• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sonic Tournament Results CHANGING THIS TITLE

Status
Not open for further replies.

memphischains

Smash hhkj'
OBM (G&W) and Fatal (Snake) are both better than me.

There's a bunch of others around my level, too. Nuro (Snake), Green Ace (Yoshi), Darc (counterpicking jerkface). We'll do our best to give Sir PikaPika a run for his money :)
lol @ darc.
he mostly plays marth, snake, mk and wolf though from what i remember.
i wish he played ness and jiggs though

and didn't drink so much milk

yeah anyway daz we gatta rip this up.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Well I played D1.

Boxob played half a friendly with M2K, and went even with PC Chris.

:093:
Well that's some steak stuff right there.

So yeah, I wouldn't hang over a low placing. I didn't even make it out of pools for CoT4, but it was a blast playing all the different people.

CiTH, did you tell Malcolm to "Spinshot moar" irl?!

thecatinthehat

Smash Master
Well, 49th out of 97 is decent enough. At least I'm improving.

of course I told him to. haha mad lols.

I told SL to. He said he doesnt like spinshot V_V.

lol when I told him to CiTH combo, it took him 6 tries. LMAO. <3

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208

LOL!
C'mon SL! Step it up!

But yeah, 49th isn't bad :D
Just keep goin' at it.

Player-3

Smash Hero

improvement is good

:094:
amidoinitrite

Tenki

Smash Hero
daaayummmmmmmmm

who knocked out Boxob?

and lol@the first shoutout to Boxob

Tenki

Smash Hero
awesome.

I might go if I can get my manager to not give me the afternoon shift :O

it's like 10 mins away from me too lol

Player-3

Smash Hero
awesome.

good, umby was the only sonic, ONLY sonic, at WABA until i picked him up like.. a week ago
and i suck

we need moar

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
You meant to use the word "ceases", not "seizes" :dizzy:

Ah well I'm still learning how to grammar, thx Fizzy.

Also that picture is "TOO GOOD!"

4th of 36 in an all falcon tournament (LOL?)

I hate Diddy, that is all.

Also, I think they recorded tons of videos at this tournament, snakes were destroyed.
I just thought I'd say something about this since everybody has been ignoring you for whatever reason.

YEZS!

Needz moar naner control, hehe. You did your best though, and I'm sure that's just as good.

I herd hedgehogs are predators of Snakes.

Amidoinitrite?

awesome.

Go show those scrubs Tenki, and take your 3rd victory in a row.

You say you suck, but we all know how modest of a God you are. Or at least the informative God of Steak, KASR14 was just your supervisor or something like that.

But who cares, just go for the experience, there might actually be good people there. XD

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
LOL!
C'mon SL! Step it up!

But yeah, 49th isn't bad :D
Just keep goin' at it.

I lost to a MK that i know I was better than. =(
I really do need to step it up.

It did not take me 6 tries.
more like 10.
I just don't spinshot often.

infomon

Smash Scientist
Kinzer: sorry for grammar-nazi'ing :)

good, umby was the only sonic, ONLY sonic, at WABA until i picked him up like.. a week ago
and i suck

we need moar
well, I look forward to seeing your sonic evolve :) moar hedgehog!

I hate Diddy, that is all.

Also, I think they recorded tons of videos at this tournament, snakes were destroyed.
Oh I missed this. I rly think Sonic should have the advantage over Diddy, but you must spend a loooong time learning the matchup!! You have to learn how to be: ithrownanners :)

And I wants vids! Have they posted any yet? Where'll they go?

10questions

SL: I still have trouble spinshotting as well..... like I think I can do it consistently, then I try it when it matters and my timing's all a mess :( lolfail

Nixernator

Smash Ace
Well went to my first brawl tourney on Sunday and came equal 25th out of about 45 people or so. Got beaten in winners by the guy who came 4th using Marf (crapped my pants I hate Marth) and then had a really close match against a lucario (I died off the top after we traded hits of my Uair and his Dair with both of us on about 110% on the last stock). Tho most of the people I played there were amazed how good I was with Sonic (lots of LOL PLAY METAKNIGHT) and many were shocked when they found out I'd been playing for like 2 months.

infomon

Smash Scientist
dont go against lucarios down air
Oh awesome, I'm not the only one who thinks this.

I mean, you can beat his Dair if you're going fast enough with good timing/spacing, but then the Lucarios just don't Dair in those situations since you can kinda see them coming. :urg:

but mebbe I'm just predictable. cuz I am :)

Napilopez

Smash Lord
moral of the story?

dont go against lucarios down air
Oh awesome, I'm not the only one who thinks this.

I mean, you can beat his Dair if you're going fast enough with good timing/spacing, but then the Lucarios just don't Dair in those situations since you can kinda see them coming. :urg:

but mebbe I'm just predictable. cuz I am :)
why go through it when you can go around it?
Lol, yeps, agreed. To beat Lucario's Dair, you need to have your own Uair perfectly spaced, and hit with the second hit of Uair, which just doesn't come out quick enough. Like KID said, better to go around it :p

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Lucario's Dair is only a problem when he uses it to punish a spotdodge or something...

In the air...

Uair >>>>>>> Dair

Well, that is, if he get's predictable with it. If you notice a Lucario pulling out Dairs as he's falling a lot, or as his main defense in the air, you should easily be able to beat it out with Uair.

That's my experience anyway.

EDIT: Oh, and congrats Nix :D

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Kinzer: sorry for grammar-nazi'ing :)
It's better that you go all gramler on me so that I can learn.

Well went to my first brawl tourney on Sunday and came equal 25th out of about 45 people or so. Got beaten in winners by the guy who came 4th using Marf (crapped my pants I hate Marth) and then had a really close match against a lucario (I died off the top after we traded hits of my Uair and his Dair with both of us on about 110% on the last stock). Tho most of the people I played there were amazed how good I was with Sonic (lots of LOL PLAY METAKNIGHT) and many were shocked when they found out I'd been playing for like 2 months.
Sounds a lot like my first tourney.

Good stuff Nix.

messiahfreak2000

Smash Apprentice
NNID
messiahfreak2000
Nexus Prime Reborn
http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=4489
February 21st, 2009

$5 for singles

Entrants: 13
Results:
1. cutter (GW)
2. llow (Fox/Luigi)
3. messiahfreak (Sonic/MK)
4. Sabre (Fox/Kirby)

This was some of the most fun I've ever had. cutter's GW is a toughie, went the full five sets for winners finals. So awesome.

On a side, I am a bit ashamed I went MK in my match against my bro (llow) but I wanted to win bad (but ended up losing :(). Darn you brother... On another side note, placed 2nd in doubles. Sonic is too awesome in doubles.

Nixernator

Smash Ace
Lol I thought I had spaced my Uair but brawl was like "nah you deserve to die for using Sonic", the guy I was playing couldn't figure out how I got hit :p. Pity I live in Ausfailia tho no wifi and the next tourny is more than a month away.

Thanks all :D

___X___

Smash Lord
all you sonic mainers succckkkkk!!!

besides kinzer, the only thing that makes him good is his mustachio!

oh and if you guys are wondering about my avi.. lol just dont ask, oh and its not me of course, im way to sexy.

Browny

Smash Hater
AUSTRALIAN RANKINGS LIST
ALL RESULTS August 08 - February 09

High (100.00%)
Meta Knight 343.56 [18.76%] ~ - ~
Snake 186.12 [10.16%] ~ - ~
Marth 164.78 [9.00%] ~ - ~
Pit 117.70 [6.43%] ~ +2 ~
R.O.B. 112.24 [6.13%] ~ - ~
Wolf 112.21 [6.13%] ~ -2 ~
Sonic 66.98 [3.65%] ~ +1 ~

Middle (39.70%)
Mr. Game & Watch 62.41 [3.40%] ~ -1 ~
el oh el

tbh

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Ah, I've been so GD lazy, I can't believe I didn't make up my little tale of how I did at the tourney Monday when right now it is THURSDAY!

Uhm, regardless, if some of you were paying attention (don't worry if you don't apply to this), I went to another one of the Monday weeklies here in Vegas, of course I did the usual friendly matches, got to meet some more people again, participate in the tourney and blah blah blah.

But this one's different in a way, let me tell you. Man I wish you guys could've seen me when I was kicking arse, my first round was against some Bowser player who got destroyed. I don't remember how it went down but the first match on Final D I won. He CP Weegee's, and God knows why he did that when he was Bowser and I was Sonic. Either I was missing something/he liked the stage/Bowser has a territory advantage on Sonic, but it didn't matter really, the only thing thar happened here was that it prolonged his loss. I was freaking jab-locking him every other attack, and I could not for whatever reason finish him off as quickly as I wanted, but I still won. I felt so sorry for the guy because I had to play Gay even though it was not my main intention, but it did work afterall, and I had to do what I had to do to win. Spectators acknowledged that, and the TO was even clowning around, saying out loud "Kinzer! Wow man, you're a jerk! XD"

And then I hate to admit it, but there was this guy who approached me, and it seemed like I met him before but I didn't know who teh heck he was. I am not good at remembering people but anyway, he and I were talking a lot about me, like how and why I did what I did in that match, how I have the potential to take Sonic very far, and some other related stuff.

We get interrupted, and I get called for my next match. It was teh dasterly Martha. So here I am standing and thinking "hmm, the very character who a lot of my brethren give ngihtmares to, huh? Alright, let's just see if it might be matchup specific or what else I could do to see that nothing can stand in Sonic's ways, especially not a sexually confused man/woman!" At least that's what I thought after, while I was waiting for the guy to come to the T.V., so here I am inputting my tag and the specific controls for it (if you're curious, I have Y set to shield so I can Shieldgrab easier). Once that's taken care of, I just go to the character selection screen and spam "Meta Knight!", and the guy finally shows up and says "oh you got to be kidding me!" I was like "Lol. XD" at his reaction and how he must really hate even seeing the character. I tell him I was just joking and later proceeded to go over to Sonic, and then he said "oh good, I thought you played Sonic with the Wiimote anyway, but what ahppened to that?" I tell him how even though I probably still could use the Wiimote, it just isn't comfortable anymore. With that out of the way, we go to our first match on Final D, he just barely won that shizz and I'm like "aww, I got to step it up!" so then I pick Corneria. Soemhow I knew the Marth would try to play gay, so I worked around it and had to make him play legit, which didn't help him either way, I still won the match. Finally we're on the third and last match of the set, I'm sitting here thinknig what stage he'll take me to and how hard of a time I mgiht have if I don't adapt and read him right, but to my surprise he CPs Wario and goes to Weegee's mansion. I'm sitting here and thinking "wait, he's going Wario? That's one of my counters ****it! :( And now that he wants to go to Weegee's I'm going to get ***** :/" Reghardless, I stay true to the Blue and just go along with his CPs... and to my surprise, I was doing better than I would've expected myself to. Sure I couldn't be Gay like I did that Bowser in my first round and Jab-Lock him because apparently you don't need Tech skill in Brawl and just crazy Australian DI to land far enoguh away from my jab, but it wasn't as bad as I was presuming it to be, really. In the end, it was a very close match, but I still won. Yay! Now that that is taken care of, I fear no character selectinos on the roster, and i am confident I can do fine in all of my matches if I work hard at it. I still need to fight some other characters more, but at least I don't have to worry about anybody winning a set against me because of character selection.

Anyway that's gone and taken care of, I report the win to my TO, and move on in the bracket... or rather from that poibt on start losing my sets because of stupid miSteaks that I promise to myself and all of you I will never make again to hinder my placing in a tourney. When I go to this tourney Saturday there is nothing stopping me from placing, and seriously this time... well except maybe Sakurai but whatever I still got it!

Back to the tourney, the tourney was dobule elimination, and sadly I lost the next two matches in a row, but I forgot how one of the sets ended. It must've not really been important, but I do remember my set with Technomonster. Perhaps some of you might've seen/heard of him around on SWF/AiB, and maybe not, but anyway Techno lives in Vegas, and he's a pretty good player. I can't say for sure what characters he likes to play, but in our sets he went Wario/Kirby. The set with his Wario was on Yoshi's isle. Long sotry short I could only avoid him for so long before I must've slipped up somewhere or he read me right and landed a kill move to win the set. It was still very close, so I am still speaking the truth when I say Wario no logner gives me too much trouble. So after that I CP Corneria again, I figure I could play gayer than him and use the blast zones to my advantage, and the next thing I know is that he picks Kirby. I thought he was suppose to do awful on that stage! Why would he want to do something like that? I know not why the decision was made, but IDC, it's a tournament, and you do what you got to do... it's just too bad I still didn't beat him. I @#$%ing SDR suicided when I was a stock ahead GD it! Now I know never to use ASC when I can't see the stage and my 2nd jump is gone, it's going to be Side-B from now on in that case. At last the hop will save me for sacrificing the damage and losing the risk of making such a stupid miSteak again! I was angry at the time so I didn't really feel like doing anything with Techno since I probably could've won otherwise, but oh well. I really try to be a good person but it's so depressing when you know... but meh no johns, I just have to get a rematch with Techno, with both his Wario and his kirby, so that next time I can put him in his rightful place! ^_^

So what I am trying to tell you guys is that if you're in doubt, never lose faith, or that's the first step to losing. No matter how stacked the odds might be against you, if I can overcome such obstacles by being a better player and not messing up in key ponits in matches, anything is possible. I've defeated Lucario, Marth, and Wario, all of which is suppose to be bad matchups for Sonic! There is nothing that can hold you back when you strive to be the better player! It's all about being patient when you need to! I never want to read on this forum that you can't, because if I could do it, I know you people can to!

West Coast/Sonic represent!

Oh BTW I remembered the other set, it was a Snake player, I 2-stocked him on the second match where I CPed final D and analyzed his habits/playstyles, all I'm gonna say is I hate that broken Utilt, and I still have a little ways to go before I can become my own Snake counter.

___X___

Smash Lord
Kinzer, i love you and all, but that post is longer then my wang!!

oh and if you talked about me in that post, quote it please :D

EDIT: looks like im going to sk92's tournament, so ill be seeing you there kinzer! oh and my bro david is most likely going (dai-A) yeah, the one that is gonna show sk92s falco whats up!

JayBee

Smash Champion
NNID
jamesbrownjrva
I just got 17th at the Gamepad tourney today. there were over 40 people there. though i didn't do like i thought i should have, I confirmed a disgusting tactic I've theorized and its going to change the way we counter pick stages with sonic. Ill post the info in my lab tonight. trust me, you need to read it.

Orange_Soda_Man

Smash Ace
I quit sonic boards. I failed hardcore at MM.

I know I never really posted much here, but I'm simply just not good enough. I do plenty fine locally. I'm getting better. But playing at a huge event, like one with over 100 people?

I did everything I could. I brought a set-up. I practiced many hours to get fox trotting down [all I can do at this point is nail it 1/2 the time and hope I'm facing the right way for a dash attack].

I practiced Counter Picks, read matchups, joined in discussion [although I'm clearly not knowledgeable to add anything of ... any significance / anything that you guys can't say much better]

In short, I'm not leaving Sonic. Odds are, I'm not leaving the state I'm in to play smash for a few years. When, hopefully, I'm much better. I'll still play, and maybe if something is bogging me down I'll ask a question here [very sparsely though].

Now the actual tournament report: I played a snake R1 and took him to Frigate [because I lolfail for forgetting about rainbow cruise] and match two with that memory in place, and with no rainbow cruise exp except against G&W I ended up SD-ing the 3rd stock while leading against a TL because of trying to spring through the checkered slope where the boat docks.

I'll never be as steak as you. I'm just soda.

Player-3

Smash Hero
Tenki completely butt****ed me at the tourny today.

that is all.

.. i still havent played umby.....

Tenki

Smash Hero
lol I got ***** by BigLou's Luigi. 2222 good :d

I might have prolonged that match until the end if I didn't scrub out against a ROB the second round and get sent to losers (Lou was sent to losers by Desu and counterraped when they met up in the semifinals o__O; ). The funny part is that on my 2nd or 3rd round in Losers Bracket, I fought his ROB again and steak'd it.

Then I fought his Ness on FD and chaingrabbed him across the stage who knows how many times (yarr it's legit) and failed who knows how many edgeguard attempts (and got nesstackled out of my spring, LOL).

as for tags, my official tag was Steak, though I never used it.

Tenki's Match Summaries:
Match 1, I used SX580. I played slow at first to test to see if I could actually pull a SX580 IRL and decided that it would probably be the stupidest idea ever.
Match 2, I used Espy (lol sorry) and lost against ROB.
Match 3, I used Boxob and boxobair'd Lucario.
Match 4, I used CITH against Omis (lol sorry) and knocked him out.
Match 5, I used Umby's tag (lolol turned tap jump off) and revenge'd vs ROB/ness.
Match 6, I felt like I was going to lose because I'd played against BigLou online before, so I finally went as Tenki and died.

:3

i'm not sure if results are up yet.

ggs ggs, wish I coulda played against Desu and P1 though.

I did learn some things though:

1) I suck at Brawl:YI. I tried doing some iSDR shenanigans, but it was usually met with shield > projectile.
2) I need a better dashing game. =/ Like, running behind people actually works with Sonic, since IRL, people don't just throw out moves when you're approaching because of the risk of shield+OoS counters. Umby has quite a nice dash game. He got a few openings using it, though he didn't always catch them.
3) I need to deal with getting pressured better. Against BigLou, I kept innerfacepalming at how much I spring D-aired x.x;

Napilopez

Smash Lord
You're just failing at confidence!

Don't give up. You're not going to get better until you start playing better people. I've just realized I've gotten wayyyy better by player a single good player in person. I haven't been to a tourney recently, but just from paying others its clear how much of an improvement I've made, maybe someone whos played my Sonic in the past week or two can attest to that.

Don't give up dude. I know you said you're just gonna stop going to large tourneys, but part of that is for the expereince too. Have fun. Sometimes, all the training and practice doesn;t come to show as immediately as you'd like. But it'll come. Its just a matter of time.

Also, GJ at your tourneys guys.

Player-3

Smash Hero
i MMed Tenki....

he ***** me in a sonic ditto, then beat me in a falcon ditto
i beat him later for revenge in falcon dittos though
ggs tenki, ggs

so many paunches

Napilopez

Smash Lord
Lolz, Ganon is my second best char, and in a Gannon ditto, gf2tw hit me with THREE warlock punches. Like WHAT?!? I can't even remember the last time I was hit with one of those. XD. I got my revenge though, Buahahah.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Kinzer, i love you and all, but that post is longer then my wang!!

oh and if you talked about me in that post, quote it please :D

EDIT: looks like im going to sk92's tournament, so ill be seeing you there kinzer! oh and my bro david is most likely going (dai-A) yeah, the one that is gonna show sk92s falco whats up!
LOL! T'was just something I felt like reading at the time. I was just saying how my matches went down/motivational poster. :3

I killed the thread with it though. XD Oh well, SK's birthday Brawl Bash out to be cool. If Ken's comnig I could give him that MM he wanted, I'll bring a little bit more money with me and my Sonic has made phenominal improvement since.

I just got 17th at the Gamepad tourney today. there were over 40 people there. though i didn't do like i thought i should have, I confirmed a disgusting tactic I've theorized and its going to change the way we counter pick stages with sonic. Ill post the info in my lab tonight. trust me, you need to read it.
Sounds a little like me.

At least now I'm not the only one who believes YI is a pretty good CP stage. I still love FD though.

I know I never really posted much here, but I'm simply just not good enough. I do plenty fine locally. I'm getting better. But playing at a huge event, like one with over 100 people?

I did everything I could. I brought a set-up. I practiced many hours to get fox trotting down [all I can do at this point is nail it 1/2 the time and hope I'm facing the right way for a dash attack].

I practiced Counter Picks, read matchups, joined in discussion [although I'm clearly not knowledgeable to add anything of ... any significance / anything that you guys can't say much better]

In short, I'm not leaving Sonic. Odds are, I'm not leaving the state I'm in to play smash for a few years. When, hopefully, I'm much better. I'll still play, and maybe if something is bogging me down I'll ask a question here [very sparsely though].

Now the actual tournament report: I played a snake R1 and took him to Frigate [because I lolfail for forgetting about rainbow cruise] and match two with that memory in place, and with no rainbow cruise exp except against G&W I ended up SD-ing the 3rd stock while leading against a TL because of trying to spring through the checkered slope where the boat docks.

I'll never be as steak as you. I'm just soda.
Dude man, go read my monster of a wall of text. This was what I was trying to prevent.

Read it, darn you, I tried to make it to help people like you!

Whee!!!

Kojin got 17th place in our Gamepad Tournament.

Here is the link to the Results:

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=223724
Thanks a bunch.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
This is a lot a lot a lot of stuff.

So I'm just going to say "ggs" to all.

OSM, don't let that keep you down. You just gotta believe in yourself!
(btw your mind has been transported back in time...and to mars)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom