• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sonic Tournament Results CHANGING THIS TITLE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spin-Dash

Smash Journeyman
May 31st, CT4 (Edmonton, Alberta, Canada).

Spin-Dash - 9th Place - Super Smash Bros. Brawl Singles

Yeah!!

[EDIT]

Oh, and this was out of 27 people. I would include my 5th place victory in Brawl Doubles but I primarily used the Pokémon Trainer there.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
my first biweekly is coming up this saturday. i figured id tell you guys cuz im getting real giddy to surprise some ppl with sonic. i should be taking top five, at the least. i spent yesterday whooping on this guy who is considered top 5 in ourr area, so im expected some droped jaws seeing as sonics are few and far between in rochester. the first biweekly, the top like7-10 spots was all MK and snake, and one pikachu and i think a ness or two, i think the only thing that might screw me over is my lack of experience with lesser used chars. like olimar, ness, sheik, link and peach... any pointers in the right direction would be nice

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
i may be talking smack, but i can back it up, and im not making excuses just being honest, in the last game, if you only practiced against marth, sheik and the spacies, a good ganon or Doc would totally throw you off, and wreck you if you werent sure how to handle the situation

and not many ppl in my area use link and oli, and diddy too for that matter

Spin-Dash

Smash Journeyman
Well, I wish you the best of luck. It's always good to aim for the victory no matter what, but try not to let anything go to your head. Though take pride in pwning people with someone like Sonic if you pull it off.

I surprised many at CT4 but it couldn't have been possible had I not kept a cool head. Sonic's got a LOT of obstacles to overcome. @_@; I'd know. G&W was the character responsible for wiping me out. Then again. This is SuperBoom we're talking about here. XD!!! One of the holy knights of 64 and an elite of Melee. Only natural he rocks in Brawl.

Anywho, my point is, have the mindset of wanting to rock them like a hurricane, but don't leave the touranment with any regrets, no matter what. That's how you succeed and feel like a true winner in the end, no matter how you place.

Also, no johns. :p

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
mannnnn... that was deep, Spin.
i totally feel you, ill do y'all proud, son

ASC off the screen FTW, i can feel it.

memphischains

Smash hhkj'
idk why wario is such an issue, i mean, on paper i understand but i really dont have that much of an issue. as a sonic player people should understand his weaknesses and use that as an advantage.

its not like im playing bad warios either

memphischains

Smash hhkj'
Ive been playing KoreanDJ and its one of the easier matches I have with him with Sonic. He makes every character top tier

Boxob

Smash Champion
I haven't fought him, but I would definitely suggest fighting Blarfenzo. He's one of the best Warios I've seen, and I watch A LOT of videos.

MdrnDayMercutio

Smash Champion
Hey, memphis. Sonic Ditto MM. Esticle. This is me agreeing.

So it's now in even more places on the boards.

Winner can totally claim to have the best Sonic in Ma... cause I don't know any others... except that Andee kid. And I've randomly decided he doesn't count.

So who get's all the emeralds man? Who?

Probably you. I'm a total scrub. No johns, just truth.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
I haven't fought him, but I would definitely suggest fighting Blarfenzo. He's one of the best Warios I've seen, and I watch A LOT of videos.
Sorry, but KDJ is probably better. It's freakin' KDJ. I envy Memphis.

Also, I dunno how much Imma go Sonic at AZonetwo. Might just use him for MMs, I've been getting annoyed with him lately. D:

Spin-Dash

Smash Journeyman
Mmmm. Sonic Dittos sound nice about now. There's not enough Sonic representation up here in Canada.

Best Sonic user here in Alberta (lol CT4), we need to play. Somebody. Anybody. Ye-yeah.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
I just won't be using him vs MK, Snake, or Olimar. Anything else, mebbe, but those three are really annoying to fight with Sonic.

I dunno, I've been moody the past week. I actually want to play Sonic today, so we'll see what happens.

MdrnDayMercutio

Smash Champion
Memphischains is officially the man. I hate him and he sucks, but he is now the best sonic in Ma... as I randomly decided. Since he and I were the only Sonic's at Esticle and we're from Ma.

memphischains

Smash hhkj'
Memphischains is officially the man. I hate him and he sucks, but he is now the best sonic in Ma... as I randomly decided. Since he and I were the only Sonic's at Esticle and we're from Ma.
Quoted for emphasis

I did ****ty in the tourney, but my sonic was recognized. Its hard to do well with a ****ty character like sonic when all you play is snakes and metas, and with good players who know what they are doing

Mdrns sonic is good though, although our team performance was lack luster.

and its official, after playing teams with cat fight, who plays snake, that is defiantly the way to go with sonic.

we beat a few people, but the big name was solid jake and this random dude santa, but SJ does pretty well in brawl teams

MdrnDayMercutio

Smash Champion
Yeah. We really shouldn't have gone with that Team Name.

And thanks. I tend to hear that my Sonic is good alot. Which is hilarious cause he never get's past the first three rounds. Like everyone I play tells me I've got an amazing Sonic, but he's such a bad character.

::shrug::

You and Cat Fight were definatly destroying team friendly's from what I saw. Just a thought. Jihad Sonic Up Throw. It works with Meta amazingly, but if a Snake Uptilt to Remote Mine can kill at 50 percent than a UpThrow to Mine can't need too high a percent. If you two could manage to get a mine placed midmatch your grab game is definatly good enough to pull off the throw.

King_Gt

Smash Journeyman
Pick up snake to counter snake, or a character that can deflect projectiles (that doesn't suck).
We should all play each other to see where we all stand you know?
I mean obviously memphis and modrn will beast it up, from what I've seen, but for the rest of us as well.

MdrnDayMercutio

Smash Champion
Wait, what? Me beast it up?

Are you crazy?

While my Sonic apparently seems to look good, he doesn't manage to go anywhere. I'm not really particularly skilled.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom