• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sonic's Music

Spartan64

Smash Journeyman
Hey, I was just wondering what you guys think will be some of sonic's music?
I'm thinking His World, City Escape,and Live and Learn.
What do you think?:confused:

Solharath

[ZTD] CEO
There is little chance on His World. Why pay more money then is needed, giving royalties to Zebrahead when they already have Crush 40? I think it will be Open your Heart Remix, Live and Learn Remix, Green Hill Zone, and Hidden Palace Zone or Death Egg Zone.

The only two I'm sure are in are Live and Learn and Green Hill. There will be a song from S3K, but I'd be blown away if they used something from 'Project: Chaos'. The Doomsday remix was legendary.

SonicMario

Smash Master
Live & Learn was already confirmed on the same day Sonic was confirmed himself. So don't worry about that. And His World may not appear because that was a song only Xbox360 & PS3 owners know (And illegal Music downloaders >_>). And Green Hill is a must for a Sonic Fan to be filled with Nostalgia. We know or at least have the gist of Sonic's Moveset, Speed, and all other things. All a Sonic fan needs to know is what sort of Music, Stages, Trophies from the universe. Along with Sonic's role in the SubS Emiss. And a Sonic fan can rest after that.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
...And His World may not appear because that was a song only Xbox360 & PS3 owners know (And illegal Music downloaders >_>)...
Hey...not true. I own neither an XBOX360 nor a PS3, but I have the SONIC THE HEDGEHOG official vocal track, Several Wills. Not everyone are music pirates.

Anyway, there was already a thread about Sonic music, located at: http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=120517

If the mods would move the above thread to the Sonic forum, that would be great.

Solharath

[ZTD] CEO
The Point of not having His World is not because of the system, it's because of the Royalties to the band who played it, and why spend cash on that when you already have a much wider repitoire of music available to you, such as Live and Learn, Open Your Heart, and my favorite, 'What I'm Made of!'.

There is no point to include his World, besides, I can't see myself Smashing to it.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
The Point of not having His World is not because of the system, it's because of the Royalties to the band who played it, and why spend cash on that when you already have a much wider repitoire of music available to you, such as Live and Learn, Open Your Heart, and my favorite, 'What I'm Made of!'.

There is no point to include his World, besides, I can't see myself Smashing to it.
Didn't Crush 40 do a cover of His World too, though? Couldn't they just use that version? >_>

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7

What I'm Made Of... is my most favorite song of all time!! I pretty much have all of the soundtracks (I like owning the official CDs when it comes to Sonic).
Anyway, since you can't upload and use music files that you have saved on your computer like some XBOX360/PS3 games, having as many Sonic songs in Brawl as possible is the next best thing for me (since if you can upload, the Sonic vocals will be the first ones I upload, anyway). And if it's too much to have all or most, then at least the Crush 40 ones.

Shark X

Smash Lord
Out of the songs, I want "Open up your Heart" for **** sure. "What I'm Made of" as well (swear if Sonic Heroes makes it in, I'll kill myself. Worse song EVER). Alot of the Sonic and the Secret Rings songs were good, mainly the pirate ship theme, and the scorpion boss. Both versions of "His World" would be good too. Sure it never appeared on a Nintendo console, but neither did Metal Gear Ray or MGS 4 and it's songs, and look whats appearing in Brawl...

If other characters music appears, I would like Gamma's, Eggman's, all of Shadows, and all of Shadows from Shadow's own game. I guess "What I'm Made of" is counted as a character theme considering it belonged to Metal Sonic.

Most of all, I prefer classic Sonic music, like Green Hill, Marble, Flying Battery, Ice Cap (greatest Sonic music ever, especially with this **** good sounding remix I heard), Sonic 1, 2, 3, and Knuckles final boss themes, ect.

Teebs

Smash Champion
NNID
Teebs-kun
I would also pull for the Classic Sonic Music, with a bit of a ReMix.

Ones that I would like to hear (what I think are the best) would be Marble (S1), Chemical Plant (S2), Metropolis (S2), Death Egg (S2), Marble Garden (S3), Ice Cap (S3), Launch Base (S3), Flying Battery (S&K), Lava Reef (S&K), Doomsday (S3&K), Panic Puppet (S3D), and Final Zone (S3D).

Shark X

Smash Lord
I would also pull for the Classic Sonic Music, with a bit of a ReMix.

Ones that I would like to hear (what I think are the best) would be Marble (S1), Chemical Plant (S2), Metropolis (S2), Death Egg (S2), Marble Garden (S3), Ice Cap (S3), Launch Base (S3), Flying Battery (S&K), Lava Reef (S&K), Doomsday (S3&K), Panic Puppet (S3D), and Final Zone (S3D).
Your forgetting Green Hill, and Sky Santcuary(sp?).

Rarzy

Smash Journeyman
They did. It sucked in comparison, though.

i think crush 40's was way better than the original..i thought that one sucked.

a few of shadow's songs would be cool, i am all of me, this machine, all hail shadow, but probably wouldn't be relevant if shadow isn't actually, you know....playable

Solharath

[ZTD] CEO
i think crush 40's was way better than the original..i thought that one sucked.

a few of shadow's songs would be cool, i am all of me, this machine, all hail shadow, but probably wouldn't be relevant if shadow isn't actually, you know....playable
Sakurai has shown time and time again that he prefers the use of older characters over new ones. I'm all for a Shadow Alternate costume, but he'll stick to Tails or Knuckles if they get any more representation.

That said, I suppose the versions of His World are purely based on opinion, but I in no means wished to subject mine as fact.

Duality

Smash Journeyman
I hope his victory jingle is the jingle when you clear a stage. As for his song, I'd have to say Live and Learn.

CodeBlack

Smash Ace
I'd be surprised and disappointed if all his songs were from the 3-D Games, considering that his 2-D games had some of the best game music soundtracks...

While it's unlikely, Songs from Sonic CD would be great, have you ever heard the theme for Metallic Madness (Past)?

If not, here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0S5xzSGhFng

Green Hill Zone, even though I'll hate that song for all time, will probably be chosen for his stage, so that song can't be overlooked.

Then there's the great songs from Sonic 2: Emerald Hill, Mystic Cave, Hilltop Zone, to name a few...

Sonic 3 and Sonic & Knuckles: Mushroom Hill, Flying Battery, Angel Island, Hydrocity, etc...

The list is almost endless...

volbound1700

Smash Master
Don't forget Sky Fortress and Sky Chase from Sonic 2... two awesome tracks and two awesome levels.

Okysho

Smash Ace
Hey, I was just wondering what you guys think will be some of sonic's music?
I'm thinking His World, City Escape,and Live and Learn.
What do you think?:confused:
Most definately live and learns since we've already heard it, but I think that they might pick something from the older game for stage music since they've incorperated a lot of teh old school sonic into the smash bros version

D

Deleted member

I'd be surprised and disappointed if all his songs were from the 3-D Games, considering that his 2-D games had some of the best game music soundtracks...

While it's unlikely, Songs from Sonic CD would be great, have you ever heard the theme for Metallic Madness (Past)?

If not, here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0S5xzSGhFng

Green Hill Zone, even though I'll hate that song for all time, will probably be chosen for his stage, so that song can't be overlooked.

Then there's the great songs from Sonic 2: Emerald Hill, Mystic Cave, Hilltop Zone, to name a few...

Sonic 3 and Sonic & Knuckles: Mushroom Hill, Flying Battery, Angel Island, Hydrocity, etc...

The list is almost endless...
We NEED the Sonic Heroes theme...and how about Sonic Boom, the theme o Sonic CD. I can't get that one out of my head. Ocean Palace from Sonic Heroes will also do.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Ew! Sonic heroes? No way! That was a horrible game!
Doesn't have a very good theme song either. If we absolutely MUST have more 3D Sonic songs, there are better ones to pick from (Sakurai picked a good one already. Open You Heart would be another nice choice).

SonicMario

Smash Master
Even though Sonic Heroes theme is not a possible. I heard that Team Dark's "This machine" & Crush 40 "What I'm Made Of" became popular with Sonic fans. But both are unlikely.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

Yes, it is true that that his 2-D games have some of the best soundtracks of all time(BTW, I have heard the theme for Metallic Madness. I could hear it all day long)!

I just hope they include the level ending theme that has been prominently heard throughout some of the earlier games in the series, starting with Sonic 3. Also, I would not mind hearing some of Eggman's battle themes, including the Sonic 3/Sonic & Knuckles final boss theme(not the special stage's), both of the normal boss themes from Sonic 3D Blast and, one of my favorites, Militant Missionary(Sonic Adventure).

Chepe

Smash Lord
It follows the Victory theme from Sonic '06.
Ive been reading this and found myself looking for the song or a sample to get a gist of it, but I cant find it...

Anyone who has a URL that lets you hear that theme?

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Yes, it is true that that his 2-D games have some of the best soundtracks of all time(BTW, I have heard the theme for Metallic Madness. I could hear it all day long)!

I just hope they include the level ending theme that has been prominently heard throughout some of the earlier games in the series, starting with Sonic 3. Also, I would not mind hearing some of Eggman's battle themes, including the Sonic 3/Sonic & Knuckles final boss theme(not the special stage's), both of the normal boss themes from Sonic 3D Blast and, one of my favorites, Militant Missionary(Sonic Adventure).
NOOOOOOOOOOO.

Nothing from Sonic 3-D Blast should even be remotely REFERENCED in Brawl. Sonic Adventure references I can stomach because they just TARNISHED Sonic's good name, but Sonic 3-D Blast was a blight.

...other than that, I agree with everything else you have just said.

Smooth Criminal

Blackadder

Smash Master
sonic 2 Metropolis Zone thats my favourite song from any sonic games and the 2-d games have awsome soundtracks that no game can compare to
Ye have good taste.
I'd be cool with nearly ANYTHING from Sonic 2.
Aquatic ruin One? Check.
Green Hill? Cool with me.
Boss battle? Hell yeah!
Oil Oasis? Yu-huh.
That Mountain Level? Yesh!!!!!!!!!!!

Man that game has some rockin' bleeps and bloops.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Ye have good taste.
I'd be cool with nearly ANYTHING from Sonic 2.
Aquatic ruin One? Check.
Green Hill? Cool with me.
Boss battle? Hell yeah!
Oil Oasis? Yu-huh.
That Mountain Level? Yesh!!!!!!!!!!!

Man that game has some rockin' bleeps and bloops.
See the underlined text.

Hilltop Zone? As Brawl music? WTF? :laugh:

I always imagine the freakin' Beverly Hillbillies when I hear that song. Sonic goin' country.

Smooth Criminal

Blackadder

Smash Master
See the underlined text.

Hilltop Zone? As Brawl music? WTF? :laugh:

I always imagine the freakin' Beverly Hillbillies when I hear that song. Sonic goin' country.l
I dun carez if teh moosic ist nit Brall shiz!! is awsum cr@p mon!
...seriously.

Each and every song on that game is worth sleeping with!
So...classic. The memories just fly in, don't they?

I'd really just love to hear the Boss Battle tune though.
"Dododododododododododooooo/dodododododododododododooo, dadadadaadadadadaadaadaada,dadadaadaadaadadada! Didididi..."

kratosaurion2007

Smash Rookie
I think that the best thing they could do is take any piece of the older games (1-3 to my preference) and completely redo it or blend some together. I love that Ocarina of Time Melody and something like that would be just superb to play to.

I would specifically like Noriyuki Iwadare to be a part of the remix, because when I saw him on that list, I just couldn't wait to find out what piece he is contributing to the game.

Of course, whatever it is, I'll still enjoy it.

Typo_Brawler

Smash Cadet
If they have green hill zone they will defitly have the song for that. I`m hopeing pimpkin hill ( probly not gonna happen :() lol Or they could use sonics R "Can you feel the sunshine" XD

D

Deleted member

Okysho said:
Ew! Sonic heroes? No way! That was a horrible game!
How can you call yourself a Sonic fan--Sonic Heroes was a very fun game, and is considered to be one of the best 3-D Sonic games.

Besides, there has been worse Sonic games...*cough*Sonic 360*cough*

Gerudo Warrior

Smash Master
ew sonic heroes. very bad game it was so easy and crap. because of 3-D we are never going to have the Sonic and Tails combo and having it on the crapbox do not help.

as for music they will remix a old 2-D song with new sounds

Gerudo Warrior

Smash Master
I'm surprised. http://youtube.com/watch?v=vRe3h1iQ1Os

This have to be in there.
wow that is so epic. a little to epic for a stage like angel island. maybe sky fortress?
but that is like the first sonic song i have liked since sonic adventure on my dc. did i say it was epic?

EDIT - 2:47 wow. that is ff final boss material. that is more epic than living on a prayer. sorry jon bon it is

Top Bottom