• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sonic The Hedgehog: Community Matchup thread

What is Sonic's worst match up?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mmac

Smash Lord
Why hello thar. You be discussing Yoshiz?

- First of all, Yes, Yoshi can CG Sonic because he grabs him BEFORE he recovers from the Grab Release Stun, therefore he won't beable to spring in time. Fortunately, Yoshi doesn't have any follow up on release as he won't beable to reach him in range before Sonic can spring away.

- Pivot Grabs is something you will encounter very often in this matchup, as it's his primary method of defence.

- Egg Roll Cancels out Spin Dash, and I think it actually beats out Spin Shot! (Though I am not 100% Sure). This is a problem because even if it does cancel it out, he can immediately follow it up with a Jab (2 Frame) or Ftilt (3 Frame), or even a Dsmash (4 Frame)

- Uair can actually cancel out falling springs!

- Be very careful when Spring Chasing, If Yoshi reads it and counters with an Aerial DownB, than it can actually be fatal from that height!

- Eggs shouldn't really be used often because it's Sonic, Lawl! His speed can pretty much punish anywhere if he's on solid ground.

- You are going to have to try alot harder to Edgeguard Yoshi than what it's presented. You also have to learn how Yoshi's Recovery actually works. No good Yoshi is going to rely on Double Jump Armour for recovery.

- Speaking of, His Armour is actually Knockback Based, and not Damage Based, although the Armour diminishes when he is at an high percent.

- If you thought Pivot were bad, then Bair is probably going to be an nightmare. He can actually Knock you straight out of your Spins, and can combo into more deadlier attacks/combos on cancel. Nair is probably something you want to look out for too. It's 3 Framed, and has a surprisingly lot of ranges on the first frames. It also can combo stale

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
You must challenge to some Lag-Fi matches now Mmac?

I promise, if it isn't as laggy as that one recorded match with Naucitos on Youtube was, I will perform better as well as I am much better now thatn I was a few months ago.

Mmac

Smash Lord
Can't, My Routerless Router is Down so I can't go online until fixed. Had to blow off 3 Tournaments because of it

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Fine, at least now with nothing else to do I can go bathe and sleep.

Man, the Sonic boards... *Looks at the sky* Hasn't been the same, and a lot of problems we're dealing with... My problem right now... LACK OF YOSHI EXPERIENCE!

Well good night, tomorrow is a new day.

infomon

Smash Scientist
Wow, thanks for all the info Mmac.

]- Egg Roll Cancels out Spin Dash, and I think it actually beats out Spin Shot! (Though I am not 100% Sure).
Spin Shot isn't an attack, it's just a type of jump.... so I think you meant something else here. Aerial Spin Charge (ASC) perhaps?

Can't, My Routerless Router is Down
Your router is routerless? That's.... normal, isn't it? :laugh:

Napilopez

Smash Lord
Thanks for contributing my fellow main of an undermined character =]

Some notes on your post:

- Egg Roll Cancels out Spin Dash, and I think it actually beats out Spin Shot! (Though I am not 100% Sure). This is a problem because even if it does cancel it out, he can immediately follow it up with a Jab (2 Frame) or Ftilt (3 Frame), or even a Dsmash (4 Frame)
I'm not sure if it will beat out spindash/charge. It has prett darn high priority at appropriate distances. Also, SideB(Spin Dash) has invincibility frames upon release that could be used to eat egg roll(lolz im awesome). I think the moves are evenly matched priority wise =P

True, although I mention spring more as an evasive tactic than to hit yoshi. So does Yoshis usmash for that matter.

- Be very careful when Spring Chasing, If Yoshi reads it and counters with an Aerial DownB, than it can actually be fatal from that height!
Thing is, a properly spaced Uair by Sonic will beat it out XD. Its extremely disjointed =P

- Eggs shouldn't really be used often because it's Sonic, Lawl! His speed can pretty much punish anywhere if he's on solid ground.
True. Sonic could easly land a grab in eggthrow lag =P. But they are very effective in stopping Spin Dash rolls and And stuff.

- You are going to have to try alot harder to Edgeguard Yoshi than what it's presented. You also have to learn how Yoshi's Recovery actually works. No good Yoshi is going to rely on Double Jump Armour for recovery.
This is true, not to mention the aerial agility he has if he does have to use his second jump. How exactly does Yoshi's recovery work? =P

- Speaking of, His Armour is actually Knockback Based, and not Damage Based, although the Armour diminishes when he is at an high percent.
Ahh I see. As Tenki said, bair should break it. But it might be hard to land with Yoshis mobility.

- If you thought Pivot were bad, then Bair is probably going to be an nightmare. He can actually Knock you straight out of your Spins, and can combo into more deadlier attacks/combos on cancel. Nair is probably something you want to look out for too. It's 3 Framed, and has a surprisingly lot of ranges on the first frames. It also can combo stale
Bair is the biggest issue in this matchup to me XD.

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
I'm not sure if it will beat out spindash/charge. It has prett darn high priority at appropriate distances. Also, SideB(Spin Dash) has invincibility frames upon release that could be used to eat egg roll(lolz im awesome). I think the moves are evenly matched priority wise =P
Eggroll ties with a fully charged SDR.

This is true, not to mention the aerial agility he has if he does have to use his second jump. How exactly does Yoshi's recovery work? =P
Eggtosses+Aerial momentum to get close to the stage and then Double Jump->airdodge to avoid edgeguards. Yoshi keeps the double jump's momentum throughout his airdodge. So really you'd have to wait near the end of his double jump range in order to even have a chance at hitting him. But then he could just mix up his recovery and go for the ledge or something.
Bair is the biggest issue in this matchup to me XD.
Not if you learn to smash DI.:p
But yeah, it's going to be knocking you out of a lot of things.

@Mmac-I would challenge you to some matches, but I just realized you live in Canada.

- Pivot Grabs is something you will encounter very often in this matchup, as it's his primary method of defence.
One of the most beautiful things about Sonic is that he's almost never fully commited to an approach. If he sees you dash away to attempt a pivot grab he can just jump out of whatever he was doing (he's still not going to be punishing you since your grab isn't laggy enough, but still.) Pivot grabbing is still a threat, but it's also fairly easy to avoid if you watching closely enough.
Everything can cancel out falling springs. Springs just force you to...stop chasing us. They are a small barrier that posses almost no threat, but still must be dealt with before reaching us (just like eggs).
Uair beats everything Yoshi has.
Yep
I wouldn't worry too much about nair, unless I'm trying to combo with fairs or something (uair juggling would be much more effective and safe in this matchup). As for bair...well I honestly haven't compared enough moves to see what to do about this. It's possible that Sonic's tilts might beat out Yoshi's bair (especially uptilt), but I'd need to test it to be sure. The simplest solution right now is to simply not use spins while Yoshi is in the air (the safest time to use spins would be while Yoshi is getting ready to land).

Napilopez

Smash Lord
Lol DSonic, I would recomend you try it out even if he does live in Canada.

I had the smoothest connecton I've EVER had with anyone on wifi, against somone who lives in peru.

NY to PERU!

NY to peru, smoother than NY to NY... like... what the...

Same story for many of the peeps in Texas I've faced. I seem to always have good connection with Texas peeps. lolz

And I have an amazing internet connection mind you. WFC is weird.

Tenki

Smash Hero
I've never worried about his aerial game for some reason. Yoshi is also pretty heavy/large so if you do land an SDR/ASC, its party time.
if.

yoshi has no follow ups on sonic from the CG Awesome.
somebody find out what the damage cap is for yoshis heavy armor.
i know snakes cypher is 7% but im pretty sure yoshis is way more
either way. like i said a while back
as Mmac said, it's knockback based.
ASC is really good against yoshi because if you can get it on his shield, the only things he can do are take the grab or spotdodge, which can also set up for a grab.
his back air has really stupid gay looking combos at low damages
neutral air is acombobreaker, it has mad priority and is a sex kick
ive seen yoshis up air compared to snakes up tilt. its super strong way fast and has a huge hitbox
another 'if'.

Why would Yoshi shield against ASC when he can throw eggs or do an RPG?

I'm lazy so I'll just say 55-60. Yoshi.
I agree with this number.

Some interesting ideas about edgeguarding Yoshi that I haven't tried:
- well first off, one that I DID try: camp an airdodge from his double jump --> delayed B-air.
- Jump out/above Yoshi, pretending to go for a footstool, then if he DJ U-airs/airdodge, attack with B-air

- from below, spring > footstool lol (it's awesome, noone ever uses it XD)

BlueTerrorist

Smash Ace
I don't have trouble with Yoshi. I play a more ground based game, it's not smart to fight him in the air. The problems would be his grab game and Bair. You can gimp Yoshi easier if he's recovering from below, Bair always goes through his 2nd jump. Aerial springs stops egg roll. Side B can also go through, but it's really hard. Play more patiently on this one.

Tenki

Smash Hero
Gf2tw who always makes me think "g2 ftw"
Yoshi's RPG (dayum, nice acronym lol. Retreating Pivot Grab) is one of his biggest assets in this fight.
On an interesting note about eggrolls, if you can't run/pivot grab it, then run to the edge.

Yoshi will NEVER have egg roll's hitbox out when you're on the edge. If he hits you, he will fall off, and he'll be sent into helpless mode and die. So most likely, he will either:
1) stop chasing you and turn around
2) turn around by the edge (hint: NO ATTACKBOX! - rawr bear as he goes under you? ;])
3) cancel the roll

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
Call me g2ftw if you like, it really doesnt make a difference. But yea, his Egg roll is so gay against Sonic. Edge is your friend.

Where be dem Yoshi mainz

EDIT: Be scared of his Smashes, I get hit waaaayy too much. Bait Eggsrolls, punish the cancel/turnaround lag.

Tenki

Smash Hero
oh yeah, don't DI down when you get hit with dash attack. It kills.

Napilopez

Smash Lord
This.

I like to spam dtilts against nothing for no reason, and often times I'd get hit with a Yoshi attack of a dash, and be killed :/

I don't see enough of a yoshi advantage to say he has the upper hand here.

Also, when I said "if", it was kinda implied as "when". Afterall, isn't pretty much everything in a match an "if"? You can never know for sure if you will land a move. Just pointing out the common fact that Sonic combos quite easily into heavier/larger chars.

Egg Toss beat out like everything, as you said though =P.

Gindler

Smash Champion
Eggroll ties with a fully charged SDR.

Eggtosses+Aerial momentum to get close to the stage and then Double Jump->airdodge to avoid edgeguards. Yoshi keeps the double jump's momentum throughout his airdodge. So really you'd have to wait near the end of his double jump range in order to even have a chance at hitting him. But then he could just mix up his recovery and go for the ledge or something.

Not if you learn to smash DI.:p
But yeah, it's going to be knocking you out of a lot of things.

@Mmac-I would challenge you to some matches, but I just realized you live in Canada.

One of the most beautiful things about Sonic is that he's almost never fully commited to an approach. If he sees you dash away to attempt a pivot grab he can just jump out of whatever he was doing (he's still not going to be punishing you since your grab isn't laggy enough, but still.) Pivot grabbing is still a threat, but it's also fairly easy to avoid if you watching closely enough.
Everything can cancel out falling springs. Springs just force you to...stop chasing us. They are a small barrier that posses almost no threat, but still must be dealt with before reaching us (just like eggs).
Yep

I wouldn't worry too much about nair, unless I'm trying to combo with fairs or something (uair juggling would be much more effective and safe in this matchup). As for bair...well I honestly haven't compared enough moves to see what to do about this. It's possible that Sonic's tilts might beat out Yoshi's bair (especially uptilt), but I'd need to test it to be sure. The simplest solution right now is to simply not use spins while Yoshi is in the air (the safest time to use spins would be while Yoshi is getting ready to land).
Usually a Spin w/e (don't know the difference) just use that to punish yoshi's almost nonexistant landing lag from Bair, sonic's fast enough that he can easily do that I would think.

DS, You should consider going to Tony's smashfest tomorrow (friday) since you live right there pretty much, we can get in some Sonic vs. Yoshi matches. even though you're crazy pro with sonic while I'm about sub-pro with yoshi.

I know it kills at 115% on MK at the edge of FD if they DI down (expecting Usmash :laugh:) So I'm sure you'd survive to 125% at least if you majorly DIed that nonsense or for some reason got hit.

I've never worried about his aerial game for some reason. Yoshi is also pretty heavy/large so if you do land an SDR/ASC, its party time.
Heavy, but isn't a fast faller. "Combo" breaking second jump (sometimes Nair works too, that nonsense is fast)

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
DS, You should consider going to Tony's smashfest tomorrow (friday) since you live right there pretty much, we can get in some Sonic vs. Yoshi matches. even though you're crazy pro with sonic while I'm about sub-pro with yoshi.
Maybe, but I'd need transportation. Would you be able to give me a ride that day? Because I wouldn't be able to use my car (my mom uses it during the day to go to work).

Mmac

Smash Lord
I thought Spin Shot was the name of the SideB Spin Dash.... I lack in Sonic Terminology

What's wrong with Canada? Canada's networking services are awesome, and are probably BETTER than the US. Then again, probably 80% of the people here have Comcast

The thing you are forgetting though, is that Yoshi DOESN'T need to move backwards to use Pivot Grabs, With a QDS Setup, he can do them on the spot just like a regular shield grab.

As for bair...well I honestly haven't compared enough moves to see what to do about this. It's possible that Sonic's tilts might beat out Yoshi's bair (especially uptilt), but I'd need to test it to be sure. The simplest solution right now is to simply not use spins while Yoshi is in the air (the safest time to use spins would be while Yoshi is getting ready to land).
Ftilt might, but I not to sure. You also have to remember that Bair is an horizontal attack and not a vertical one, so I am not sure how well Utilt would actually work.

Thing is, a properly spaced Uair by Sonic will beat it out XD. Its extremely disjointed =P
I don't really know though... Sonic's have tried this on me, and I haven't really seen one beating the battle yet. Most of the time, it just simply trade hits with Sonic suffering more of course, or getting beaten out altogether...

Some interesting ideas about edgeguarding Yoshi that I haven't tried:
- well first off, one that I DID try: camp an airdodge from his double jump --> delayed B-air.
- Jump out/above Yoshi, pretending to go for a footstool, then if he DJ U-airs/airdodge, attack with B-air
- from below, spring > footstool lol (it's awesome, noone ever uses it XD)
- Probably won't work. Yoshi is going to wait until he is close until he's going to airdodge. Even if you delay it, he will probably get away, assuming that you are in the air
- Not going to work. It's the exact same thing as above, but worse
- Please don't mention footstalling, please don't. Plus how are you suppose to follow it up with anything after a spring, let alone a footstool?

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
I thought Spin Shot was the name of the SideB Spin Dash.... I lack in Sonic Terminology
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OsPU6nCm5iI
2:07. Lucky called it "spin jump" in the video, but the new term for it is "spin shot."

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=170844
The acronyms are near the top.

What's wrong with Canada? Canada's networking services are awesome, and are probably BETTER than the US. Then again, probably 80% of the people here have Comcast
I live in Florida. That's pretty far away. We can try it anyway if you want (I've got brighthouse, which is decent I guess). I'm free...right now

The thing you are forgetting though, is that Yoshi DOESN'T need to move backwards to use Pivot Grabs, With a QDS Setup, he can do them on the spot just like a regular shield grab.
What's QDS? And Shieldgrabs are generally too slow to get Sonic out of an ASC. The point is that Sonic should be using ASC from an angle where just standing still and grabbing wouldn't work, so the only way to grab him out of it would be to move backwards before grabbing (pivot grab). But since the Sonic player knows this...he'd be looking out for it and if you moved backwards he would retreat instead of continuing his ASC.

Ftilt might, but I not to sure. You also have to remember that Bair is an horizontal attack and not a vertical one, so I am not sure how well Utilt would actually work.
Uptilt is ridiculously disjointed, so what I'm really going for is hitting your tail with my uptilt, not necessarily outranging you. Though admittedly it is a bit of a stretch.

I don't really know though... Sonic's have tried this on me, and I haven't really seen one beating the battle yet. Most of the time, it just simply trade hits with Sonic suffering more of course, or getting beaten out altogether...
You're talking about Yoshi's aerial down B right? Uair should eat right through it, unless the Sonic players are trying to hit you with the first hit of the uair or something. The second hit has more than enough disjointed range to beat every one of Yoshi's aerials (and specials).

- Please don't mention footstalling, please don't. Plus how are you suppose to follow it up with anything after a spring, let alone a footstool?
He meant going under Yoshi and up Bing, and then footstooling as he passes Yoshi (Sonic can do that). But that's really more of a mindgame thing anyway so...nah.

Gindler

Smash Champion
Maybe, but I'd need transportation. Would you be able to give me a ride that day? Because I wouldn't be able to use my car (my mom uses it during the day to go to work).
Sure it's only like 60 seconds out of my way which is no big deal. It starts at 4 so I can get you there, I'll have to take my friends to the airport for an 8 o'clock flight then I'd return to tony's I'm guessing at 7:30 (they want to get there early of course) incase you need a ride home at some point after that too. Tonyfests tend to go pretty late (sometimes overnight :chuckle:) so it's really up to you when you want to leave.

Just post in http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=153046&page=75&highlight=orlando
shortly before it starts if you'd like to go as I always check it right before i depart

He meant going under Yoshi and up Bing, and then footstooling as he passes Yoshi (Sonic can do that). But that's really more of a mindgame thing anyway so...nah.
He can do that? Wow, that is a good "mindgame" for those who don't know of it.

Mmac

Smash Lord
I live in Florida. That's pretty far away. We can try it anyway if you want (I've got brighthouse, which is decent I guess). I'm free...right now
I already said that my Router is broken though, and I still haven't got it fixed yet

What's QDS? And Shieldgrabs are generally too slow to get Sonic out of an ASC. The point is that Sonic should be using ASC from an angle where just standing still and grabbing wouldn't work, so the only way to grab him out of it would be to move backwards before grabbing (pivot grab). But since the Sonic player knows this...he'd be looking out for it and if you moved backwards he would retreat instead of continuing his ASC.
Quick Double Stick, Putting the C-Stick to Smash/Grab, and imputing the Control Stick, C-Stick, and a Grab Button in a certain order and rythem to do it on the spot, without being in a dash. Also, I DIDN'T Say to use Shield Grabbing. I said it's LIKE a Shield Grab as he doesn't need to move to do it. I don't see why Yoshi would need to retreat backwards unless I'm am missing an important element I should know

Uptilt is ridiculously disjointed, so what I'm really going for is hitting your tail with my uptilt, not necessarily outranging you. Though admittedly it is a bit of a stretch.
The only problem is that I don't think you can actually hit the tail to damage him. I know that Some moves like his Dtilt you can hit his tail, but I haven't really seen it with his other tail based attacks.

You're talking about Yoshi's aerial down B right? Uair should eat right through it, unless the Sonic players are trying to hit you with the first hit of the uair or something. The second hit has more than enough disjointed range to beat every one of Yoshi's aerials (and specials).
I guess, but even if it does beat it, you are going upwards just as fast as he is going down, and you are going to space it to hit him with the 2nd Kick. I think this is much easier said than done actually...

He meant going under Yoshi and up Bing, and then footstooling as he passes Yoshi (Sonic can do that). But that's really more of a mindgame thing anyway so...nah
Wow, indeed of massive Mindgames. However this sounds more like a Defence to an Edgeguard by Yoshi, than as an offencive Edgeguard. However what if he uses an Egg to gain immunity from the footstall, and sweetspots the ledge, edgehoging you?

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
I don't see why Yoshi would need to retreat backwards unless I'm am missing an important element I should know
The angle that Sonic is comming in at (like 30 degrees or something) would allow him to go right over your grab if you were to attempt it from your position. But it's pretty cool that you can pivot grab...without the pivot. It definitely sounds a lot safer than trying to shield grab.

I kinda feel like I'm going to specific here. Sonic should rarely be using ASC at all in this match, and should be relying on a much more ground based game. If he is going to ASC, it has to be carefully spaced to avoid punishment

The only problem is that I don't think you can actually hit the tail to damage him. I know that Some moves like his Dtilt you can hit his tail, but I haven't really seen it with his other tail based attacks.
Hmm...well, there goes that strategy. Bair will continue to cause problems:(

I guess, but even if it does beat it, you are going upwards just as fast as he is going down, and you are going to space it to hit him with the 2nd Kick. I think this is much easier said than done actually...
Not really, I just start the uair a little early (like when fighting G&W since you know he's going to try to key). But if spacing is really such an issue, you could also move a little horizontally before springing to take advantage of the massive horizontal range of the first hit of the uair instead (but you risk them DIing out of the second hit entirely).

Wow, indeed of massive Mindgames. However this sounds more like a Defence to an Edgeguard by Yoshi, than as an offencive Edgeguard. However what if he uses an Egg to gain immunity from the footstall, and sweetspots the ledge, edgehoging you?
Well, not exactly. Sonic's footstool sends him rediculously high, and he'll probably just land on the stage rather than even attempting to grab the ledge. You can still footstool people while their attacking, so Sonic will still recover. He just wouldn't have edgeguarded you like he was trying to. If worst comes to worst he can just wall jump off the ledge while your grabbing it, and then footstool of you once your invincibility runs out to recover (I've actually done this to people. It's pretty sweet!)

But again, this is something that I really wouldn't be counting on in the average match anyway. Tenki is just crazy like that.

Greenstreet

Smash Champion
I think Yoshi is almost exhausted. Expect all the chars that havent been done to be up within the next week. I'll sit down at one point for a few hours and go through them all.

Sorry for any delays ;)

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
No whites on the Sonic boards.

What's the ratio for this? I've played this match-up an awful lot lately, but can't really contribute much because everything that needs to be said already has been.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
ROOOY! Fix your sig!

I know nothing on Yoshi, I've only played one so I have nothing to say...just thought I should tell you to fix your sig.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Guh... hmm... I'm not too sure really, I think it is neutral if not only slightly in Yoshi's favor, but I have no @#$%ing clue.

Mediocre Yoshis are even more rare than good Sonics.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
It makes everybody happy.

We know Sonic sucks, but we are player.

Well... some of us are still learning to player.

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
No no no.
Accuracy.
That's what we should go for.
Not just cave-in because no one listens to us.
It might be Yoshi's favour, I just think it needs more consideration.
It's in Yoshi's favour in my opinion, but I dunno if it's enough to throw it in his favour.

aeghrur

Smash Champion
Well, let's see alright?
Yoshi's heavy armor can probably be broken by our B-air at high percentages, but we're probably not gonna gimp him at low percentages.
His Pivot grab->Chain grab can stop our approaches(not will, can).
His Side-B and our SDRs cancel out.
Has a projectile
He rarely shields but he can probably grab us before we grab him.
He has a wavedash.
His D-air and B-air are good string/combo starters.
His Down-B can kill us if we're not careful about the Spring->U/Bair combos.
His Fair can meteor.
He's heavy.
His upair is great(So I heard).

So, what do we do against that?
We have Bair to counteract his heavy armor at higher percents
Our Dair semi-spike could potentially gimp if he doesn't use his Double jump at the right time.
We have a useable shield.
We need to shield grab him when he lands after an aerial.
Side-B invincy frames>Yoshi's side B if you can time it right.
Ledge>Yoshi's side-B
Make sure we're not predictable with recovery and that's not hard with sonic. :)
Our Up-smash is good against aerials.
We can recover from meteors via spring. :D
We need to stagespike if possible.
We have a good D-throw tech chase
We have a good pummel along with the grab, if we can get the grab.
Our Up-air, if spaced correctly, will beat out his aerials
We can run past his eggs easily and probably grab him if there's enough lag.
He can't grab us straight out of SDR

Of course, this means we're forced to approach though because of his eggs. This puts us at an immediate disadvantage because, well, this is brawl. However, the eggs aren't the important thing as he can chaingrab us with his pivot grab. Also, we're fast enough to easily escape or run past the eggs, but we can't be predictable, as always. If he does grab us, he will damage us, can place us where he wants on the stage, and possibly F-air meteor us. What do we have? We have the spinshot to help the approach, and ASC isn't bad either. We can always DACUS, I guess. Also, we can use SDR(either one) I suppose. Approaching really isn't that big of a problem for sonic though, because of our speed.

Now, say we successfully approach him and it's now close-combat. Errr, what happens now? :O I can't say much for yoshi so I'm leaving this off, lol... :)

Correct me where I'm wrong. :O

Top Bottom