• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sonic DOES NOT suck!!!

MdrnDayMercutio

Smash Champion
I really wasn't going to point out that Memphis said that after losing $20 to OWM.

But, seriously, in his defense, OWM is a **** fine ROB player. I played him for a dollar later that day and, while they were good matches, OWM has his timing down really really well and Sonic doesn't have alot to get through ROB's barrage of attacks.

Spot Dodge > Dsmash is one of the most annoying things in the world to deal with.

memphischains

Smash hhkj'
OWM is pretty good, I was doing everything that Sonic could but nothing was working.

R.O.B. is a heavy character and with proper DI won't die.

K.I.D. you better watch what you say and how you say it, ask any that saw those matches and they will tell you there was almost nothing I could have done. One time I hit him with a Bair at over 150% from the complete right side of the stage and he just floated on back with his gay recovery. I couldn't gimp him at all.

How can you talk trash when you don't even have any strong wins under your belt? Who do you play? Scrubs? No names? No one anyone has heard of anyway. Your only in RI, why don't you come to some of the big name Atlantic North tournaments? I know you won a tournament, but who went? Anyone I would have heard of?

I can't john about the match though,
What can I say? It was dumb to accept the match. I apparently had a name with Sonic that I felt I needed to keep?

If you grow some balls then I'll play you, and win. I don't care who/when/how, but if your going to start talking **** then come play and I'll put you in your place.

Umby

Smash Master
Top tier
__X__
Anthinus

High Tier
TwinkleToes
da K.I.D.
SonicOrochi
KirbyandSonicRock14

Mid tier
Memphis
Umby
Shadowlink84
Frostbyte
IceDX
lil cj

Low tier
Tenki

Michelin tire
LuCky
InterimOfZeal
darkNES
Boxob

--------------------
fixed.

Tenki misses too much and is a wifi nawb. Low tier trash.
How the hell did I make mid tier?

MdrnDayMercutio

Smash Champion
I'm not gunna lie and say it was a good idea. At that amount, but you did do well. And ROB is an insanely hard to kill character. That Bair in particular hurt me to watch. I could not believe it at the time. Like I said, I ended up playing him after ward and, geez, OWM's DI is nice... or Sonic can't kill little of both really.

Hell I took a match him later, 2/3 for a dollar, AFTER WATCHING THE WHOLE MATCH. It was a good match to watch to, from a Sonic POV, glad Pat/Pro let me delay our match to finish watching it. ROB is such a ludicrously hard match up. The ROB really needs to either screw up badly, be really bad, or be facing a Sonic that is so literally on his game that he's untouchable. And Nair, which is one of OWM's favourite moves, is really good at screwing many of Sonic's approachs if he can read you at all. Which White Mage aint too shabby at.

I wasn't trying to bust your balls over Memphis. You no you get my respect. Hell I didn't even go Sonic once in tourney. Where as you had people getting impressed to see "THE EC SONIC." I would love to take another shot at that crown.(I'm pretty sure I took one of our two matches last time. I thought I remembered us wanting to do our 3rd for a 2/3 on the TV with the laptop hooked up to it but couldn't get in there before who ever it was took it away) I really don't enjoy Sonic Ditto's though. They get kinda boring and they're so awkward. Melee Marth Dittos and Falcon Dittos. So fun. CFHB matches, so fun. Sonic dittos? Meh. I do them online and in person when people want them but I just don't go looking for them.

I should stop bumping this thread though.

memphischains

Smash hhkj'
lol, EC SONIC

I feel you Ace, my mind games with those wins I had were too good lol.

I got 2 DQ wins because the opponents were scared to play me, then I lost to a decent Lucas/Dedede. He was smart rather, but really not a great player overall but understood my limitations as Sonic.

MdrnDayMercutio

Smash Champion
Cat Fight's convinced me try sticking with Sonic against Snakes. Or at least keep working on my Sonic vs. Snake game. If only cause Snakes are gunna start getting alot of expierence vs. DK just as prep. No one bothers to practice against Snake... ever.

And he sees what I'm saying when I claim Sonic does well against Snake. It's not an advantage, it might no even be even. But it's not worse than 40-60 IMO. There's few characters that can get around the stage and all of Snake's stage control as well as Sonic can. And I'm not sure but I wanna say Dthrowing Snake just moments after he plants a Proxy works, but I might be thinking of DK... I haven't slept much the last few days.

Tenki

Smash Hero
The Sonic Tire List!

East Coast Tire
memphischains

Top tier
Anthinus
__X__

High Tier
HolyNightmare [aib]
da K.I.D.
Ophelia
Umby
TwinkleToes
SonicOrochi
KirbyandSonicRock14

Mid tier
Mr. 3000
dj brownie
Terios the Turtle eating Echidna
Frostbyte
IceDX
Tenshi-kun

Low tier
Phoenix Dark [-1]for being gone ;__;
lil cj
Mushroomring
ROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOY! too many O's.
Super Sonic8677 [-3]

Firestone tire We make Wario's bike fast. And our traction makes him slip every few turns.
Tenki
Shadowlink84

Michelin tire They make this sht roll
LuCky
InterimOfZeal
darkNES
Boxob

--------------------
fixed.

my first list just copypastad the original list and moved me :3

Also, new brackets added and names moved because of complaints :[

edit:
lol so all of a sudden i'm top tier?
fixed.
I'm still not even on the list XD
fixed.

edit2:
O_o; wow, we have more Sonic mains than I thought.

edit3:
-Mushroomring moved to low tier upon request.
-East Coast Tire moved above top tier.
-Also, more subliminal advertisement added.

edit4:
-Super Sonic8677 moved down upon request.
-ROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Y
added.

omegawhitemage

BRoomer
BRoomer
I gotta give memphis props for having the balls to play me for that much though. Good **** son.

memphischains

Smash hhkj'
I wanna do it again btw, REVENGE! AND ER, AVENGINGNESS?

I don't back down from a challenge, I don't care if I win or lose just to... prove myself I guess?

EDIT - add best in front of EC Tire, and make a new thread for the tires existses ness es

omegawhitemage

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'll do it again buddy, np. That goes for any Sonic, you ever meet me and wanna throw down for $20 let me know.

lulz

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
I'd take mid.
I'm so important that I take up three lines on the tire list? neat
There are more Sonic mains then I thought..

lil cj

Smash Lord
Thanks Sonic mains:)
All the advice is really helping
hopefully this will help out all Sonic mains out there
And help the low tier mains(im one) move up the ladder
How do u find out about these tournaments??

Tenki

Smash Hero
there's a tourney section in the forums, or you can check out gaming stores/arcades/whatever in your local area.

But the Sonic tier list I made is a joke, btw.

TwinkleToes

Smash Lord
Since you don't have your FC by your name does that mean you won't play online?
If you're talking to me, I don't have a Wii at the moment which is why I'm not helping you guys test any of this awesome stuff out that we've been discussing for the past month or two :x

Tenki, everything you do is a joke.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
OWM is pretty good, I was doing everything that Sonic could but nothing was working.

R.O.B. is a heavy character and with proper DI won't die.

K.I.D. you better watch what you say and how you say it, ask any that saw those matches and they will tell you there was almost nothing I could have done. One time I hit him with a Bair at over 150% from the complete right side of the stage and he just floated on back with his gay recovery. I couldn't gimp him at all.

How can you talk trash when you don't even have any strong wins under your belt? Who do you play? Scrubs? No names? No one anyone has heard of anyway. Your only in RI, why don't you come to some of the big name Atlantic North tournaments? I know you won a tournament, but who went? Anyone I would have heard of?

I can't john about the match though,
What can I say? It was dumb to accept the match. I apparently had a name with Sonic that I felt I needed to keep?

If you grow some balls then I'll play you, and win. I don't care who/when/how, but if your going to start talking **** then come play and I'll put you in your place.
1. i wasnt attking you, i just thought that the timing on everything that happedned was weird.

2. i dont deny that ROB is a ******** character, but you shouldnt let your pride get in the way of keeping your money, IMO.

3. if ppl get over 150 and my b-air doesnt kill them, i either quit the gay or just start upthrowing repeatedly until it kills.

4. im in NY right now, and dont get upset, it was just a bad choice of words on my part. were all sonic mainers here, right? no grudges on my end.

5. just because i dont play the best ppl ever, and the ppl that i do play dont have the drive, or resources to go to big tourneys, that doesnt mean that they arent good. i had to play proly the best pika youve ever seen, and he hates brawl forums in general.

6. like i said, i dont hold grudges, but if you want to put me in my place... bring it! itll just help me cement my place as the best sonic in this place.

NNID
MasterHavik
K.I.D be careful. Memphis is like strom. She can shock you with her skills. And I had t oso say something about X-men XD. But on a serious note, let's not fight but were all sonic mainers. Were the same as any other smashers. Rivalry are oaky, but just a prue up and down fight isn't cool. LOL, I'm sound like an adult. But hell, I have a good Marth and Snake in my area. It isn't that I tell ya that much.

mysticwolf

Smash Journeyman
Tell me the difference between Over-B and Down-B
NOTHIN'!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I see no point in having to of the exact same moves. I will admit, I like to use him, but I can't, because scince his moves are so identical, if somebody can avoid one of his moves, they can avoid them all. That's why he sucks.

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
Tell me the difference between Over-B and Down-B
NOTHIN'!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I see no point in having to of the exact same moves. I will admit, I like to use him, but I can't, because scince his moves are so identical, if somebody can avoid one of his moves, they can avoid them all. That's why he sucks.
Wow. No. Just... stop.

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=170844

Tenki

Smash Hero
It's okay. If he ever tries to comprehend the two moves, his brain will explode.

o_o;

Top Bottom