• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sorry for crashing Smashboards. I'm Zipzo. I played the release build demo of Smash 4. AMA!

• Thread starter Deleted member 245254
  • Start date

GameDragon

Smash Cadet
I played him for one match. I found him pretty easy to get used to. He has some characteristics that make him stand out as more than just your average sword character. I noticed that if you do some smash attacks, it turns the character that was hit into a thing like a log or doll of some kind, but only for a short time. The log was very large, so I figured it couldn't be picked up. I didn't actually try to pick it up, though. If I remember correctly, his up+b goes straight up, but I just read that someone else said you can push b again and he will attack a second time, laterally.
Pretty sure you got fooled by Greninja.

cadari

Smash Rookie
I know there's a low chance due to the overwhelming amount of newer characters to pick from but did you get any chance to try out Sheik?

Any info would be fantastic
Haha. I wanted to, and I mentioned it to others we were with. Unfortunately, I don't think anyone did. I don't even remember playing against Shiek.

KirbyCheatFurbyMeat

Smash Cadet
Can I just make a quick post about colors?

We were pretty rushed to pick characters and such. We did our best to check as many as we could, but we cannot possibly remember what colors each character had and what hue of black or whatever. On top of that, the area that showed the color was pretty small on the bottom screen and was actually a different, 2D render of the character (as you can see on pictures we already have of the character select screen). The 3D render would show much more of the character, and there was no way we could check all of them.
Oh, alright then. Thanks for clarification.

I'm just REALLY curious about Alph and how he's handled. If he's called "Olimar" still, I really wouldn't like that.

Lautsuu~

Smash Journeyman
Opinions on Marth in this build? Is he still quick on his feet?

Any sign on Bandana Waddle Dee?

Thank you for doing this! :)

mattmonkey24

Smash Rookie
Can I just make a quick post about colors?

We were pretty rushed to pick characters and such. We did our best to check as many as we could, but we cannot possibly remember what colors each character had and what hue of black or whatever. On top of that, the area that showed the color was pretty small on the bottom screen and was actually a different, 2D render of the character (as you can see on pictures we already have of the character select screen). The 3D render would show much more of the character, and there was no way we could check all of them.
i found that in the demo i played which i believe was the e3 build

edit: i found that you couldn't tell much about alt colors and such in the second screen of the 3ds

Last edited:

Gamebro

Smash Rookie
NNID
Gamebrah
I'm gonna go ahead and ask a generic question, try and clear some things up about Link's alt/costume.

You said one of his alternate colors are that of the Fierce Deity, from Majora's Mask, I understand it applies the red and blue markings to his face, clears the pupils, and gives him a white tunic? Does it also give him white hair? Does it change the master sword at all? Does he get the chest armor that original Fierce Deity has, or is just the white tunic with some markings?

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Oh so THAT's why crashboards was happening...lol. Gotta love them apologetic titles.

Just a few of my questions:

1. Was the build on a 3DS cart or digital?
2. How many more characters did it have compared to the E3 build?
3. How fast does Shulk change Monado Stances?

Thanks for all this, hope I could get an answer even if brief :)

Last edited:

S£NPAI

Smash Apprentice
I'm gonna go ahead and ask a generic question, try and clear some things up about Link's alt/costume.

You said one of his alternate colors are that of the Fierce Deity, from Majora's Mask, I understand it applies the red and blue markings to his face, clears the pupils, and gives him a white tunic? Does it also give him white hair? Does it change the master sword at all? Does he get the chest armor that original Fierce Deity has, or is just the white tunic with some markings?
Zahiro on reddit confirmed that the master sword does not change, but the shield darkens a bit.

KayRule

Smash Rookie
Last edited:

Hukuzo

Smash Rookie

From what's been said so far, Fierce Deity is just a palette swap. He still has the Master Sword and whatnot.

RedCap-BlueSpikes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RedCapBlueSpikes
Alrighty, gonna ask this one more time before I head to bed (should've been to sleep, like, 6 hours ago lol), but can Sonic shield out of his Spindashes? I've seen a lot of people say that he could in the E3 demos but I don't think I've ever seen any proof of that. I would really like to know because, as you can see in my signature, I'm planning to main Sonic and that could help him quite a bit.

cadari

Smash Rookie

I think most people will be dissapointed the first time they play Marth. Imo, he was heavily nurfed. He is a bit slower and his hitboxes were much smaller.

Pretty sure you got fooled by Greninja.
Yes, this was my mistake. I just realized I was playing against Greninja in that match.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 245254

From what I remember it actually did not give him a white tunic. His tunic was a mixture of darker colors.

Gamebro

Smash Rookie
NNID
Gamebrah
Is it true Meta Knight has Galacta Knight as an alt? That's been thrown around a lot, and some people have doubts while others have quite a bit of hope.

Edit: Also, does the announcer say Alph when Alph is selected as an alt? Or does it just say Pikmin?

Last edited:

infomon

Smash Scientist
Alrighty, gonna ask this one more time before I head to bed (should've been to sleep, like, 6 hours ago lol), but can Sonic shield out of his Spindashes?
This is a tricky question because there are multiple ways that spindashes may or may not be cancellable:
  • side-B charging (shield-cancels in brawl only until it's fully charged)
  • down-B charging (not shield-cancellable in Brawl)
  • down-B as it lands on the ground (cancellable in Brawl, but not in the E3 demo)
  • side-B as it lands on the ground (not cancellable in Brawl nor the E3 demo)
Would like to hear the Japanese players' experience but they may not recall such detail.

D

Deleted member 245254

No sign of Waddle Dee that I could see.

Marth is quick on his feet, but his hitbox is nerfed and he cannot double fair in a short hop.

cadari

Smash Rookie
Did someone feel clearly underwhelming/overpowered?
Not really, as far as I could tell. Bowser is much faster and seems to be more powerful than before. Too much? idk. I liked it, but I was winning. haha

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
Thanks for all the hard work- it's very appreciated!

I've got a quick and fun question... did you see what happens when Little Mac enters the stage with his goodie costume?

KayRule

Smash Rookie
Does the announcer say Alph when the costume is used, or does he refer to him as Olimar still like a BrawlVault mod?

ApolloJustice

Smash Rookie
NNID
Trips97
3DS FC
4399-1028-9689
Switch FC
SW 3765 5242 2129
How many Final Smashes did you guys get to try and (if, any) which veteran's FSs are different?

Zortification

Smash Rookie
How did Zelda feel in this game? Was she buffed from Brawl? Also, how useful is her new Down B, the Phantom?

Thanks so much in advance! You're our hero!

Bootortle

Smash Apprentice
NNID
J-Dudd
3DS FC
0259-0284-1711
Switch FC
SW-4554-3900-0616
Who was your favorite character to play as?
Also, was there orange Yoshi?

It's quite nice of you to be doing this. Gracias.

Shariq

Smash Journeyman
I see you like Sonic and played him a decent amount in the demo. How does he feel? Is he way better than Brawl Sonic? I know the main changes that he has received (new down smash, new up air, altered side b), but are there any other changes that a Sonic main would notice? Also thank you so much for doing all of this for us :)

Sorry for asking again.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Coming back cause I couldn't sleep...

I feel that people should read the thread before asking questions...

That way we don't get millions of is Ike's flames blue or does he say Alph?

Bobert

"...And His Music Was Electric"
NNID
MetallicBlur
Switch FC
SW-1415-6753-4608
Is Sonic any better than he was in brawl at all?

Thanks in advance.

cadari

Smash Rookie
Oh so THAT's why crashboards was happening...lol. Gotta love them apologetic titles.

Just a few of my questions:

1. Was the build on a 3DS cart or digital?
2. How many more characters did it have compared to the E3 build?
3. How fast does Shulk change Monado Stances?

Thanks for all this, hope I could get an answer even if brief :)
1. It was on 3DSs they brought. They had 4 single player ones and two tables of 4-player matches.

2. Check out the videos I took. Here is a link to my reddit comment.

3. I thought he changed pretty quick.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
Not going to ask any questions in this post (saving that for your stream !! ), but I just wanna reiterate how seriously grateful we are as a community to have you go out and do all of this for the past dozen or so hours. Really shows how much you love the game and the future of what you're capable of as a player for the meta (that goes out to you as well, cadari).

Very excited to see you and Relax Alax collab come Sept. 13th and I hope you had a blast today.
Also wanna throw out that people asking questions should try to save Zipso some time by reading back on what has already been asked for efficiency. Too many questions have been repeated that have already received an answer.

Game sounds (and now due to y'all) LOOKS amazing. IT'S HAPPENING!!
Again. Zipso and cadari, thank you!

Last edited:
Top Bottom