• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sorry for crashing Smashboards. I'm Zipzo. I played the release build demo of Smash 4. AMA!

• Thread starter Deleted member 245254
  • Start date

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
You mentioned that Shuttle Loop (Meta Knight's Up-B) was kind of like Marth's Up-B? Does it even loop anymore at all, and did it still do a lot of knockback?

I'd actually like to hear some general impressions of Meta Knight, whether you played him, against him or only observed him, I pray he's nerfed a good amount.

Last edited:

mattmonkey24

Smash Rookie
Thanks for doing this!
Do you think shulk will be viable?
on the other AMA, the guy said
"Kick. Ass. He has this cool mechanic on his smashes and certain aerials where he throws out the Monado for a hit and then automatically hits them again a second later with the sword's beam. Hard to get used to his mode changing, and he seems easy to punish but I imagine he will be well loved and potentially viable"
sounds like shulk will be balanced, fun, etc. (then again im all about the shulk hype i wont believe anything bad)

Ganonthegreat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ganonthegreat
3DS FC
3780-9005-2627
Did you see if Meta Knight has received some much needed nerfs to his attacks? Obviously we know his Up Special is less insane but are there any other changes you spotted?

KingBroly

Smash Lord
They must have some serious usage limits. Fine by me.
Yeah, if they're not like 'recharge after using 5-6 invisible points' or something like that, then Robin sounds really overpowered with minimal reprecussions.

Shariq

Smash Journeyman
I see you like Sonic and played him a decent amount in the demo. How does he feel? Is he way better than Brawl Sonic? I know the main changes that he has received (new down smash, new up air, altered side b), but are there any other changes that a Sonic main would notice? Also thank you so much for doing all of this for us :)

Last edited:

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Neat! Thanks for the info.

Also, good luck getting your questions answered @ Admiral Pit Admiral Pit
Well, I know it can be overwhelming, but sometimes you gotta know a lot about your mains to get an early start on things. I apologize if it's too much, and thanks. :(

Ryuutakeshi

Smash Lord
Yeah, if they're not like 'recharge after using 5-6 invisible points' or something like that, then Robin sounds really overpowered with minimal reprecussions.
I am okay with this. Our new magic knight should be awesome.

Last edited:

adom4

Smash Lord
NNID
adom15510
3DS FC
3179-6434-6692
When Shulk changes modes, does he switch instantaneously or does it take like a second to switch?

cadari

Smash Rookie
Interesting. Thank you very much for answering my questions.

Cadari, what is your opinion of Pac-Man?
I thought he was slow at first (I was the first to play Pac-Man in our group and told zipzo he was slow like he posted at first.) The second time around, though, I realized that he wasn't really that bad. I figure he plays a bit faster than Game & Watch does in Brawl. (I play Game & Watch frequently.) After that, I really liked Pac-Man because I feel like he fits my play style. His hitboxes were big. He falls slowly. I liked his fruit as an attack.

I'm just in trouble because I like too many of the new characters!! Who will be my main?????

D

Deleted member 245254

To start off, I'd like to thank you a lot for all of the info you've given us. I really do appreciate it. <3
I do have more of the basic questions again, and sorry if I'm being troublesome. Here's more Pit/Palutena related ones.

For Palutena
1: Somewhere mentioned that you could do different tricks with her Down-air. What's the move like?
2: How would you describe Palutena's playing style? I always thought she was a long-ranged defensive heavyweight according to how she sounds and looks.
3: I know what her Final Smash looks like, but can you angle the laser to your liking to hit opponents you may have missed?
4: Looks of some costumes color-wise? You don't have to answer this one, but you can tell I'm generally curious about Pit and Palutena the most.
5: Her taunts and victory taunt(s)?
6: Her throws and other moves I may not know about? (optional)
1. Different tricks?
2. I would describe her as a "Tank" class if this were an MMO. She's very beefy, and yet somehow still moves incredibly quick. She has good spacing and her recovery is like Zelda.
3. I didn't get to use her Final Smash >_<
4. I posted a little about her costume color swaps. I think it was black, pink, green, red/white, a super dark violet one, and I can't remember the others. Nothing significant though, just colors. Pit had nothing special either.
5. Not sure >_<
6. Her Upsmash is the one I'm most afraid of. Throws I did not test, but her Upsmash is freaking ridiculous.

The rest I am not sure enough to answer...I'm sorry :( I had one game with Palutena for 2 minutes.

kamus_aran

Smash Apprentice
That's so sad you didn't notice Rosalina's final smash :( I was hoping to hear her final smash would have improvement, but thanks anyway :)

cadari

Smash Rookie
I think I may have worded my question really poorly I'll try to be more concise haha.

Does Shulk's neutral B just scroll through the monado buffs or is there some other method of controlling which one you get?
I believe they just cycle through them.

KingBroly

Smash Lord
I am okay with this. Our new magic knight should be awesome.
I'd still want some semblance of balance there. In Awakening, every use, whether you got a hit or not, lost you a point of usage for that weapon/tome. If you got a double hit, you lost 2 points as well. I IMAGINE that's how it works here, with some alternate point system for Tomes, depending on how powerful the spells are.

mattmonkey24

Smash Rookie
How does shulk switch stances? i understand its his b special but does it start from the one you are already at?
also is Shulk's stances permanent or do they only last for a certain time/certain amount of hits?

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
Hey, thanks a lot for doing this, Zipzo!

Does Robin just discard his/her tomes automaticly once they are used up or do you actually get to throw them like an item?

D

Deleted member 245254

When Shulk changes modes, does he switch instantaneously or does it take like a second to switch?
You pre-select the mode you want to switch to by a giant emblem that kind of overlays Shulk. It sort of flips through them, when you find the one you wanna use you activate it, There is a small animation involved with switching.

Hey, thanks a lot for doing this, Zipzo!

Does Robin just discard his/her tomes automaticly once they are used up or do you actually get to throw them like an item?
It's all automatic.

Last edited by a moderator:

YggdrasiI

Smash Rookie
Thanks for your insight, really appreciate it.

I just have a small questions concerning Palutena. Can you confirm that her default specials are the same as shown in Famitsu (I think I saw Auto Reticle and the Barrier in one of the videos, you confirmed Warp already, so the last one is Counter)? They are pretty defensive, but I guess they compensate it with her normal and smash attacks if you say that they are pretty good.

Last edited:

cadari

Smash Rookie
How was shulk as a whole?
I played him for one match. I found him pretty easy to get used to. He has some characteristics that make him stand out as more than just your average sword character. I noticed that if you do some smash attacks, it turns the character that was hit into a thing like a log or doll of some kind, but only for a short time. The log was very large, so I figured it couldn't be picked up. I didn't actually try to pick it up, though. If I remember correctly, his up+b goes straight up, but I just read that someone else said you can push b again and he will attack a second time, laterally.

SuperNintendoDisney

Smash Journeyman
Would you be able to elaborate on the Wolf color scheme for Fox? It seems like it's being confused for his typical Brawl Dark Fox outfit. Are you absolutely certain this is a Wolf skin and does it change the name? Thank you

D

Deleted member 245254

Thanks for your insight, really appreciate it.

I just have a small questions concerning Palutena. Can you confirm that her default specials are the same as shown in Famitsu (I think I saw Auto Reticle and the Barrier in one of the videos, you confirmed Warp already, so the last one is Counter)? They are pretty defensive, but I guess they compensate it with her normal and smash attacks if you say that they are pretty good.
The barrier was there, Im pretty sure famitsu was accurate.

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
Is there any merit to the "you can cancel landing lag by dashing" rumors from this week?

And I'm gonna ask again in case you didn't see, sorry if you just didn't want to answer:

Are there any changes to ZSS from the E3 build (that you know of)? This might be a hard question to answer, sorry. Did you play her, and if so how does she feel to play?

KirbyCheatFurbyMeat

Smash Cadet
1. Different tricks?
2. I would describe her as a "Tank" class if this were an MMO. She's very beefy, and yet somehow still moves incredibly quick. She has good spacing and her recovery is like Zelda.
4. I posted a little about her costume color swaps. I think it was black, pink, green, red/white, a super dark violet one, and I can't remember the others. Nothing significant though, just colors. Pit had nothing special either.
5. Not sure >_<
6. Her Upsmash is the one I'm most afraid of. Throws I did not test, but her Upsmash is freaking ridiculous.

The rest I am not sure enough to answer...I'm sorry :( I had one game with Palutena for 2 minutes.
When you say dark violet, was it like this?

cadari

Smash Rookie
How was Rosalina in the build?
I played Rosalina once. I think it is a great concept, and Luna was pretty easy to control. I did feel that it would take some time getting used to it and becoming good at Rosalina.

passthefood

Smash Rookie
Has Ike gotten any faster? Has his Side B changed at all (still ends when running into someone for one thing)? Any of his colors you could remember?

Lastly, what are your opinions of a potential meta? Thanks so much for doing this!

NatP

Smash Ace
I played him for one match. I found him pretty easy to get used to. He has some characteristics that make him stand out as more than just your average sword character. I noticed that if you do some smash attacks, it turns the character that was hit into a thing like a log or doll of some kind, but only for a short time. The log was very large, so I figured it couldn't be picked up. I didn't actually try to pick it up, though. If I remember correctly, his up+b goes straight up, but I just read that someone else said you can push b again and he will attack a second time, laterally.
I believe you're confusing Shulk with greninja. :p Greninja's down-b turns him into a log or a doll if you hit him during it.

Last edited:

6thGodBillTrinnen

Smash Rookie
Did you see/experience anybody exploiting the trump mechanic as an edgeguard, like popping somebody off right when they grab the ledge then attacking them? Was there a decent amount of offstage play too?

Thanks again, you're the man for doing this!!!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 245254

Would you be able to elaborate on the Wolf color scheme for Fox? It seems like it's being confused for his typical Brawl Dark Fox outfit. Are you absolutely certain this is a Wolf skin and does it change the name? Thank you
It does not change Fox's name.

Essentially, his fur turns completely grey, and the color of his costume turns to a grey with purple linings. It looks a lot like...well...this

I repeat it does not simply turn his fur "dark". It's actually more of a light gray.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
1. Different tricks?
5. Not sure >_<

1: I think it means the move is versatile with many uses. Oh well. Do you at least know what the move looked like and if it could spike like Pit's D-air?
2: That's the style of Palutena I like to hear. Heavy, but still strong and defensive. Thank you! <3
3: Aww. D:
4: Black, Pink, Green, Red/white, Dark violet... I think the last one is similar to Medusa's look in Kid Icarus Uprising, but I'm not sure yet.
5: It's okay. I still appreciate the other info so far. <3
6: I'm loving the way that move sounds. I wonder what other dangerous moves she has.

Don't worry about it! I definitely appreciate the info so far. Thank you once again! You really deserve more appreciation you know. <3
If you find out a lot more about Palutena and Pit (more-so Palutena), anything, please let me know (or tag me if I miss it). I'm most grateful hearing how those 2 are like.

Last edited:

LoftusBlade

Smash Journeyman
Are you sure that isn't Greninja's Counter attack?

Tristan_win

Not dead.
I know there's a low chance due to the overwhelming amount of newer characters to pick from but did you get any chance to try out Sheik?

Any info would be fantastic

cadari

Smash Rookie
Can I just make a quick post about colors?

We were pretty rushed to pick characters and such. We did our best to check as many as we could, but we cannot possibly remember what colors each character had and what hue of black or whatever. On top of that, the area that showed the color was pretty small on the bottom screen and was actually a different, 2D render of the character (as you can see on pictures we already have of the character select screen). The 3D render would show much more of the character, and there was no way we could check all of them.

Top Bottom