• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sonic DOES NOT suck!!!

TwinkleToes

Smash Lord
Who gives a crap, it doesn't really matter and this was a pointless thread to begin with. It's another reason we need a mod so junk threads like this don't get past 2 pages.

Tenki

Smash Hero
So, has this thread proven anything? I mean, is Sonic suddenly not Low Tier-ish?
Nah, all it proves is that Sonic mainers have something wrong with their heads.

Really, I think the first part had newer Sonic players arguing that he wasn't so bad, then older Sonic players saying that he sucked, but he has things going for him, then we spammed it to tire advertisements and here we are. The most recent thing of interest was a scrub who can't tell the difference between side-B and down-B but it's of little consequence.

lil cj

Smash Lord
Who gives a crap, it doesn't really matter and this was a pointless thread to begin with. It's another reason we need a mod so junk threads like this don't get past 2 pages.

Not really:)
This thread I made is fun...
we are tryna prove to everyone that Sonic doesnt suck
We even got other character mains coming into this thread
b/c they might want to try out Sonic too, but they thought he was useless and low tier.
I bet everyone(Sonic mains and non Sonic mains) after they unlocked Sonic(which took a while for most) wanted to see what all the hype was about and since he is hard to use at first they gave up on him and thought he sucked...but since they came to this thread they might give him another chance.
He was the most requested character in brawl:)
This thread will probably help out Sonic's rep.

bluebolt

Smash Journeyman
sonic was simply made to be annoying, and get items fast, and by annoying.
I like his up tilt, helps me a lot in some situations.

sonic isnt my main, but he's one of my primaries

SothE700k

Smash Lord
Not really:)
This thread I made is fun...
we are tryna prove to everyone that Sonic doesnt suck
We even got other character mains coming into this thread
b/c they might want to try out Sonic too, but they thought he was useless and low tier.
I bet everyone(Sonic mains and non Sonic mains) after they unlocked Sonic(which took a while for most) wanted to see what all the hype was about and since he is hard to use at first they gave up on him and thought he sucked...but since they came to this thread they might give him another chance.
He was the most requested character in brawl:)
This thread will probably help out Sonic's rep.
LMFAO

Sorry to burst your bubble, but I don't think this is going to change the fact that people will still think Sonic is utter garbage. That's a bit too big of a rep there to take over.

Unless someone finds out a glitch or an AT for Sonic that parallels MK's new AT...
(Please everyone, don't get any ideas with this...)

TwinkleToes

Smash Lord
sonic was simply made to be annoying, and get items fast, and by annoying.
I like his up tilt, helps me a lot in some situations.

sonic isnt my main, but he's one of my primaries
Wouldn't that make him a "secondary?" :/

Don't do that. I read it at "Lol @ your ignorance, Yuna".
LOL @ your ignorance, Yuna.

:p

LMFAO

Sorry to burst your bubble, but I don't think this is going to change the fact that people will still think Sonic is utter garbage. That's a bit too big of a rep there to take over.

Unless someone finds out a glitch or an AT for Sonic that parallels MK's new AT...
(Please everyone, don't get any ideas with this...)
I still think that tech is overrated. If Sonic gained such an ability it would undoubtedly make him more annoying (hooray I guess?) but it wouldn't actually help him beat anyone.

Tenki

Smash Hero
uhh... ggs lil CJ.

Sorry for playing so overtly aggressive, the win you got with Lucas ticked me off lol

on another note...

OHMAAHGOODNESS!

that combo I pulled on your Pit.

F-air>L-cancel> D-air> L-cancel> B-air

That was the most amazing thing I've ever pulled since the perfect ASC combo.as;dlfkja;sldkjfa;lsdkjfaasdfas;ldkfja

NNID
MasterHavik
uhh... ggs lil CJ.

Sorry for playing so overtly aggressive, the win you got with Lucas ticked me off lol

on another note...

OHMAAHGOODNESS!

That was the most amazing thing I've ever pulled since the perfect ASC combo.as;dlfkja;sldkjfa;lsdkjfaasdfas;ldkfja
Don't you mean dash cancel noob? lol

TwinkleToes

Smash Lord
We thank you for your detailed and lengthy post on why Sonic sucks, KK... K
But I'm sure you have an essay on neuroscience to go write somewhere-- so, don't let us keep you.

lil cj

Smash Lord
uhh... ggs lil CJ.

on another note...

OHMAAHGOODNESS!

lol...its all good
I jus got lucky, Lucas is hard to control with lag...lol
Yeah that combo was cool, I was amazed when i saw that:)
U beat all my mains with Sonic...lol
Thanks for playing, those were some good matches.
Playing against a pro Sonic(you) made me better with Sonic
I need to learn some of those spring tricks/combos u were doin:)

TwinkleToes

Smash Lord
Pro? Lol, Tenki is nub :p

I mean, look at him talking about "L" canceling in Brawl :x

TwinkleToes

Smash Lord
I swear to god this doesn't exist. Unless he's referring to teching. I honestly haven't heard the term "L-cancel" in months-- so I'm very confused :x

Tenki

Smash Hero
lol...its all good
I jus got lucky, Lucas is hard to control with lag...lol
lol actually, it was because I haven't fought a Lucas in a LOONG time, kinda like Wolf/Bowser - I didn't know his moves and range and kept getting shut down :[

Isucked ;d

Yeah that combo was cool, I was amazed when i saw that:)
HE SAW IT!

TwinkleToes

Smash Lord
Don't pretend like you can't read my posts you scrub!
Yeah, I'm talkin to YOU, Tenki!

Tenki

Smash Hero
We're all ********.
Speaking of which, by the stupid vested inside my avatar, everyone should go and learn how to incorporate airdash into their game when cp'd on levels with inclines.

like on PS1's 'playground', you can do it on the tree; Rainbow cruise's back of ship, and Delfino.

I suck at aiming it.

Also, how do you make it teleport? Whenever I hit someone with it, I just keep going :[

TwinkleToes

Smash Lord
Lol, Tenki is nub. Can't even get an automatic glitch to work.

EDIT: Interesting tidbit to those who actually came to this thread to find out reasons why Sonic does not suck:
Sonic only 2 months ago was the 7th worst placer in tournaments. Now he's 15th and almost into the mid ranking on Ankoku's list.

lil cj

Smash Lord
Tell me more about this glitch:)
This airdash teleport sounds cool
How does it work?
Sonic can teleport??
...lol
Does anyone know some advanced spring techniques??
I only know 1

Top Bottom