• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sorry for crashing Smashboards. I'm Zipzo. I played the release build demo of Smash 4. AMA!

• Thread starter Deleted member 245254
  • Start date

Freaky Mutant Man

Smash Apprentice
Oooh. If every character does feel as different from past games as you've said, this sounds like it's going to more interesting than I thought. Hyped before, but now breaking into competitive play seems like an appealing proposition. The game looks to be more of its own beast than we thought previously, which is great (though I do have to say the people out there that have been celebrating things as simple as Melee dash-dancing not being a thing are... odd). Oh, why does this game have to come out so much later over here?

Anyway, my question is; did you notice anything notable about Luigi? If not, would you or someone else be able to check him out later? Just want to know how my main is in this game.

Last edited:

polonight

Smash Journeyman
This may be an odd question but have you seen Peach's final smash. From what the leak group has found we saw that peaches don't fall from the sky (that and Rosaluma got eaten by a giant peach). Just want to know if it has been changed or hasn't.

Losho

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheLosho
3DS FC
3883-7759-0830
Can you explain the black peach color swap and the Daisy one too? :p Is the Daisy one just a recolor again or is it closer to melee's slightly different model, or even a new model all in itself? Thank you for all your hard work getting this information to us!

Last edited:

Devil G.

Smash Apprentice
I'll ask here again: Is Falcon's knee easier to sweetspot than in Brawl, or is it just about the same?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 245254

Thanks for doing this man, basically the entire Smash community has got behind you here and you've consistently delivered great info.

Just wanted to ask in case you knew about the Paper Mario stage icon because I'm a regular at the guy who was asking's thread so I'll be sure to let him know.

And just a personal question, which character was your favourite to play as and why?
There was a paper mario stage :)

Thanks for the compliment!

My favorite character to play was Sonic. His ground snapping side-b is so damn cool, and combined with the higher ground speed, playing him actually feels like Sonic!

Is there any interesting alt costumes that you seen? For example, are Mrs. Pacman, Blood Falcon, or Galacta Knight alts?
By far I think the costume that's getting the most attention from people is the fierce diety link costume and the wolf alternate color pallet for Fox. Pikachu also has a black & yellow backwards hat costume, and his other new costumes are awesome too!

Thanks for all the hard work :)

In the E3 demo, all characters had only one victory animation. Can you confirm if that's still the case?
I stamp through the victory poses, the only victory pose related thing I noticed was that chrom shows up in Robin's victory animation so I'm actually completely unsure of this. I'm sorry.

Timji

Smash Rookie
Did you notice any new options, like disabling Stage Hazards?

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Hi! Thanks for all this informations! ;)

I'll just ask a question: does sweetspotted attacks such as Falcon's Knee of Justice or Zelda's Lighting kicks are easier to land than in Brawl?

Also, for Zelda's alt, do you remember a color where her hair turns purple? (as you stated, you are not that into characters colors, but if you remember this, it's enough to us :) )

DJ Dong

Smash Cadet
How fast does Link pull his bombs, and how fast is the startup on his spin attack?

Is Pikachu as nimble and evasive as ever?

SuperSah

Smash Cadet
NNID
SuperSah
3DS FC
4425-2273-6142
How does the Paper Mario stage play?

D

Deleted member 245254

I'll ask here again: Is Falcon's knee easier to sweetspot than in Brawl, or is it just about the same?
Hm, this is a really specific question that is tough to answer as I only played him once and just tested his landing lag, mostly. The difficulty of landing his knee sweet spot? Hard to say. I did land one though on my opponent. I don't know if it was difficult to do or not, though. His knee does a lot of damage now if you nail it.

Heropon

Smash Cadet
Did Mega Man happen to have a pair of sunglasses or some kind of black visor in any of his alts?

Wave Guiding Guardian

Smash Rookie
I only remember seeing the purple/pink-ish sweatshirt on all of the costumes both wire-frame and flesh.
Thanks so much for answering, and giving all this info! Sorry to bother with a follow up question, but are you saying the sweatshirt can be toggled on for any color swap? If so, this is certainly interesting news!

AbbiDood

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ShadyLion
1. Did they nerf any of the so called "top tiers" in the E3 demo in the final build? For example, are ZSS, Kirby and Bowser still really good?

2. Is glide tossing in Smash 4?
THANK YOU for doing this kinda thing. Much appreciated.

Giga Wario

Smash Journeyman
Did you happen to catch a glimpse of any new Assist Trophies which you don't remember seeing from Brawl? I don't imagine there will be but it'd be nice to see any unannounced ones.

If that's not adequate enough for you: what sort of vibes did you get from the new Meta Knight? Did he feel any stronger, weaker, slower, quicker or different from before?

SaucyDancer

Smash Ace
NNID
SaucyDancer
3DS FC
0576-4794-0041
Thank's for doing this mate, you're doing a great job.

Anyway down to the questions:

1. Did you get a chance to play Pit? If so how is his overall feel and is the new recovery as effective as it was in Brawl?

2. Does Robin have an alt costume where he had his hood on?

3. How does Greninja feel overall?

Last edited:

NatP

Smash Ace
Pikachu also has a black & yellow backwards hat costume, and his other new costumes are awesome too!
Wow, are you talking about this particular hat by any chance? Because that'd be awesome!

Last edited:

Silvera

Jammin' Jammies
3DS FC
4914-7114-2601
Switch FC
SW-2130-5650-7930
You mentioned that Little Mac has 16 costumes: 8 for the original and 8 for his Wireframe version. What were his costumes like as Wireframe Mac?

Devil G.

Smash Apprentice
Hm, this is a really specific question that is tough to answer as I only played him once and just tested his landing lag, mostly. The difficulty of landing his knee sweet spot? Hard to say. I did land one though on my opponent. I don't know if it was difficult to do or not, though. His knee does a lot of damage now if you nail it.
Mmm, I figured it would be hard to answer that right now. It being pretty damaging is pretty valuable info anyways, thank you for answering :)

kamus_aran

Smash Apprentice
Can you answer my question? :( Did you notice any changes to Rosalina's final smash?

Thanks

cadari

Smash Rookie
Thank you so much for doing all this! Here's just some little questions;

Pac-A. Is Bonus Fruit (Pac Man's neutral special) capable of holding its charge?
Pac-B. After Galaxian Starship, are there more projectile options or does it reset back to Cherry?
Pac-C. How long does his Pac-Jump trampoline stay out? It forces opponents into a helpless state at red, so there's perhaps some use here.

2. Are throws similar to the E3 build (where they're generally difficult to follow up from)? Examples being Marth's down-throw which sends up now, and apparently had little true combo potential.

3. Are you capable of stealing the ledge from an opponent while in a helpless state?

Hi, I was with zipzo at the event today. I played Pac-Man several times.

From what I could tell, the fruit is random sort of like Peach's turnips. One of the fruits I pulled out was strong enough to function as a smash and KO my opponent.
I don't remember seeing the Galaxian Starship when playing. I think the order is random, but I am not certain.
The trampoline is not out for very long. There is a bit of lag (maybe Pac-Man can roll around a bit) after landing. (You can't attack right away after landing.)

I'm not certain on the last two questions about grabs and ledge.

Graydient

Smash Cadet
I'm guessing you weren't able to hear any of the music, but by chance, were you able to confirm any by reading the track names?

Some I found in your videos were:
Golden Plains: 地上BGM / 地下BGM (スーパーマリオブラザーズ)
Find Mii: やみの王

Last edited:

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Does Bandana Waddle Dee appear in King DeDeDe's victory pose? Or anywhere at all?

SuperSah

Smash Cadet
NNID
SuperSah
3DS FC
4425-2273-6142
Gonna reiterate my questions as they've been ignored:

Is the 60fps locked?

How does the Paper Mario stage play?

How aweosome is Toon Link?

kaliskonig

Smash Journeyman
There was a paper mario stage
Did it have it's own icon or did it use the same Mushroom icon that represents most of the MArio characters??

Also...

Is FD Link a full on model change or just a glorified palette swap? Does his name change to Fierce Deity Link like how Olimar's changes to Alph?

Thanks for doing this btw. Hope to see you play some more xenoblade soon.

Last edited:

cadari

Smash Rookie
Well this popped up quicker than expected!
Firstly: Thank you for all the info!
Secondly: If you don't mind me asking, did you get to see any of Wii Fit Trainer's alt. palettes?
I saw them. They are pretty cool as each color has a male and female version. They also get different work-out clothes.

KirbyCheatFurbyMeat

Smash Cadet
I joined SmashBoards because I was really curious in regards to something.

If you saw any gameplay of Olimar, did he have a different model where he was Alph (one of the protagonists from Pikmin 3)?

PokéMurio

Smash Apprentice
Tell something about Charizard. Some buffs/changes/alt. colors. Does he play better on solo?

Last edited:

6thGodBillTrinnen

Smash Rookie
Been glued to your posts all day, you are a champ for dedicating all your time to informing others like this....thank you!!!

Questions:

• How did all of the new ledge mechanics affect your approach to the edgeguarding game?
  • Was there a lot of offstage play....gimps, meteors and all that?
  • Did you experience some interesting edgeguards that came from exploiting the trump mechanic, and if so what sort of things did you see?
  • What characters do you think were the best at edgeguarding?

I'm extremely interested in all the new ledge mechanics, so any details about how it effected the ledge game would be interesting to hear!

Again, thank you for doing this man :)

Hukuzo

Smash Rookie
You've mentioned a few of MegaMan's alternate color schemes in earlier posts. Were all eight available in the demo? I'm mostly asking because I, and likely all MegaMan fans, want to know if there's a helmetless costume.

cadari

Smash Rookie
Did you notice any new options, like disabling Stage Hazards?
They didn't really want us to mess with the settings, but I did get a glance at them while trying to turn of items. Unfortunately, I did not see anything about turning off hazards. That doesn't mean it isn't in there. It could even be an unlockable.

FlynnCL

Smash Journeyman
Hi, I was with zipzo at the event today. I played Pac-Man several times.

From what I could tell, the fruit is random sort of like Peach's turnips. One of the fruits I pulled out was strong enough to function as a smash and KO my opponent.
I don't remember seeing the Galaxian Starship when playing. I think the order is random, but I am not certain.
The trampoline is not out for very long. There is a bit of lag (maybe Pac-Man can roll around a bit) after landing. (You can't attack right away after landing.)

I'm not certain on the last two questions about grabs and ledge.
Interesting. Thank you very much for answering my questions.

Cadari, what is your opinion of Pac-Man?

D

Deleted member 245254

Wow, are you talking about this particular hat by any chance? Because that'd be awesome!
That's the one.

Thank's for doing this mate, you're doing a great job.

Anyway down to the questions:

1. Did you get a chance to play Pit? If so how is his overall feel and is the new recovery as effective as it was in Brawl?

2. Does Robin have an alt costume where he had his hood on?

3. How does Greninja feel overall?
1. Pit's fist is pretty neat, it does a ton of damage. Sort of like Little Mac's KO move if you hit someone with high %. It has a TERRIBLE lag on it if you whiff though. Don't miss. His recovery is obviously very nerfed as he cannot fly but it's fine.

2. The alternate costumes for Robin are just gender/hair color swaps (with match tinted robes).

3. Greninja is a great character with (I feel) a high skill cap. Great zoning. Good mobility. The shadow sneak I can't get enough of. Pretty light though.

Did you happen to catch a glimpse of any new Assist Trophies which you don't remember seeing from Brawl? I don't imagine there will be but it'd be nice to see any unannounced ones.

If that's not adequate enough for you: what sort of vibes did you get from the new Meta Knight? Did he feel any stronger, weaker, slower, quicker or different from before?
1. One thing that caught my attention was an Advance Wars assist trophy. The little 16 bit advance war sprites come out and march at your enemy with the tanks and stuff. It's funny.

2. Meta-Knight is not the same. His attacks, while still possessing that flashy "ka-chink" aesthetic are not nearly as intimidating as they are in Brawl, to the point where he is literally like a Melee character in Brawl. They have some start-up to them now, they aren't instantaneous. The shuttle loop nerf is hilarious, it basically mimics Marth's dolphin slash sorta except he like jolts up using his sword. His recovery is not even close to what it was in Brawl. I guarantee Meta-Knight will not be an issue as he was in Brawl.

Did Mega Man happen to have a pair of sunglasses or some kind of black visor in any of his alts?
Nope.

Hi! Thanks for all this informations! ;)

I'll just ask a question: does sweetspotted attacks such as Falcon's Knee of Justice or Zelda's Lighting kicks are easier to land than in Brawl?

Also, for Zelda's alt, do you remember a color where her hair turns purple? (as you stated, you are not that into characters colors, but if you remember this, it's enough to us :) )
Ummm...I don't remember purple but there was a costume where her hair turns completely white.

This may be an odd question but have you seen Peach's final smash. From what the leak group has found we saw that peaches don't fall from the sky (that and Rosaluma got eaten by a giant peach). Just want to know if it has been changed or hasn't.
It seemed the same as Brawl (IE kinda bad).

JediLink

Smash Ace
Why aren't you doing this on Reddit (you know, where you usually do AMAs)? And your avatar is really cute, what's it from?

Oh yeah, the game. So is Bowser's run --> crouch just a myth then? No one can actually run --> crouch?

Last edited:
Top Bottom