• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sonic The Hedgehog: Community Matchup thread

What is Sonic's worst match up?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tenki

Smash Hero
The Cg does not really factor into the matchup since Ness can be a pain to grab due to his Fair.
Ness does have some issues trying tog rab Sonic. PI fire can be DI'ed out of so you shouldn't get grabbed by ness unless at low percents (where he couldn't kill you).
Pretty much.

I already felt that it was even-ish before the CG was confirmed, and even with the CG, all it'd ever be used for practically is placement, or spotdodge bait lol.

hah

Boxob

Smash Champion
With the new influx of noobs, I wouldn't quote Sonic players.

Most of them are noobs now.

If you want, quote people who know wtf they're talking about.

In fact, just quote Tenki.

:093:

PKNintendo

Smash Master
PK thunder is such a bad move. I don't see the big deal in it.

:093:
:laugh:

No. PKT is an artwork. It has so many uses, both offensive and defensive. It can loop into PKT2, which is powerful, great edge chaser e.c.t.

Boxob said:
With the new influx of noobs, I wouldn't quote Sonic players.

Most of them are noobs now.

If you want, quote people who know wtf they're talking about.

In fact, just quote Tenki.
Im sorry but your a noob (when it comes to Ness) and you don't know what your talking about. (when it comes to Ness)

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
stop being a troll if you dont want to get fed....

also, f/n/b/d-air all auto cancel rediculously fast...
they use them, alot,
he slides alot and has little lag when he dash grabs, but his grab range is still garbage, like, worse than the ICs IIRC.
his down air is the second strongest spike in the game, second only to ganons stomp (and luigis taunt if you count that.)

down air cancels so fast its useless to try and punish it (yes it deserves mentioning twice)
ness can f-air and back air twice in one short hop, they are fast.
when at high damage, most nesses will go for the back throw, to avoid this, keep his back to the middle of the stage, and other than that, avoid back air and forward smash.
the sound foraward smash makes is embarassing, dont get hit by it.
our upsmash does good against characters the focus on airial approaches.
none of his KO moves are fast enough to punish with consistently.
sonics advantage, but not by much...

snake discussion is going to be heated

NNID
MasterHavik
The snake one isn't going to a joy to read. I'm putting 50 dollars on it being a flame war or a very deep pro match discussion. Also, it close in this but sonic throw the steak for hte sight upper hands. Sorry, Ness you might have been in my favorite mother game, but you're not even with Sonic :D

aeghrur

Smash Champion
That very deep pro match discussion better not bring up situations/mind games. >_>
And no flame wars, Chis/Tenki/ROOOOOY! will report you. =O

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
I'm going to be debating myself, but not to the point of flames.
I don't think Snake's are too bad at all. They're one of my most played match-ups, too.

But we're still talking about Ness, or at least should be til Greenie gets here.

50:50 sound good?

Napilopez

Smash Lord
The spectrum goes from 45:55 Sonic to 55:45 Ness according to posts I've read, so I think 50:50 is most accurate. Sonic's CG doesn't have the hugest impact except for setups, as Tenki said, and its something we like, just became aware of.

It feels soooo weird saying Sonic and CG in the same sentence, unless the CG is being done on Sonic XD.

Also, I love how we keep on mentioning Snake when ROB is the next match-up, not snake. I call 55:45 on ROB though, 50:50 at best, but unlikely. I get steak if I'm right.

Anyways, I don't think there really is anything else left to discuss about the ness matchup, so yea, just waiting for greeny green.

Browny

Smash Hater
define 'hugest impact'

clearly i need to put up some more videos to show how much damage this thing can do. every single mistake ness does on the ground ends up in free damage. Its not to dissimlar to DDD's, with a little less damage output (could becme better at high %'s) and ease of shield-grabbing traded for sonics speed being able to punish just about every whiffed ground move. how about ness mains give me an idea on what sort of number advtange DDD gets from his CG on ness. like if he didnt have it, would it be 10:-10 better for ness or something.

Napilopez

Smash Lord
define 'hugest impact'

clearly i need to put up some more videos to show how much damage this thing can do. every single mistake ness does on the ground ends up in free damage. Its not to dissimlar to DDD's, with a little less damage output (could becme better at high %'s) and ease of shield-grabbing traded for sonics speed being able to punish just about every whiffed ground move. how about ness mains give me an idea on what sort of number advtange DDD gets from his CG on ness. like if he didnt have it, would it be 10:-10 better for ness or something.
Well I was just going bsaed on what I've read so far in this thread. since the CG is a relatively new thing, it hasn't been put thoroughlyinto play in the matchup, and thus right now it doesn't have the hugest impact on the matchup. But I see where you're coming from.

PKNintendo

Smash Master
define 'hugest impact'

Obsessed much?

We've covered this already!
coupled with the SBG, it's minor.

Oh and at Da Kid.
Sonic is disadvantage against himself?

55-45 sonic if only b/c of the cg

Your not homefree yet.

Browny

Smash Hater
whos covered it already?

people who dont even use it? have you ever had it done to you in a proper match?

PKNintendo

Smash Master
whos covered it already?

people who dont even use it? have you ever had it done to you in a proper match?
Yes. It wasn't my brother this time. (friend) with the SGB, counterpicking and banning stages. It's a minimal threat. You compared to the mighty DDD chain grab, so you will then be punished.

(curses you with lightning.)

Most of the Sonic mains have also agreed that it wasn't gamebreaking. (IIRC, Tenki, Shadow, Napilo, Roy e.c.t)

aeghrur

Smash Champion
I think a CG could count for that extra +5/-5% to Sonic/Ness respectively. I mean, it is an alternative to grab attacks, it can refresh his moves, and it sets you up near the edge if you can get a shield grab in. =/ It's not game breaking, but it is an advantage.

Napilopez

Smash Lord
I think a CG could count for that extra +5/-5% to Sonic/Ness respectively. I mean, it is an alternative to grab attacks, it can refresh his moves, and it sets you up near the edge if you can get a shield grab in. =/ It's not game breaking, but it is an advantage.
This is actually a pretty valid point. And yea, I've been CGd Back and forth all the way across FD playing against D3 and I still don't think that one's a too bad match-up, so idk. Greeeny mcgreen where art thouu.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
hold up, you cant spring out of D3's CG? everyone i fought i was able to get out of it...
if the D3 is frame perfect, you cant get out of it, but not too many D3s are frame perfect, so yes and no...

EDIT for bad generalisation
in a straight up fight sonic has the edge, just dont walk into any back throws or PKT2s and you should be fine

_clinton

Smash Master
Any of you sexy 15 year old 3'3, 77 lbs anthropomorphic blue hedgehogs want to play a game with my psychic 13 year old?

PKNintendo

Smash Master
I actually agree with 55:45 Sonic's favour.
Who are we talking about? If so for Ness. No way, this CG think is being taken WAY to far.
With proper DI and a super grab break, it's a we're laughing. The pro for this trick is refreshing moves. The damage output isn't even that high! (with the super grab break of course)

Top Bottom