• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sonic Generations - You're too sloooow if you haven't bought this game yet!

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Whoa! That list seems to lean more to modern than classic, hopefully some worthwhile music gets in the game, mainly any remixes.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
Tried the demo. My thought
OMFGSPINDDASHNOOB
Seriously, that spindash button is BROKEN. You can spam the hell out of it.
Enjoyed it though. Anxious for modern Sonic's demo.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
These are all great choices. The only ones I would probably switch around is Sky Sanctuary Zone with Hydrocity Zone (but Sky Sanctuary also rocks) and Seaside Hill/Ocean Palace with Frog Forest. I dunno, Seaside Hill is basically the Green Hill Zone of Sonic Heroes, and we don't have a forest stage in that list (maybe Planet Wisp?), but whatever.

No Sonic CD is also disappointing, but I'll live.

SonicBOOM XS

Smash Apprentice
Hmmm...yes, the level choices AND amount are somewhat disappointing (come on, at LEAST 14), but the ones that ARE chosen are really good.

BUT, if it was MY list?

Sonic 1: Green Hill Zone, Scrap Brain Zone, Spring Yard Zone
Sonic CD: Palmtree Panic, Stardust Speedway, Metallic Madness
Sonic 2: Chemical Plant Zone, Oil Ocean Zone, Sky Fortress Zone
Sonic 3 & Knuckles: Hydrocity Zone, Launch Base Zone, Sky Sanctuary Zone, Death Egg
Sonic Adventure: Sky Deck, Speed Highway, Emerald Coast (BIG. FREAKING. WHALE.)
Sonic Adventure 2: City Escape, Metal Harbor, Final Rush
Sonic Heroes: Grand Metropolis, Frog Forest, Egg Fleet (Seaside Hill/Ocean Palace was already done in S&SASR)
Sonic 06: Crisis City, Kingdom Valley, Flame Core
Sonic and the Secret Rings: Evil Foundry, Night Palace
Sonic Unleashed: Spagonia, Adabat, Empire City
Sonic and the Black Knight: Misty Lake
Sonic Colors: Tropical Resort, Aquarium Park, Planet Wisp, Asteroid Coaster
Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Mad Gear Zone
Something fans have wanted: CHAO GARDENS!!!

A lot, a lot, but some of these could be DLC.

And I like the Sonic Adventure/2/Unleashed route they're taking with this, with the multiple missions per stage idea.

finalark

SNORLAX
I never really got the fixation on Chaos. I find the whole side quest boring and really wish they used the disk space for something else.

finalark

SNORLAX
So, I played the demo.

SEGA, you guys are awesome. The classic game play is incredibly similar to the Genesis titles. And yes, the physics are intact this time. For everyone who was disappointed by Sonic 4, this is the game you were looking for.

Also, every single thing in that demo down to the very sounds it makes is pure nostalgia.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Idk I personally thought that they were cute as hell and as twisted as it is I thought it was fun abusing them :c

Besides I assume this is one of those nostalgia things people want back just for the sake of having it back

SonicBOOM XS

Smash Apprentice
Idk I personally thought that they were cute as hell and as twisted as it is I thought it was fun abusing them :c

Besides I assume this is one of those nostalgia things people want back just for the sake of having it back
You sick, sick soul. I got sooooo sad when I took away a Chao's food and he never smiled again. :c

It should be put back, IMO, just in a more refined fashion and offering more content than your standard Nintendogs clone.

finalark

SNORLAX
It should be put back, IMO, just in a more refined fashion and offering more content than your standard Nintendogs clone.
How are Chaos a Nintendogs clone? They've been around for far longer.

Scratch that, virtual pets have been around far longer than Nintendogs has. I never really got the appeal, I'd rather take care of a real pet than a fake one.

finalark

SNORLAX
Must have been because he's been playing "Dr. Eggman Adventure" since Unleashed.
Wow, I can't believe I never knew about that Easter egg.

Yeah, he was probably so busy with Power Stone and Phantasy Star Online that he decided to let other bad guys take over while he plays Crazy Taxi and Shenmue. He's probably already finished Skies of Arcadia and regularly attends Marvel Vs Capcom tourneys.

/Seganerd

M.K

Level 55
If they put Chaos and the Chao minigames into this game, I would buy it instantly.
It's sad, maybe a bit shallow, but it's completely true. I LOVED the Chao aspect of SA2:B and I would LOVE to see it return.
That's the aspect of SA2:B that gave it such replayability. If you're not the "omg must get every ring 100%" kind of player, Chaos are what made the game enjoyable.

finalark

SNORLAX
That's the aspect of SA2:B that gave it such replayability. If you're not the "omg must get every ring 100%" kind of player, Chaos are what made the game enjoyable.
For me it was doing all of the extra missions that gave it replayability. But to each his own.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
Well, according to the stuff hackers found, we will have little missions for every stage, Modern and Classic.
There are 5 each stage, I believe.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
I can't believe they find all this stuff in a demo. I thought that the demo only carried information on the stages it has and that's it, not the entire game

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
Well, Sega is bound to get their stuff leaked.
Look at Sonic 4. Guy leaked videos of every stage, thus making SEGA push back the release date to fix things up.
Seriously, they should only put necessities in their demo...

SonicBOOM XS

Smash Apprentice
Not as Final Bosses, but in general I'm expecting to see Metal Sonic and Chaos at least get a cameo.
HEYHEYHEY if we're getting Perfect Chaos, we should get Finalhazard, Metal Madness, Solaris, Dark Gaia, Devil Doom (OH PLEASE OH PLEASE OH PLEASE!!!), and Nega-Wisp Armor.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
I honestly hope we don't get Metal Madness.

It turned an awesome looking character into an ugly monster. And I don't mean the ugly kind that's beast, I mean the ugly kind that's not cool. I honestly preferred his original design with the red line coming down across his face better :/

EDIT:

And Solaris sucked, Finalhazard is basically a rehash of Perfect Chaos with its DNA, Dark Gaia got beat by a little creature, that ain't cool, and Devil Doom was a Shadow the Hedgehog boss.

finalark

SNORLAX
HEYHEYHEY if we're getting Perfect Chaos, we should get Finalhazard, Metal Madness, Solaris, Dark Gaia, Devil Doom (OH PLEASE OH PLEASE OH PLEASE!!!), and Nega-Wisp Armor.
I doubt we're going to see every single final boss from every game. Especially the bosses from the most lack luster titles. The only reason why I think we'll see Metal Sonic is because he's a fan favorite and as for Chaos SA1 was the first 3D Sonic. It would make sense from him to at least make a cameo.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Devil Doom is decent but Metal Sonic should definetly appear, he's always been my favorite villain besides Robotnik.

Hopefully Vector makes a cameo, he's my favorite Sonic character.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
So,

Summer of Sonic just happened in the UK.

A certain song was played at the event.

Someone had the foresight to stream it so that the background noise can get cut off. Another person converted the song to mp3.

Classic City Escape is now on my Ipod.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Dammit I demand to hear the modern version of the song.

All I ever care for in this game is for the Modern Sonic but dammit I only hear about Classic Sonic news anymore :c

Top Bottom