• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sonic DOES NOT suck!!!

Tenki

Smash Hero
Well, you should think that way for the most part :p

That way you avoid being careless and getting hit by stupid stuff that shouldn't be hitting you.

Remember, you have 0 rings.

lil cj

Smash Lord
Well, you should think that way for the most part :p

That way you avoid being careless and getting hit by stupid stuff that shouldn't be hitting you.

Remember, you have 0 rings.

lol...iight:)
Im still thinking about how u beat all my mains/secondaries with only Sonic...lol
that was cool
its like you knew all their weakness
I really need to practice more...lol:)

NNID
MasterHavik
Well I play Sonic for a while. And I say he doesn't suck, but has a few negatives that make him hard to use. A character doesn't "suck", but take longer than a "noob" character to use them. For example it only took me 3 days to learn how to use Metaknight. And it took god know how long to master Sonic. So, that my example and my throughts.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
no offence dude but i learned how to play MK in about 15 min

and i promise you im not lying, my friend made a learn snake in 1 minute tutorial

and rob.... faceplam,

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
no offence dude but i learned how to play MK in about 15 min

and i promise you im not lying, my friend made a learn snake in 1 minute tutorial

and rob.... faceplam,
lemme guess... hold forward and press the A button.... that's Snake's whole tutorial, isn't it? I'd love to see it.

NNID
MasterHavik
It sad that characters like snake and Mk are so freaking easy to use. And have the highest amount of noobs players for them. It just come to show you that most people don't know real skills and flock to lvl 1. friendliy characters.

And to kid. the reason it took three days to learn him was because of making up plans on how to do what at what time. Finding otu when it tiem t okill with Mk and stuff.

diddykongsnaners

Smash Apprentice
you seem to be forgetting his no priority and can be stopped in most of a jab and his smashes are somewhat slow, this coming from a person who also mains sonic

LanksterZX69

Smash Rookie
I don't get this right here, explan this plz
I am trying to say that I do not aim to be a really good smash player with sonic because i dont think he has much potential to win tournaments.
However, I am aiming to be the person with the best sonic skills.
Not saying I do have the best sonic skills, just aiming for that.

Christopher Rodriguez

The illest Project M Bowser
Sonic has terrible priority, lack of kills, possibly gimpable recovery by grabbing it, and dies fairly easily. He does compensate for having a great chase game (obviously >_>), a decent edgegaurd game, some two-hit combos with his >B/vB.

I'd say its really all about the player, claiming a character is good or bad doesn't affect player skill at all.

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
I am trying to say that I do not aim to be a really good smash player with sonic because i dont think he has much potential to win tournaments.
However, I am aiming to be the person with the best sonic skills.
Not saying I do have the best sonic skills, just aiming for that.
What?
Is this some kind of insult that I'm not understanding?
How can you not aim to be a really good smash player with Sonic, yet aim to have the best Sonic skills? Let's just say you do reach your goal for argument's sake. Will you not be a good smash player with Sonic?

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
I'll agree that Sonic is most definately not a bad character. I actually think he could make it to Upper Middle Tier if we push it a little, but the thing that truly brings Sonic down is the massive number of Meta Knights, G&Ws, etc. Meta Knight > Sonic in almost every way, sadly. That is the thing that makes Sonic look especially bad because, even though he has a chance against many characters, he can't stand up to a couple of characters that are very overused, which horribly hinders his potential. That seems to be the setup of the entire game, do good on everyone except the characters that really matter.

Browny

Smash Hater
every character is ***** by them to an extent. honestly theres not too much half the cast can do to MK/G&W that sonic cant do.

Cat Fight

Smash Lord
NNID
NoGoodEndings
Tell me yr coming to one of the million CT tournies this month/next month, d00d. -___-;

I may miss out on Esticle because of Otakon, so we need to Sonic Boom soon - lol. @___@

Anywho, how 'bout Sonic having a sword in the next Smash? Huh, huh? ;"}

memphischains

Smash hhkj'
Yeah I'll be around for most of those I think.

I'm going to Esticle. SiYkO, ASL?, Fayt, (and I think Nuro is hoping in my car?!?!?!?!) would rather play smash so.... yeah. I didn't car either way.

Are you going to ******* and Beer? <3 Maine. I haven't seen Darc in like 46 years, cause Milktea's been whoring him.

P.S., Some people think I'm a chick because of ZELOS LOL

Cat Fight

Smash Lord
NNID
NoGoodEndings
Probably not since I don't have a ride.

What day is it? I'm pretty bizzy for the rest of the summer. CA, NJ, NY... Plus everytime I ask for a ride to an out of state tourney no one seems to wanna bring me/car is full johns. @___@

P.S. You could pass off as a girl... ;"} JK~

memphischains

Smash hhkj'
It's next sat.

Ask Cort? uh, Jake? I'm sure they are all going. It's MAINE, your presence is a must. Milktea too?

P.S., I COULD NOT lol.

wPSonX

Smash Rookie
I never say a character sucks in brawl. There just hard to use. If yu master them yu good.

Cat Fight

Smash Lord
NNID
NoGoodEndings
That's this Saturday, not next. @___@

I'm already going to one the 26th, and one the 27th. Both in CT - lol.

NNID
MasterHavik
Yeah I'll be around for most of those I think.

I'm going to Esticle. SiYkO, ASL?, Fayt, (and I think Nuro is hoping in my car?!?!?!?!) would rather play smash so.... yeah. I didn't car either way.

Are you going to ******* and Beer? <3 Maine. I haven't seen Darc in like 46 years, cause Milktea's been whoring him.

P.S., Some people think I'm a chick because of ZELOS LOL
Ok, memphis now I feel like taking that sword Sonic has and chop you into little something that has soemthing to with pie. Wow, I could think of nothing badass to say :D And now the truth out mem is a guy ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww lolsz

lil cj

Smash Lord
Im tryna keep this thread alive:)
I have heard that Snake is a problem for Sonic???
Sonic is much faster, and Snake is very slow
That makes no sense....
I know Snake is top tier, but Sonic should be able to put up a good fight...right?
I have fought some good Snakes before, not with Sonic but with Lucas and lost badly
Any tips on how to beat Snake with Sonic??

Tenki

Smash Hero
that's what that other thread is for.

Grab.

and more grab.

=/

TwinkleToes

Smash Lord
Im tryna keep this thread alive:)
I have heard that Snake is a problem for Sonic???
Sonic is much faster, and Snake is very slow
That makes no sense....
I know Snake is top tier, but Sonic should be able to put up a good fight...right?
I have fought some good Snakes before, not with Sonic but with Lucas and lost badly
Any tips on how to beat Snake with Sonic??
Wrong, Snake's core movement is slow, but his attacks are just as fast as yours. The only times he really gets start-up/cool-down lag is in the air and with some of his explosives.

Top Bottom