's also learning and getting better wants to show up to tournaments too, me and maybe others in a 9 man bracket against people who can fourstock me if they didn't feel sorry for me isn't really getting it done for me.

/rant

edit: that was more a rant to stingers, I didn't see ur post matt. I'm just tired of getting ***** without completely understanding why. It doesn't usually happen to me.

Diatenshi

Smash Lord
you do realize I've been to almost every tournament that I wasn't in wilmington for, and I've been the host of quite a few smashfests, right? I also played dshep almost every day this whole time, and I'm still getting fourstocked by ****ing josh's sheik. Not to insult him at all, but it's pretty evident that although I've made progress these last 8 months, attending tournaments where I'm not even good enough to learn from my opponents isn't going to help me. So unless the part of nc that's also learning and getting better wants to show up to tournaments too, me and maybe others in a 9 man bracket against people who can fourstock me if they didn't feel sorry for me isn't really getting it done for me.

/rant

edit: that was more a rant to stingers, I didn't see ur post matt. I'm just tired of getting ***** without completely understanding why. It doesn't usually happen to me.
<3 u chris, ill be chillin with u a tremendous amount next semester, we gonna get legit, believe me!

and vs, sheik a secondary could help, i know fox is good against her, so maybe pick him up, counterpick vs. that *****, i mean she's marths worst matchup, no effin way im fightin her straight up

stingers

Smash Obsessed
lol chris idk what u want it takes more then just playing the game for the sake of playing it to get better...you need to learn how to read people tbh and think fast enough at the speed the game is moving at. and learn how to actually control the stage and pressure people and get them where you want them to be. and learn when to run away. stuff that isn't immediately obvious that you don't really notice when watching vids of playing the game. like i think it's far more important to make note of what isn't going on then what is going on. at least in a sense of "why this option instead of that and did it work out". etc etc.

/rant

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
well nobody's teaching me any of that. Not in tourney, not at smashfests, not even on the boards am I seeing this stuff. So since I have no clue how to get better, I'll just kind of worry about it later. If anyhing, I doubt playing cpus will tech me force spacing and stage control in regardsto tech chasing.

BEHR

Smash Hero
Well what do you think you need to work on?

Once you find out ask on the boards or ask GBoro for advice. Mike wont do much I'll give you the best analysis I can give.

Next time we play one on one ill give you some advice or notes on what I notice in your game.

Ledger_Damayn

Smash Ace
Lol, I didn't even know this tournament, or this thread, for that matter (I rarely check outside of my User CP these days) existed until Jon woke me up just now to ask if I wanted a ride.

I guess I'm going. Thanks for the ride in advanced, Damage Points. /yawn

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
how many people entered melee?

edit: hey chris, not to bust ur balls..... but ur maining gannon. against shieks and fox/falco's. like what do you expect to happen? unless gannone went up in tier- last i heard he was like C or D, i could be wrong.

what im trying to say is, its going to take you like double the time to get good with him then it will if you mained.... like shiek or something.

^ im trying to be helpful but its late, and i have a had a few beers.

edit2: wait, no one helps you? thats ****ed up. Not to make this sound like a brawl melee debate, but we help people like alot. damage points needed help with wario, me and snapp showed him some stuff. And next time we are at the same tourney, we will help him even more. Stock ***** with snake, and i think when he first showed in the scene, scrub as flamingo beat him, now stock can **** flamingo.

/ bebi

Juno McGrath

Smash Hero
Lol Kieth... Lol I'm going to be here around noon. Don't get ya hopes up. Kale and first place... I mean... Kadaj are riding with me lol

NisP

Smash Journeyman
how many people entered melee?

edit: hey chris, not to bust ur balls..... but ur maining gannon. against shieks and fox/falco's. like what do you expect to happen? unless gannone went up in tier- last i heard he was like C or D, i could be wrong.

what im trying to say is, its going to take you like double the time to get good with him then it will if you mained.... like shiek or something.

^ im trying to be helpful but its late, and i have a had a few beers.

edit2: wait, no one helps you? thats ****ed up. Not to make this sound like a brawl melee debate, but we help people like alot. damage points needed help with wario, me and snapp showed him some stuff. And next time we are at the same tourney, we will help him even more. Stock ***** with snake, and i think when he first showed in the scene, scrub as flamingo beat him, now stock can **** flamingo.

/ bebi
Only 11 ;_;

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
ganon aint that bad. He has disadvantaged matchups, but he also has his strengths. I'm playing more falco right now, in efforts so that my hands can speed up so that I may be able to play some fox against sheik in the far future. People would help me, but I need help in the things stingers is talking about primarily, and all things considered, those are internal, mental things that come primarily with experience. Which I don't have a large amount of. I want to be better, but it's not easy. It's not that I was thinking it'd be easy, but I couldn't even find the next step. Now I at least have a vague idea of what to do next. Thanks stingers.

when I first came into the scene, I got ***** by...everyone. Now I can ****...some people.

in other news, I think I left my bookbag there. It's a blue and gray jansport bookbag, so if someone could put that in a safe place where I oan get to it eventually, that'd be cool.

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
well good mr. chris.

how many pr'd brawlers will be at this?
if shady doesn't go, here are the results for brawl.

1. Rag
2.kadaj
3. Jon.

Lightsyde

Smash Champion
Aww Chris buddy, don't feel bad. I've been playing for like 3 years and I still don't place top 5 very often. :\ And really don't feel bad, Sheik vs Ganon is REALLY bad unless you are good at the CG. Don't give up, boy. Luhhhh you.

On a lighter note, my Marth ****ing ***** omgggggggg. I'd played him a bit when I teaching Maria how to play, and some in friendlies with Plur but I had never actually played seriously against people. So this tournament I did what I did with Ganon that one Duke, and then with Doc at that other Duke, and I literally taught myself Marth in about 5 hours playing against Lucas and the next day I was taking matches off of Alex's Fox and Sheik. I have been fighting against Marth for years but never really tried him much.

Basically, my entire strategy for Marth revolves around this one question: If I was fighting Marth, what would he do that would piss me off?

Then you take your answer, apply it, and abuse it DJ style. Also, dolphin slashes are my favorite thing ever.

Two things I learned about matchups this weekend:

Marth vs Ganon: I don't like this AT ALL for Marth. I played this quite a bit with BlackChris and it's just a huge pain. Ganon outranges you, has quite a few auto combos, and tipmans the hell out of recovery. If they can edgetech Fsmashes, they can always hug you with UpB immediately after. Mad annoying. There are a lot more things to be said about this but I said this when I was playing Ganon and I will say it again now that I've played the other side. Ganon beats Marth 55 45.

Falcon vs Samus: I really don't like this at all for Falcon. I played JMH for a while and did very well with Fox, Falco, Marth and Sheik. Then I switched to Falcon and lost 2 or 3 in a row. The more I thought about Samus the more I realized that she really ****s up Falcon's game. She CC's Nairs which is Falcon's main approach through missiles. All of her random moves knock Falcon out of the air (why am I surprised?). Grabbing is only okay. Yes, you can Dthrow her but then what? She is heavy so you have to wait longer after the throw animation and she can normally squeeze out a Nair to trade or beat Uair. Even if you get the Uair, she will pretty much always be able to DI away from any knee follow ups. Then you have shuffled knees which she will CC and punish at low percents, and then not really give a **** about until around 80. At this point it may knock her off the stage but she will have years to recover. When she recovers you can wait on stage and try to Utilt or stomp which don't work if they sweet spot; also, if they sweet spot and you miss the Utilt, they get a free Fair to Dsmash. Alternatively, you can play risky and chase her off stage but there is a good chance of crashing into a bomb before connecting. Also, UpB OOS is super stupid so you can't ever hit her shield. This isn't even really going into Samus' side so much, but Falcon's side of the matchup is at very least really tedious. I wouldn't go as far as to say the matchup is in Samus' favor but I personally REALLY hate it.

I also really hate Falcon vs Falco. It's atrociously bad, and IMO, unwinnable at Kevin's level. In the 8 matches I played in tourney, 7 out of 8 were vs Falco. I'll probably be playing Falco dittos instead from now on since I had a lot better luck vs Cam in them after our set. Anyway, this is not a new development, I just thought I'd reiterate.

ANYWAY, I still had a really good time playing everybody. Thanks to Lucas for being my car ride buddy most of the weekend, and DJ, Alex and Smith for all being sweet. Also, I love playing with Kale. That guy is HILARIOUS.

Also, get at my second date DOODOO trousers. Too bad I'll never get to wear em because I went with the wolf shirt. :\

Bri, thanks for hosting and being awesome.

Top Bottom