• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sorry for crashing Smashboards. I'm Zipzo. I played the release build demo of Smash 4. AMA!

• Thread starter Deleted member 245254
  • Start date

Ultra*HappyCharge

Smash Apprentice
@Zipzo Can I ask if Peach holds her dress on some occassion like her taunt, up smash (I think) and her dash, which is said to be similar to her running in 3D World? Will the turnips disappear after it hits someone? And lastly, is the Daisy-colored alt is back? Thanks~*

EDIT: Also what's new with her Final Smash ^_^

Last edited:

TeaTwoTime

Smash Ace
I'm curious about whether or not Robin's costumes change his hairstyles, hair colours, robe colours or a combination of the three. :) Of particular interest is whether or not his hood is wearable. Thanks. :)

Last edited:

cadari

Smash Rookie
Thanks again for putting up with us.

I'm mostly curious about your thoughts on Samus and Charizard.
I played Charizard once. I didn't notice any major differences aside from the new Sm4sh mechanics. In general, I found the new mechanics to make all players easier to play in the sense that they were slightly quicker and responded to my inputs (better than in Brawl) due to reduced lag.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Any new costumes spotted for Rosalina?

The ones that are officially confirmed already are:

-Default (light blue gown)
-Green-tinted gown
-Pink gown
-Gold gown
-White gown, with red secondary features (basically inverted Fire Rosalina without the ponytail)

So anything besides those are new. She has 3 unconfirmed alts (assuming she follows the 8 costume rule of most characters).

The alts should only effect Rosalina from what we've seen so far, but if you see any special examples where Luma seems different, that'd be cool to know too (like Luma wearing a hat or something).

And any noticeable changes on how Rosalina & Luma function or just general new info on her would be very appreciated! :)

KirbyCheatFurbyMeat

Smash Cadet
That's the one.

1. Pit's fist is pretty neat, it does a ton of damage. Sort of like Little Mac's KO move if you hit someone with high %. It has a TERRIBLE lag on it if you whiff though. Don't miss. His recovery is obviously very nerfed as he cannot fly but it's fine.

2. The alternate costumes for Robin are just gender/hair color swaps (with match tinted robes).

3. Greninja is a great character with (I feel) a high skill cap. Great zoning. Good mobility. The shadow sneak I can't get enough of. Pretty light though.

1. One thing that caught my attention was an Advance Wars assist trophy. The little 16 bit advance war sprites come out and march at your enemy with the tanks and stuff. It's funny.

2. Meta-Knight is not the same. His attacks, while still possessing that flashy "ka-chink" aesthetic are not nearly as intimidating as they are in Brawl, to the point where he is literally like a Melee character in Brawl. They have some start-up to them now, they aren't instantaneous. The shuttle loop nerf is hilarious, it basically mimics Marth's dolphin slash sorta except he like jolts up using his sword. His recovery is not even close to what it was in Brawl. I guarantee Meta-Knight will not be an issue as he was in Brawl.

Nope.

Ummm...I don't remember purple but there was a costume where her hair turns completely white.

It seemed the same as Brawl (IE kinda bad).

Oh, and of course, thank you so much for giving this information.

-Coco-

Smash Ace
Did you happen to notice any changes to Olimar. Movesets, costumes, etc?

Thanks for the hard work.

Last edited:

Losho

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheLosho
3DS FC
3883-7759-0830
@Zipzo Can you explain the black peach color swap and the Daisy one too? Is the Daisy one just a recolor again or is it closer to melee's slightly different model, or even a new model all in itself?

Thank you for all your hard work getting this information to us!

Last edited:

MrGameandBalls

Smash Apprentice
Did the game have anti aliasing (google it if you dont know what it is)
Do assist trophies run at 60fps too when 3D is off?

KingBroly

Smash Lord
What were Robin's options once his Spells were no longer usable? And how long does it take for them to recharge?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 245254

You mentioned that Little Mac has 16 costumes: 8 for the original and 8 for his Wireframe version. What were his costumes like as Wireframe Mac?
Mostly changes to his boxing gloves, and a couple with the pink-purple-ish hoodie on.

You've mentioned a few of MegaMan's alternate color schemes in earlier posts. Were all eight available in the demo? I'm mostly asking because I, and likely all MegaMan fans, want to know if there's a helmetless costume.
No helmet-less costume, sorry.

Did it have it's own icon or did it use the same Mushroom icon that represents most of the MArio characters??

Also...
It doesn't change his entire outfit. It basically matches the colors of his normal outfit really closely to the Fierce Diety image people have shown me, and makes his eyes white, and gives him the red stuff under his eyes. It's pretty close, but as for the actual skin of his outfit, they are still applying it to the typical Link outfit.

Can you answer my question? :( Did you notice any changes to Rosalina's final smash?

Thanks
Nope :(

I joined SmashBoards because I was really curious in regards to something.

If you saw any gameplay of Olimar, did he have a different model where he was Alph (one of the protagonists from Pikmin 3)?
Yup! He has 4 skins of Alph, and 4 of Olimar, totaling 8 alternate costumes.

cadari

Smash Rookie
How does the Paper Mario stage play?
It had a few forms. I saw two. The area from Sticker Star with the fan and a boat of some kind. It didn't seem like the forms rotated very quickly considering I only saw two forms in one match. The first one was kind of big and sorta hard to navigate. The fan wind came up once and was very strong (too strong to continue battling, really).

RedCap-BlueSpikes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RedCapBlueSpikes
Can Sonic shield out of his spindashes? I'm not sure if he could ever do that in any of the SSB4 demos, but I remember reading several people say that he could in the E3 ones. Just want so clarification on that, lol.

cadari

Smash Rookie
Did you happen to notice any changes to Olimar. Movesets, costumes, etc?

Thanks for the hard work.
I played against him a few times, but did not try him myself. I am not sure of any changes. Sorry.

KirbyCheatFurbyMeat

Smash Cadet
Mostly changes to his boxing gloves, and a couple with the pink-purple-ish hoodie on.

No helmet-less costume, sorry.

It doesn't change his entire outfit. It basically matches the colors of his normal outfit really closely to the Fierce Diety image people have shown me, and makes his eyes white, and gives him the red stuff under his eyes. It's pretty close, but as for the actual skin of his outfit, they are still applying it to the typical Link outfit.

Nope :(

Yup! He has 4 skins of Alph, and 4 of Olimar, totaling 8 alternate costumes.
Aww man, that's REALLY cool.

Does the announcer say "Alph", or is he still referred to as "Olimar"?

I won't ask too many questions because it must be overwhelming at this point, but this is great news to me. Thanks so much for the updates. You're doing God's work.

TeaTwoTime

Smash Ace
There's another AMA happening on Reddit at the moment. Not to shift the spotlight from Zipzo and cadari, but it would be worth taking a look to avoid asking questions that we already have answers for. :) The thread is here.

Besides Robin's hood being wearable or otherwise, I'd love to know how Samus felt. :)

Last edited:

Ryuutakeshi

Smash Lord
I played Charizard once. I didn't notice any major differences aside from the new Sm4sh mechanics. In general, I found the new mechanics to make all players easier to play in the sense that they were slightly quicker and responded to my inputs (better than in Brawl) due to reduced lag.
Anything noteworthy about his final smash? What about flare blitz?

KawaiiPiranha

Smash Journeyman
When Olimar uses an Alph alt, does the announcer call him Alph?

Did the veterans have new victory themes and voice acting? In the e3 build, most veterans' voices and victory themes were ripped right from Brawl.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
To start off, I'd like to thank you a lot for all of the info you've given us. I really do appreciate it. <3
I do have more of the basic questions again, and sorry if I'm being troublesome. Here's more Pit/Palutena related ones.

For Palutena
1: Somewhere mentioned that you could do different tricks with her Down-air. What's the move like?
2: How would you describe Palutena's playing style? I always thought she was a long-ranged defensive heavyweight according to how she sounds and looks.
3: I know what her Final Smash looks like, but can you angle the laser to your liking to hit opponents you may have missed?
4: Looks of some costumes color-wise? You don't have to answer this one, but you can tell I'm generally curious about Pit and Palutena the most.
5: Her taunts and victory taunt(s)?
6: Her throws and other moves I may not know about? (optional)

For Pit
1: I've been hearing about the Pink Pit costume a lot, and it seems to be really popular. Aside from wanting to know a bit about it, what's the purple and new black one like?
2: I know some said that his Guardian Orbitars can block physical attacks, but I'd like to know if it's true, and if they can do physical damage as well.
3: Pit's Final Smash. I know how it works by aiming up or down, but is the arrow-shooting (not the final part) at a random order, or can you decide which kind of arrows you can shoot before the final part happens? (optional)

For both
1: I'm curious if there's a secret Pit or Palutena codec taunt like Starfox has on the respective stage (Reset Bomb Forest). Probably not known yet, but it's all curious.
2: Pit's throws? I'm curious if any have changed compared to Brawl's.

I'm sorry if I don't have much questions as I wanted. Honestly, I'm too focused on knowing every single thing about Pit and Palutena as they are gonna be my mains. I appreciate it in advance. :4pit::4palutena:
If there's some questions about my questions you're worried about or want me to explain or something, feel free to ask me.

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Some I found in your videos were:
Golden Plains: 地上BGM / 地下BGM (スーパーマリオブラザーズ)
Find Mii: やみの王
The first one translates to "Above Ground BGM / Underground BGM (Super Mario Bros.)", the second translates to "King of Darkness".

(This, from my knowledge of Japanese. I'm not in Japan, though, but we all wish we were right now. :laugh:)

@Zipzo Don't know if this was answered, but when switching Olimar to Alph, does the name/announcer call change too?

infomon

Smash Scientist
Was there much landing lag if you airdodge into the ground?

If you run and then jump, does the jump carry momentum from the run?

Did you notice any Smash-DI?

D

Deleted member 245254

Hi Zipzo, thank you very much for doing all this testing :) it's all hugely appreciated!

With regards to Peach's Turnip Pull - are the Turnips you pull random? Did you (or anyone else) manage to pull a Stitchface/Bob-omb/Beam Sword/Mr. Saturn?
Did not pull any items, but the turnip type seems to be random. Didn't pull a "nasty" turnip though. Also, her turnip pulling speed is hugely nerfed. I can't emphasis that enough. It's way slower.

What were Robin's options once his Spells were no longer usable? And how long does it take for them to recharge?
You could still use magic attacks (b moves) when you lose his magic sword. The magic sword only dictates the properties of his smash attacks only. The magic sword literally recharges in like 5-7 seconds. I'm really not kidding here, you hardly notice it gone mostly but I can see it hurting in a pinch. Use it wisely! He is the only character I know of that can do attacks in the air with smash attack inputs.

@Zipzo Can you explain the black peach color swap and the Daisy one too? Is the Daisy one just a recolor again or is it closer to melee's slightly different model, or even a new model all in itself?

Thank you for all your hard work getting this information to us!
It's just a black dress. Still blond hair.

The daisy look is a color swap. She does not turn in to the actual Daisy.

cadari

Smash Rookie
Hi, thank you for giving us all this information, I do have a couple of questions though

1. What was your favorite character to play as?
2. How much of the game was in Japanese? I noticed the Announcer sounds the same.(at least at the end of matches.)
3. What color alts did Shulk Have?
I liked Pac-Man the most. (Probably cos he is new, but he was awesome.) Robin was awesome too, but I found the magic a bit hard to get used to.

Most of the game was in English EXCEPT for the menus which were all Japanese. Character names were all in English during games. I think that character names in the select screen were in Japanese.

I am not sure, on the colors for Shulk. He was fun to play, though. I thought he was fairly easy to pick-up to (for an experienced player, I guess).

WertQuadNine

Smash Journeyman
Was Alph an alt for Olimar? And if so, how did it look? Edit: my bad, already asked. How did it look though? Did the name change?

Last edited:

Losho

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheLosho
3DS FC
3883-7759-0830
Did not pull any items, but the turnip type seems to be random. Didn't pull a "nasty" turnip though. Also, her turnip pulling speed is hugely nerfed. I can't emphasis that enough. It's way slower.

You could still use magic attacks (b moves) when you lose his magic sword. The magic sword only dictates the properties of his smash attacks only. The magic sword literally recharges in like 5-7 seconds. I'm really not kidding here, you hardly notice it gone mostly but I can see it hurting in a pinch. Use it wisely! He is the only character I know of that can do attacks in the air with smash attack inputs.

It's just a black dress. Still blond hair.

The daisy look is a color swap. She does not turn in to the actual Daisy.
Oh, the black peach seems sick, thanks! :D

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Hey @Zipzo, I asked about the Assist Trophies and Diddy's colors. Can you tell what colors Diddy had as alts and were there any new Assist Trophies from the E3 Build.

EDIT: Sorry, it seemed you answered the ones with Assists apparently.

Last edited:

KingBroly

Smash Lord
This...is super odd, considering the reveal trailer leads you to believe that you can lose the Tome.

cadari

Smash Rookie
Did you happen to catch a glimpse of any new Assist Trophies which you don't remember seeing from Brawl? I don't imagine there will be but it'd be nice to see any unannounced ones.

If that's not adequate enough for you: what sort of vibes did you get from the new Meta Knight? Did he feel any stronger, weaker, slower, quicker or different from before?
I don't really remember any assist trophies in particular. I did see a master ball once, though. The pokemon wasn't special, though.
New Meta Knight felt more leveled. I didn't play as him, only against him, though, so I can't speak specifically.

SaucyDancer

Smash Ace
NNID
SaucyDancer
3DS FC
0576-4794-0041
Thanks for the answers. Just a few more questions, if you don't mind.

1. Are Pit's arrows useless now or are they still good?

2. Who was your favourite character to play?

3. How would you could sum up the game (from what you have played) in 5 words?

Thank you again mate!

Tomo009

Smash Apprentice
I think I may have worded my question really poorly I'll try to be more concise haha.

Does Shulk's neutral B just scroll through the monado buffs or is there some other method of controlling which one you get?

TeaTwoTime

Smash Ace
This...is super odd, considering the reveal trailer leads you to believe that you can lose the Tome.
He's only talking about the Levin sword there. You can lose his tomes as stated in the reveal trailer. :) An AMA on Reddit said the recharge timer was "reeeally fast tho, like maybe a couple seconds". :)

Top Bottom