• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sonic's Music

SonicMario

Smash Master
We really need to start talking about the music rather then the voices.

Too bad there won't be a Dojo Update for a whole week. But that only get sme optimistic that a very great update on that week.

Got Blood?

Smash Lord
We really need to start talking about the music rather then the voices.

Too bad there won't be a Dojo Update for a whole week. But that only get sme optimistic that a very great update on that week.
I don't think it matters what we talk about as long as it's Sonic related.And I agree with that second part.Wonder what tomorrow's update is going to be.

HolyNightmare

Smash Champion
From Jun Senoue himself:

Hello all,

I just finished all the work for the brand new compilation CD of Sonic related music called "True Blue". There are 21 tracks on it and I am trying to release it in American / European market too.... just see what happens...

Here's the link for today's update for Smash Brothers website and you can listen to the song which I provided to them...
http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/music/music19.html

Thanks for your support and I hope you will have a great holiday season.
Take care,

Jun!
Source:
http://junsenoue.com/component/option,com_joomlaboard/Itemid,29/func,view/id,13598/catid,2/

You know what this means? This mean that every Sonic music found in SSBB come from the CD that Sega will release....guess what its been released the 23rd January one day after the Brawl Japanese release date.
Can't wait till this get ripped the 23rd so we can listen to all the Sonic music up there :)

Gerudo Warrior

Smash Master
From Jun Senoue himself:

Source:
http://junsenoue.com/component/option,com_joomlaboard/Itemid,29/func,view/id,13598/catid,2/

You know what this means? This mean that every Sonic music found in SSBB come from the CD that Sega will release....guess what its been released the 23rd January one day after the Brawl Japanese release date.
Can't wait till this get ripped the 23rd so we can listen to all the Sonic music up there :)
vety nice find bro. where did you come across that?

Del Money

Smash Champion
From Jun Senoue himself:

Source:

Should that CD contain cover of more classic Sonic level music, I'll probably have to go through like 5 pairs of boxers and pants before I go out in public...

D

Deleted member

I just noticed something ironic. These is the chorus to Live and Learn:

Live and learn!
Hanging on the edge of tomorrow
Live and learn!
From the works of yesterday
Live and learn
If you beg or if you borrow
Live and learn!
You may never find your way

That's exactly what Sakurai is doing--begging for and borrowing characters

Just thought I'd point it out

Oh, and Mystic Mansion and Marble Zone for Brawl

Toologist

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Toologist
3DS FC
0963-1281-8162
There are SOOO many songs from many Sonic games that I would LOVE to hear in Brawl, but if I had to choose a few, they would be Lava Reef Act 1 and the S3&K medley. I honestly wouldn't mind "His World" either, no matter if it's from Crush 40, Zebrahead, or whoever.

Got Blood?

Smash Lord

Live and learn!
Live and learn!
Live and learn
Live and learn!

Uh..:dizzy:

MM125

Smash Rookie

Live and learn!
Live and learn!
Live and learn
Live and learn!

Oh, and Mystic Mansion and Marble Zone for Brawl
Not really

MIRAI87

Smash Journeyman
I don't think he's really begging for anyone. People begged him to include their characters. (Of course, I don't know the story with Sonic, but I can't imagine Sega ever saying no.)

SonicMario

Smash Master
Yeah it's not Sakauri Begging. It's them begging. But I think the story was with Sega that they Conwere contacted by Nintendo for Sonic in Brawl. And some people said "On one condition", and that's possibly where Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games came from. And then Sega played Goverment conspiracy until 10/10/07. When Sonic was revealed.

Off-Topic:
Quickly, Tails needs more support in the 2nd Character Battle. He is tied with the leader SA-X as of now, and is one vote higher then Issac. Go to Forum games, Click on Smashboards Character Battle v2.0 and post "I Vote for Tails"

Dark Luna

Smash Apprentice
The Chemical Plant music was good, very memorible, as was the other music from Sonic 2. Chemical Plant and the zone after had the best music though. Open your Heart also.

fouxs2

Smash Cadet
Since you guys got some of the old ones already, I'm going to list some of the new Sonic tracks that I think would fit.

High and Broken from Secret Rings seems fitting enough if they remix like they did with Angel Island (Can't stop listening to it, it's just awesome in Brawl):
http://youtube.com/watch?v=PaX1jd5ri7o

The Inlet from 06 is also awesome, even if they leave it as is:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=ahXzlX6OH_8

And finally (although never gonna happen do to being so minor) on of my favourite tracks ever, extra demo 2 (Sonic Advance 3):
http://www.soahcity.com/music/2004_sonic_advance3/index.php
Note: Search for Extra Demo 2 there, couldn't find a direct link...

SonicMario

Smash Master
I had no problem with Secret Rings music. I like some of the level music and even some of the Boss music like against this alien-pirate thing.

fouxs2

Smash Cadet
Indeed, but the one I demonstrated has no lyrics and an awesome rythm, what elese does Sonic need? :D

Anyway, as long as quality is like Angel Island Remix, they could bring in any music...

Hmmm, how about Sonic Boom from Sonic CD? I think it COULD work...

D

Deleted member

Indeed, but the one I demonstrated has no lyrics and an awesome rythm, what elese does Sonic need? :D

Anyway, as long as quality is like Angel Island Remix, they could bring in any music...

Hmmm, how about Sonic Boom from Sonic CD? I think it COULD work...
That's a good one, both the game and the song. Maybe they could spice it up a bit to make it sound more modern...and dump the female singers

domriver

Smash Lord

listentomook

Smash Apprentice
You people can't be serious....

"Live and Learn"/ "City escape"/ "His world"???

Seriously if music that's massively repetitive, simple, homogenized, and basically mainstream power-punk garbage, is what your hoping for i dunno man...end of the world is coming or something....

I mean really, you can not possibly compare the music from sonic's jump to 3-d to his classic 2-d when his music was flippin crazy, youd play the game and feel like crystal meth was pouring into your ears... im hearing you all say "yeah sonic and secret rings is money and the music was tight"

that was some straight up metal wannabe mountain dew advertisement music it makes me crazy how so many people are indulging in the brunt of all of this bad music when there is solid gold in sonic 1 2 3 and knuckles and cd. i mean ill give in and say some of the ambience background music was ok in adventure but seriously....sonic and the secret rings? you might as well tell sonic to wear tight leather pants and stuff his crotch and play a flying v guitar but only use 3 chords....learn your music kids

Mad props to CodeBLACK for keeping it real

sorry for the rant but its weighing heavy on my heart, here's sonics chance to come back strong and youre all scising his worst stuff... lets break the cycle please

CodeBlack

Smash Ace

Seriously if music that's massively repetitive, simple, homogenized, and basically mainstream power-punk garbage, is what your hoping for i dunno man...end of the world is coming or something....

I mean really, you can not possibly compare the music from sonic's jump to 3-d to his classic 2-d when his music was flippin crazy, youd play the game and feel like crystal meth was pouring into your ears... im hearing you all say "yeah sonic and secret rings is money and the music was tight"

that was some straight up metal wannabe mountain dew advertisement music it makes me crazy how so many people are indulging in the brunt of all of this bad music when there is solid gold in sonic 1 2 3 and knuckles and cd. i mean ill give in and say some of the ambience background music was ok in adventure but seriously....sonic and the secret rings? you might as well tell sonic to wear tight leather pants and stuff his crotch and play a flying v guitar but only use 3 chords....learn your music kids

sorry for the rant but its weighing heavy on my heart, here's sonics chance to come back strong and youre all scising his worst stuff... lets break the cycle please
While I will say thank you for the props, i'll also say this:

To each his own. While you may not like the music of the later games, another person is completely entitled to their opinion about it.

I personally like many of the newer songs, though honestly Live and Learn wouldn't've been my first choice from the Sonic Adventure games.

Dolla Billz Don't Lie Nygga

Smash Apprentice
Dartmouth College...pymping the 603 straight up

You're going way too overboard. For one, I agree Crush 40 is all about cheezy lyrics and the same guitar riffs and chords repeated. Sonic and the Secret Rings produced crap that was 5 times worse than anything Crush 40 could put out. But "HIS WORLD"?!? Zebrahead (gruop that did "His World") is far more talented than any bull**** mainsteam bands out there. They have several top notch songs and I'm glad there not wh0ring themselves out on the radio and MTV like all that high school punk emo pop Fallout Boy bull****. They've successfully mixed punk, hip-hop, and funkadelic beats into their songs and are pioneer. And even for a strictly punk-rap song like "His World", it came out pretty darn good. I mean Christ, this isn't the 70's. Sonic's theme isn't gonna be pot-smoking crap like Tom Petty...

Yellow Legend

Smash Rookie
I like the 3d Sonic songs like live and learn, his world, and city escape as well as some of the 2d stuff like green hill and the final boss music of Sonic 3.

baheffron

Smash Apprentice
I agree with Listentomook. The game needs more of Sonic's 2D music in it! I'm sure Green Hill will be in, thats pretty much a given.

SmashALLSTAR

Smash Cadet
These scores would be great to make the cut. Very catchy scores and given the Brawl tratment, would be heaven to battle to.

Chemical Plant Zone
http://youtube.com/watch?v=-LYB7iLZNWE&feature=related

Diamond Dust Zone
http://youtube.com/watch?v=Mf7-ixllcgo

Although I must say that with music such as Live and Lean, Angel Island Zone, Green Hill Zone (should definately make the cut) and loads of other possibilities; I don't know if I'll be playing the game or simply bopping (or swaying etc.) to the beautiful and nastalgic background music.;)
There are just so many Sonic tunes to pick from. It would be cool if they had DLC in which they'll add music to the list and satisfy popular music requests.

smashbro29

Smash Champion
NNID
Smashbro29
3DS FC
2724-0750-5127
metal harbor, flying battery zone, blizzard peaks,ice cap zone,green forest,city escape i could go on forever

listentomook

Smash Apprentice
i dont really mean to knock anyone but when i remember sonic...i think of the awesome midi music...it didnt depend on cutting edge recording and effects...it was just music, notes working together creating a feel of speed and intensity...his world especially with the lyrics...i dunno

its like if in legend of zelda you gave all the characters voices instead of just leaving them with text...i dont need someone else to add lyrics to something i can be satisfied with...

its like why try to fix something thats not broken. the main feeling i get from all the new sonic is a sad attempt to reach out to a new audience of mountain dew chugging extreme sports lovers...what ever happened to just keeping it simple and solid.

Top Bottom