• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sonic's Music

kouryuuXfighter

Smash Ace
Live and Learn just doesn't seem like it would suit Brawl as a battle music IMO. I love the choice they made with the Angel Island Zone though :)

CodeBlack

Smash Ace
It's cool that they brought back the Angel Island music, but it sounds like they're trying to mix the old style game music with the newer game music, and something sounds off...

domriver

Smash Lord
I enjoyed both songs for Sonic. Live and Learn and that Angel Island music. Great. I think Live and Learn will probably be the music I'll be using for Sonic levels. *if any* jejej

Gerudo Warrior

Smash Master
i am more confident about angel island zone now. The background would be epic..... the floating island. Complete with tails flying in his pane in the background

SonicMario

Smash Master
Ueah. Sonic the Hedgehog 3 was an awesome game. It would be very interesting if that was the main representation in the Sonic series. Sonic the Hedgehog 3 FTW

Gerudo Warrior

Smash Master
sonic 3 was a great game. but i favor sonic 2 simply because of personal preference. Sonic 3 is looking like the main theme. Angel island music won't work on green hill. Angel island would be epic with the death egg in the background (that is a must have)

SonicMario

Smash Master
So what if Angel Island music could be on Green Hill? Live & Learn won't make sense on ANY classic level. So I don't give a beaver dam

NessOnett

Smash Journeyman
City Escape was a personal favorite of mine, and i doubt I'm alone in that. I could also see myself fighting to All Hail Shadow(in fact i have had that in the background very often while playing melee), but don't expect it since shadow won't be playable(though if he's an unlikely boss...). Retro would be better though probably, green hill zone ftw!

Got Blood?

Smash Lord
City Escape was an incredible song. Also, I know they wouldn't pull this one out, but the song when Shadow and Sonic fight each other at the end of SA2.Greatest action song ever.And the orchestrated version of his world as well.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=J-hqhpSPc-Y

if anyone wants to listen to it.Easily brawl worthy.

finalark

SNORLAX
City Escape was an incredible song. Also, I know they wouldn't pull this one out, but the song when Shadow and Sonic fight each other at the end of SA2.Greatest action song ever.And the orchestrated version of his world as well.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=J-hqhpSPc-Y

if anyone wants to listen to it.Easily brawl worthy.
Great ideas, it's a bit on the repetitive side, though.

Got Blood?

Smash Lord
Didn't say it wasn't good music, but SA2 has superior music to most other Sonic games.

Lol you really are a noob, because 3d sonic game can't have good music Am I right?
QFT.And your location makes me ask,does the name ''Ixis Nagus" ring a bell?

HolyNightmare

Smash Champion
Didn't say it wasn't good music, but SA2 has superior music to most other Sonic games.

QFT.And your location makes me ask,does the name ''Ixis Nagus" ring a bell?
Ahaha the wizard? He completely lost his mind in the comic currently he's under Mammoth Mogul control.

P.S: Yes its the same void, I am a old Sonic fan and I still follow the Archie comics.

Got Blood?

Smash Lord
I know but after the Sonic Vs. Tails arc things have been getting better, after the Enerjak Saga everything should be in order again.
I wanted to read that issue. After the only place that sells comic books packed up and left,I haven't had any way of reading Sonic Comics.But I found a new place,so it's all good. The last one I bought actually was the one where he returns to Earth.Very old...:ohwell:

Got Blood?

Smash Lord
Ya.I remember seeing the cover on the Sonic HQ site and looking foward to it, but it seems to have passed me by...

HolyNightmare

Smash Champion
lol. no. i am just a sonic fan who thinks the games have gotten extremely tacky and crap. i did not dismiss all the games, just his suggestions. We all know that the classic sonic games are the best in every aspect.
Its true however you seem to have missed the fact even though the recent Sonic game havn't been as good they still have good music.

SonicMario

Smash Master
IIt's odd that Sega can make the game SOUND and/or LOOK good. But the overall game is bad. It's just a little liar in ads and the case. It makes you go like: "OMG, This looks like a good game!". When you play it and you have wasted $50 on it., you feel bad and decide either to sell it back or if horrible enough: Keep it but lock it away forever so you nobody plays it. Not even you.

Got Blood?

Smash Lord
I think all the 3D Sonic games are garbage with the exception of SA2 and Sonic and the Secret Rings.I stand by saying that SA2 has some of the best music in a Sonic game.

@SonicMario: Agreed.Really good cutscenes and mostly very good voice acting, but the games just end up sucking...:\

HolyNightmare

Smash Champion
IIt's odd that Sega can make the game SOUND and/or LOOK good. But the overall game is bad. It's just a little liar in ads and the case. It makes you go like: "OMG, This looks like a good game!". When you play it and you have wasted $50 on it., you feel bad and decide either to sell it back or if horrible enough: Keep it but lock it away forever so you nobody plays it. Not even you.
I am still waiting for Sega to drop 4kids so the characters can have decent voices again, not like all of them do a terrible job.
Mike Pollock does a good Eggman/Robotnik and I actually prefer Liza Ortis(sp?) voicing Amy even though I don't really care about her personally.

finalark

SNORLAX
Ixis Nagus wasn't in Sonic 3 or any Sonic games for that matter.He was in SATAM and the Sonic archie comics.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ixis_Naugus

He lives in the void, and I thought that it was the same void that Holy Nightmare was referring to.
Yeah, I knew that. I didn't realize why that sounded so familiar until I posted... and then my internet stopped working.

AllanT

Smash Apprentice
i think some people posted this a little farther back, but you've got to go with emerald hill zone from sonic the hedgehog 2.

they have angel island zone, so why not emerald hill? it'd sound great too.

Del Money

Smash Champion
i think some people posted this a little farther back, but you've got to go with emerald hill zone from sonic the hedgehog 2.

they have angel island zone, so why not emerald hill? it'd sound great too.
Emerald Hill was my original primary choice for stage music...but then I creamed my britches over Fly Battery Zone. Nonetheless, this Angel Island music is too good. But I'm sure Jun Senoue could easily remix several more classic Sonic level tracks into a work of art...maybe a potential CD? Anone up for starting a little petition?

smashbro29

Smash Champion
NNID
Smashbro29
3DS FC
2724-0750-5127
I am still waiting for Sega to drop 4kids so the characters can have decent voices again, not like all of them do a terrible job.
Mike Pollock does a good Eggman/Robotnik and I actually prefer Liza Ortis(sp?) voicing Amy even though I don't really care about her personally.
thank you finally someone who agrees with me!

Got Blood?

Smash Lord
I don't necessarliy think that Sonic's or Tails' voices are that bad from 4kids. The difference between 4kids (can't remember his name) and Ryan Drummond was that Drummond seemed more to be into his character.I think that the 4kids guy is good,but he just doesn't have the emotion.

Top Bottom