• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sonic Generations - You're too sloooow if you haven't bought this game yet!

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Sonic 4 is good as a platformer.

It's just not good as a Sonic platformer.

I think Colors is better, but both games suffer from replayability issues, so I haven't played them through again in some time.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
So maybe it isn't as good as SA2, I can understand that, but seeing Sonic 4 looking like it's Genesis counterparts, does it at least offer that kind of classic style?

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
Colors has more replay value than 4 :v
You gotta collect all red rings to get
Super Sonic
. Plus, you could always "S" rank every stage :p
And then there's the challenge mode.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
You really can't compare a 15$ DL game to a 60$ whatever CD game in a retailer

Colors has waaaaaay more replayability. Especially if you want to uncover every exit in a level (yes you have different ways of completing it depending on the wisps you have

SonicBOOM XS

Smash Apprentice
Colors is better because:
1) Longevity (It's only $20-something at Amazon ATM)
2) Wisps NOT being a useless gimmick
3) More Replay Value
4) It's got multiplayer.

Of course, you might disagree entirely. :p

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
I don't know about you but the multiplayer is pretty terrible in this game. I mean two sonics running in 2D isn't the most fun thing I've ever seen in a Sonic multiplayer game

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Yeah, that's why I said earlier that I prefer the SA2 multiplayer. That was a ton of fun (as long as you banned Amy. BROKEN).

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
I used Metal Sonic in SA2B multiplayer :p I think that was the first time I ever saw Metal Sonic actually, aside from his Silver Sonic incarnation.

When I said that both games have replayability issues, I didn't mean to imply that replayability was nonexistent. Colors is kind of more playable, but I can't get myself to play any stage in Colors aside from the ones in Tropical Resort.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Man I remember Metal Sonic. He was so animal. Whenever I played that with my cousin, she'd ban the use of Metal Sonic just because he was so goddamn fast lol.

And then we'd be fighting on who got to use Shadow over Sonic ._.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
I always defeated Metal Sonic when I raced against him as Sonic. The BEST thing to do in that game though? Is exploit the little trick in which the one that's on a board gathers a couple of rings and then just stays on the slope on City Escape. The other guy collects enough rings to use Sonic Wind or Chaos Spear or whatever and it knocks the one that's on the board all the way back off it and able to run on foot during the boarding part. Then the one who used the attack dies and starts over from the beginning on the board. Collect a ring, let the other guy hit you with a homing attack, and voila.

You're both on foot at the very beginning of City Escape. Me and my friend would spend a long time just cranking music in the background (Sonic Boom preferably) and have Sonic and Metal Sonic race each other downhill and just do it again and again. And there's a fun little discovery. Sonic is actually equally matched with Metal Sonic at top speed without Spin Dashing when both are running downhill.

They need to create another Sonic racing game that involves being on foot. Preferably a speedier variation of what was in Adventure 2 Battle, with the solid platforming and controls and oh man I'm hyping myself up over dreams. LOL

It tempts me to learn how to do my own level designing and hack Adventure 2, and create an all downhill or very simplistic running stage to compete on. Even Stardust Speedway...

SonicBOOM XS

Smash Apprentice
They need to create another Sonic racing game that involves being on foot. Preferably a speedier variation of what was in Adventure 2 Battle, with the solid platforming and controls and oh man I'm hyping myself up over dreams. LOL

It tempts me to learn how to do my own level designing and hack Adventure 2, and create an all downhill or very simplistic running stage to compete on. Even Stardust Speedway...
Thisx100.

No, really, this. I'm serious.

Wrath`

Smash Master
In SA2B I loved the rail grind and snowboard races, also Metal Sonic was great as you could block everyone attacks with your Black Shield.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
SEGA's released their list of games scheduled to be released for the next 12 months:

Virtua Tennis 4 - 8th July 2011 (PC)
Captain America: Super Soldier - 15th July 2011 (Multi)
CRUSH3D - 9th September 2011 (3DS)
Rise of Nightmares (Kinect) - September 2011 (X360)
Shinobi - September 2011 (3DS)
House of the Dead: Overkill - Extended Cut - 28th October 2011 (PS3)
Sonic Generations - November 2011 (PS3, X360, PC)
Mario & Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games - November 2011 (Wii)
Anarchy Reigns - January 2012 (PS3, X360)
Mario & Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games - February 2012 (3DS)
Binary Domain Shooter - Early 2012 (PS3)
Aliens: Colonial Marines - Spring 2012 (PS3, X360, PC)
London 2012 - The Official Video Game of the Olympic Games - 2012 (PS3, X360, PC)
Thor Action Adventure - TBC (3DS)
Virtua Tennis 4 - TBC (PSVita)
Sonic Generations for the PS3, Xbox360, and the now-confirmed PC is to be released in November. But, surprisingly, the 3DS version of Generations is missing, when there are other 3DS games on the list. Considering what we know about the 3DS version of the game is that it is utter ****, utter **** that SEGA reps have admitted, could SEGA have delayed this version of the game to give it a complete overhaul and fix it up?

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Man I'm so disappointed at the lack of a NiGHTs game on that list (and I mean a good one not that **** we got like 3 years ago)

And are you sure they didn't just stop 3DS production to work on PC or that they didnt just forget to include the 3DS version on the list?

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
I'm eager for that Aliens game, but that's beside the point.

I think there were hints being laid about for a PC release before E3, so if SEGA wanted to terminate 3DS production, E3 would be the place to announce it, I would believe.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
"Anarchy Reigns"
I've had my eye on that since it stars some characters from Madworld.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Shinobi? It's been ages since I've played the original one on Genesis, I'm wondering if we'll ever get a Sonic Adventure 3 game...

I guess Generations will have to do, I'm going to play Colors though.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
You guys seriously don't understand how broken Amy can be.

10 ring speed up? OK, whatever.
20 ring special attack? Wow, that was quick. We just started!
30 ring freeze attack that lasts for 30+ seconds? WHAT THE HECK IS THIS!

If Amy somehow manages to get 30 rings, it's over. Not only does this give her enough time to get even more rings and freeze you AGAIN, but you're not even time stopped. You just can't move. That means you'll miss a jump you're currently making or enemies can attack you and you die.

She also hard-counters Metal Sonic. Seriously. At least Sonic and Shadow have special attacks to make Amy lose her rings. Metal Sonic can't do a thing about her ring collecting and just gets frozen over and over and over.

It's fun to troll people with her, though.

"Just wait a minute!"
"Just wait a minute!"
"Just wait a minute!" :troll:

The funny part is, the freeze timer can sometimes actually take a minute.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Yeah, it sucks that Amy had those advantages. I would have preferred her to have a different third ability that wasn't freezing the opponent, especially for that ring gathering speed. That or make her even slower to compensate. Like, make her Adventure 1 slower but have those moves. idc, just...

lol

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Sonic Wrecks apparently has something about Generations not seen or figured out yet that they're itching to reveal.

I think it was Wrecks that gave us the first Sonic Colors cutscene. Maybe the same will happen this time.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
Sonic Wrecks apparently has something about Generations not seen or figured out yet that they're itching to reveal.

I think it was Wrecks that gave us the first Sonic Colors cutscene. Maybe the same will happen this time.
I actually watched the "revealed" cutscene yesterday where Sonic breaks the fourth wall.
I remember it was a collab with a few Sonic sites.

But I would love to see what they reveal.

Grandeza

Smash Master
Found a glitch yesterday in the demo. On the part of the level where you around he wooden loop when I went down it I got stuck and was on the wrong side of the loop. it's kind of hard to explain. But I couldnt get back on the right side so I just had to kill myself. Not game breaking but just a surface issue i guess.

finalark

SNORLAX
SEGA needs to stop publishing forgettable licensed bull**** and needs to focus on releasing quality games based around old and new IPs.

And actually ****ing advertise them for once.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
One time, I was at the part with the wooden loop and I somehow fell to my death O_o

SonicBOOM XS

Smash Apprentice
OR, they could've made her freeze ability be a sort of "slowdown" ability rather than a total freeze. And lasts for only 20 seconds.

As for the list, I've got my eye on most of those games. So much epicness, but I do agree, what's with the lack of Generations 3DS (or PC, for that matter)?

Oh, does anyone else know the little shortcut (or not) in Final Rush on the "Grind Rail Tower"?

EDIT: Lol, meant to be posted back in the SA2 discussion.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
SEGA needs to stop publishing forgettable licensed bull**** and needs to focus on releasing quality games based around old and new IPs.

And actually ****ing advertise them for once.
Seriously SEGA needs to stop taking a dump on top of their old good IPs. I mean just look where they were headed with Sonic before Colors. If they hadn't taken their heads out of their *****, the series could've potentially ended right at Colors

Which reminds me, about 15 minutes into Sonic 06 an I already encountered about five glitches lol. I managed to make Tails freeze in an animation, managed to sink in sand even though I was protected by a bubble, managed to walk a loop and even stop at the top and remain upside down, walk under a gap meant for sliding without even doing that, make Sonic jitter in an animation, and even get him stuck to the point where I couldn't move Sonic for about 10 seconds LOL

finalark

SNORLAX
Seriously SEGA needs to stop taking a dump on top of their old good IPs. I mean just look where they were headed with Sonic before Colors. If they hadn't taken their heads out of their *****, the series could've potentially ended right at Colors
I just hope that they do a good job with PSO2. Too bad nobody will play it because they don't feel like hyping it up at all.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
I don't even have to look at the videos and I can predict that the comments are dripping with sarcasm, in both directions, for the Homing Attack vid, and the comments are declaring everlasting hate and disgust for SEGA in the rolling vid. Time to see if I'm right.

I wonder how many people will be that pissed off if the rolling remains unchanged from the demo.

EDIT: Turns out my prediction on the rolling vid is off. That's what happens when I take the fanbase for granted XD.

But still, that rolling. It won't bother me too much if the rolling isn't fixed, but this tweak makes it look cleaner. It couldn't be a net negative toward the gameplay if the rolling was made to resemble something like that.

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
Is it true that Sonic Generations is going to be developed for the PC as well?

That might make my dreams come true if it would work on my laptop considering I don't have a 360 or PS3...or a 3DS but why on earth would you get that version when Modern Sonic looks essentially like Classic Sonic but with a boost move?

Top Bottom