• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sons of Greil- Ike Tournament Results

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
I failed at my tournament like I predicted. I lost to a New Mexico Ike and then some random snake who wasn't to bad but had it not been Ike I could have won easily. He was calling chain grabbing cheating which really makes me feel like picking up falco to get easy wins... Go ahead and yell at my silven.

Kirk

Smash Champion
I got...2nd today xD

GAAAAHHHALKDJASLKDJHAJKFHKJAS

ahem...

So yeah, I was pretty smooth sailing all the way to the grand finals. The guy who beat me, Tink, I beat him in the winner's bracket when he was using Wario. Then he comes back up the loser's bracket to face me again. He pulls out his G&W... he won both sets 3-2...it went to the last match...all the games were pretty much down to the wire.

I'm just sad that I can beat his Wario easily...but his G&W gave me a very tough time.

Regardless, a VERY nice challenge, and I had a lot of fun.

2nd out of 29 in singles.
1st out of 9 in doubles.

Results thread to come once it gets posted.

SaltyKracka

Smash Lord
I got...2nd today xD

GAAAAHHHALKDJASLKDJHAJKFHKJAS

ahem...

So yeah, I was pretty smooth sailing all the way to the grand finals. The guy who beat me, Tink, I beat him in the winner's bracket when he was using Wario. Then he comes back up the loser's bracket to face me again. He pulls out his G&W... he won both sets 3-2...it went to the last match...all the games were pretty much down to the wire.

I'm just sad that I can beat his Wario easily...but his G&W gave me a very tough time.

Regardless, a VERY nice challenge, and I had a lot of fun.

2nd out of 29 in singles.
1st out of 9 in doubles.

Results thread to come once it gets posted.
Kirk, you own too hard. Now all we need is for you and Kosk to do the Fusion Dance and get the ultimate Brawler as a result.

XACE-K

Smash Master
Why should local tournies count? You can go to those and win with any character... *_*

This list is so flawed :)
Local youtnies are the only tournies I can go to. I want to go to the city for tournies but my parents are ove-protective and persuasion didn't work on them for letting me go.

Hoser

Smash Ace
I'm pumped right now, because I just found out there's going to be 2 or 3 tournaments in the next month in Maine. I'm going to go to all of them with Ike only (unless in the unlikely event I get 3-stocked by someone, I'll switch to Lucario. But I don't see that happening.). I'll get to go up against Dazwa, Darc, Banks, and Boxman (assuming they all come). And of coruse, I plan to beat them all (XD)

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
o **** turns out I got 9th but the turn out was really gay. http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=199961&page=54 not like I'd get points anyways but guess I wasn't a total failure. And another Ike did better than me so thats always kool.

I got 3rd in doubles 4 stocking that Ike's team too. It was so awesome. Then my partner ****ed up in winners finals SDing 4 times!!! then I ****ed up in looser's finals and had to take his stock every match. If my original partner hadn't been all gay and shown up I probably would have won since we do a lot better.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Oh, yeah right Arturo. Me and Jon owned you and Anthony like five times after the tourney.

Banks

Smash Hero
I'm pumped right now, because I just found out there's going to be 2 or 3 tournaments in the next month in Maine.
I know about dazwa's (definitely going) and that jman115 guys thing (maybe going), but what is the third?

let me know if you want to play online sometime before all the tournaments, I haven't played brawl in a while >__<

Hoser

Smash Ace
Apparently if you talk about someone in this topic, they find their way here (lol @ searching for your name Banks and Cactuar)

There is a possibility of one in Kittery: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=204353 Dazwa said he'd probably go.

I'd be down to play online sometime, since the lag will probably be little-to-none. I'm hoping I'll be able to beat your MK this time though, I seem to recall you 2 stocking me both rounds at ******* and Rootbeer. But I also sucked a lot more back then too. (But I did beat your Falcon in a friendly before the tournament XD)

Btw, me and my friends have been wanting to have some kind of smashfest or something with the other Maine brawlers (none of us play Melee because they're all ***s, and I can't play alone), any chance you'd be interested in coing down to Lewiston sometime in the future? We don't exactly have a set date yet though, it all depends on who would be willing to come and stuff.

Banks

Smash Hero
Yea that's a possibility, it's funny because down here it's like the opposite, everyone is mainly a melee player but dazwa likes brawl so we sometimes play it with him or sometimes for fun. We have smashfests here sometimes too, just let me know when u do and we'll try to go thurr.

as for playing online, add my AIM: BanksNSG
and we can play whenever we r both on.

and yes, I search my name regularly ^__^

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Just got back from the Arena51 biweekly today. There weren't that many people here today (like 12 or 13) and the previous winner JesiahTEG wasn't here, either, but the competition was still pretty tough

I used all Ike, got 3rd again.

I might not remember all of this 100% accurate lol
I was seeded to start round 2
my 1st round against PhiSH: 1st battle: snake 2nd battle: R.O.B at lylat Cruise
my 2nd round against Xiivi: 2 battles against snake, won them both. It was pretty tough
winner's finals: Pika!Pika! used pikachu, beat me both games: lylat cruise and Green greens
Loser's finals: Lost to Owna 3-1 I won the first game at FD, lost at FD, lost at pirate ship, and lost at corneria

PikaPika won the biweekly 5-3 against owna

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Owna mains metaknight. He killed me with a double collision (his nair vs my fair). I had a pretty high % so I died.

His meta knight is tough for me to fight because he played against Kirk so much and he told me that Kirk talked with him about fighting Ike, so he has some pretty good experience facing Ikes.

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
I read the first 3 words and stopped. I understand completely.

I hate how MK's does more damage than Ike's jab and kills at high percents. try to get videos next time people should be recording the finals.

Kirk

Smash Champion
No tournament love for Ike? :/

Here's one from last weekend:

http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=5991130&postcount=4485

And for the heck of it, I'll share my experience from the tourney.

(Warning...LARGE amounts of text to follow...if you don't care then stop reading now...I like to write things out and remember what happend to better understand what I was doing)

--------------------------------------------
Doubles (18 Teams, $15 Entry). Brief Summary.

Had a few close matches here and there, but my partner(Cosmo, plays G&W) and I made it to the grand finals.

We played against a Wolf+MK team, who we beat 2-1 in the winner's bracket beforehand. We barely lost the first set 3-2...and then lost the 2nd set 3-1. The loss was mostly my fault...I got ***** pretty hard...moreso as the matches went on. Methinks I just ended up getting too predictable and not playing the way I should have. Lesson learned.

Singles time (40 Entrants, $15 Entry). I went exclusively Ike.

Pools: I wasn't in them. They seeded the top 4 teams into the bracket automatically. So I sit and wait for an hour. Actually I took a nap with my awesome fuzzy hat...but that's another story.

Winner's bracket. Round 1. --vs. Melinda(Ike)

Game 1 - First, I'll throw this out there...I DREAD Ike dittos. I don't know what it is...I just can't do them. 1st game I won relatively easily...though it was a close game.

Game 2 - CP was on Castle Siege...I get 2 stocked. I was probably just psyching myself out for whatever reason. The person playing me knew who I was and even went to say "Please don't lose to me...you're better than that." There was no reason for me to lose...yet that's the way things were looking.

Game 3 - I chose Battlefield. I lost the first stock...things looking dismal for me. I finally decided to just pull it together and actually THINK about what the **** I was doing. I started to play much smarter and ended up with the win. Another lesson learned.

Winner's bracket. Round 2. --vs. Ook(Donkey Kong/ZSS)

Game 1 - Ook is a beast DK. I love that guy. Anyway, first match was on Smashville. I just kept my spacing, and predicted his moves fairly well. He liked to jump out of my jabs...so I ended up just Bairing/Uairing him out of it. He almost got a Cargo Dthrow away from the stage gimp on me...but somehow I made it back. :o Final kill was with an Aetherspike...DK's demise. I win, 1 stock left.

Game 2 - CP was on Rainbow Cruise. I was doing very well, surprisingly. I had played Rainbow Cruise for a few games during doubles. After this match, it solidified my new found opinion that Rainbow Cruise is actually a decent Ike stage. I enjoyed the moving platforms and general control you can have using Ike's aerials. Near blastzones at some parts are also a nice bonus. BUT, you just have to be careful...you can die yourself quite easily...which is exactly what happened to me. I was winning...last stock, Ook had 120%+ and I had 20%-ish. I try to Aether onto the swinging pendulum...too late to realize it was swinging away from me...death. Oh well. Another lesson learned. :o

Game 3 - Pirate Ship! <3 this stage. He switched to ZZS. I had control the majority of the match...taking a two stock lead early with some water spikes and good stage control. Victory was mine. 2 Stocks left.

Winner's bracket. Round 3. --vs. Chexr(Wolf/Kirby)

Game 1 - This was the guy who was on the 1st place doubles team that beat my team previously...very nice Wolf. Smashville was the first stage. I...*****. Like...my jab game was spot on, my smashes were perfectly placed, I baited attacks/airdodges, etc. I could tell on the last stock he was starting to lose hope. My last attack was a fully charged Usmash near the ledge. He didn't expect me to charge it for that long...and jumped right into it. He then DI'd away from the stage and killed himself. I win, 3 stocks remaining.

Game 2 - He CP's Frigate Orpheon(sp?) and changes to Kirby. This match was closer...he mainly liked to use multiple jumps to bait attacks and counter with Dair or Bair walls. In the end, my Fair was too long and awesome...and he fell for the same trick as the last game...charge Usmash at the ledge. I win, 1 stock remaining.

Winner's bracket. Round 4(Winner's Semis). --vs. Tink(Wario/G&W)

Game 1 - I've played with this guy MANY times in the past. We usually go back and forth in set wins. BF was chosen...he was G&W. I did much better than I usually do against G&W. My jab game saved me here...jabbing out of shield, jab/grabs, quick succession strings and the like. I win with 1 stock, 0%. G&W is way too light for his own good...

Game 2 - He CPs Pokemon Stadium 1 and changes to Wario. The match was going in my favor...I had him down to the last stock, 100%+, and I had 1 stock 0%. My goal was to get a bit more damage in with jabs...then go for the grab for the grab release uptilt combo. He knows this very well, because I do it to him all the time. xD This was my downfall...he made a huge comeback, us both ending up at 130+%. I was panicing and just using jabs as a 'GTFO' attack. I finally had my oppurtunity for a grab when I powershielded his Fsmash, but I was still freaking out a bit and jab, jab, jabbed him away. I ended up losing the match. Very close game.

Game 3 - I chose Green Greens, since he banned Pirate Ship (he knows me too well :p ). Disaster struck. I get owned. Got stage spiked by a bomb...things go wrong. He played very well and I didn't, simple as that. He didn't give up and he was rewarded for it. I lost my composure and in turn lost the set. I should have won the last game, which would have netted me a at least 3rd place, but it didn't happen. My own fault. No Johns. ANOTHER lesson learned. (See the pattern here?)

Loser's bracket. Round 5. --vs. Cosmo(G&W)

My doubles partner. He LOVES to edgecamp. Makes it very hard to edgeguard. I don't remember the games too well, so I'll give a basic summary. I got 1 Dtilt off as he was ledgecamping. Other than that, I just stayed far away and waited for him to get off. It's not worth it to go out there...not by a mile. I was surprised when fighting him...a lot of his spacing was off and I could shieldgrab and jab punish him easily. Not to say he's a bad player, but he just made some mistakes from what I could tell. I won the first game on Smashville, he wins the second on Yoshi's Island. I CP Pirate Ship...and beat him pretty good. I broke his shield with Fsmash early in the game...then KO'd him with a fully charged Fsmash at 12%. So satisfying. Momentum kept with me the rest of the way and I won the set.

Loser's bracket. Round 6(Loser's Semis). --vs. Chexr(Wolf)

We meet again. I won't bother with the play by play. I got ***** pretty bad. He basically figured me out and I became too predictable in the end. I was jabbing way too much just to try and get some percent on him...that doesn't work too well. He 2-0's me in the set.

I'm out. 4th place. AGAIN. :(

So there you have it. It probably wasn't necessary to write ALL of this out, but it's at least still good for me to get it out and rethink about my matches. The big lesson here is...LEARN from your mistakes. That's what I'm trying to do here.

The tourney was fun as **** though. :D My fuzzy hat was the star of the show...seriously.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I enjoyed reading it Kirk lol.. Yea stop being predictable silly.. whenever you go to NY again (or any of the tri-state area, NJ, NY, PA) Let me know, I'll try to go so I can watch in person. And we can have a dreaded ditto ;D (that we both hate lol)

How the hell do you lose to someone you 3 stocked?

Kirk

Smash Champion
I enjoyed reading it Kirk lol.. Yea stop being predictable silly.. whenever you go to NY again (or any of the tri-state area, NJ, NY, PA) Let me know, I'll try to go so I can watch in person. And we can have a dreaded ditto ;D (that we both hate lol)

How the hell do you lose to someone you 3 stocked?
Glad you enjoyed it. I may consider doing this more often...depending on if it does help out some of the other tourney Ikes out there...or even just for myself. I like sharing and it gets things out there I wouldn't have known until now. :o

I'll be sure to let you know if I'm ever in the area...just don't count on it anytime soon. :/

Everyone has their bad matches...I just had the momentum and kept it for that match and he basically just fell apart. He's an awesome player...and the tables basically turned when we met again in the brackets.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Glad you enjoyed it. I may consider doing this more often...depending on if it does help out some of the other tourney Ikes out there...or even just for myself. I like sharing and it gets things out there I wouldn't have known until now. :o

I'll be sure to let you know if I'm ever in the area...just don't count on it anytime soon. :/

Everyone has their bad matches...I just had the momentum and kept it for that match and he basically just fell apart. He's an awesome player...and the tables basically turned when we met again in the brackets.
I wouldn't count on it either ^^ My family is taking a vacation to Maryland, then Tennessee, then Louisiana during the winter break... so yea, college already makes it hard to go to tourneys. (I haven't played brawl in like... 2 months)

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master

Come to final smash 5 it will help me out =P TL:DR though I will later on but i just got on here at school briefly since I finished my accounting. time to go though bells about to ring.

edit: very fun story to read. Theres no tourney love for Ike because your like the only one who gets to go often now. Ryko seems to have had a bad experience with an OOS trip and I only get to go to tournaments like once a month. Next one is in jan 10th unless I host one my self but not sure when to do it since EP has trouble advertising.

Royta

Smash Journeyman
Might be worth mentioning ;p

I turned in 25th at The New Order Tournement 2, from the 97 players.

Lost in the second match against a Falco, got destroyed big time. Did pretty well in the loserbracket, going all the way up untill i met a Metaknight that gave me a good fight (very close match). Lost on Battlefield and Brinstar =/

Was my first tournement ever, and used almost only Ike (used Bowser once), so i'm pretty satisfied ^^

metroid1117

Smash Master
Kirk and I went to Cyber Arena X (separately, we just met each other there) yesterday. It's not much to brag about, but I got 9th out of 28 (44 if you include players not knocked out by pools). I came first in my pool, I was pretty pleased with that (admittedly though, the players in my pool weren't that good; except for the guy that beat me, I was 2-3 stocking the majority of my opponents).

Hopefully Kirk won't mind me posting the link to the tournament; I'll let him tell what place he got.

http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=3563

Kirk

Smash Champion
5th for me. Was pretty much a 'meh' day.

Winner's bracket:

1st round: Bye...because I ***** in pools.

2nd round: vs. Quick(Wario) - Bad*** Wario I might add. I beat him 1st game...then he switches to Toon Link because he told me himself he couldn't beat my Ike with Wario so he tried something different. I win despite an early suicide on my part(messed up a reverse Aether on FD...got caught under the lip and died at 14%).

3rd round: vs. infernohit(G&W) - I can't play ****ing G&W! He wins the 1st game...I CP Pirate Ship...he switches to Ness...I win by 2 stock. He switches back to G&W and CPs Frigate Orpheon. He two stocks me. I really need to learn the **** matchup better. :/

Loser's bracket:

4th round: vs. Dragn(Yoshi) - Never seen this guy before...but it was a pretty easy match. I 2-0 him with no trouble.

5th round: vs. Hunger(Snake) - One of the best players in WI...and I think hes the one who knocked out Metroid. :/ In any event, a VERY fun set. I win the 1st game on BF...very close game...Bair platform abuse ftw. 2nd game he CPs Jungle Japes(the one set I DON'T ban it >.>) and he two stocks me. 3rd game I CP Pirate Ship...I break his shield with a charged QD...waiting is fun. :D Gave me the early lead...water spikes and the like...I win with little trouble. Fun *** set.

6th round: vs. Bowyer(Metaknight) - MK from MI. 'nuff said >.>. It was funny though because as soon as we started, before we plugged our controllers in, he was like "I ban Pirate Ship." He saw my previous match against Hunger. xD Anyway, MK is tough. :o I got grabbed way too much when I looked back at it. Recovering was also a pain...I only got gimped like...once or twice out of the whole set, which isn't too bad... xD QD was actually helpful...even it means taking a hit...you still get to live. :D He 2-0's me...close games both times.

Meh.

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
Pirate ship is broken with Ike. If only there was a stage as good as that one for Ike then Ike would at least win one match ever set =P. But I can't think of any.

What stage did you ban instead of jungle japes kirk? And what stage did you counter pick against MK? (as if it mattered x_x)

@nintendo: try and get some pratice in before FS5 by asking for friendlies from the people who live close to you so at least you have some experience against tourney goers.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
@AB: I'm going to that gaming club thingy I told you about tomorrow. I think there might be one or two people who go to tournaments. There was one guy last year who went to Melee tournaments. But I don't think he was any good....

XACE-K

Smash Master
No results? Stories? Anything?
More of my friends are bringing Brawl+ to the tournies I go to so that might get me back to playing Brawl. But it'll still be the same local, small, ineligible to help Ike's rank on Ankoku's list tourney.

Palpi

Smash Hero
Hopefully I play good on January 17th and February 7th and 8th. I have lots of practice to do though.

@pirate ship talk. Pirate Ship is banned at the tourney's I go to. It is a sad day, but I THINK(?) cot4 is making it a cp.

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
More of my friends are bringing Brawl+ to the tournies I go to so that might get me back to playing Brawl. But it'll still be the same local, small, ineligible to help Ike's rank on Ankoku's list tourney.
your tournament doesn't get more than 13 people?

Thats all thats needed no entry fee lol. It will help Ike a bit w/e 130/160 is if you get first.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I got to use pirate ship in a tourney since it was in LA... Too good, I ***** everyone there. Too bad I still screwed myself over in the other rounds.

I'll write a story.. It's pathetic of me though..

Well it's a LA tourney and I haven't touched brawl in 2-3 months due to stress from college and such. I was not at a tournament mentally when I started. It was a 20 man tourney. I made 12th :/

Pools: I managed to make 3rd out of 5 in it where 5th was taken out. I went 4-6 with only one set win.. Against an Olimar.... With Ike too.. Finishing blow was planned out. I had a pikmin on my head so I abused it to make my fsmash longer and kill him at 70% for the win. I also had to fight Sudai, #2 in LA. I was the only one to take a round from him in pools (Pirate ship ftw)

Winners round one: vs John
I had to fight a TL. He is mad good and we had been playing friendlies for so long before the tourney since we were the first two there. I went Ike and lost the first round. I CP'd PS2 to not risk TL's amazing spike on PS. But I still lost. I knew. Should have gone pikachu since in friendlies I had actually beaten him with pika, but I was stubborn.

Loser's round one: vs CJ
I lost myself in this set. I was too nervous since I haven't played in too long. He played Snake round one and I was just nor thinking straight. 1 stocked. I CP Pirate ship but he switched to DDD... I was so nervous I instintively went pikachu forgetting I picked PS. I was Playing with so much regret. After eating a gordo my mind shut off and just lost.

Draft crews: we had 2 captains and they pick people like a team. I was picked last.. Yay! I caused the most crowd noise though.

I was sent in against a Lucas with 1 stock left and finished him off without dying. The team sends out... A Falco against me. Surprising I win with 1 stock left. I fsmash him 3 times. Next I went against a Pit. I only took one stock but it was epicly taken. I start charging eruption and someone yells "Its a trap!" and Pit attacks me right then. But I had let go of eruption and it was all perfect timing.

Doubles friendlies: Me and John vs Sudai and Lee Martin

Yea... Playing #1 and 2 in doubles. lee was drunk though but he still *****. We got 4-6 stocked whenever he went MK. I still fsmashed Lee when he was MK once :laugh: we then did random doubles. Good times.

Yea LA was fun.

Hoser

Smash Ace
I should update this... *yawn*

I got 7th at The Maine Brawl a few weeks ago. First round I lost to Boxman's MK. The second round I CP'ed Pirate Ship, and the whole time it was close. It came down to the last stock, I had like 20% and he had 70%, and I stupidly got spiked by the ship trying to do a U-air.

I beat down a random Lucas in the loser's bracket. Then I 2 stocked the T/O's Tlink both rounds, Then I faced a Ness. He won the first round, I three stocked him the second round (Pirate Ship FTW), and in the third round, he CP'ed Corneria, and healed himself like 300% throughout the battle with the ships lasers. Even with that, I almost won.

Then I got 9th a week later at LOBSTER3. First round I faced Darc x_x Then in loser's I faced this kid Armus, who I played a while back at another tournament. First round his Marth beat my Ike. The second round I challenged his manhood, and demanded an Ike ditto, which I won. Then the third round my Ike two stocked his Marth. Then I got beat down by Ace's (MdrnDayMercutio) DK.

I'm aiming for higher at the next tournament, on January 31st.

Top Bottom