• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sonic Generations - You're too sloooow if you haven't bought this game yet!

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Idk I wouldn't mind seeing Werehog only if it applies to Classic Sonic and if it doesn't turn him into a tank and it actually contributes to the gameplay

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
Well, if you wanna get really pedantic I don't think skateboarding is that radical a departure from the snowboarding in Sonic 3 (or Sonic and Knuckles, can't remember which one had the snow level).

But yeah, I didn't know about the wisps.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Classic Sonic rode modes of transport in Ice Cap and Sonic Triple Trouble, so the idea isn't entirely new.

The only Wisps seen in the data are the insignia for the Rocket and Spike Wisps, two wisps that, alongside the Cube Wisp, were the only Wisps that could be used in just the 2D sections of Colors. You can also relate them to the Rocket Shoes powerup and (I think there was one) Spring powerup in, again, Sonic Triple Trouble; powerups that provide Classic Sonic a way to move aside from his traditional method of running.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
So I don't know why but after playing what must be a million times in GHZ, I noticed that the sound of the steps CSonic makes when he goes through that loop made out of wood.

I have no idea why I loved that little detail they put in for some reason

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
I've been TA'ing the demo.
I've gotten like 53 seconds or something.
One part that ticks me off is bouncing off the 3 enemies at the beginning to get to the high path. I sometimes have trouble timing it. Another is after you have to bounce off the Buzz Bomber to hit the spring. Once I spindash after I land, I gotta time my jump right or else I'll fall to the lower path.

SonicBOOM XS

Smash Apprentice
I've been TA'ing the demo.
I've gotten like 53 seconds or something.
One part that ticks me off is bouncing off the 3 enemies at the beginning to get to the high path. I sometimes have trouble timing it. Another is after you have to bounce off the Buzz Bomber to hit the spring. Once I spindash after I land, I gotta time my jump right or else I'll fall to the lower path.
I think my best time is 52 seconds. But the same problem applies to me. It's just so hard to time that and not:
1) Smash into the monitor hiding in the tree.
2) Miss all the robots entirely.
3) Hit the robots and just barely miss the path.

Oh, and did you know that you should cut the upper path midway through for a faster time? The little rock in the lower path that leads into an S-tube? That's faster than the upper path's loop.

@Item debaters: Wisps will most likely be items. We're getting some classic items as well as newer gimmicks as items, so most likely we'll get Wisps. God forbid we get the Werehog, but if we do we'll probably see it as only a slight platforming segment.

Teams for Heroes would be epic. Like you just start as Sonic, then an item grants you the team? YES PLZ.

And kudos to the guy that said the 06 will offer glitches, bugs, and unbelievable load times. XD We'll probably see some of the "Gem" attributes for Sonic in there.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Those gems were pretty cool. In fact most of everything ABOUT Sonic 2006 was cool. It was just unfortunate that it was so damn glitchy and awful. If they had removed all those bugs and fixed everything??? It would be an AWESOME game. It's the closest thing we've ever come to Sonic Adventure 3.

I can't wait to hear an awesome remix of Crisis City. Preferably this part,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAUvk5VEFuc

SonicBOOM XS

Smash Apprentice
Those gems were pretty cool. In fact most of everything ABOUT Sonic 2006 was cool. It was just unfortunate that it was so damn glitchy and awful. If they had removed all those bugs and fixed everything??? It would be an AWESOME game. It's the closest thing we've ever come to Sonic Adventure 3.

Don't forget Elise. GET RID OF HER. EVEN IF SHE CONTAINS IBLIS.

Wait, she granted Sonic invincibility (to an extent), right?

ELISE ITEM in a capsule.

I'd love to see FOX News's reaction to that, especially since we just came off of Bulletstorm and Duke Nukem Forever. They're probably going to rant on ESRB for making this E-rated. XD

And the song is amazing. Shame I've never really listened to it.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings

Oh God that song is amazing. I tell you what 06 didn't have in gameplay and playability, they had it in the form of amazing music

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Wave Ocean, Crisis City, Aquatic Base, and Egg Wyvern are among my favorite songs in the entire series, and I'd love to see the three of which have stages that are not in the game still be incorporated in some way. Seaside Hill theme being remixed and including a section from Wave Ocean in it around midway in? Going through the ocean ruins segment of Seaside Hill, and hearing an upbeat version of Aquatic Base while running through it? Hell yes.

I've never played nor seen Sonic 06 gameplay, but from what I understand there is "Amigo" gimmick? Could that be incorporated in some way in Crisis City?

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Wave Ocean, Crisis City, Aquatic Base, and Egg Wyvern are among my favorite songs in the entire series, and I'd love to see the three of which have stages that are not in the game still be incorporated in some way. Seaside Hill theme being remixed and including a section from Wave Ocean in it around midway in? Going through the ocean ruins segment of Seaside Hill, and hearing an upbeat version of Aquatic Base while running through it? Hell yes.

I've never played nor seen Sonic 06 gameplay, but from what I understand there is "Amigo" gimmick? Could that be incorporated in some way in Crisis City?
Imo for some reason this is teh best piece of music I've ever heard in a Sonic game

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Ag9z4fbjFg

And that's music that's supposed to be dedicated to another game -_-

And I'm sure they said no other character would be playable didn't they say that?

finalark

SNORLAX

Its a shame, really. The only reason why it was released in such a horrible state is that SEGA demanded that Sonic Team rushed the game and left it unfinished so they could get it out for a Christmas release. I feel like the game would have been much better had SEGA given Sonic Team more time to fix the numerous bugs, loading times and to refine the game.

Ironically, Sonic '06 was originally designed to address many of the problems that 3D Sonic had at the time.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
I've got a great idea for the perfect 3D Sonic game.

Mach speed zones much like were in Sonic 2006, only the gameplay changes completely to be based around Sonic Unleashed/Sonic Colors in terms of control at high speeds. Everything else? Polished Adventure/Adventure 2 styled gameplay. Transitions inbetween those styles. I love Unleashed and Colors, but even then I don't get the kind of feel I did from those games that I did in Adventure.

As well? Unique speedy gameplay with other characters, like a legit debut of Knuckles and Tails using some twists in the Unleashed/Colors style of playing. And I don't need to have a return to strictly 2D at points either. A full 3D Sonic game like the Adventure series was with that kind of polish to it would be amazing imo. People that complain that Sonic's too slow then? Well.... Adventure and Adventure 2. He was slow as hell in those games to make way for exploration and ultimately, better 3D platforming imo.

finalark

SNORLAX
I actually prefer the fully 3D game play of Sonic Adventure, and I feel like that it was just fine and SEGA really didn't need to invent a new model for 3D Sonic. All they had to do was refine Adventure's game play, the biggest problems with most of the games modeled after Adventure was the glitchiness which could be easily fixed with a few more months of development.

Don't get me wrong, Colors was fun but I really prefer Adventure 1 and 2's approach of focusing on platforming and exploration to be better than BOOSTBOOSTBOOSTBOOST 2D PLATFORMING TIME! BOOSTBOOSTBOOSTBOOST!

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
I honestly don't like the 2D segments. Especially when there's already a character dedicated to JUST 2D.

And tbh I really do like where they go with the speed boost, but I just feel they haven't perfected it yet to the point where it could allow for more platforming and speedboosting at the same time

Also, why the hell did they have to take the light dash off for? That was a pretty cool feature I'm disappointed got taken away

Super_Sonic8677

Smash Lord
I honestly don't like the 2D segments. Especially when there's already a character dedicated to JUST 2D.

And tbh I really do like where they go with the speed boost, but I just feel they haven't perfected it yet to the point where it could allow for more platforming and speedboosting at the same time

Also, why the hell did they have to take the light dash off for? That was a pretty cool feature I'm disappointed got taken away
Because they never knew enough to dedicate it to it's own button. Or put the "bounce/flying kick/whatever else" attack on a different one.

Who plummeted to their death in a pre-unleashed Sonic game because the alternate move came out in front of the trail of rings and not the light dash raise your hand. I just played through Sonic Adventure 2 for the first time in a long time and that is the one thing that is irratating as hell. Also Happy Birthday Sonic Adventure 2 you're a literal decade old game o__O;

But yeah if they fixed that I would be perfectly happy with the pre-unleashed engine. Even as it is I like it better than the unleashed/colors engine anyways.

finalark

SNORLAX
Who plummeted to their death in a pre-unleashed Sonic game because the alternate move came out in front of the trail of rings and not the light dash raise your hand. I just played through Sonic Adventure 2 for the first time in a long time and that is the one thing that is irratating as hell. Also Happy Birthday Sonic Adventure 2 you're a literal decade old game o__O
Seeing how SA2 was made to celebrate Sonic's 10th, this is a given.

Also, they fixed the light dash problem by assigning it to a different button in Shadow. Too bad nobody seems to remember that.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Honestly, I think Sonic controlled at his best in SA2. I think he was just fast enough to enjoy his sense of speed yet slow enough for exploration and platforming. In SA1 he was pretty good, but you basically just spin-dash spam everywhere lol. Sonic Heroes had wonky controls (basically the only thing holding it back, in my opinion), Sonic '06 is self-explanatory, SU put too much emphasis on speed, and Sonic Colors was almost as great as SA2, but didn't quite capture it.

Still, I thoroughly enjoyed all these games bar Sonic '06.

Oh, speaking of SA2, we need a legitimate multiplayer mode. Seriously.

SonicBOOM XS

Smash Apprentice
Only the 3DS version's getting multiplayer :c
:urg:

I miss the days of Sonic's legit multiplayer. Sonic Colors' multiplayer wasn't good. It was annoying. So annoying. And forced.

Now Sonic the Hedgehog 2/3's races, Sonic Adventure 2's multiple character abilities and modes (the COD of its age lol), Sonic Heroes' multiple modes, Shadow's Deathmatches, and 06's races/coop were all at least fun. The rest? Good for a few runs, then dead.

Wasn't Triangle a Light Speed Dash (LSD lol) button in Unleashed? That could work.

As for Adventure fans, I'm happy knowing I'm not the only Adventure fan out there who prefers those games above the current games. They should've had a third Adventure Sonic.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
It technically was. You can also make a case for Heroes+Shadow the Hedgehog.

Then there was Sonic Unleashed being called Sonic Adventure 3 as well at one point.

SonicBOOM XS

Smash Apprentice
But there is no OFFICIAL Adventure 3.

Now, really, if we had an Adventure game, with a great camera system, some Mach Speed runs Sonic Unleashed style, and multiple characters with multiple game types, along with Chao Gardens and Chaos Emerald stages, THAT'D be win.

Oh, and Adventure-style music. 06 works, too.

Oh, yeah. +1 to whoever said that for what 06 lacked in the gameplay department, it made up for (somewhat) in its music.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
:urg:

I miss the days of Sonic's legit multiplayer. Sonic Colors' multiplayer wasn't good. It was annoying. So annoying. And forced.

Now Sonic the Hedgehog 2/3's races, Sonic Adventure 2's multiple character abilities and modes (the COD of its age lol), Sonic Heroes' multiple modes, Shadow's Deathmatches, and 06's races/coop were all at least fun. The rest? Good for a few runs, then dead.

Wasn't Triangle a Light Speed Dash (LSD lol) button in Unleashed? That could work.

As for Adventure fans, I'm happy knowing I'm not the only Adventure fan out there who prefers those games above the current games. They should've had a third Adventure Sonic.
I never really liked the multiplayer in 2/3 too much. 3 was ok because it had some cool unique levels. I DID love the co-op multiplayer to death though. some of my favorite gaming memories playing Sonic 2-3-Knuckles with my sister or a friend. That's one reason I never really got in to Sonic 1 (that, and no spindash).

SonicBOOM XS

Smash Apprentice
I never really liked the multiplayer in 2/3 too much. 3 was ok because it had some cool unique levels. I DID love the co-op multiplayer to death though. some of my favorite gaming memories playing Sonic 2-3-Knuckles with my sister or a friend. That's one reason I never really got in to Sonic 1 (that, and no spindash).
How'd I forget the coop. XD

I loved that. So much trash talk between I, Sonic, and my cousin, Tails, over who's fault it was that I plummeted down to my death.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Actually, SonicBOOM, I like Sonic Colors better than SA2. I just think that Sonic controlled best in SA2.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
I thought 2006 WAS gonna be Adventure 3.
Sadly, that's not how it turned out >.>

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
For the moment, this is not confirmed, and may very well a misinterpretation, but SEGA Mexico disclosed the prospect of Bonus Stages for Classic Sonic in the 3DS version of the game. So the Gumball Bonus, Slot Machine Bonus, and the Double Helix Bonus stages could be making a return, along with new Bonus stages.

Super_Sonic8677

Smash Lord
Seeing how SA2 was made to celebrate Sonic's 10th, this is a given.

Also, they fixed the light dash problem by assigning it to a different button in Shadow. Too bad nobody seems to remember that.
I played the game until I beat the final story and never touched it again. I just did not like the reinterpretation of Shadow's character it was so different than how he was in SA2 and SH (which is not excusable because he had amnesia just like in his own game here and yet he acted like he did in SA2 in SH.) The melee attacks were bad and since when does the Ultimate Life Form need guns and transportation? And now it doesn't even work for some reason .__.;

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Well Shadow needed guns and vehicles because obv every Sonic game NEEDS a gimmick shoved in there at the last minute right :awesome:

Top Bottom